- Episodes3 (~)
- Release Date11. Feb 2007
- Main genresRomantic Drama
- Country of OriginJapan
- Adapted FromOriginal Work
- Target GroupMale
- Byousoku 5 Centimeter秒速5センチメートルStatus: CompletedRelease Date: 11.02.2007 ‑ 03.03.2007
- 5 Centimeters per SecondStatus: CompletedRelease Date: 04.03.2008
- Synonyms: Byousoku 5 Centimeter: A Chain of Short Stories about their Distance., 5cm, 5 Zentimeter pro Sekunde, Saniyede 5 Santimetre, 5 centimètres par seconde
Beginning with the lyrical image of cherry blossoms falling at five centimeters a second Makoto Shinkai paints a breathtakingly vivid tableau of young love desire loss and hope. Told in three breathtaking chapters we follow the young dreamer Takaki through his life as cruel winters cold technology silence and finally adult obligations and responsibility converge to crush the delicate petals of true love.
Anime New Items
- 5 Centimetres Per Second [Blu-ray]29. October 2018[Blu-ray]amazon.co.uk
- 5 Centimeters Per Second [Blu-ray]28. February 2017[Blu-ray]amazon.com
- 5 Centimeters Per Second (Re-Release)2. June 2015amazon.com
- 5 Centimeters Per Second (Re-Release)26. April 2011amazon.com
- 5 Centimetres Per Second14. March 2011amazon.co.uk
- 5 Centimeters Per Second4. March 2008amazon.com
- Wish List
Anime Images (41 Screenshots)
Every minute felt like an eternity time, clearly as if it had malicious intent, slowly ebbed away from me, I clenched my teeth and keeping myself from crying was the only thing I could do…
It must really be a lonelier journey than anyone could imagine. Cutting through absolute darkness, encountering nothing but the occasional hydrogen atom. Flying blindly into the abyss, believing therein lie the answers to the mysteries of the universe.
And right then it felt like I finally understood where everything was, eternity, the heart , the soul. It was like I was sharing every experience I’d ever had in my past 13 years. And then, the next moment, I became unbearably sad. I didn’t know what to do with these feeling. Her warmth, her soul. How was I supposed to treat them? That, I did not know. Then right then, I clearly understood that we would never be together. Our lives not yet fully realized, the vast expanse of time. They lay before us and there was nothing we could do. But then, all my worries, all my doubt, started melting away. All that was left were Akari’s soft lips on mine.
(Takaki Tono after kissing Akari Shinohara for the first time)
I’m just trying to live my life, but it seems as if sadness always piles itself up around me. It’s in my bed, the toothbrush in my bathroom, and the memory of my cellphone. Over the past few years, I’ve wanted to move on, I’ve wanted to take hold of something I couldn’t reach. What that is, I have no idea. Not knowing where such obsessive thoughts were coming from, I simply drowned myself in my work. Then one day I realized that my heart was withering, and in it there was nothing but pain. And one morning, I realized that my beliefs, that I once held so passionately, had completely disappeared. That was it, I couldn’t take it anymore, so I quit my job.