- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2SUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe year is now 2018. With Zero dead and the remnants of the Black Knights being swept up by the Britannian forces, a forced state of peace settles over Area 11. The rights of the Elevens remain limited but with no one to lead them and the defeat during the Black Rebellion hanging over them, the Japanese people remain under the boot of Britannian Empire with no hope to overcome this oppression. But forces are moving in the shadows and nothing is quite what it seems are the hopes and dreams of the Black Knights crushed or were the battles up until now a prelude for greater things yet to come?
- TV-Series, 10 (2019)Attack on Titan Season 3 (Part 2)WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minShingeki no Kyojin Season 3 (2019) is the second part of the third season of the anime adaptation to Hajime Isayama’s manga of the same name and seamlessly continues its prequel. After Hanji failed to analyse the Titan Serum, Erwin decided to entrust Levi with the serum and risk administering it to someone who really needs it. With their plan to reconquer Wall Maria from the Titans, this could come to pass sooner than the scouts would like. The tensions within the squad rise and the emotions lie fallow … So during dinner on the eve of the operation there are more than a few arguments between the members. But the cheering and encouragement from the inhabitants of Trost District the next morning once again awakens the honour and resolve of the Scout Squad, while Berthold and Reiner stand guard on Wall Maria. What will happen with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, and what about the two corpses that cause a violent conflict between Eren, Mikasa, and Levi …?
- TV-Series, 25 (2006)Code Geass: Lelouch of the RebellionSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minOn August 10th of the year 2010 the Holy Empire of Britannia began a campaign of conquest, its sight set on Japan. Operations were completed in one month, thanks to Britannia's deployment of new mobile humanoid armor vehicles dubbed Knightmare Frames. Japan's right and identity were stripped away, the once proud Nation, now known as Aera 11. Its citizens, Elevens, are forced to scratch out a living while the Britannians aristocrats live comfortably within their settlements. Pockets of resistance appear throughout Area 11, working towards independence for Japan. Lelouch, an exiled Imperial Prince of Britannia posing as a student, finds himself in the heart of the ongoing conflict for the island nation. Trough a chance meeting with a mysterious girl named C.C., Lelouch gains his Geass, the power of the king. Now endowed with absolute dominance over any person, Lelouch may now finally realize his goal of bringing down Britannia from within!
- TV-Series, 26 (2019)Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaibaufotable, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minThe legend of a man-eating demon that haunts woods has been around for ages. As a result, the locals no longer dare go out at night. Legend has it that Demon Slayers are wandering the land to hunt down such bloodthirsty demons. For young Tanjirou these legends that he thought nothing but fairy tales to keep children from going out at night soon become cruel reality … Ever since his father's death, Tanjirou has dedicated himself to keeping his family alive and safe. Despite their harsh lives, they have managed to be happy so far, but this comforting warmth of bliss is gruesomely destroyed when Tanjirou finds his family slaughtered … by one of those fairy-tale monsters: a demon! Only his sister Nezuko has survived, but she has turned into a demon herself. Surprisingly, Nezuko still shows signs of human emotions and thought. Thus, Tanjirou sets out to become a Demon Slayer himself in order to keep his sister safe and to find a way to turn her back into a human …!
- TV-Series, 16 (2020)Attack on Titan Final SeasonMAPPA Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minIn Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season, the fourth and final season of the anime adaptation of Hajime Isayama’s manga of the same name, we follow Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and the rest of the Scout Regiment one last time on their adventures inside and outside the walls of their small world. After setting out under cheers and encouraging shouts into their previous battle to reclaim Wall Maria and the Shiganshina District from the Titans, they were faced by a whole four Intelligent Titans—including the dreaded Beast Titan … The battle was long and bitter, but in the end the Scout Regiment claimed victory—a victory for mankind! Wall Maria is closed, Shiganshina is habitable again, and the power of the Colossal Titan is now in the hands of the Scout Regiment! But the price for this victory was high … The regiment was reduced to nine members, Reiner and the Beast Titan were able to escape, and Levi, Hanji, and co were met with a cruel decision: who should be saved with the Titan Serum—Erwin or Armin? And the answers they found in Eren’s basement didn’t make their fate any more bearable either, as they now know that the enemy is not “just a few titans”, but the whole world and that their true adversary, far beyond their walls, on the other side of the vast ocean, is plotting against them …
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Attack on TitanWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minSeveral hundred years ago, mankind was nearly wiped out by the titans. The aggressive giants are much taller and – physically – stronger than humans, however less intelligent. Furthermore, it seems that they eat humans just for fun. Only few people survived these attacks because they entrenched themselves behind tremendous walls. The city was safe from titans for about 100 years. Nevertheless, the adolescent Eren Yeager and his foster-sister Mikasa Ackerman have to watch how the city walls are destroyed by an incredibly big titan. As a result, many small titans are able to enter the city and wreak havoc. To make matters worse, Eren has to witness the death of his mother who is eaten by a titan. Henceforth, he is hellbent on vengeance..
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Attack on Titan Season 3WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minThe third season of the “Attack on Titan” anime adaptation seamlessly continues the events of its predecessor: Eren and his comrades of the 104th are now part of the newly formed Levi Squad, whose mission is to protect Eren and Historia. However, Eren with his new Titan hardening ability and Historia with all her knowledge and lineage are not only of great importance for the Survey Corps around Erwin and Levi … Other powers are also interested in getting their hands on the two, albeit for entirely different purposes than Erwin! This is also confirmed by the brutal torture death of the priest, whom Hanji brought to a supposedly safe place. The suspicion is obvious that the military police have a hand in this and the Survey Corps’ new (human) enemy doesn’t make them wait for long. A hot battle breaks out between Levi and an old acquaintance, whom he remembers only too well from his youth …
- Movie, 1 (2009)Evangelion: 2.22 - You Can (Not) AdvanceStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~108minNew Pilots, New Evas, New Angels The landmark anime Evangelion evolves, reaching new heights of intensity in the new feature film: Evangelion 2.22. In this explosive new story, brutal action and primal emotion clash as a group of young pilots maneuver their towering, cyborg Eva Units into combat against a deadly and disturbing enemy. In the battle to prevent the apocalyptic Third Impact, Shinji and Rei were forced to carry humanity's hopes on their shoulders. Now, as the onslaught of the bizarre, monstrous Angels escalates, they find their burden shared by two new Eva pilots, the fiery Asuka and the mysterious Mari. In this thrilling new experience for fans of giant robot destruction, the young pilots fight desperately to save mankind and struggle to save themselves.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Attack on Titan Season 2WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24min“Attack on Titan” goes into its second round. When Eren and his comrades discover the face of a titan within the Wall, the priest Nick identifies himself and confesses to knowing something about it and the Wall itself. As it turns out, the Wall is made of titans! However, Eren and the others don’t have much time to recover from their shock, as Wall Rose has fallen and the titans are advancing from the south into the area. This is the day that shall be known as “the new worst day in humanity’s history.”
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Parasyte: The MaximMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~23minShinichi Izumi is a normal high school boy whose right hand has become infected with an alien parasite that names itself Migi (Jap. for "right"). Migi is the first parasite to develop a symbiotic relationship with its host, as he and Shinichi slowly develop a grudging friendship. Migi isn't the only Parasite on earth, however, and as cases of Parasites killing humans begin to emerge, humans seek to kill off Parasites. Shinichi and Migi find themselves caught in between these two sides of the struggle over planet Earth.
- Movie, 1 (2017)No Game, No Life ZeroMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~106minSix thousand years before Sora and Shiro were even a blink in the history of Disboard, war consumed the land, tearing apart the heavens, destroying stars, and even threatening to wipe out the human race. Amid the chaos and destruction, a young man named Riku leads humanity toward the tomorrow his heart believed in. One day, in the ruins of an Elf city, he meets Shuvi, a female exiled “Ex-machina” android who asks him to teach her what it means to have a human heart.
- TV-Series, 13 (2004)Elfen LiedCommonsense Inc., Studio Guts Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~25minLucy, a beautiful young mutant, is bred by the government to be the ultimate weapon. Armed with unfathomable powers, she escapes her handlers, but loses her memory in the process. Fortunately, our young waif is taken in by two well-meaning students. Now, with government killers on her trail, the disposition of a five year old, and a hair trigger for ultraviolence, Lucy and her young friends must unravel the dark secret of her legacy before it’s too late.
- TV-Series, 50 (2002)Mobile Suit Gundam SEEDSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe war between the Coordinators' ZAFT forces and the Naturals of the Earth Alliance has raged on for 11 months now. Kira is a young coordinator who sought refuge on a neutral colony belonging to the peaceful country of Orb. Kira's life is calm until one day he becomes caught up in an attack on his colony by ZAFT. The Coordinator forces plan to steal prototype Mobile Suits (giant robots designed for combat) built for the Alliance’s military. Unfortunately, when Kira inadvertently pilots the Strike Gundam into battle for the Alliance he is reunited with his childhood friend, Athrun... leader of ZAFT's assault team!Following their reunion, Kira and Athrun will slowly be dragged deeper and deeper into the chaos of the surrounding war.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Season 2ufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minThe Holy Grail war continues to rage on without a dejected Shiro Emiya, who has lost his means to participate and his ability to heal. Meanwhile, Rin Tohsaka has dissolved their partnership and, along with Archer, continues to battle the growing power of Caster who has stolen Saber from Shiro. However, Caster is not the only player in this dangerous game Rin must worry about. Shiro finds himself unable to just sit this one out with all that is at stake, even if it's suicidal for him to continue.
- TV-Series, 13 (2005)Full Metal Panic! The Second RaidKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Action DramaLight Novel~23minIt’s tough to keep your grades up without having to take off at a moment’s notice to save the world. But for Sousuke Sagara, undercover high school student and member of the mercenary group Mithril, life in Tokyo seemed the same as always. But underneath the promising exterior spin the wheels of a conspiracy that threaten to destroy the peace. A new threat has arisen: Amalgam. An unknown element with advanced mech technology, this mysterious organization has been running things from behind the scenes. As dissension spreads throughout the ranks of Mithril, Sousuke faces his own internal struggle. Spread thin between schoolwork and war, the powers that be have decided to lighten his load… beginning with Kaname! Life and death hang in the balance as the clash between good and evil scale new heights. When the smoke clears, Sousuke’s path will be the one that he forges for himself.
- OVA, 2 (2014)Attack on Titan: No RegretsWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minErwin Smith is an ascending hero in the Scouting Legion. He is the only hope to destroy the dangerous titans and ensure the people's safety. Erwin is respected by many people, especially because of his relentless and calm behaviour. However, below the city there is a completely other world, a place, where people have to live amidst the garbage that is carelessly thrown away in the capital. There, in the underground, the criminal Levi survives with his keen mind and agility.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Season 1ufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minTen years ago, the magus Kiritsugu Emiya saved one lone survivor of a great disaster. As he cried in happiness, he proclaimed that by saving him, he had saved himself. The boy swore then that he would become a hero who lived to save others. Five years after the death of his foster father, Shirō Emiya finds himself drawn into a battle to the death between seven magi called Masters, where each commands the spirit of a hero of legend called a Servant in pursuit of having one wish granted by the legendary Holy Grail. In this battle, Shirō will finally have the chance to face the ghosts of his past, and to find his path to face his dreams and his future. Through the power of the Holy Grail, his wish will finally come true, for a hero of justice must have an evil to defeat.
- Movie, 1 (2017)Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal ScaleA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~119min2026: Two years have passed since Kirito and his friends were able to escape their virtual prison. The new augmented-reality-MMO “Ordinal Scale” is conquering the hearts of players and while Asuna and the others have been part of the community for a while, Kirito only joined the game a bit later. But strange things happen in the game and our friends have to face new threat …
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)The Seven Deadly SinsA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaManga~24minIn a world where humans and non-humans have not yet been separated, the kingdom of Leones is protected by the Holy Knights, powerful magic users both revered and feared by the people. Supposedly the strongest, most fearsome of these knights, the Seven Deadly Sins, betrayed the kingdom and made enemies of all the other knights. Queen Elizabeth doesn't believe this story, and sets out to find the Sins - but when she meets the first Sin at a tavern, his name is Melodias, and he's nothing but a boy in charge of the pigs.
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Fate/Zero Season 2ufotable, Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minThe battle for the Holy Grail continues, with more lives lost and more secrets revealed. When the curtain falls, who will emerge victorious is anyone's guess... And what "victorious" truly means, is even more questionable.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second SeasonSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe year is 2312 A.D.; four years after the United Nation Forces destroyed Celestial Being. Thanks to the actions of the now-missing Gundam Meisters, most of the worlds nations have been unified under the Earth Sphere Federation. But this world is still full of conflicts, and an autonomous peacekeeping force known as the A-LAWS employs brutal tactics such as the use of murderous automatons in order to suppress all resistance to the Federation government. It is time for the Gundam Meisters to make their second advent, and their new objective is to crush this formidable force of global oppression. Setsuna reappears with his battered Gundam and joins forces with Tieria, who has been working with the remnants if Celestial Being to create a new series of Gundams using their precious solar reactors. As they try to recruit a new member and rescue an old comrade, a revolutionary new machine known as the 00 Gundam is about to awaken.
- Movie, 3 (2017)Fate/Stay Night: Heaven’s Feelufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~120minHeaven's Feel is the last route from the original 2004 visual novel Fate/stay night. One would have to complete the other two routes first, namely Fate and Unlimited Blade Works, to get it. This time the focus is on the third heroine Matou Sakura, who is beginning to act rather strange after coming down with a fever.
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIGProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~25minSet in a re-imagined Hong Kong at a time when cyberspace is expanding into human reality, the story follows top cyberwarrior Major Motoko Kusanagi as she hovers on the border of total immersion in the digital world.
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Sword Art OnlineA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minEscape was impossible until it was cleared; a game over would mean an actual «death». Without knowing the «truth» of the mysterious next generation MMO, «Sword Art Online» (SAO), approximately ten thousand users logged in together, opening the curtains to this cruel death battle. Participating alone in SAO, protagonist Kirito had promptly accepted the «truth» of this MMO. And in the game world, a gigantic floating castle named «Aincrad», he distinguished himself as a solo player. Aiming to clear the game by reaching the highest floor, Kirito riskily continued alone. Because of a pushy invitation from a female warrior and rapier expert, Asuna, he teamed up with her. That encounter brought about an opportunity to call out to the fated Kirito.
- Movie, 1 (1995)Ghost in the ShellProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~79minIn the year 2029, the barriers of our world have been broken down by the net and by cybernetics, but this brings new vulnerability to humans in the form of brain-hacking. When a highly-wanted hacker known as "The Puppetmaster" begins involving them in politics, Section 9, a group of cybernetically enhanced cops, are called in to investigate and stop the Puppetmaster. The pursuit will call into question what makes a human and what is the Puppetmaster in a world where the distinction between human and machine is increasingly blurry.
- TV-Series, 50 (2005)Eureka SevenBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minApart from hover-boarding, fourteen year-old Renton Thurston finds his life boring until a large LFO robot called the Nirvash crashes into his room one day without warning. The pilot of the LFO is a beautiful young girl named Eureka, who has come to have her LFO serviced in the garage run by his family. But following her are the Gekkostate, a small band of guerilla fighters, and a United Federation Forces KLF unit.
- OVA, 110 (1988)Legend of the Galactic HeroesT.P.O., Inc., Kitty Film Mitaka StudioAction DramaNovel~25minFor decades, the Galactic Empire has been locked in an interstellar war with the Free Planets Alliance, a conflict that involves thousands of spaceships and millions of soldiers on both sides. Two new commanders enter the conflict with great hopes: Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li. As they deal with superiors and subordinates, maneuver through complicated political arrangements, plot strategies, and win battles, each will be tested, and ultimately, changed, by the reality of war.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of UnderworldA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minSword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld continues the “Alicization” storyline of the anime adaptation to Reki Kawahara’s “Sword Art Online” light novel. The long ascent to the highest level of the cathedral demanded a lot of Kirito and Eugeo and their reunion with Alice was nothing short of disastrous … After the confrontation, Eugeo had to continue his way to the top separated from Kirito and Alice, who now worked together to climb the outer wall of the tower. When they finally arrived on the top floors, not only was it up to them to get the brainwashed Eugeo back on the right track, but the fight against the Administrator was imminent. Kirito and his friends were able to successfully endure this battle, but the price for this hard-won victory was high. Not only did Alice’s memory module and Cardinal fall victim to Administrator, but Eugeo also gave his life to guarantee the victory of his friends …! Quinella’s attempt to escape and the heavy attack on the Rath research facility, however, leave behind a more than uncertain future for Kirito, Alice, and the other inhabitants of Underworld. What will happen next and what about Kikuoka’s final instructions? Could they be the salvation for Kirito …?
- Movie, 1 (1997)Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Production I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~90minHaving prevented the Third Impact and thus saving the planet, NERV unexpectedly finds itself under attack. Conscious of Gendo's betrayal, SEELE launches a massive raid towards Tokyo-3 in order to conclude the Human Instrumentality Project at any cost. NERV must now fight its most fearsome opponent: mankind itself.
- TV-Series, 26 (1995)Neon Genesis EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minNeon Genesis Evangelion is the story of a reluctant young hero, called upon to pilot an immense robotic weapon in battle against alien invaders in the year 2015. As the remnants of the human race cower in subterranean cities, a deadly war is being waged on what is left of the planet. On one side are the mysterious beings known as Angels; on the other, the special agency NERV and mankind’s last hope, the awe-inspiring Evangelions. Annotation: An English-dubbed version was first published as part of a VHS release by ADV Films starting in 1996. After ADV Films’ license expired, streaming service Netflix released a newly dubbed version in 2019.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Darling in the FranxxTrigger Inc., CloverWorksAction DramaOriginal Work~24minDreaming … dreaming to someday soar free, knowing full well, that the free sky is forever barred to them. In a distant future, after Earth has been devastated and most civilisation ceased to exist, the remaining humans built a moving fortress city called “Plantation” in order to survive and keep some civilisation intact. The children of the “Plantation” live in a pilot training facility best known as the “bird cage.” Not knowing the outside world or the free sky, they are trained for only one purpose: to fight the mysterious enemy that reduced humanity to this miserable state. Learning to pilot what is known as “Franxx” and being trained to fight an enemy they have never even seen, the children believe that only piloting the “Franxx” can prove their existence. Hiro—code number 016—was once hailed a child prodigy, but when he fell behind and wasn’t able to ride a “Franxx,” his existence had lost all meaning. After all … if you can’t pilot a “Franxx,” you might as well not exist at all. One day, however, a mysterious girl called Zero Two appears before him with two lustrous horns rising from her head. A familiar smile flickering across her lips, as she calls out to him: “I found you, my darling.”
- TV-Series, 26 (2010)RainbowMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~23minSeven teenagers in 1955 have to learn to live together in the same hold in the reformatory of Shio. Confined in a hall where suffering and humiliation are daily, they are waiting for a ray of hope in a dark, incarcerating world. The story follows their life together and how they move on afterwards.
- OVA, 2 (2016)Akatsuki no Yona: Zeno Kako-henPierrot Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~27min
- Movie, 1 (2007)Evangelion: 1.11 - You Are (Not) AloneStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~98minTokyo-3 still stands after most of civilization was decimated in the Second Impact. Now the city endures the ceaseless onslaught of the deadly Angels, bizarre creatures bent on eradicating the human race. To combat this strange and ruthless enemy, the government agency NERV constructs a fleet of towering humanoid machines – the Evas – and Shinji Ikari is called into action, reluctantly taking his place at the controls of Eva Unit 01. Living a life of loneliness and questioning his existence, Shinji struggles to accept responsibility for mankind’s battle for survival in this visually striking rebuild of one of the most important anime of all time. Shinji will fight the Angels alongside the only person who might understand his plight – Rei Ayanami, the elusive and frail pilot of Eva Unit 00. In this film experience not to be missed, Shinji and Rei will struggle to learn a simple truth: when carrying the burden of humanity’s survival on your shoulders, you are not alone.
- Movie, 1 (2008)The Garden of Sinners: Ever Cry, Never Life (Remaining Sense of Pain)ufotable, Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~57minOne night, Mikiya helps a girl who is lying doubled over with stomach pains. Around that time a number of dismembered bodies are found throughout the city. The murder victims are torn apart so badly that they don't seem like the work of a human. Shiki finds the perpetrator of those crimes, who turns out to be the girl that Mikiya had saved. Her name is Fujino Asagami. Like Shiki, who possesses the Mystical Eyes of Death Perception, Fujino has the psychokinetic power to bend anything. The third movie in chronological timeline.
- TV-Series, 10 (2014)Black Butler: Book of CircusA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaManga~24minCiel and his butler, Sebastian, are asked by her Majesty to investigate the mysterious disappearance of small children and they are pointed in the direction of a traveling circus which's arrival to town coincides with the disappearances of the kids.
- OVA, 3 (2007)Tsubasa Tokyo RevelationsProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~26minAs Sakura, Shaoran, Fai, and Kurogane continues their travel across many worlds, the other "Shaoran" wakes up. The Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations reveals Fei Wong Reed's intention, and the mystery to Shaoran's left eye.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Code Geass: Lelouch of the ResurrectionSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~113min
- TV-Series, 25 (2016)Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded Orphans 2SUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25min
- TV-Special, 1 (2014)Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Prologueufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~51min