- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)Toward the Terra...Tokyo Kids Co.,Ltd., Minami Machi Bugyousho Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minEarth, no longer able to sustain life due to the rapid development of human civilization, was abandoned. Leaving Terra behind, mankind set out in search of new planetary systems to inhabit. With this cause in mind a new unified government was formed and dubbed the Superior Domination. Now spread across the cosmos, humanity lives in peace, their lives dictated by Superior Domination s computers. Jomy, a young man fast approaching his fourteenth birthday, stands at the brink of his adult life. On the day of his adulthood exam, his mind races with the remnants of dreams that haunt him in the dead of sleep. Mu, a word unheard amongst the denizens of the human systems, plays upon his lips. Abilities previously unknown soon manifest within, and Jomy s race towards adulthood becomes frenzied fleeing from the powers that be and toward the Terra.
- Movie, 1 (2011)The Princess and the PilotMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~100minThe war between the Levamme Empire and the Amatsukami Imperium has been raging for years. In the midst of this struggle, the prince of the Levamme Empire declares his love for Juana del Moral and vows to end the war in one year as part of his marriage proposal. When the Amatsukami catch wind of this, they assault the del Moral residence, targeting Juana's life. As a last-ditch effort to bring the prince his bride, the San Maltilia Airforce employs a mercenary of mixed blood - a bestado - to fly Juana to the prince in secret. The pilot, Charles, accepts the mission... but traversing an ocean alone, and into enemy territory, proves a much more dangerous ordeal than anyone could have anticipated.
- Movie, 1 (2008)Ghost in the Shell 2.0Production I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~83minIn 2029 a sentient computer virus is smuggled into an unspecified country. Several prominent scientists from the project also try to defect. Meanwhile, Major Motoko Kusanagi, a cyborg agent with the government's secret Internal Affairs team Section 9, is troubled by a series of crimes committed by the Puppet Master a terrorist who hacks into the minds of innocent citizens. The Puppet Master proves difficult to track leaping from the brain of a ministerial translator to a humble garbage man, to a small-time criminal. Though all the suspects are eventually apprehended, they are mere shells the crucial soul, or ghost of the Puppet Master has already found a new host by the time the squad arrives. In fact, the Puppet Master is not a foreign criminal at all, but a creation of Section 6, a rival espionage wing with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Section 6 has been using the Puppet Master to create terrorist incidents and crimes that are then used by the government to justify unwelcome new policies and laws, but the artificially-created intelligence has now turned on its former masters. The Puppet Master asks for political asylum, but its latest body (a new cyborg fresh off the assembly line) is stolen by agents of Section 6. Kusanagi and Batou track it down to a remote location, where a gravely wounded Motoko is finally able to link with the Puppet Master. She has become troubled by the false memory incidents around her, and wants to question it about what makes it sentient. The Puppet Master reveals that to truly be alive, it must gain the ability to reproduce and die. It proposes that the two of them merge their souls to form a new being... In terms of CGI, there are over 90 cuts that have been altered and enhanced. And what with extensive use of filter effects and colour correction techniques throughout the rest of the film, it s fair to say that pretty much the entire movie has been enhanced in some way. Mamoru Oshii is talking of his latest cinema release, an enhanced director's cut of his 1995 masterpiece Ghost in the Shell, intended for a new generation of filmgoers, and a new generation of film technology.
- Movie, 3 (2017)Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion - Movie TrilogySUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~136min
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)Hakkenden: Eight Dogs of the East 2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minShino continues his Life in the imperial capital searchng for the Gems, making new friends, and discovering Himself.
- TV-Series, 12 (2009)Birdy the Mighty: Decode 2A-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaManga~24minBirdy and Tsutomu are still co-existing in the same body, as Birdy continues her duties as Federation Investigator and celebrity persona, and Tsutomu seeks to balance them with his normal everyday life. When a criminal group connected to the Ryunka incident escape from custody, hiding themselves and their alien identities on Earth, Birdy and Tsutomu are thrown back into action. It seems, however, that there are other forces involved, as well as old faces, which give Birdy time to reflect on the past, and the people that influenced her.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress: The Battle of UnatoWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~82min
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)In/SpectreBrain's BaseAction DramaLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2013)Tokyo Ravens8bitAction DramaLight Novel~24minIn the "Great Disaster," Japan has been thrown into chaos by onmyouji (a kind of magician). Harutora Tsuchimikado was born into an onmyouji family, but has no power whatsoever. His childhood friend Natsume (another member of the Tsuchimikado family) appears to him one day to take him up the promise he made long ago to become her shikigami (familiar). A battle between onmyouji is about to begin.
- Movie, 1 (2017)Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya: Oath under the SnowSILVER LINK.Action DramaManga~90minFate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya: Oath under the Snow adapts the flashback chapter from Hiroshi Hiroyama’s “Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!” manga, which tells the story of how everything began for Miyu, of her world and of the Ainsworth Clan. This time, however, the focus of the story is not on Illya, but on Shirou Emiya, whom we accompany during his early childhood on his travels and missions with Kiritsugu. In Miyu’s world the Fourth Holy Grail War ended in a catastrophe and Kiritsugu couldn’t make his plan to save humanity from suffering and torment come true, but he hasn’t given up yet. One day, when he is on the road with Shirou again, the two once more witness a similar catastrophe, but this time there is a dazzling light that stops the dark power that is about to destroy the small town. Upon closer inspection, they find a young girl abandoned in a collapsing building: Miyu Sakatsuki. To Kiritsugu it is clear that Miyu is the key to his life’s work and so he takes her in only to use her power. Shirou, however, finds himself developing completely different feelings—he begins to see Miyu as his little sister, who needs to be protected! But when even after Kiritsugu’s death Miyu is still in danger and the Ainsworth Clan wants to exploit her power, it’s time for the big brother to go to war to save Miyu and grant her a happy life—no matter the cost …! Annotation: Even though the film tells the background story to the whole series, logically it succeeds the end of the anime’s third season. Since the film addresses some more or less unexpected plot points from the previous seasons, it is recommended to watch it only after the end of the anime’s third season in order to avoid possible spoilers.
- TV-Series, 26 (1998)TrigunMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~25minVash The Stampede is a wanted man with a habit of turning entire towns into rubble. The price on his head is a fortune, and his path of destruction reaches across the arid wastelands of a desert planet. Unfortunately, most encounters with the spiky-haired gunslinger don't end well for the bounty hunters who catch up with him; someone almost always gets hurt - and it's never Vash. Oddly enough, for such an infamous fugitive, there's no proof that he's ever taken a life. In fact, he's a pacifist with a doughnut obsession who's more doofus than desperado. There's a whole lot more to him than his reputation lets on - Vash the Stampede definitely ain't your typical outlaw.
- TV-Series, 25 (2017)Fate/ApocryphaA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24min
- Movie, 1 (2005)Fullmetal Alchemist: The Conqueror of ShambalaBONES Inc.Action DramaManga~105minIt is 1923 in Munich. Two years have passed since Edward Elric’s sacrifice ripped him out of his world and into ours, separating him from his younger brother, Alphonse. In that time, Ed’s continued research into rocketry has allied him with Alphonse Heiderich, a fellow researcher who oddly resembles Ed’s brother. Progress has been slow, however, and Ed has become discouraged. But when he saves a quiet Gypsy girl with the power to read minds, Ed is quickly pulled into a plot by the Thule Society and the burgeoning Nazi Party that could drag both worlds into a terrible war. Back in his own world, Al has been unlocking new secrets of alchemy and gaining incredible powers, all in the hopes of finding Ed. Battling the occult, ideological extremists, and monstrous Homunculi lurking in the shadows, can the brothers find a way to reunite without causing chaos and bloodshed? What will happen when the world of alchemy and the world of modern science collide?
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Berserk (Season 2)GEMBA Inc., MillepenseeAction DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Kabaneri of the Iron FortressWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~23minOn the island country Hinomoto, humans hide themselves in fortresses called "stations" against the threat of zombie-like beings with steel hearts known as "Kabane." Only armored locomotives known as "Hayajiro" go between the stations.
- Movie, 2 (2013)Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (Movies)Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Action DramaVisual Novel~92min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Full Metal Panic! Invisible VictoryXEBECAction DramaLight Novel~24minIt’s been almost 13 years since the second season—The Second Raid—of the anime adaption for Shouji Gatou’s light novel Full Metal Panic! concluded, but the wait is over and we can now reunite with Sousuke, Kaname and Tessa! Invisible Victory starts where season two left off: Sousuke has been reinstated as Kaname’s official guardian and while both are trying to reclaim their everyday lives in school and continue their slowly budding relationship, Tessa, too, works hard to get her crew and organisation back into order. Yet the peace is short-lived, as a storm is a-brewin’: Amalgam—under Leonard’s reign—did not take kindly to its recent defeats and now they consider Mythril a clear obstacle in their ongoing quest to secure Kaname. The solution seems obvious: An all-out attack! Mythril’s base is under heavy fire and their only choice is to attempt an escape on the Tuatha de Danaan. At the same time, however, Sousuke and Kaname have their own lives to worry about, because Amalgam is done playing around and they will not stop at anything to finally get Kaname into their hands. With their home town under attack and the members of Mythril in mortal peril, what can Sousuke and Kaname do …?
- Movie, 1 (2020)Shin Evangelion Gekijouban:||Studio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~?min
- TV-Series, 22 (2017)Re:CreatorsTROYCA Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24min
- Movie, 1 (2012)Evangelion: 3.33 - You Can (Not) RedoStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~95minShinji Ikari just woke up in his Eva unit fourteen years after starting the Third Impact. He hasn’t aged, but everything else has changed. The earth is in ruins. Rei is missing. The people he once protected treat him like a prisoner and threaten to kill him if he pilots another Eva. When he escapes to the remains of NERV headquarters, Shinji meets pianist Kaworu, who is destined to be Shinji’s copilot in a new dual-cockpit Eva. As the boys bond, NERV’s true mission begins to come into focus. Lost in a labyrinth of deception, Shinji careens toward a mental breakdown that could bring about the end of humanity.
- Movie, 1 (2005)Final Fantasy VII: Advent ChildrenVisual WorksAction DramaVideo Game~101minIn the wake of the climactic events played out in Square Enix's Playstation video game world of Final Fantasy VII, the ruins of Midgar stand as a testament to the sacrifices made in order to bring peace. However, as a mysterious illness rapidly spreads and old enemies astir, the solitary hero Cloud must once again step out of his self-imposed seclusion and stand against the dark forces converging on his world!
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Aldnoah.Zero Season 2A-1 Pictures Inc., TROYCA Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minSeeking for revenge, Count Saazbaum, a Martian, attacked the Earth. Later on, the war between the Terrans and Martians ended with Earth's Terrans gaining the victory. However, nineteen months later, the battle between them continues. Martians still continues to invade the Earth and the Terrans to protect it.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)ID: InvadedNAZAction DramaOriginal Work~?min
- Movie, 5 (2012)Code Geass: Akito the ExiledSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~58minThe side story takes place in 2017 a.t.b., around the time Lelouch took on the alter-ego “Zero” and built up his “Black Knights” rebellion army. The setting is in Europe, where the Euro Universe (E.U.) allied nations are being invaded by the overwhelming forces of the Holy Britannian Empire. On the verge of defeat, the E.U. army forms a special division known as “W-O″, of which a young pilot named Akito Hyuuga is a member. Layla Malkal , a former Britannian Aristocrat comes to the E.U.'s aid, commanding the “Wyvern” Knightmare corps comprised of Japanese teenagers. They recklessly plunge into a battlefield, where the survival rate is extremely low, at about 5% only. They fight for their freedom, and for a "home" to which they can return.
- Movie, 1 (1984)Macross: Do You Remember LoveTatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaOther~115minA.D. 2009: The human race is in the middle of a three-way war with a race of giant humanoid aliens split into the Zentrans (males) and Meltlans (females). After executing a space fold that sent it and part of South Ataria Island to the edge of the Solar System, the space fortress Macross is on its way back to Earth. During a small skirmish with Zentradi forces, young pilot Hikaru Ichijyo rescues idol singer Lynn Minmay and their relationship develops as they're stranded somewhere within the ship. But shortly after returning to Macross City, Minmay is captured by the Zentradi, and Hikaru and female officer Misa Hayase end up back on Earth—only to view the aftermath of the destruction of their civilization. Only a song discovered eons ago—along with Minmay's voice—can determine the outcome of the war.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Gantz:ODigital Frontier Inc.Action DramaManga~95min
- TV-Series, 26 (2003)GungraveMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaVideo Game~25minBack from the grave… back for murder. For Brandon Heat, death doesn't matter. Driven by his need for revenge, he returns from beyond the grave to cripple Milleneon, the huge mafia organization that uses undead monsters as its enforcers. His ultimate goal will be to destroy Harry McDowell, the leader of Milleneon and, at one time, Brandon's best friend...
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)Fate/stay nightStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minThe Holy War Begins... Ten years ago master there was a secret war fought by master mages with their servants in order to obtain the Holy Grail and the result was devastating to everyone. Today, the Holy Grail is beginning again with new masters. One such master, Shirou, must now come to grips with the reality of the secret world of war mages and their summoned servants when he unknowingly summons his own servant, Saber; the one said to be the most powerful servant of them all. Perhaps, Shirou will be the one to prevent the destruction that had marked the first war.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Attack on Titan: Roar of AwakeningWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~120min
- TV-Series, 50 (2004)Mobile Suit Gundam SEED DestinySUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minWith both PLANT and Earth Forces entering a state of uneasy truce, the world has once again found itself at peace. Yet for some, the war has never ended. Shinn Asuka, a coordinator who lost his entire family during the Battle of Orb, now fights with ZAFT in their newest prototype: the Impulse Gundam. When one of these machines is stolen by Federation forces, the world once again spirals towards chaos.
- OVA, 3 (2017)Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost GirlsWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~25min
- OVA, 12 (1996)Mobile Suit Gundam: The 08th MS TeamSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~22minThe year is Univeral Century 0079. The Federation has begun mass production of the prototype Gundams for use by their ground forces. Shiro Amada, commander of the 08th MS Team, must lead his squadron through fierce fighting on the ground. However, the Zeons are developing a secret project which could tip the balance of power! Can Shiro and his ragtag team of castoffs, rejects, and bad attitudes save the Federation?
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya 3rei!!SILVER LINK.Action DramaManga~24min
- OVA, 7 (2010)Mobile Suit Gundam UnicornSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~60minThe year is U.C. 0096. Three years have passed since the end of the Second Neo Zeon War. It is said that the Vist Foundation manipulates the Earth Federation and Anaheim Electronics from behind the scenes. Hoping to create a new world, the Foundation attempts to hand over a certain secret to the Neo Zeon remnants known as the Sleeves. This will mean the opening of Laplaces Box, which holds a great secret tied to the origins of the Universal Century. The exchange between the Vist Foundation and the Sleeves is to take place at the manufacturing colony Industrial 7. This is the home of the student Banagher Links, who rescues a girl he sees falling through the colony's zero gravity area. The girl gives her name as Audrey Burne and says she wants to prevent a war, spurring Banagher to step into the conflict surrounding Laplaces Box, almost as if he is drawn in by his own bloodline. Based on a story by author Harutoshi Fukui, the newest Gundam work dynamically unfolds against the backdrop of the Universal Century. It all begins with this first shocking episode.
- Movie, 3 (2017)Laughing Under the Clouds: GaidenWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~58min
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha StrikerSSeven Arcs Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~26minSet 10 years after the events in Lyrical Nanoha A's, now three Rank S mages, Nanoha, Fate and Hayate are working for the Time-Space Administration Bureau. Following Hayate's dream to make her own division that helps into all kind of disasters, including the Lost Logia cases, Fate and Nanoha including their own trainees, create Riot Force 6. Unfortunately not all can go as planned, because uncontrolled Lost Logia will get in the way of Riot Force 6 and is up to Nanoha, Fate and Hayate to deal with them while training their new trainees and helping with other tasks that arise along the way.
- TV-Series, 24 (2001)XMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~24minBased on the series from the international manga powerhouse CLAMP. Kamui stands alone at the crossroads between salvation and Armageddon. Destiny demands that this tormented young man decide the fate of a world he no longer belongs in. Torn between rival orders of superhuman warriors, the time has come for Kamui to choose his side. Either he fights with the Dragons of Heaven – fights to save civilization and the two friends he swore to always protect, or he must draw swords alongside the Dragons of Earth and deliver a death blow to the human race. Whatever his choice, there will be consequences. Friends will change. Friends will die. Life will never be the same. There’s a last time for everything. That time is now.
- Movie, 1 (2017)Blame!Polygon PicturesAction DramaManga~106minIn the post-apocalyptic future, the complex networks of machines have created chaos and the human world was destroyed. The robots known as the "Constructer" continued to build a meaningless structure with no one to guide them. Soon these cities reach out to the outer planets and another breed of life form emerges. Follow the journey of a strange man, name Killy, in his search for the understanding of the chaotic world being run by Silicon lifeforms out to destroy him and every living thing in their path. (from manga)
- Bonus, 4 (2009)Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood - OVA CollectionBONES Inc.Action DramaManga~15minJoin Ed and Al as they chase rumors of successful human transmutation into a web of shocking family drama and lies. Sneak a glance at hidden sides of Winry and Hawkeye's personalities. Survive the frigid north with a young Izumi Curtis as she fights to gain a deeper understanding of alchemy. Explore the legendary friendship shared by Mustang and Hughes and watch them grow from military school rivals into hardened brothers transformed by the horrors of the Ishvalan War.
- OVA, 6 (2015)Mobile Suit Gundam: The OriginSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaManga~63minUniversal Century 0068, Side 3 – The Autonomous Republic of Munzo. Zeon Zum Deikun attempts to declare complete independence of Munzo from the Earth Federation Government. Deikun however suddenly falls to his death in the middle of his speech at parliament. Casval and Artesia, just bereaved of their father, must face destinies which will be just as tumultuous as the very era itself.