- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)Corpse Princess (Aka)Gainax Co., Ltd., feel.Action DramaManga~24minMakina Hoshino is already dead, but she can’t let go of this twisted world. She burned to death along with her entire family in a fire started by freaks that wouldn’t stay buried. Makina knows she doesn’t belong among the living, but that won’t stop her from unleashing the full fury of her twin MAC-11 machine guns on the rotting remains of those who refuse to die. She’s hell-bent on filling every empty grave she can find with the monsters that should be six feet under. Makina is a Shikabane Hime – a Corpse Princess – and it’s her job to finish off the undead leftovers haunting the dark corners of a city that used to be safe.
- TV-Series, 22 (2003)TexhnolyzeMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~23minIchise's grief only allows him to enjoy the pain of the fighting pits in the underground city of Lukuss. However, when a gang punishes Ichise by cutting his arm and leg off, his will to live overcomes the odds and attracts the attention of the ruling Orugano syndicate that controls the cybernetic Texhnolyze technology which is usually reserved for the elite. Meanwhile, an outsider has come down to the city and, along with a young psychic girl, the dominos are beginning to fall in the seething unrest of the city as their paths slowly intertwine with Ichise's.
- TV-Series, 24 (2004)Kurau: Phantom MemoryBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~23minHer name is Kurau, and in a world of mercenary agents, she’s the cream of the elite; a master martial artist and thief so skilled that no secret or objective is beyond her grasp. The greatest secret of all, however, is the one Kurau conceals inside herself: The freak result of a disastrous experiment with a new kind of energy, Kurau’s body has been fused with a binary alien life form called the Rynax. Every second Kurau lives is lived twice, one alien sharing her consciousness, the other still waiting to be born… and now none of those lives may last very long! The truth about Kurau has begun to leak out, a worldwide manhunt has been launched and now the ultimate agent is the ultimate target.
- TV-Series, 26 (2002)RahXephonBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~23minSet in the year 2015, just after Earth's civilizations have been all but wiped out, RAHXEPHON finds a high school student named Ayato Kamina struggling to escape the rubble after an attack on his city left him trapped. Finally freeing himself from the debris, Ayato meets a girl named Reika Mishima who takes him to a secret sanctuary that houses the war's civilian survivors. There, a humanoid mechanical weapon emerges from a black egg when he arrives bearing the same marking as one Ayato has on his body. It becomes apparent that Ayato is the only one who can pilot the weapon, and he soon realizes that he might be the only person able to defend the world from more destruction.
- Movie, 1 (2017)Genocidal OrganGeno Studio Inc.Action DramaNovel~115min
- Movie, 1 (2017)Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha ReflectionSeven Arcs Pictures Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~107min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Mekakucity ActorsSHAFT Inc.Action DramaOther~24minHikikomori and NEET Shintaro Kisaragi, who shut himself inside his room for 2 years, had been living a quiet life until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared on his computer screen, when someone anonymously sent him a mysterious e-mail one year ago. When they got into a fight one day, Ene messes with Shintaro's PC, which thus breaks down and causes him to have to get a new one. This event led to him going outside for the first time in two years.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Fairy Gone (Part 2)P.A. Works Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minFairy Gone (2019), the second part of the original anime, continues the story of Marlya, Free and their colleagues in the government-backed Fairy organization Dorothea. After Marlya had to give up searching for her friend Veronica, who is hunting the Black Fairy Tomes for some reason, she found herself involved in one incident after another … Not only did she have to attend an official meeting of her unit with Ray Dawn—the man, who burned down her home village and executed all the villagers—without attempting to murder him, but just a short time later was also dragged into a raid while transporting a legendary Fairy Weapon, which cost the lives of several Dorothea members. Among the fallen warriors was a friend of Marlya’s and a long-time member of the unit: Oz Mare. When the leader of the rebels responsible for the attack on the weapons transport, Beevee Liscar, started a campaign against the emperor and was supported by a renegade nobleman, Free and Marlya could combine personal interests with work: For them, defending the palace was not only a service in the Emperor’s name, but also a chance for revenge on the man who killed their friends. While Beevee Liscar ultimately escaped, they succeeded in fending off the attack and protecting the Emperor. But many questions remain unanswered … Who was the real mastermind behind this uprising? What about the mysterious Black Fairy Tome? And also Marlya’s own condition as someone who is possessed by a Fairy and can use it in battle without having been subjected to a regular organ transplant is still uncertain. What does the future hold for the “cursed child” Marlya and her companions?
- TV-Special, 1 (2016)Fate/Grand Order: First OrderLay-duce Inc.Action DramaVideo Game~74min
- Movie, 1 (2019)Blackfox3Hz Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~90minThe original anime Black Fox takes us into the world of the cheerful and bright Rikka Isurugi. As a little girl, she likes to play hide and seek with her beloved grandfather, who—as the 26th head of the Isurugi ninja clan—is determined to teach her everything she needs to become a powerful ninja herself. However, she doesn’t like the fact that her grandpa seems to think he can decide her path for the future, because she would much rather be like her father: a brilliant scientist and engineer. He works for the giant company Gradsheim and his brilliant inventions make him a highly esteemed genius. His latest stroke of genius are so-called animal drones: small animal robots equipped with real artificial intelligence, that are supposed to function as best friends and companions for humans. Little Rikka is so fascinated by her father’s work that she not only wants to follow the same path as him, but even attend the same university as him. Years later, she finally made it: she passed the entrance test for her dream university, the University of North Cundy, and is on her way home just in time for her birthday to bring the happy news to her family. But instead of a warm reception and a birthday cake, she is presented with a gruesome picture: The living room is devastated and covered with blood and her father and grandfather are nowhere to be found … Her home has been attacked by Gradsheim’s operatives, who are targeting the blueprints for the animal drones. Rikka’s father, who had left the company years ago, refused to turn his invention into a weapon and thus became an “enemy” to Gradsheim. When Rikka’s father and grandfather are shot in front of her eyes, her world falls apart. It is only thanks to her three animal drones that she manages to escape, but now the flames of hatred burn in the once peace-loving girl and she vows to avenge her family … “Rikka, it’s just like playing hide and seek; always remember what I taught you!”, those were her grandfather’s last words. “That’s right,” she says, “just like hide and seek, but I’m not the one hiding. I will find them and hunt them down …!”
- OVA, 1 (2009)Code Geass: Hangyaku no Lelouch R2 - Special Edition Zero RequiemAction DramaOriginal Work~117min
- Web, 12 (2018)A.I.C.O. IncarnationBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25min
- TV-Series, 24 (2005)Solty ReiAnime International Co., Inc., Gonzo K.K.Action DramaOriginal Work~23minIt’s been twelve years since the Blast Fall, an unexplained disaster that left countless dead and many more maimed. Society is divided and every citizen feels the burn, most of all the Resembles – people whose mangled bodies have been rebuilt with high-tech prosthetic devices. Bounty hunter Roy Revant has seen it all, walking alone in this shattered city. That is, until the day a strange little girl named Solty falls from the sky straight into his heart. The search for family turns into a search for meaning and those that wield harsh power over society won’t go unnamed for long. Roy and Solty may seek different things… But who wants to search for truth alone?
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)Fafner ExodusXEBECAction DramaOriginal Work~24min2150 A.D. The battle with the Festum, the silicon life-forms from distant outer space, had reached a new dimension. The North Polar Meir that was crushed during the First Azure Operation had dispersed its fragments all over the world. They all started activity on their own as independent Meirs. Most of the Meirs harbored hatred towards humanity and challenged a fight, however, a portion of the Festum chose coexistence with mankind. Amongst the crossfire, the Ryugujima island alone disappeared from the forefront of battle and continued its silence. The island had gained a means to converse with the Meir since their encounter with Misao Kurusu two years ago. The children of ALVISS had been searching for a way to understand the enemy as they prepared for battle. And now, once again, further evolution was about to befall the island. A girl that understands the language of the Festum, and a girl protected by a Festum. When the two meet, the doors to a new universe opens.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Izetta, The Last WitchAJIADO CO.,LTD.Action DramaOriginal Work~25min
- TV-Series, 49 (1995)Mobile Suit Gundam WingSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThousands of People live on giant orbiting space colonies called "Sides." However, the Earth Government, which rules the colonies, is unjust and cruel. A group of revolutionaries builds five robotic Gundams and plans to send them to Earth to begin their fight for independence. Piloted by five young men, their hopes and dreams of freedom of the colonists with them as they descend to Earth to begin Operation Meteor!
- TV-Series, 25 (2009)07-GhostStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minSet in a gothic fantasy world, this is the story of Teito Klein, an orphaned slave who became the top military academy student. However, an unexpected turn of events left him pursued by the forces of the Barsburg Empire. Now an escaping convict, Teito's sheltered by the church and its law of sanctuary. Here, he discovered many mysteries surrounding himself, the church, and the Empire itself. The fact that he might be connected to a dethroned king and the mystical stone of god, "The Eye of Mikhael", made him the target of the empire more than ever. Fortunately the church is under the mythical 7 Ghost protection. But who are the Ghosts really. Will Teito be free from the military's clutch, and what of his said mission to uncover the history. And who is the military's Chief-of-Staff Ayanami exactly. Teito's future seems to have spiraled into an unexpectedly perilous path.
- TV-Series, 24 (2015)Heavy ObjectJ.C.STAFFAction DramaLight Novel~24min"Objects" are powerful, massive weapons that change the course of warfare and are manned by Elite Object pilots. An odd Elite girl named Milinda meets Quenser, a student who aims to become a Object mechanic, with the soldier-in-training Heivia on a snowy battlefield.
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)Pumpkin ScissorsAnime International Co., Inc., Gonzo K.K.Action DramaManga~24minYet for those who remain in power, the spoils can be sweet indeed. In the aftermath of he great war, Lt. Alice Malvin is charged to take command of the imperial army’s intelligence section three, an elite team where even the newest member hunts down tanks with a handgun. Their code name pumpkin scissors her mission: To sharpen IS3 into a deadly instrument of justice and to expose the corrupt power-mad nobility who prey on the weak. But as Malvin starts to peel away the layers of a government cover-up involving a defunct super-solider program, she discovers the existence of a military technology decades ahead of what the army has! As terrifying secrets crawl out of the tomb in which they were buried war becomes hell in this collection of PUMPKIN SCISSORS!
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)WitchbladeGonzo K.K.Action DramaComic~24minSought by the greed of Men since the dawn of Humankind, but only bestowed upon the woman whose fate it forever scars – The Witchblade. Is it the Righteous Sword of God, of the Hand of the Devil Himself? Now a new bearer has been chosen and she must discover the answers for herself. As she stands on the brink of destiny, she is forced to seek the balance between ecstasy and ruin… Masane Amaha is a woman on the fringe of society, bouncing rootless from town to town with her daughter, Rihoko. She struggles to build a life for her family, with no memory of the past and no clue as to what the future holds. But upon their arrival back in Tokyo forces conspire to separate parent from child, unleashing the fury of the Witchblade. The young mother will find herself conscripted into the service of the Doji Group and hunted down by the emissaries of the NSWF, all while seeking to balance the weight of this forced duality.
- TV-Special, 1 (2019)Sword Art Online: Alicization - RecollectionA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 26 (2012)Aquarion Evol8bit, Satelight Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter accidentally forming the legendary mecha “Aquarion,” Amata finds himself at a pilot-training academy where the flirty girls love to get a rise out of him, and the boys seem more interested in exploring mysterious holes and big bangs than harnessing their Elemental superpowers. It’s all awkward dates, hijinks, and threesomes until otherworldly beings start abducting powerful female students. As a mysterious megalomaniac plots interplanetary disaster, the fate of the galaxy depends on whether or not the hormone-fueled academy coeds can come together to fight evil. Set 12,000 years after the events of Aquarion.
- Bonus, 1 (2019)Boku no Hero Academia: All Might - Rising The AnimationBONES Inc.Action DramaManga~3min
- TV-Special, 1 (2005)Fafner in the Azure: Right of LeftAction Drama~51minYumi and Kyo are children who have been selected to take part in a top secret mission, to be the pilots of the first Fafner combat units; the last chance of survival for the human race. The enemy is ruthless, remorseless and is able to read the minds of humans. Therefore, the details of this mission are kept a secret even from the personnel involved. The young pilots must use all their courage and faith in order to survive and complete their mission or the fate of mankind would be compromised.
- Movie, 1 (2010)Fafner: Heaven and EarthXEBECAction DramaOriginal Work~93minTerrorized by a hostile alien race's mental warfare, humans hear only this question just before their lives - essentially their minds - are assimilated by the violent invaders. Kazuki and his classmates lay everything on the line to pilot their heavily-guarded island's secret weapons: towering mechs for which only they are genetically qualified to control. With most of Earth destroyed, humanity's survival relies on these youths' selfless determination to protect the only home they know. But when each battle pushes the pilots to the brink of assimilation, who will protect them?
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Terra Formars RevengeLiden Films Inc., Yumeta Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)SimounStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minIn the peaceful theocracy of Simulicram, everyone is born female. At age 17, each maiden undergoes a special ceremony where she chooses her sex. However, only Pairs of maiden priestesses can synchronize with the ancient flying ships known as Simoun needed to defend Simulicram. These Pairs refrain from undergoing the ceremony as long as they wish to keep piloting their Simoun. Aeru is recruited to be a Simoun pilot after a terrifying attack by an enemy nation decimates the squadron known as Chor Tempest. To earn her wings she needs to find her way into the heart of Neviril, Regina of Chor Tempest. But Neviril s heart still belongs to her previous Pair, lost in the battle when she attempted a forbidden Simoun maneuver.
- TV-Series, 12 (2010)Dance in the Vampire BundSHAFT Inc.Action DramaManga~24minBlurb When Mina Tepes – queen of the vampires – suddenly appears in Japan to establish a colony for her blood-sucking brethren, Akira Kaburagi’s world will never be the same. As a boy, Akira vowed to serve the ruler of the night, and now he must fulfill his destiny by protecting Mina from those who would dethrone her!
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)ServampBrain's Base, Platinumvision Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minWhen a stray black cat named Kuro crosses Mahiru Shirota's path, the high school freshman's life will never be the same again. Kuro is, in fact, no ordinary feline, but a servamp: a servant vampire. While Mahiru's personal philosophy is one of non-intervention, he soon becomes embroiled in an ancient, altogether surreal conflict between vampires and humans. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)MadlaxBee Train Productions Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minRacked by 12 years of civil war, the country of Gazth-Sonika is overrun by armed rebels, spies, assassins, and covert organisations that take advantage of the chaos to ply their wares. Shadowy profit-seekers thrive in the unstable environment, including Friday Monday, the masked leader of the criminal Enfant intelligence group; and sexy female assassin Madlax, who sells her mercenary skills with the help of a mystery contact known only as SSS. Meanwhile, rich orphan schoolgirl Margaret Burton lives miles away in the peaceful country of Nafrece, in many ways a normal high school student--except for haunting dreams and memory lapses that hint at a hidden connection between herself and Madlax.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)To the Abandoned Sacred BeastsMAPPA Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minKatsute Kami Datta Kemono-tachi e, the anime adaptation of Maybes manga of the same name, takes us into a world ravaged and devastated by a bitter civil war. The brutal clashes between the north and the south lasted a long time and when the north saw their demise was nigh due to the numerical superiority of the south, they turned to the dark powers … In a forbidden ritual of dark magic they created monster-like super-soldiers, so-called “Incarnates.” But now that the war is over and the world is at peace again, these super-soldiers—just like normal soldiers—must find a way to reintegrate into a peaceful society. The existence of the “Beast Hunter” proves that this is not an easy task for monsters that were created for one purpose only—war. He is supposed to take care of those “Incarnates” who do not succeed in reintegrating into society and one of the victims of the “Beast Hunter” was Nancy Schaal Bancroft’s father. For Nancy, however, the too early end to her father’s life means only one thing: revenge on the “Beast Hunter” who took her father from her! So she sets out to hunt the hunter himself, but she soon has to realize that the life of the “Incarnates” holds far more secrets than she ever suspected …
- Music Video, 1 (2018)Zankoku na Tenshi no TheseProduction I.G., Inc., Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd., Gainax Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~4min
- OVA, 1 (2005)Last Order: Final Fantasy VIIMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaVideo Game~25minAfter the destruction of Nibelheim at the hands of Sephiroth, Zack and Cloud are on the run from Shinra Inc. As they make their way back to Midgar, they recall the horrible events that happened at Nibelheim, as well as fight for survival against Shinra.
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)Eureka Seven AOBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe year is 2025. Earth is engulfed in the crossfire between massive warring alien life forms that leave annihilation in their wake. While searching for clues about his past, Ao is caught in an attack and forced to fly a giant humanoid fighter craft to save himself and his island. Fragments of the teenager’s origin come to light when a hostile shape-shifter seeking revenge on Ao’s missing mother—who vanished two years after his birth—targets him instead. Consumed with learning how his machine of war is connected to his mother and the monster that now pursues him, the young pilot will fly full throttle into combat zones without hesitation.
- Movie, 1 (1988)Mobile Suit Gundam: Char's CounterattackSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaNovel~120minU.C. 0093 - Char Aznable, the infamous "Red Comet" of the One Year War, has come out of hiding to lead the Neo-Zeon Army and wage war against the Earth Federation. Only his greatest rival, Gundam pilot Amuro Ray, can stop him from dropping the Axis asteroid on Earth and causing a major global catastrophe.
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Samurai 7Gonzo K.K.Action DramaOther~25minSamurai 7 is set in a futuristic world that has just seen the end of a massive war, many villages are being terrorized by Nobuseri bandits. The Nobuseri are no normal bandits. They were once men, but during the war they modifed themselves with machines to become living weapons and now apprear as more machine than man. A group of villagers decide to hire samurai to protect their village. These men of valor are as skilled as they are unique.
- TV-Series, 26 (1999)Blue GenderAnime International Co., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minYuji, a high school teenager, discovers that he has an new incurable virus. With life looking very bleak, he's left only one option - hope that the future may hold a cure. With his decision made, he opts to undergo artificial hibernation... When Yuji awakes, the world he knew is gone. The year is 2013 - an era of war, despair and death. While he's been sleeping, the Earth has been taken over by BLUE, a mysterious creature that eats anything for food including human beings. Hunted and on the verge of extinction, Mankind has fled. Now, their only chance for survival is to destroy BLUE! Now, Yuji must fight not only for his own survival, but for that of the entire Human race!
- Movie, 1 (2009)Eureka Seven: Good Night, Sleep Tight, Young LoversBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~114minRenton, son of scientists, and Eureka, a girl who can't live under the sun, are raised together when very young and become very attached to each other. One day, Eureka is taken away. Powerless at the time, Renton vows to rescue her. He enters the military and is soon assigned to the Independent Youths Unit 303 of the First Mobile Forces thanks to his exceptional performance alongside his Nirvash, a bio-mechanical armor/control system. Unknown to Renton, lies a plot to extinguish the alien invasion that is currently happening. It involves not only him, but Eureka too.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side StorySHAFT Inc.Action DramaVideo Game~24minMagia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Gaiden is a side story to the well-known Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica franchise based on the Magia Record smartphone game of the same name. This time the focus is not on Madoka herself, but on the young Iroha. In the flourishing little town of Kamihama, more and more Magical Girls, led by a mysterious power, arrive to do battle with their powers drawn from witches. Iroha, who came to Kamihama one day to look for her missing sister Ui, also joins the other Magical Girls and it doesn’t take long for an old acquaintance to make her appearance: Homura Akemi, who is looking for a way to save Madoka in Kamihama. Only Madoka herself doesn’t know anything about it … Soon Madoka, too, finds her way to the city in search of her missing friend Homura and the fates of the three girls—Iroha, Madoka, and Homura—who all fight for the ones they love, are intertwined in a strange way …
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Shura no Toki: Age of ChaosStudio Comet Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~23minAccording to legend, there was a group of warriors known as the Mutsu clan who were a match for any samurai even though they fought without weapons. To keep a young nobleman safe, a passerby with the name of Yakumo Mutsu becomes his bodyguard. The young master soon realizes he has gained the protection of a legendary and invincible weaponless warrior.