- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 64 (2009)Fullmetal Alchemist: BrotherhoodBONES Inc.AdventureManga~25minEdward and Alphonse Elric’s reckless disregard for alchemy’s fundamental laws ripped half of Ed’s limbs from his body and left Al’s soul clinging to a cold suit of armor. To restore what was lost, the brothers scour a war-torn land for the Philosopher’s Stone, a fabled relic which grants the ability to perform alchemy in impossible ways. The Elrics are not alone in their search; the corrupt State Military is eager to harness the artifact’s power. So too are the strange Homunculi and their shadowy creator. The mythical gem lures exotic alchemists from distant kingdoms, scarring some deeply enough to inspire murder. As the Elrics find their course altered by these enemies and allies, their purpose remains unchanged – and their bond unbreakable.
- Movie, 1 (1997)Princess MononokeStudio GhibliAdventureOriginal Work~133minYoung Ashitaka receives a fatal infection after a demonic wild boar attacks his northern village. Seeking a cure, he sets out to locate the deer-like god Shishigami. Along the way, he sees the rape of the Earth by a mining village. The constant plundering by the village has brought the wrath of the Wolf God, Moro, who attacks the village along with San, a human who was raised by the wolf god. She communicates with the nature spirits.
- TV-Series, 12 (2009)Spice and Wolf: Season 2Marvy Jack, Brain's BaseAdventureLight Novel~24minThe journey through the wild countryside continues for the merchant Lawrence and his traveling companion, Holo the untamed harvest goddess. As their winding path takes them from village to village, Lawrence and Holo reap the bounty of an ever-strengthening bond, depending on his street smarts and her animal instincts to lead them to the feisty deity's northern home.
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Made in AbyssKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)The Rising of the Shield HeroKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime8bitAdventureLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)Spice and WolfIMAGIN Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~24minLawrence, a traveling merchant searching for profit, finds a naked girl with the ears and tail of a wolf asleep in his cart. Her name is Holo – a harvest goddess with an untamed beast lurking inside who longs to return to her beloved northern home. Armed with his street smarts and her animal instincts, a simple peddler and a forgotten deity begin a journey through the wild countryside. Along their path, the riches of happiness shall be reaped, even as the bankruptcy which dwells in the human heart is exposed.
- TV-Series, 51 (2003)Fullmetal AlchemistBONES Inc.AdventureManga~24minUnder stormy skies, Edward and Alphonse Elric exploited the clandestine science of Alchemy in attempt of the forbidden – To resurrect their dearly departed mother. But every art form has its taboos and every science its laws not to be broken. The tragic failure of the young brothers unleashed an unholy reaction that ripped their bodies apart and their innocence asunder. Four years later, an evil lurks behind the false face of freedom, its growth unchecked. A lone State Alchemist combs the countryside in search of a mythological stone. If found, the stone could amplify natural talents and harness a power equal to the restoration of things once held precious, now lost. If found, the stone would also allow the State Military to senselessly obliterate countless more in the ongoing struggle. The youngest State Alchemist in history is soon faced with harsh truth: The power to create is but a breath away from the power to destroy…
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)No Game No LifeMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureLight Novel~24minGenius gamer siblings (plus being NEET & hikikomori) Sora and Shiro are known as the undefeatable “__” (blank). Their talents and skills are so good they are considered as urban legend. One day, a young boy named Teto appears before them, claiming to be the “God” of another dimension where Sora and Shiro are summoned to, in which no violence is allowed and everything is decided by a game. Of the 16 different races residing in this world, “Humanity” is the weakest. After having the vast majority of their lands captured by the other races and being driven to the brink of extinction, Sora and Shiro challenge these one-of-a-kind battles of the intellectual powers in order to save Humanity.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)The Seven Deadly Sins: Revival of The CommandmentsA-1 Pictures Inc.AdventureManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Boy and The BeastChizu, Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~118minThere is the the human realm and the bakemono realm ("Jūtengai"). In these two worlds which must not intersect, there lives a lonely boy in Tokyo's Shibuya ward and a lonely bakemono. One day, the boy gets lost in the bakemono world, becomes the disciple of the bakemono Kumatetsu, and is renamed Kyūta.
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Magi: The Kingdom of MagicA-1 Pictures Inc.AdventureManga~25minAladdin, Alibaba, and Morgiana's adventures continue in the magical Kingdom of Magnostadt, a country ruled by magicians, and the Reim Empire, which is protected by the Magi Scheherazade.
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)A Place Further Than the UniverseMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2019)Vinland SagaWIT STUDIO, Inc.AdventureManga~25minVinland Saga, the anime adaptation of Makoto Yukimura's bestselling manga of the same name, takes us into the world of Thorfinn. Thorfinn is a young and extremely talented Viking warrior who has been able to assert himself in Askeladd's army several times. But Thorfinn's heart does not beat for looting and raiding, and instead burns with the fire of vengeance. It was none other than Askeladd himself who robbed Thorfinn of his father and now exploits the boy as part of his Viking gang. In order to finally take revenge for the murder of his father, he wants to defeat Askeladd in an honourable duel, but the young Viking must first earn the right to a duel with Askeladd ... In order to do so, he must perform various deeds for Askeladd—such as sabotage or the killing of enemy generals. Will Thorfinn be able to take revenge on Askeladd and what will become of him then? Will he stay with his old squad or set off into new, undreamt-of vastness to find the legendary land of which his idol Leif Ericson always spoke—a land to the west without war or slavery: Vinland!
- Bonus, 1 (2008)Spice & Wolf: A Wolf and a Tail of HappinessIMAGIN Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~24minKraft Lawrence, a 25 year old peddler travelling from town to town selling and buying various things to make a living during a period much like Europe in the Middle Ages. One night when stopped at the town of Pasroe, he finds in his wagon a 250 year old pagan wolf deity girl named Holo. She appears to be that of a 15 year old girl, except for a wolf tail and ears. She introduces herself as the town's goddess of harvest who has kept it blessed with good harvests of wheat for many years. Despite having the responsibility to watch over the town, she wants to go back to her homeland in the north called Yoitsu, she believes the people have already forsaken her anyway and that she has kept her promise to maintain the good harvests. She manages to bargain her way out of the village by making a deal with Lawrence to take her with him. As they travel, her wisdom helps increase his profits, but at the same time, her true nature draws unwanted attention from the church.
- TV-Series, 24 (2019)Dr. StoneTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~24minIn Dr. Stone, the anime adaptation to Riichirou Inagaki’s manga of the same name, we meet the boy Taiju Ooki. Taiju has been in love with his classmate Yuzuriha Ogawa for years and today is the day when he finally confesses his love to her! So after he got a last pep talk from his best friend, the leader of the science club, Senkuu Ishigami, it’s on. He and Yuzuriha are alone at the old camphor tree on the school grounds and while the other members of the science club are betting various amounts on Taiju being rejected, he notices a dazzling bright light on the horizon … He throws himself protectively before his beloved, but alas in vain. He, Yuzuriha, Senkuu, and the rest of the world are being petrified by this bright light … October 5th, 5738: Taiju, whose consciousness has spent over 3000 years thinking about Yuzuriha and his feelings for her, manages to escape his stone prison. Now he finds himself in a world of statues; myriad of them overgrown and destroyed. Nature took back what people took from it … But giving up is out of the question for Taiju! His beloved Yuzuriha is still safe with the old camphor tree and when he sees his best friend Senkuu again, who has been alive for months, the two decide to bring human civilization back to life—with the power of science!
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Log HorizonSatelight Inc.AdventureLight Novel~25minElder Tales is an online fantasy RPG that has become popular worldwide. But when its twelfth expansion package, "Cultivate the Noosphere," is installed, thirty thousand players in Japan are trapped inside. Among them is grad student Shiroe, who isn't very good at interacting with others. But to survive in a world full of monsters, he forms a guild called "Log Horizon" with an eclectic group of other players.
- Movie, 1 (1984)Nausicaä of the Valley of the WindStudio GhibliAdventureManga~116minA thousand years after a global war, a seaside kingdom known as the Valley Of The Wind remains one of only a few areas still populated. Led by the courageous Princess Nausicaä, the people of the Valley are engaged in a constant struggle with powerful insects called ohmu, who guard a poisonous jungle that is spreading across the Earth. Nausicaä and her brave companions, together with the people of the Valley, strive to restore the bond between humanity and the Earth.
- Movie, 1 (2009)One Piece Film: Strong WorldToei Animation Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~115minWhen the Straw Hats catch wind of trouble in the peaceful waters of the East Blue, they quickly set a course for home! But before they reach their destination, fate leads them into the deadly path of Golden Lion Shiki. This gravity-defying madman needs a navigator, and he wants Nami! Shiki scatters the Straw Hats across the far corners of a floating island filled with ferocious, genetically-mutated monsters, and issues Nami and ultimatum: join his crew – or her friends die! BIG mistake. Luffy kicks his attack mode into Third Gear and begins a brutal rampage across the beast-ridden island.
- Movie, 1 (2019)KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! The Movie - Legend of CrimsonJ.C.STAFFAdventureLight Novel~90min
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Samurai Champloomanglobe Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~23minMugen’s a buck-wild warrior -- violent, thoughtless and womanizing. Jin is a vagrant ronin -- mysterious, traditional, well-mannered and very strong as well. These two fiercely independent warriors can’t be any more different from one another, yet their paths cross when Fuu, a ditzy waitress, saves them from being executed when they are arrested after a violent swordfight. Fuu convinces the two vagrant young men to help her find a mysterious samurai "who smells of sunflowers." And their journey begins
- Movie, 1 (2004)Howl's Moving CastleStudio GhibliAdventureNovel~119minIn Hayao Miyazaki's latest animated masterpiece, journey beyond imagination and enter a "breathtaking fantasy world" (Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times) filled with adventure, humor and heart. Sophie, a quiet girl working in a hat shop, finds her life thrown into turmoil when she is literally swept off her feet by a handsome but mysterious wizard named Howl. The vain and vengeful Witch of the Waste, jealous of their friendship, puts a spell on Sophie. In a life-changing adventure, Sophie climbs aboard Howl's magnificent flying castle and enters a magical world on a quest to break the spell.
- OVA, 26 (2012)Star Blazers 2199XEBECAdventureOther~25minThe year is 2199. The human race has been crushed in their war with the Gamilos, driven into underground cities by the invader's assault. Scientists estimate they have only a year left. The young officers Susumu Kodai and Daisuke Shima receive a mysterious capsule from a ship that made an emergency landing on Mars and return with it to Earth. It contains humanity's last hope: the planet Iscandar on the other side of the Magellan Galaxy has the technology to defeat the Gamilos and restore the planet. The space battleship Yamato is entrusted with this task, but they have only one year before humanity ends.
- TV-Series, 12 (2010)KatanagatariWhite FoxAdventureLight Novel~50minLegend has it the unrivaled blacksmith Shikizaki Kiki's masterpieces, the 12 Klesha Bringers, led the Sengoku Period of Japan. The "Land of the Rising Sun" was unified as one nation under one man. However, this man, the Old Shogun, feared a rebellion and enacted a notorious policy known as Katana Hunting, collecting 988 of the 1,000 katanas Shikizaki forged. Despite the policy, 12 of his true mastercrafts were left uncollected. The other 988 were merely experiments created for the sake of perfecting these 12, known as Klesha Bringers. Shichika Yasuri, the seventh generation master of the sword art Kyoto Ryu, and his older sister Nanami live on the isolated Fusho Island. One day, Togame, a Shogunate official dispatched to collect the Klesha Bringers, pays a visit to the island...
- TV-Series, 24 (2019)DororoTezuka Productions Co., Ltd., MAPPA Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2013)Patema InvertedStudio Rikka Ltd., Asmik Ace Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal Work~99minA world, forever beyond your expectations. In a dark, cramped, underground world of endless tunnels and shafts, people wear protective suits and live out their modest hard and yet happy lives. The princess of the underground community, Patema, goes out exploring as always, inspired by her curiosity of the unknown depths of the world. Her favorite spot is the "danger zone", an area forbidden by the "rule" of the community. Despite being frequently chastised by her caretaker Jii, she cannot hold back her curiosity for the reason behind the rule, because no one would tell her what the "danger" was. When she approaches the hidden "secret", the story begins.
- OVA, 1 (2009)Spice & Wolf: Wolf and Amber MelancholyMarvy Jack, Brain's BaseAdventureLight Novel~23minContinuing where the first series left off, it follows Kraft Lawrence a experienced traveling merchant and his sharp tongued wolf god companion Holo on their journey to return to Holo's home to the north called Yoitsu. A tender relationship has blossomed between the characters, as they make deals, travel between cities, encounter religious fanatics or vice versa and mostly just do what a traveling merchant has to do to get by.
- TV-Series, 10 (2017)KonoSuba: God’s blessing on this wonderful world! 2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)Moribito: Guardian of the SpiritProduction I.G., Inc.AdventureNovel~25minShe carries the pain of eight souls. He carries the burden of one sacred spirit. At a time when the balance of nature still held the civilizations of mankind in thrall, a single drought could spell the end of a society and doom its inhabitants to piteous deaths. Prince Chagum has been imbued with the power to stave off the drought and bring new life to his empire. However, this is a suspicious time, and he is accused of possession by an evil spirit. Court advisors only see one solution. Chagum must be put to death by his own father's hand. His salvation is in the form of Balsa, a spear woman and mercenary from Kanbal, the kingdom across the mountains. Her skills are legendary, and although reluctant, she is held by a mysterious vow to save eight souls before she dies. Can she fend off an entire empire and make Chagum her eighth soul?
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Magi: The Labyrinth of MagicA-1 Pictures Inc.AdventureManga~24minMagi tells the story of young Aladdin's adventures. Aladdin possesses a magical flute which he can use to summon the headless djinn Ugo. Aladdin once wished for Ugo to become his friend and he's been with him on his travels ever since. He knows next to nothing about himself, so his goal is to learn more about his own identity. On his quest to find himself he's supported by Ugo and other friends, that he makes during his adventures.
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Yona of the DawnPierrot Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~22minKing Il of Kouka, a land said in legends to have been founded by four dragons, has only one remaining heir, a daughter named Yona. She lives a happy life in the palace with her cousin Soo-won, who she loves in spite of her father's opposition to them marrying. Her life is turned upside down when Soo-won murders her father and steals the throne. Yona, with her childhood friend and bodyguard Hak, must retreat to gather allies and reclaim her place as ruler of the kingdom.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Summer WarsMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~114minAn adolescent math wiz unintentionally plunges the virtual world into chaos by solving a numerological riddle that makes the global network vulnerable to attack in this animated sci-fi adventure comedy. When Natsuki asks Kenji to pose as her boyfriend at her grandmother's upcoming birthday party, the smitten young numbers man jumps at the opportunity. But his summer of romance takes an unexpected turn when Kenji receives a complex math riddle on his phone, and solves it without a second thought. In the process, however, Kenji breaches the security of Oz, an extensive virtual realm containing everything from online shopping records to sensitive government documents and even the codes to launch nuclear weapons. Later, when a malicious AI program dubbed Love Machine begins gathering all of this data and threatens to bring the entire information infrastructure to its knees, Kenji, Natsuki, and her family must figure out a way to clear up the mess before it plunges the planet into chaos.
- TV-Series, 25 (2014)Log Horizon Season 2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~25minThe journey of everyone involved in Elder Tale continues as Shiroe tries to resolve a foreseeable future problem by going through a full raid together with Naotsugu, new friend Tetra and Susukino's ruling guild, Silver Sword while Akatsuki stays behind with the others to guard Akihabara and the princess. As they try to fulfill their respective missions, they discover overwhelming challenges that push them to overcome their limits as adventurers in the constantly evolving world.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Sword Art Online: AlicizationA-1 Pictures Inc.AdventureLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Golden Kamuy 2Geno Studio Inc.AdventureManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Magi: Adventure of SinbadLay-duce Inc.AdventureManga~25min
- Movie, 1 (1986)Laputa: Castle in the SkyStudio GhibliAdventureOriginal Work~124minThis high-flying adventure begins when Pazu, an engineer’s apprentice, finds a young girl, Sheeta, floating down from the sky, wearing a glowing pendant. Together, they discover both are searching for a legendary floating castle, Laputa, and vow to unravel the mystery of the luminous crystal around Sheeta’s neck. Their quest won’t be easy, however. There are greedy air pirates, secret government agents, and astounding obstacles to keep them from the truth—and from each other.
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)Blast of TempestBONES Inc.AdventureManga~24minYoshino Takigawa and Mahiro Fuwa are two teenagers who start a quest to help a stranded magician at the same time strange phenomenons are occurring throughout Japan. Despite being a young girl, Hakaze Kusaribe is an extremely powerful sorcerer who has been isolated from the rest of the world by the rest of her clan due to her conncetion to a godlike entity called the Tree of Genesis. Her brother plots to awaken the Tree of Exodus during her exile to try to reshape the world without her interference. In exchange for the help of Yoshino and Mahiro, Hakaze will help find the culprit behind the murder of Fuwa's sister.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Girls’ Last TourWhite FoxAdventureManga~24min
- OVA, 2 (2009)Tsubasa: Spring Thunder ChronicleProduction I.G., Inc.AdventureManga~28minThe group tries to find a way out of a world trying to keep them there. They managed to get away, but not without a few sacrifices. They end up in Kurogane's home world. Sakura-hime is trapped in the dream world. When Real Syaoran goes to save her Clone Syaoran appears.