- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Special, 1 (2015)The File of Young Kindaichi Returns Special: The File of Inspector AkechiToei Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~48min
- TV-Special, 1 (2016)Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak High School - Hope Arc - The School of Hope and the Students of DespairLercheCrimeVideo Game~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Heaven's Memo PadJ.C.STAFFCrimeLight Novel~24minNarumi Fujishima isn't your typical high school student; he's never really fit in and has been becoming increasingly more isolated from his fellow classmates. But he's not alone, and when Ayaka, the sole member of the Gardening Club, introduces him to the reclusive girl who lives above the ramen shop, Narumi enters a whole new secret world. Alice is a NEET, someone who is Not Employed, being Educated or in Training, but as Narumi quickly discovers, that doesn't mean that she does nothing all day. In between tending to her small army of stuffed bears, Alice is an expert hacker and very exclusive, private detective. To his surprise, Narumi finds himself drafted as one of the strange, but elite team of associates that Alice has assembled from her NEET acquaintances. Together they'll battle gangs, thieves, murderers and drug lords. And in the middle of it all, Narumi will find his life changing forever in Heaven's Memo Pad!
- TV-Series, 22 (2007)Shion no OuStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~23minAs a child, Shion Ishiwatari's parents were murdered in their own home. Shion escaped unharmed, yet the trauma caused her to lose her voice. The only evidence police found was a shougi board and one piece "the King". Neighbours and close friends of the family, Shinji and Sachiko Yasuoka, adopted Shion and taught Shion how to play shougi. As the years passed, she became known as a genius and quite a famous player. Now, as her fame rises, her past resurfaces and she discovers that being a professional shogi player may just lead to finding her parents' killer.
- TV-Special, 12 (2010)Magic KaitoTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~24minKaito Kuroba is a normal teenage student whom loves being a magician and showing off to his classmates. His father dies in an accident 8 years prior and later finds out it was because of his fathers double life. Kaito finds out his father was a famous international criminal known as Kaitou Kid the Phantom Thief and that he was murdered by a mysterious organization for refusing to aid them in retrieving the "Pandora Gem”. He vows to prevent the organization from gaining the gem and assumes his father's secret identity as kaitou kid.
- OVA, 2 (2011)Black Jack FinalTezuka Productions Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~50minContains two separate stories. In Part 1, Black Jack's latest patient holds a link to Pinoko's past. In Part 2, Black Jack is kidnapped by the government of a war-torn country.
- OVA, 8 (2016)Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savan to Zaregoto TsukaiSHAFT Inc.CrimeLight Novel~27min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Beautiful Bones: Sakurako’s InvestigationTROYCA Inc.CrimeLight Novel~24minShōtarō Tatewaki is a normal high school student with a serious demeanor hangs around with Sakurako Kujō. Sakurako is an extraordinarily beautiful woman in her mid-20s from a rich family who loves "beautiful bones." The two live in the city of Asahikawa in Hokkaido, and they get involved in various incidents regarding bones.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Danganronpa 3: The End of Hope’s Peak High School - Future ArcLercheCrimeVideo Game~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Re:␣HamatoraLercheCrimeManga~25minThree months have passed since the riot in Yokohama, and life has returned to normal... Or as normal as things could be. When faced with a shocking betrayal, the Hamatora detectives and their friends at Cafe Nowhere must try to hold things together as they come falling down, piece by piece.
- TV-Series, 11 (2015)The Perfect InsiderA-1 Pictures Inc.CrimeNovel~23minSōhei Saikawa is a member of the Saikawa Research Lab. He goes on a vacation held by the lab, and Moe Nishinosono, the daughter of his mentor, joins the group on their vacation despite not being a part of the lab. There, the two end up finding a corpse. The two work together to solve the mysteries of what becomes a serial murder case.
- TV-Special, 1 (2009)Lupin The Third vs. Detective Conan: The SpecialTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~105minIn a country called Vesparand, a new mineral with super stealth properties has been discovered which attracts Lupin's attention. At the same time the untimely deaths of Queen Sakura and her son, Prince Gill leave Princess Mira next in succession to the throne. During a trip to Japan, Princess Mira finds her double in Ran and takes the opportunity to trade places, which ends with Ran being spirited away to Vesparand with Conan, Zenigata, Kogo Mouri, Lupin and Fujiko in tow. There they meet a waiting Jigen and solve the mystery of the deaths of the Queen and Prince.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)HamatoraNAZCrimeManga~24min"Minimum" - a special inborn power found in a limited number of human beings, known as "minimum holders." In Yokohama, the detective team Hamatora, formed by two minimum holders named Nice and Murasaki, comes across information connected to a serial killer being pursued by their old friend Art. It turns out all the victims are minimum holders like them. Unwillingly at first, the two detectives become involved in the investigation.
- Movie, 1 (2007)Meitantei Conan: Konpeki no Jolly RogerTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~106minThe Isle of Koumi, a beautiful island in the Pacific Ocean. On the island, people pass an old legend down from generation to generation that there was the Seabed Palace, an ancient ruin at the bottom of the sea, where the treasure of 2 female pirates, Anne Bonnie & Mary Reed (who really existed 300 years ago), was left. When Conan and his friends visit Koumi Island while on vacation, they meet some treasure hunters. There was something suspicious about them.
- TV-Series, 23 (2018)Ace Attorney Season 2A-1 Pictures Inc.CrimeVideo Game~24min
- TV-Series, 22 (2015)The File of Young Kindaichi Returns Season 2Toei Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~24minHajime Kindaichi, Miyuki, and Kenmochi arrive Hong Kong to visit a grand opening of a new hotel and its magic show. What they don't know yet is that Yōichi Takatō, Kindaichi's long time nemesis, is pulling strings behind the curtain, and the trio once again get involved in a murder case that can be traced to a secret hidden for 18 years.
- TV-Series, 13 (2010)Psychic Detective YakumoBee Train Productions Inc.CrimeLight Novel~25minHaruka Ozawa’s sophomore year is getting seriously scary. One of her friends is possessed, another has committed suicide and Haruka could be the next one to flunk the still-breathing test. Her only way out of this potentially lethal dead end? Yakumo Saitou, an enigmatic student born with a mysterious red eye that allows him to see and communicate with the dead. But the deceased don’t always desist and some killers are more than ready to kill again to keep dead men from telling any more tales. That doesn’t stop Haruka’s knack for digging up buried secrets, and there’s even more evidence of bodies being exhumed by both Yakumo’s police contact and an investigative journalist with a newly made corpse in her closet! Can this pair of anything but normal paranormal detectives solve the ultimate dead case files or will they end up in cold storage themselves?
- OVA, 10 (1993)Black JackTezuka Productions Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~50minIn a world where death can strike at any time, a renegade surgeon known as Black Jack operates outside the law, performing medical miracles of an almost paranormal nature. A madman, a genius and a mercenary, Black Jack has the power to cheat death itself…for a terrible price!
- TV-Series, 25 (2007)NeuroMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~23minYako's father was murdered in a locked room. She then meets a man named Neuro Nougami who is a demon from Hell who eats "riddles." He forces Yako to act as a detective so he can solve mysteries. Neuro longs to eat the ultimate mystery.
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)Danganronpa: The AnimationLercheCrimeVideo Game~24minBeing just a normal student without a special talent, Makoto Naegi wins a lottery to attend the prestigious Hope's Peak Academy where only the top prodigies attend. However, instead of this being the beginning of a wonderful high school life, it's a ticket to despair, because the only way to graduate from Hope's Peak Academy is to kill one of your fellow students or be one of their victims.
- OVA, 1 (2012)Hyouka: What Should Be HatKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeLight Novel~26min
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)OniheiStudio M2CrimeLight Novel~24min
- OVA, 1 (2010)Meitantei Conan: Kid in Trap IslandTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~24minConan and a group of young detectives attempt to capture the thief Kaitou Kid, who is planning to steal a gem that is located on an isolated island.
- TV-Series, 24 (1998)Master KeatonMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~25minThe amazing Taichi Keaton works on cases around the globe that always lead to adventure! He combines his arsenal of multidisciplinary expertise in investigation, archeology, and survival with his experience as a professor, a Falklands Conflict veteran and a SAS agent to unravel the often dangerous challenges in each riveting episode. In this volume, he rescues the beautiful Sofia from a gang of thugs in Greece, then works with bounty hunters to locate a terrorist in Germany. Later, after he escorts the heir to an Italian fortune to France, he meets an “immortal” being chased by the Russian mafia in Poland, and finally returns to Paris for an emotional reunion!
- Movie, 1 (1996)Kindaichi Shounen no JikenboCrimeManga~95minInvited for a anniversary celebration, Kindaichi, Miyuki and inspector Kenmochi re-visit the Opera House. There they discover that a play of "The Phantom of the Opera" is being rehearsed again. However, it doesn't take long when members of the acting troupe are killed by the "Phantom". Kindaichi will once again have to solve a murder series in the Opera House.
- OVA, 2 (1991)Sukeban DekaSido Limited, Big BangCrimeManga~50minThe last time Saki left school it was to change her school uniform for prison greys, but when the Feds needed someone to infiltrate a ruthless criminal organization operating within an exclusive high school, they knew they needed the baddest bad girl of them all! Now Saki's back on the streets for the ultimate final exam, armed with a top-secret weapon that only LOOKS like a yo-yo, and a license to use whatever force necessary to achieve her goal. Saki's lovely, lethal and ready to lay it all on the line-because if she fails this test, the next outfit she'll be wearing is a body bag!
- Movie, 1 (2011)Un-Go: Chapter of IngaBONES Inc.CrimeNovel~49minWith the help of his strange assistant Inga, "defeated detective" Shinjūrō Yūki solves crimes in a near future Japan still suffering from the ravages of war. Problem is, the credit always ends up going to super detective Rinroku Kaishō.
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)Le Chevalier D’EonProduction I.G., Inc.CrimeManga~25minParis, 1742. A coffin floats in the shimmering Seine. On the lid, a word written in blood—”Psalms.” Inside, the body of a beautiful woman. Lia de Beaumont. Now her brother, D’Eon, seeks the reason for her mysterious murder, and uncovers an evil that casts shadows in both the palaces of kings and the dark alleys of Europe. A power wielded by spell-casting Poets and manipulated by royalty. A force so powerful it brings Lia’s soul back from beyond to seize the only weapon she can possess to avenge her death—her own brother.
- Movie, 1 (1993)Mobile Police Patlabor 2: The MovieProduction I.G., Inc.CrimeManga~114minSet three years after the first film, Patlabor 2 draws police commanders Ki'ichi Gotoh and Shinobu Nagumo into the hunt for Tsuge, a rogue officer of the Japan Self-Defense Force connected with an escalating wave of terrorist attacks. But the investigation into the plot is guarded by secrets both personal and political, as the awakening fear of terror in Tokyo is slowly answered by the dream-like fade of democracy into martial law. Tokyo, rush hour: the dead of winter. A terror strike from the air shatters the Bay Bridge. When news footage shows an unidentified F-16 fighter jet in the vicinity, the investigation takes a darker turn, as the cops of the Second Unit begin to trace the outlines of the shadowy military and political coalition behind the incident. But the conspiracy itself is out of control, and what began as a gesture is becoming a game where the peace, the freedom, and the very lives of the people of Tokyo are at stake!
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)Mouryou no HakoMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeNovel~25minBetween August and October, 1952, a series of unusual crimes takes place in Musashino and Mitaka: the attempted murder of 14-year-old Kanako Yuzuki, Kanako's abduction from the strange research "hospital" where she was recovering, then abductions of other girls, followed by their severed limbs in custom-fitted boxes being placed in surrounding towns. News editor Morihiko Toriguchi and crime fiction writer Tatsumi Sekiguchi investigate with the help of onmyōji Akihiko Chūzenji. Meanwhile, Tōkyō police detective Shutaro Kiba searches for Kanako, despite Kanagawa police having jurisdiction; and the lawyer for the estate of Kanako's grandfather hires private investigator Reijiro Enokizu to find Kanako, as well. Their investigation uncovers bizarre truths and dark family secrets along the way.
- Web, 13 (2018)Double Decker! Doug & KirillSUNRISE Inc.CrimeOriginal Work~24min
- Movie, 1 (2002)Patlabor WXIIIMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~101minVeteran police detective Kusumi and his young partner Hata search for the cause of several deadly labor accidents in and around Tokyo Bay. Each detective applies their own style of investigation and they soon uncover a labyrinth of deceit with connections to the Japanese and American militaries! As they continue their investigation, Kusumi begins to suspect Hata’s new girlfriend, Saeko, a genetic research scientist may be involved. However, neither is prepared for their encounter with the ravenous biological weapon, WXIII: Wasted Thirteen. While the detectives are the only survivors of the encounter, the government covers up the incident, and they must work with the military to lure the monster into a brutal showdown with the Patlabors of Special Vehicle Unit 2!
- OVA, 1 (2004)Meitantei Conan: Conan to Kid to Crystal MotherTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~25minKaito and Aoko are traveling on a train along with Aoko's father, Inspector Nakamori, in attempts to help stop Kaitou KID from stealing a precious gem known as Crystal Mother. Little do Aoko and Inspector Nakamori know that Kaito is Kaitou KID and he will do whatever it takes to retrieve the gem. Unfortunately for Kaito, he is also being followed by Conan and a little boy named Philip who will do anything to stop him.
- OVA, 1 (2011)Meitantei Conan: London kara no Maruhi ShireiTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~27min
- OVA, 2 (2008)SwitchActas Inc.CrimeManga~30minTwo newbies at the Narcotic Control Department in Japan, Haru and Kai, struggle against: drug dealers, gangs, murderers, psychopaths, mysterious organizations, and mad people in general. The gentle and caring one of the group, Kai, who has problems of his own, has the tendancy of turning into a lethal killing machine in certain scenarios. The way he acts changes like that of a "switch". As the two do their job, answers of what is behind Kai's strange behavior and who exactly he is, is revealed.
- TV-Series, 26 (2003)Mythical Detective Loki RagnarokStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~24minAh, how the mighty have fallen! Caged inside a little boy's body and banished to Earth by the almighty Odin, the still-proud and powerful Loki now runs the Enjaku Detective Agency. Joined by his trusted assistant Yamino and a beautiful (but accident prone) high school girl named Mayura, Loki earns a living probing the darkest corners of the paranormal, the occult, and the otherwise peculiar. And yet the one metaphysical mystery that involves him directly remains unsolved: what has he done to be exiled to Earth? How can he return to Asgard? Why do the other Norse Gods want him dead? Join in the adventures as our mystery trio take on hair-raising hauntings, possessed dolls, vengeful birds of prey, and penny-pinching deities, in this, the first installment of Mythical Detective Loki Ragnarok, brought to you by the director of Orphen, King of Bandit Jing and Slayers!
- TV-Series, 11 (2011)Un-GoBONES Inc.CrimeNovel~24minSome call him the 'Last Great Detective'. Others call him the 'Defeated Detective'. What's certain is that he's Shinjurou Yuuki, a young man with a passion for mysteries and a talent for solving them that has made him the target of dark forces now stirring within the sinister underworld of a near future Tokyo. That could prove lethal, given that not even the other 'good guys,' including the police, are exactly on Shinjouro's side. Fortunately Yuuki's not completely on his own, and with the aid of his uniquely talented associate Inga, he's ready to cut a swath through the veils of secrecy that have been laid before him.
- OVA, 22 (2011)Supernatural: The Anime SeriesMADHOUSE Inc.Crime~23minJourney down the backroads of America with brothers Sam and Dean as they search for clues to their father's disappearance, hunt down the supernatural in all its unearthly forms, and enter into the unexpected mystery of their destinies.
- Movie, 1 (1989)Mobile Police Patlabor: The MovieStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~99minAt the dawn of the millennium in Tokyo, advanced robotic vehicles called Labors are heavily relied upon to build fortifications to protect Japan from global rising sea levels. A maverick team from the Metropolitan Police led by Noa Izumi and Azuma Shinohara uncover a devilish scheme to infect Tokyo's 8,000 Labors with the BABEL virus. As a powerful typhoon approaches Tokyo and the apocalyptic vision of a dead man begins, the team must locate and destroy the source of the virus, the giant Babylon Project Tower in the heart of Tokyo Bay, before 8,000 Labors go berserk!
- OVA, 1 (1992)Domain of MurderAnimate FilmCrimeManga~51minOn the trail of a missing husband, private investigator Goro crosses paths with a deranged killer. Is it the same man? The web of clues begins to tighten, drawing Goro into a bizarre psychological mystery!