- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- OVA, 3 (1999)Aoyama Goushou TanpenshuuTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~23min
- Movie, 1 (1989)Mobile Police Patlabor: The MovieStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~99minAt the dawn of the millennium in Tokyo, advanced robotic vehicles called Labors are heavily relied upon to build fortifications to protect Japan from global rising sea levels. A maverick team from the Metropolitan Police led by Noa Izumi and Azuma Shinohara uncover a devilish scheme to infect Tokyo's 8,000 Labors with the BABEL virus. As a powerful typhoon approaches Tokyo and the apocalyptic vision of a dead man begins, the team must locate and destroy the source of the virus, the giant Babylon Project Tower in the heart of Tokyo Bay, before 8,000 Labors go berserk!
- Movie, 1 (2005)Meitantei Conan: Conan vs Kid - Shark & JewelCrime~15min
- OVA, 1 (1992)Mikeneko Holmes no Yuurei JoushuAnime International Co., Inc.CrimeNovel~45min
- TV-Series, 13 (2000)Descendants of DarknessJ.C.STAFFCrimeManga~25minA vampire is on the loose, and it's up to dashing supernatural detective Tsuzuki to stop her. Along with his new partner, a volatile young man with a mysterious past, he's on the most dangerous mission of his afterlife!
- TV-Series, 26 (2002)Witch Hunter RobinSUNRISE Inc.CrimeOriginal Work~24minIn a world where witches abuse their supernatural powers, a special team is tasked with hunting this new threat to society. This organization is known as the STN and is comprised of several highly skilled craft users and experts in covert operations. But their most powerful craft user is a young woman named Robin. Her mysterious gift to summon deadly flames will determine the fates of her colleagues and lead her into a dark world of mystique and witchcraft!
- TV-Series, 148 (1997)The File of Young KindaichiToei Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~25minHajime Kindaichi may look dumb, but he is one of the smartest you will ever see. He encounters mystery after mystery with his good friend, Miyuki, and he swears to solve them in the name of his grandfather, who was a great detective. Annotation: An English-subtitled version premiered on Animax Asia on 2nd September, 2014, accessible solely in Southeast Asia. To date, this is the only known English release of the series.
- OVA, 1 (2009)Meitantei Conan Magic File 3: Shin'ichi to Ran Mahjong Pai to Tanabata no OmoideTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~25min
- OVA, 1 (2002)Meitantei Conan: 16-nin no Yougisha!?TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~25minThe detective boys, the Mouri family, Professor Agasa, Heiji, Sonoko, Kazuha, and some of the polices were invited to Inspector Shiratori's party at Karuizawa. A certain case happens, and now there are 16 suspects from those invited to the party.
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)Yakushiji Ryouko no Kaiki JikenboDoga KoboCrimeLight Novel~24minBased on a series of light novels written by Tanaka Yoshiki. The story revolves around Ryōko Yakushiji, a brilliant 27-year-old elite investigator with the Tokyo Metropolitan Police. Together with her subordinate Junichirō Izumida, the two often investigate bizzare and supernatural cases. In addition with the paranormal, Ryōko also has a longstanding rivalry with Yukiko Muromachi, another talented police investigator.
- TV-Special, 1 (2008)Death Note: Relight 2 - L's SuccessorsMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~94minLight and L have battled to the bitter end over the Death Note - but what does the story look like from Ryuk's point of view? Go back to where it all began and watch the epic battle from a new perspective - through the eyes of the one who started it all! Four years have passed since Light claimed his victory at L's grave. Light has joined the National Police Agency and taken on the identity of the "new L." Kira's judgments of the citizens of the world have intensified, and many nations have come to accept Kira, either from fear or adulation. Near, L's successor, must ponder the question of how L was defeated if he is to succeed where his famed predecessor failed. At the headquarters of the anti-Kira organization the SPK, he proclaims that the new L is none other than Kira and calls upon the Japanese task force to declare war on Light.
- TV-Special, 1 (2011)Lupin The 3rd: Blood Seal of the Eternal MermaidCrimeOriginal Work~92minLupin's latest heist involves stealing a pair of jewels that hold the secret to an even greater treasure, but unfortunatly there's a lot of obstacles in Lupin's way. The smallest one involves Maki, a 14 year old girl who wants Lupin to teach her to be a thief. But what is her connection to the treasure and the mysterious girl Misa. The secrets behind the treasure reach back even into Lupin's own past.
- TV-Special, 1 (2007)Death Note: Relight - Visions of a GodMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~130min"See through the eyes of a shinigami… Light and L have battled to the bitter end over the Death Note—but what does the story look like from Ryuk’s point of view? When rogue shinigami Ryuk deliberately drops his Death Note in the human world out of boredom, he has no idea how far the human who picks it up will take his newfound power. With the Death Note in hand, brilliant high school student Light Yagami vows to rid the world of evil, and when criminals begin dropping dead one by one, genius detective L steps in to track down the elusive killer known as Kira. An epic battle of wits pitting one brilliant mind against another unfolds—with the very future of humanity at stake! Ryuk’s not bored anymore… Go back to where it all began and watch the epic battle from a new perspective—through the eyes of the one who started it all! "
- TV-Series, 11 (2015)Rampo Kitan: Game of LaplaceLercheCrimeNovel~23minThe story takes place at a certain middle school where several murder cases take place. Kobayashi, a boy who goes to this school, meets genius detective Akechi, who comes to the school to investigate. Kobayashi takes an interest in Akechi and, in spite of his friend Hashiba's worries, he volunteers to be Akechi's assistant.
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)The Mystic Archives of DantalianGainax Co., Ltd.CrimeLight Novel~24minHugh Anthony Disward inherits an old mansion and a personal library from his grandfather. In the basement of the mansion, he meets a mysterious girl—Dalian. She is a Dantalian and a gateway to "Dantalian's bookshelf", which stores the prohibited books of the demons.
- TV-Series, 26 (1999)Karakuri Zoushi Ayatsuri SakonTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~25minSakon is the grandson of the famous Bunraku master, Tachibana Zaemon. He is incredibly shy and lacks confidence in himself. However, when he is with his puppet, Ukon, he is able to focus himself and his crime-solving abilities. As a contrast to traditional Bunraku puppeteering, Sakon is an expert ventriloquist. He uses his talent of mimicing and throwing voices to confront the villains and often force a confession. Ukon is a beautiful Bunraku puppet created in 1870, supposedly by the Master puppet-builder Unosuke Koizumi III. But Ukon doesn't act as a good Bunraku puppet should. When he is with Sakon, he is forward, obnoxious, flirtatious, coarse, and very egocentric. Together, Sakon and Ukon travel around Japan, solving mysteries, murders, and horrific crimes. In the meantime, Sakon's aunt Kaoruko, a young and pretty police detective, helps him out and keeps an eye on him.
- Movie, 1 (2012)ColumbosCrime~9min
- OVA, 1 (2012)Dantalian no Shoka: Ibara-himeGainax Co., Ltd.CrimeLight Novel~24minTo recover a Phantom Book, Huey Anthony Disward and Dalian head to a remote village where people have been mysteriously disappearing.
- Web, 1 (2014)Toubousha Mouri KogorouTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~25min
- TV-Series, 35 (1968)Wanpaku TanteidanMushi Production Co., Ltd.Crime~23min
- OVA, 1 (2008)Meitantei Conan Magic File 2: Kudou Shin'ichi Nazo no Kabe to Kuro Lab JikenTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~28minA man came to Shinichi on a Sunday morning in a park asking if Shinichi saw him last Thursday at the same time. He explains to Shinichi that on that Thursday morning his grandmother died, and the police suspects him to be her killer. But the man insists that he was in the park at that time. Shinichi, becoming interested in the case, insists to help him find an alibi and prove to the two detectives guarding the man that he indeed was telling the truth.
- OVA, 1 (2006)Meitantei Conan: Kieta Daiya o Oe! Conan & Heiji vs Kid!TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~23minMistakenly called by a blackmailer, Conan contacts Hattori (whose voice is eerily similar to the blackmailer) and the two attempt to discover the truth of the matter.
- OVA, 1 (2008)Meitantei Conan: Joshikousei Tantei Suzuki Sonoko no JikenboTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~25minSonoko is writing the script for a charity-related play: a murder case takes place and the high school detective Suzuki Sonoko appears out of nowhere to solve it. There is only one problem, the script is unfinished, and Sonoko has no idea who the murderer is, and why the crime was committed. The play will be performed next week. But with all the other necessary preparations going on, the script needs to be done today, and Sonoko plans to use the expertise of a real detective, like Kogorou, to finish it. Ai finds serious flaws in the deductive chain of the plot. And so Ran decides to call Kogorou, who comes up with the exact same hair-raising idea Sonoko already uses in her script. In desperation Ran asks Shin'ichi for help with the script. Luckily the Detective Boys are also there to help out.
- TV-Series, 45 (2003)Detective School QPierrot Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~25minThe Dan Detective School is a Japanese detective school permitted by the government. Kyu, an ordinary boy with big dreams to become detective, attends the school as a member of Q Class along with Megu, the girl with photographic memory; Kazuma, the computer genius kid; Kinta, the strong; and the mysterious Ryu. Together they solve many cases which bring them to face Pluto, the crime organization which should have been destroyed by Dan Morihiko. Annotation: An English-dubbed version has been aired on Animax Asia.
- TV-Series, 25 (2002)SpiralJ.C.STAFFCrimeManga~25minAyumu Narumi's older brother Kiyotaka, a renowned detective and piano player, disappears all of sudden. The only clue Narumi has, are the Blade Children. Two years later a row of murders and incidents begin, relating to the Blade Children. Together with school journalist, Hiyono Yuizaki, Narumi tries to figure out their destiny.
- TV-Series, 24 (2016)TricksterTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd., Shin-Ei AnimationCrimeNovel~23min
- OVA, 1 (2000)Meitantei Conan: Conan vs Kid vs Yaiba - Houtou Soudatsu Daikessen!!TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~24minConan borrows a large amount of manga from Mitsuhiko and crazy things begin to happen around Beika City. Things aren't always the way they appear to be. A family asks Kogoro to help them protect a special sword in their dojo since Kaitou KID has sent word he's going to steal it. However Kaitou KID will have to steal the sword while Conan and Yaiba are after him.
- OVA, 1 (2012)Meitantei Conan: Excalibur no KisekiTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~29min
- TV-Series, 25 (2014)The File of Young Kindaichi ReturnsToei Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~24min
- OVA, 7 (1988)Mobile Police PatlaborStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Crime~30minIn the future, rapidly advancing technology gives birth to giant robots known as "Labors," so named for their usefulness in heavy industry. However, this also gives rise to "Labor crimes," resulting the the need for a new branch of law enforcement equiped with and dedicated to the policing of Labors. When Izumi Noa, a female police officer, becomes the newest recruit of Special Vechicals Devision 2, she and her top of the line "Patrol Labor" (or "Patlabor") Alphonse are swept into a series of adventures featuring crazed construction workers, eco-terrorists, and sea monsters.
- TV-Special, 1 (2007)Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: Operaza-kan Saigo no SatsujinToei Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~48minHajime Kindaichi, a junior that barely made it past tenth grade has a knack for solving murder mysteries with support from Miyuki, his childhood friend and love-interest who encourages him when all seems lost, and Detective Kenmochi. (from manga)
- TV-Special, 1 (1997)Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: Shinigami Byouin Satsujin JikenToei Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~47min
- OVA, 1 (2003)Meitantei Conan: Conan to Heiji to Kieta ShounenTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~25minConan and Ran are visiting Heiji and Kazuha in Osaka but while they are touring around they come across a group of three kids that look like Ayumi, Mitsuhiko, and Genta. The group are looking for their missing friend and Conan agrees to help.
- OVA, 1 (2011)Meitantei Conan Magic File 2011: Niigata - Tokyo Omiyage CapriccioTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~23min
- OVA, 1 (2007)Meitantei Conan: Agasa-sensei no Chousenjou! Agasa vs Conan & Shounen TanteidanTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~25minWhile creating a elaborate goose chase for the detective boys Professer Agasa becomes ensnared in a ransom plot and is abducted. It's up to Conan to deduce his location.
- Movie, 1 (1984)Meitantei Holmes: Aoi Ruby no Maki / Kaitei no Zaihou no MakiTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeNovel~46min
- TV-Special, 1 (2007)Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: Kyuuketsuki Densetsu Satsujin JikenToei Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~49minHajime Kindaichi, a junior that barely made it past tenth grade has a knack for solving murder mysteries with support from Miyuki, his childhood friend and love-interest who encourages him when all seems lost, and Detective Kenmochi. (from manga)
- OVA, 1 (2005)Meitantei Conan: Target wa Kogorou! Shounen Tanteidan Maruhi ReportTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~24minReceiving a class assignment to research a profession, the detective boys decide to shadow Kogoro for a day.
- OVA, 2 (2012)Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: Kuro Majutsu Satsujin JikenToei Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~27min
- Movie, 1 (2000)Black Jack: Heian SentoTezuka Productions Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~10min