- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Movie, 1 (2008)The Garden of Sinners: The Hollow Shrineufotable, Inc.DramaLight Novel~45minAfter spending two years in a coma caused by a traffic accident, Shiki awakens with amnesia. One day, Shiki is visited by Touko Aozaki, a wizard and proprietor of a studio called "Garan no Dou". Due to the loss of her alternate personality, Shiki has lost not only any memory of her accident, but also any real sense that she's alive and spends her days as a mere empty shell of herself. Strange, enigmatic beings begin to attack her, trying to take control of her body, now that her soul is hollow. However, one day, she confronts the attackers who've resorted to force and Shiki makes the decision to fight of her own volition. The second movie in chronological timeline.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)CharlotteP.A. Works Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~24minSpecial abilities occur among a small percentage of boys and girls in puberty. Yū Otosaka uses his power without others knowing, and lives a fairly normal, average school life. Before him suddenly appears a girl, Nao Tomori. Due to his meeting with her, the fate of special power-users will be exposed.
- TV-Series, 11 (2009)Tokyo Magnitude 8.0Kinema Citrus Co., Ltd., BONES Inc.DramaOriginal Work~23minThere is an estimated 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. In 2012, Mirai, a middle school freshman girl, goes to Tokyo’s artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yuuki at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor registering 8.0 on the JMA scale emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in seconds. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yuuki strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.
- TV-Series, 50 (2009)ErinTrans Arts, Production I.G., Inc.DramaNovel~24minErin is a bright and curious 10-year-old girl living at the small Ake village with her mother Soyon. The residents of this community are all devoted to the nurturing of a special kind of reptile named touda. Big and powerful, the creature is an important military asset of the country. Soyon is a wise and extremely skilled beast veterinarian who does the crucial task of taking care of these huge animals despite being somewhat disdained by many people due to the prejudice towards her lineage and gender. Erin admires her and wishes to one day become an expert like her mother. Sadly, the mysterious demise of two Kiba, the strongest type of touda, convicts Soyon as responsible for the calamity. Erin must then travel to a faraway land where she grows up trying to grasp a deeper understanding of both animals and mankind.
- TV-Series, 24 (2004)Gankutsuou: The Count of Monte CristoGonzo K.K.DramaNovel~24minAlbert is a young man of privilege in Paris, but the trappings of his aristocratic birth leave him bored and unsatisfied. Seeking adventure, Albert’s restless spirit leads him to a festival on the moon – and to the Count of Monte Cristo. An enigmatic man of charm and wealth, the Count of Monte Cristo’s charisma and sophistication captivate Albert. The fascinated youth invites the nobleman to mingle within the upper echelons of Parisian society, and the Count is soon courting the favor of France’s most powerful families. Little does Albert know, as his new friend walks the ornate halls of the highest class, the Count of Monte Cristo wants only to bring them crashing down through vengeance.
- Movie, 1 (2007)The Garden of Sinners: A Study in Murder – Part 1ufotable, Inc.DramaLight Novel~60minMikiya Kokutou meets a girl who has a mysterious gaze, and falls in love with her. That April, at his high school entrance ceremony, Mikiya is reunited with the girl. The girl's name is Shiki Ryougi. Shiki keeps others at a distance, but as Mikiya interacts with her, she gradually opens up to him, though not without trepidation. Meanwhile, the city has been rattled by a series of bizarre murders. There are no known links between victims, and the motive is unclear. One day, Mikiya meets “SHIKI”, another personality that resides within Shiki. Mikiya suspects who the murderer is, but at the same time, he decides to believe in Shiki. An astonishing secret awaits him, but he doesn’t find out until three years later. The first movie in chronological timeline.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Violet Evergarden: Eternity and the Auto Memories DollKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~91minHer latest assignment leads the silent Auto Memories Doll Violet Evergarden into a posh boarding school for girls: Here young girls of the most high-ranking pedigrees are to be trained to become fine ladies with the appropriate etiquette before they make their way into the nobility through their wedding. Former gutter girl Amy is also part of the young elite, but she doesn’t agree with the house’s strict rules of conduct or with her predetermined future as the bride of some rich snob—not exactly cooperative conduct for Violet’s plans to teach the girl how to behave like a lady. But even though the insolent girl is initially anything but taken with her new teacher, Violet manages to gradually get her young heart to open up and make the shadows of the past disappear …
- Movie, 1 (2013)The Tale of the Princess KaguyaStudio GhibliDramaOther~137minIn an idyllic rural setting an old bamboo cutter and his wife raise a tiny girl found nestled within a glowing bamboo stalk along with a fortune in gold. As she approaches adulthood the bamboo cutter uses the fortune to purchase a villa in the capital, buy himself a title and employ tutors to transform the country girl - now given the name Kaguya - into a refined woman. News of her beauty brings powerful and wealthy suitors who compete for her hand in marriage, culminating in a proposal from the emperor. All the while Kaguya wishes that she and her family could return to their former life and to be reunited with her sweetheart, Sutemaru. Sooner or later, though, her true origins will make their own claim upon her.
- OVA, 24 (1998)Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden (1)K-Factory Inc.DramaNovel~26minThese short stories fill in the first part of the background of Reinhard von Lohengramm and Siegfried Kircheis before the start of the main Legend of the Galactic Heroes series. In these stories, they journey to a planet of ice and are betrayed by their commanding officer, they investigate a possible murder at their alma mater, Kircheis takes a vacation and gets involved in a plot against an admiral, and finally the major 12-part story of Reinhard at Iserlohn, a battle fortress that protects the Galactic Empire from the Free Planets.
- OVA, 28 (1999)Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden (2)K-Factory Inc.DramaNovel~26minThese short stories fill in the background of Yang Wenli prior to the Overture to a New War movie, and continue with the background of Reinhard and Kircheis where Gaiden 1 left off. In these stories, Yang becomes the Hero of El Facile and is given a research investigation of some delicacy, Reinhard's first assignment to a ship at Iserlohn, Reinhard deals with a formal duel among the politics of the nobles, Reinhard's secret mission into Free Planet territory, and the Third Tiamat Battle, wherein Reinhard earns the rank of General at the age of 19.
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)From the New WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaNovel~23minIn the future Japan has become a fractured country, and small towns now exist. The rulers of this world have the cursed power of Telekinesis. When an incident occurs, 5 children come to realize the world is not as it seems, and learn the bloody history behind this world. These 5 children unite and help the world as it falls into a downward spiral of chaos.
- Movie, 1 (2010)Colorful: The Motion Pictureascension Inc.DramaNovel~126minUpon reaching the train station to death, a dejected soul is informed that he is 'lucky' and will have another chance at life. He is placed in the body of a 14-year-old boy named Makoto Kobayashi, who has just committed suicide. Watched over by a neutral spirit named Purapura, the soul must figure out what his greatest sin and mistake in his former life was before his time limit in Makoto's body runs out. He also has a number of other lesser duties he must complete, such as understanding what led Makoto to commit suicide in the first place and learning how to enjoy his second chance at life.
- TV-Special, 4 (2014)Tsukimonogatari: Yotsugi DollSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minIn the short weeks leading up to Koyomi Araragi's graduation from high school, he experiences a troubling incident that leads him to question his humanity. While searching for answers he enlists the assistance of the human-like doll Yotsugi Ononoki in order to find out where the truth lies in the present and for the future.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Classroom of the EliteLercheDramaLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Land of the LustrousOrange Co., Ltd.DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 23 (2018)Run with the WindProduction I.G., Inc.DramaNovel~23min
- Movie, 1 (2013)The Garden of Sinners: Recalled Out Summerufotable, Inc.DramaLight Novel~89minA side story of the original Kara no Kyōkai - the Garden of sinners movie series divided into 2 parts. In the first part, Shizune Seo, who finds her life too predictable due to her precognition, and Mitsuru Kamekura, who uses his precognition to be a professional bomber, meet Mikiya and Shiki, respectively, and their futures begin to change. In the second part, 10 years after the original series, Shiki and Mikiya's daughter, Mana Ryōgi, spends a day with Mitsuru.
- TV-Series, 22 (2016)March Comes in Like a LionSHAFT Inc.DramaManga~25min
- TV-Series, 11 (2012)NisemonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24minIn Bakemonogatari, the story centers on Koyomi Araragi, a third-year high school student who has recently survived a vampire attack, and finds himself mixed up with all kinds of apparitions: gods, ghosts, myths, and spirits. However, in Nisemonogatari, we pick up right where we left off and follow Koyomi as the psychological twists delve deeper and deeper…
- Movie, 1 (2010)The Secret World of ArriettyStudio GhibliDramaNovel~94minTiny 14 year old Arrietty lives under the floorboards of an old house with her father and mother. Their peaceful life is dramatically changed when the ever curious Arrietty accidentally allows herself to be seen by Sho, a poorly and lonesome 12 year old human boy. The fledgling friendship between the two lonely children causes Haru the housekeeper to become aware of the borrowers’ existence. The family of little borrowers are forced to choose between staying in their well-established home or leaving for the uncertainty of the great outdoors.
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Kokoro ConnectSILVER LINK.DramaLight Novel~24minTaichi, Iori, Himeko, Aoki und Yui actually joined the Cultural Research Club to finish the Yamahoshi school with the least amount of work possible. This comfort ends pretty soon as Fuusenkazura (an unknown life-form) appears, who is highly interested in human emotions. To speed things up, Fuusenkazura chose the Cultural Research Club for his research by forcing its members to switch bodies uncontrollably. These circumstances force the five friends to face their problems and traumata they tried to hide which inevitably leads to a change in their relationships.
- TV-Special, 1 (2015)The Labyrinth of Grisaia: The Cocoon of Caprice 08bitDramaVisual Novel~48minYūji Kazami has saved the hearts of five girls of Mihama Academy, but his own heart is still clouded with darkness. Looking back, Yūji wonders what has shaped him into what he is today, as well as what he has gained and lost along the path.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World: Director's CutDramaLight Novel~50min
- TV-Special, 4 (2012)Nekomonogatari: BlackSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minKoyomi Araragi is a student who has recently survived a vampire attack, with the help of his friend Tsubasa Hanekawa. Now, he finds that she has been possessed by an oddity called the Curse Cat, and is now attacking people, including her parents. He must now find a way to help get rid of the Curse Cat.
- TV-Special, 5 (2014)Hanamonogatari: Suruga DevilSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minSuruga Kanbaru continues to attend Naoetsu High School, even though her beloved upperclassmen Hitagi and Koyomi do not attend anymore. While training one day, she hears the rumor of the Lord Devil, a figure that is said to be able to grant any wish. Although she was afraid that it might be herself, she finds that the person playing Lord Devil is Rōka Numachi, one of Suruga's middle school classmates.
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Hell Girl: Two MirrorsStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~25minThey call her Jigoku Tsushin - the Hell Girl. For endless years Ai Enma has served as the embodiment of revenge itself. If you desire to send another's soul to eternal torment, contact her via the internet and she'll come from her land of endless sunset to deliver your revenge... at the cost of sending your own soul, of course, but it's a price a surprising number of people are willing to pay. But things are changing with the Hell Girl. Once seemingly implacable and pitiless, glints of emotion now show through the cracks forming in her emotionless facade. And now there is a new girl with infernal connections who seems to be turning up with alarming regularity.
- Movie, 1 (2014)Giovanni's IslandProduction I.G., Inc.Drama~102minIn the aftermath of WWII, Soviet Union soldiers occupy the small island of Shikotan and from this occupation a friendship forms between a young Japanese brothers, Junpei and Kanta and a Russian girl, Tanya striving to overcome language barriers and the waves of history.
- Movie, 1 (2013)The Wind RisesStudio GhibliDramaManga~127minKaze Tachinu is about a boy named Jiro Horikoshi, who keeps dreaming of flying and soaring the sky, and of Caproni an Italian air plane designer, that persistantly gives Jiro advice. Several years later he meets Naoko, who he, however, soon loses sight of again. He starts working for an air plane manufacturer, but the company soon goes bancrupt and Jiro is sent to Germany. One day, while visiting a summer resort, he meets Naoko again and the two fall deeply in love, and got engaged not too long after that. Naoko, however, suffers from tuberculosis and refuses to marry until she's in better health. When she felt strong enough the two married, only to see her health subside once again...
- OVA, 1 (2005)Kaleido Star: Legend of Phoenix - Layla Hamilton StoryGonzo K.K.DramaOriginal Work~50minLayla is going to perform “Phoenix” in Broadway. Playing this important role, she sets out on a journey by bicycle alone without leaving any message in order to find out what is missing in her.
- TV-Series, 26 (1999)Infinite RyviusSUNRISE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minIt is 2225 AD. An act of sabotage has sent a space station plummeting towards a dense plasma phenomena known as the Sea of Geduld. With only hours to spare before the collapse of the entire station, a group of teens training on-board the ship will seek safety aboard the Ryvius, an interstellar spacecraft hidden deep inside the station. With the adult crew and instructors killed, these young astronauts must rely on their training, courage, and, most importantly, each other to prepare for the journey home.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Zoku OwarimonogatariSHAFT Inc.DramaLight Novel~148min
- TV-Series, 10 (2015)The Eden of Grisaia8bitDramaVisual Novel~24minThe girls of Mihama Academy discover the dark past of Yūji Kazami when the terrorist Heath Oslo reappears with plans to reclaim his protege. Sachi, Amane, Michiru, Makina, and Yumiko must orchestrate a plan to free Yūji, who also finds himself face to face with his long lost sister Kazuki.
- TV-Series, 26 (2003)PlanetesSUNRISE Inc.DramaManga~25minThe year is 2075 AD. The dream of working and living in the vast openness of space is now a reality. However, a new threat has arisen and if left unchecked can prove fatal: Space Debris. An undetectable screw struck and disabled a passenger space flight causing disaster and death to the ones on board. A space debris collection agency is formed but it's a money losing venture for the corporations. Follow the men and women of the "Half-Section" and witness the harrowing experience that is involved with such dangers.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Big Fish & BegoniaStudio MirDramaOriginal Work~100min
- OVA, 2 (2015)Nanatsu no Taizai (2015)A-1 Pictures Inc.DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 10 (2017)Super Lovers 2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~24min
- OVA, 4 (2014)Hybrid ChildStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~25minKotarou found Hazuki at the trash dump one day and took him into his home. It turned out that Hazuki was a Hybrid Child, a doll that grew and developed in response to its owner's love and attention. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)Romeo x JulietGonzo K.K.DramaNovel~24minLove is something you never regret.... For most of her young life, Juliet was forced to live a tortuous lie. Disguised as a boy, she lurked in the shadows of Neo Verona. Escaping from the monotony of a life in hiding only as the Crimson Whirlwind – a masked crusader determined to right the wrongs of a heinous regime. But now, as her people’s suffering reaches unspeakable levels, Juliet prepares to raise her sword and lead a rebellion against the villainous tyrant whose hands are stained by the blood of her ancestors. She is the last breath of a dying line of kings and the final, fleeting hope of a city that desperately needs her.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)KaibaMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minOne day a man, Kaiba, wakes up in a broken room. He has no memories, only a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman. Outside of the room are grotesque floating electrical clouds of disjointed memories. Kaiba is suddenly assaulted, and escapes into space. He travels to various planets, encountering various people and retrieving his memories. Memories of an inconsistent and decaying world, of his own agony and of Niero, the woman in the picture.
- Movie, 1 (1983)Barefoot GenMADHOUSE Inc.DramaManga~83minDrawn from writer Keiji Nakazawa's true life experiences in the aftermath of the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima, Barefoot Gen tells the story of one family's struggle to survive against overwhelming odds. Six-year-old Gen has lived practically his entire life in the shadow of war. Yet he is not prepared for the horrors which follow the bombing of Hiroshima. Contains scenes of extreme violence; reccomended for mature audiences.