- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- OVA, 4 (2014)Hybrid ChildStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~25minKotarou found Hazuki at the trash dump one day and took him into his home. It turned out that Hazuki was a Hybrid Child, a doll that grew and developed in response to its owner's love and attention. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)Romeo x JulietGonzo K.K.DramaNovel~24minLove is something you never regret.... For most of her young life, Juliet was forced to live a tortuous lie. Disguised as a boy, she lurked in the shadows of Neo Verona. Escaping from the monotony of a life in hiding only as the Crimson Whirlwind – a masked crusader determined to right the wrongs of a heinous regime. But now, as her people’s suffering reaches unspeakable levels, Juliet prepares to raise her sword and lead a rebellion against the villainous tyrant whose hands are stained by the blood of her ancestors. She is the last breath of a dying line of kings and the final, fleeting hope of a city that desperately needs her.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)KaibaMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minOne day a man, Kaiba, wakes up in a broken room. He has no memories, only a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman. Outside of the room are grotesque floating electrical clouds of disjointed memories. Kaiba is suddenly assaulted, and escapes into space. He travels to various planets, encountering various people and retrieving his memories. Memories of an inconsistent and decaying world, of his own agony and of Niero, the woman in the picture.
- Movie, 1 (1983)Barefoot GenMADHOUSE Inc.DramaManga~83minDrawn from writer Keiji Nakazawa's true life experiences in the aftermath of the nuclear bombing of Hiroshima, Barefoot Gen tells the story of one family's struggle to survive against overwhelming odds. Six-year-old Gen has lived practically his entire life in the shadow of war. Yet he is not prepared for the horrors which follow the bombing of Hiroshima. Contains scenes of extreme violence; reccomended for mature audiences.
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)Den-noh CoilMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~25minEleven years after the introduction of internet-connected, augmented reality eyeglasses and visors, Yūko Okonogi moves with her family to Daikoku City, the technological center of the emerging half-virtual world. Yūko joins her grandmother's "investigation agency" comprised of children equipped with virtual tools and powerful metatags. She quickly crosses paths with Yūko Amasawa, an expert hacker of the virtual environment, as Amasawa relentlessly seeks to "unlock" the mystery of a computer virus that emerges from an inaccessible corrupted space.
- Movie, 1 (2006)PaprikaMADHOUSE Inc.DramaNovel~87minPrepare to enter the realm of fantasy and imagination where reality and dreams collide in a kaleidoscopic mindscape of sheer visual genius. The magical tale centers on a revolutionary machine that allows scientists to enter and record a subject’s dream. After being stolen, a fearless detective and brilliant therapist join forces to recover the device before it falls into the hands of a dream terrorist in this gripping anime thriller from acclaimed director Satoshi Kon.
- Movie, 1 (1988)Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest is the Sea of StarsKitty Film Co., Ltd.DramaNovel~59minThis movie, based on an anecdote of "Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu" written by novelist Tanaka[family-name] Yoshiki [given-name], preludes the 110-episodes TV series by describing the first encounter between the ambitious young man Reinhard von Museal under the imperial flag and the passive Yang Wengli who serves a corrupting democracy. Set in an imaginative future, the story describes the first encounter between Yang and Reinhard and discusses how heroes are born.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Death BilliardsMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~25minAn old and a young man find themselves in a mysterious bar where they have to play a game of billiard. The bet: their lives.
- TV-Series, 39 (2007)Saiunkoku Monogatari 2nd SeriesMADHOUSE Inc.DramaLight Novel~25minShuurei needs to deal with more obstacles in the new series. More danger comes her way but at the same time meeting friends who will help her with her work as an official.
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)BokuranoGonzo K.K.DramaManga~23minDuring a summer camp, 15 children, 8 males and 7 females, find a grotto by the sea. Deep within they discover working computers and some electronic equipment, and later the owner, a man called Kokopelli. Kokopelli claimed to be a programmer working on a brand new game, in which a large robot has to defend the Earth against fifteen alien invasions. He persuades the children to test the game and sign a contract. All but one of them signs; barely a moment later they mysteriously awaken on the shore believing what happened was just a dream.
- Bonus, 1 (2016)Charlotte: Extra EpisodeP.A. Works Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~24min
- OVA, 2 (2001)Rurouni Kenshin: ReflectionStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~42minRurouni Kenshin is a wanderer, a lost soul, cursed to seek atonement for his life in the bloody trade of the samurai. During the long war to overthrow the corrupt government, he was known throughout all Japan as the Hitokiri Battousai ("sword-bearing master assassin"). But the end of the war has brought no peace to Kenshin, despite a vow to draw his sword only for the protection of those in need. Now his wife Kaoru steadfastly awaits his return, mourning his absence as well as that of their son, Kenji. Will Kenshin return before she dies of grief? The past meets the present fifteen years after Kenshin first left.
- TV-Series, 10 (2010)Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Record of the Jade BloodStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaVisual Novel~23minAfter a resounding defeat and the loss of some comrades Chizuru Yukimura and the Shinsengumi head to Ezo to fight the new government's army. However, all does not go well.
- TV-Series, 12 (2010)House of Five Leavesmanglobe Inc.DramaManga~23minRonin Akitsu Masanosuke is a skilled swordsman, but his personality often causes him to be let go from his job. With desperation closing in, Akitsu accepts an offer to work as a bodyguard for Yaichi, the charismatic leader of a mysterious gang: the Five Leaves. Though the meek swordsman finds the gang's actions disturbing, Akitsu grows more fascinated by the outlaws every day.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Stars Align8bitDramaOriginal Work~24minThe original anime Hoshiai no Sora takes us on a journey into the world of high-school soft tennis—a form of tennis that uses a much softer ball than traditional tennis. The plot focuses on the small high-school soft-tennis club that is about to shut down. In order to participate in the big summer tournament for one last time and perhaps even win it, Touma Shinjou—himself a passionate soft-tennis player—asks Maki Katsuragi for help. Maki is widely known as a tennis ace and it is his highly acclaimed skills that are expected to help the high-school club win. But Maki wouldn’t even consider supporting a small club like this out of pure goodwill and demands appropriate financial compensation if he is to join the club and take part in the tournament. Thus begins a story about youth and love for sport, which in the end is about more than just a victory at the summer tournament …
- TV-Series, 13 (1999)Now and Then, Here and ThereAnime International Co., Inc.DramaOriginal Work~25minDragged through a time warp by a strange machine, Shu is thrust into a hellish future as it explodes into war! Surrounded by fierce warriors enslaved innocents, and enigmatic wanderers, Shu faces the ultimate challenge of survival in a world gone mad!
- Movie, 1 (2001)Millennium ActressMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~87minMillenium Actress blurs the lines between the past and the present, and truth and fiction, when a documentary filmmaker fulfills his quest to find the legendary actress Chiyoko Fujiwara, and learn why she mysteriously vanished at the height of her brilliant career. When Chiyoko grants the filmmaker’s request, he, in turn, presents her with a token—a key she had lost and thought was gone forever. The filmmaker could not have imagined that the key would not only unlock the long-held secrets of Chiyoko’s life…but also his own.
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)Hell GirlStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~25minBeyond the veil of midnight lies a website, HellCorrespondence.com. Type in the name of one upon which you desire retribution… And it will be served. If you truly desire to take revenge upon those who have wronged you, just untie the scarlet thread from the totem’s neck. Pulling this thread will bind you into a covenant with Ai Enma, who will ferry the soul of your tormentor straight into the depths of Hell. However, once vengeance has been served, you will have to deliver on your end of the bargain. There always has to be a price to pay. When you die, your soul will also belong to Hell. You will never know the joys of Heaven. The decision rests with you.
- TV-Series, 24 (2011)PenguindrumBrain's BaseDramaOriginal Work~24minHimari Takakura passes away after going out on a trip with her brothers, twins Kanba and Shōma. She was, however, miraculously saved by a spirit in a penguin-shaped hat. In return for her extended life, the twins must search for an item known as the Penguin Drum with the aid of three penguins, which are visible only to the siblings.
- Movie, 1 (2011)Children who Chase Lost VoicesCoMix Wave Films Inc.DramaOriginal Work~116minWhen she hears a strange song from a crystal radio, Asuna tunes into more than just a magical stream of music. Soon, she is transported to a mysterious world where mythical beasts roam and brave warriors fight for their lives. Agartha is a land of breathtaking beauty and unimaginable danger-a place where, it is believed, even the dead can be brought back to life. But at what cost?
- TV-Series, 13 (2002)Haibane RenmeiRadix Ace Entertainment Co., Ltd.DramaManga~23minIn a long-forgotten walled town, humans coexist with the Haibane, angelic-like beings of unknown origin. Rakka becomes the newest Haibane, after she awakens from a strange dream and finds herself hatching from a massive cocoon. With no memories of her previous life, Rakka struggles to adjust to her new surroundings, however burning questions remain in the back of her mind. What is Haibane and what is their purpose? What lies beyond the huge, forbidden town walls?
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Domestic Girlfrienddiomedéa inc.DramaManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2017)Kimi no Koe o TodoketaiMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~94min
- Movie, 1 (2019)Sora no Aosa o Shiru Hito yoCloverWorksDramaOriginal Work~108minThe anime movie Sora no Aosa o Shiru Hito yo tells the story of the Aioi sisters who live in a small town in the mountains. 13 years ago their parents died in an accident and Akane Aioi, the older sister, gave up her long-term plans to move to Tokyo with her boyfriend, the distraught guitarist Shinnosuke Kanomura. After the accident her sister Aoi was her top priority. So she abandoned her dreams to take care of her little sister. Aoi—who is in her second year of high school and is striving for a career in music herself—sees herself as nothing more than a block on her big sister’s leg and feels guilty about being the reason she couldn’t go her own way … When one day the famous Enka singer Dankichi invites her to perform as a session musician at a music festival, a small dream comes true for her. At the same time Akane’s ex Shinnosuke suddenly returns to the small town and as if that weren’t enough, a boy named Shinno mysteriously appears—and he is none other than Shinnosuke from 13 years ago, who travelled from the past to today! For the Aioi sisters this brings about a lot of problems, especially since Aoi falls in love for the first time thanks to the young Shinno …
- TV-Series, 25 (2010)Tegami Bachi: Letter Bee 2St.Signpost.CO.,Ltd.DramaManga~21minLag's quest to recover Gauche's heart continues, after finding him and being attacked in return he wakes up at Bee hive just to find that he has lost Gauche again. He must become stronger and a better Letter bee in order to be ready to take Gauche back next time he finds him. Along with his loyal dingo and friend Niche he is decided to make that dream come true and bring happiness back to Sylvette and Aria.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Sing "Yesterday" for MeDoga KoboDramaManga~23min
- TV-Series, 12 (2010)Black Butler IIA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaManga~25minWhen last we saw dear Sebastian, he was poised to feast on the ripened soul of his young master. Unfortunately for the debonair demon, there's a new butler in town... Enter Claude Faustus, a malevolent manservant uninspired by the drab flavor of his own contracted master, Alois Trancy. This pedestrian lad holds no allure for Claude, so the bespectacled butler sets his sights on a finer delicacy from the menu of the damned: none other than Ciel Phantomhive. And so begins a devilish dance of death starring crow and spider. The demonic duel rages beyond the limits of good taste, culminating in a debaucherous maze of madness pitting butler against butler. Sebastian and Claude: two ravenous rakehells filled with the power of darkness and locked in a macabre battle for the soiled soul of the young master they so long to savor/devour.
- Movie, 1 (1993)Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Overture to a New WarKitty Film Co., Ltd.DramaNovel~90minThis is a retelling of the first 2 episodes of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OAV series. It gives additional details of the background of Yang Wenli and his first encounter with Reinhard's fleets of the Galactic Empire.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)KiznaiverTrigger Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minThe fictional Japanese city named Sugomori City is built on reclaimed land. But as the years go by, the city's population is decreasing. One day, Sonosaki tells her classmate Katsuhira: "You have been selected to be a Kiznaiver." The Kizuna System, which allows Katsuhira to share his wounds, connects him to the classmates whose lives and personalities completely differ from his. The Kizuna System is an incomplete system for the implementation of world peace that connects people through wounds. All those who are connected to this system are called Kiznaivers. When one Kiznaiver is wounded, the system divides and transmits the wound among the other Kiznaivers.
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)The Fruit of Grisaia8bitDramaVisual Novel~24minAt private Mihama Academy, five girls who seem normal attend the school due to "certain reasons." A sixth student "with reasons" named Yūji Kazami transfers in. Yūji has an ego with such darkness that he does not fade in comparison to the five girls, who are so different from the norm. As they each meet each other, they deepen their understanding of one another. Through the small bits of progress they make, each of their hearts will be affected. When Yūji arrives, a story of girls who are trapped by their pasts begins.
- TV-Series, 13 (1998)Serial Experiments LainTriangle Staff Corp.DramaOriginal Work~24minWe're all Connected... There is the world around us, a world of people, tactile sensation, and culture. There is the wired world, inside the computer, of images, personalities, virtual experiences, and a culture all of its own. The day after a classmate commits suicide, Lain, a thirteen year-old girl, discovers how closely the two worlds are linked when she receives an e-mail from the dead girl: "I just abandoned my body. I still live here..." Has the line between the real world and the wired world begun to blur?
- TV-Series, 13 (2019)Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of LifePlatinumvision Co., Ltd.DramaManga~24minIn Kono Oto Tomare! we follow high-schooler Takezou, who is the only remaining member of his koto club, after all the previous members—his senpais—successfully graduated. The members of the koto club devoted themselves to playing the traditional Japanese string instrument koto and now, after having “lost” all but one of its members, the club faces its termination. To keep his passion and his club alive Takezou must now find new members for the club, lest it be closed down. One day, completely out of the blue, a young man visits the club room and asks to be admitted as a member of the club! Will Takezou be able to find more members and keep the club going—especially considering this “fiend” he gained as a new member?!
- TV-Series, 10 (2016)Super LoversStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~24minA high school boy named Haru and his mother are living overseas. His mother orders him to take care of and "civilize" his adoptive brother Ren, a wild young boy who dislikes talking with other people. While their relationship is adversarial at first, they grow closer as they begin to understand one another. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 6 (2017)Yuki Yuna is a Hero: The Washio Sumi ChapterStudio GokumiDramaOriginal Work~24min
- Movie, 1 (2008)La Maison en Petits CubesOh-Production Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~12minAn old man lives in a town that has become submerged in water. As the water rises, he's forced to build additional levels onto his home with bricks in order to stay above water. One day the old man accidentally drops his favorite pipe into the lower levels of his home, and decides to rent scuba diving equipment in order to go searching for his pipe. As he descends through his sunken home, the old man recalls memories of the past in each room.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)Shigofumi: Letters from the DepartedJ.C.STAFFDramaOriginal Work~23minAre some secrets best kept with the dead? For most Shigofumi Mail Carriers, charged with delivering messages from the recently departed to those left behind, the question is purely rhetorical, as most Carriers are dead themselves and past the point of caring about the still breathing. The solemn girl known as Fumika, however, is all too aware of the mortal perspective, for she is still aging: an indicator that she is somehow, mysteriously, still alive. Yet neither Fumika's own personal tragedy nor the knowledge that her mail may be a mixed blessing at best will stay her grim determination to make her morbid rounds. Though the postal scales of fate may be eternally shifted, Fumika will make sure each posthumous posting from the ultimate dead letter office reaches its intended target, even when there's deadly postage due!
- TV-Series, 24 (2005)Noein: To Your Other SelfSatelight Inc.DramaOriginal Work~25minThis anime series explores the coming-of-age of 12-year-old Haruka and her pal Yuu. They are planning to run away from home when a chance encounter introduces them to a member of the Dragon Cavalry claiming to be from 15 years in the future. Suddenly, Haruka becomes part of the Cavalry's plan and finds herself in the midst of a chaotic battle set in the future.
- Web, 12 (2019)LeviusPolygon PicturesDramaManga~25min
- Web, 12 (2016)KoyomimonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~13minEvery month starting from April, one of the heroines of the Monogatari Series encounters some kind of mystery in their life and Koyomi solves them all.
- Web, 12 (2020)7 Seeds: Part 2Gonzo K.K., Studio KAI Inc.DramaManga~24min