- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 3ILCAGhost StoriesOriginal Work~4minA collection of short horror stories; the new season will feature more than 100 weird characters and will focus on urban legends.
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Red Data GirlP.A. Works Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minIzumiko is a fifteen year old outcast who was raised inseclusion at an ancient shrine hidden deep within the forest. This mysterious teenager destroys any electrical device she attempts to use, and her painful shyness has left her with few, if any, friends. Her world begins to evolve after enrolling in Houjou Academy, a school home to students of supernatural origins. Accompanied by her fated guardian, the brooding monk-in-training Miyuki, Izumiko soon discovers the shocking truth about herself: she is a vessel for the spirt of a powerful and vengeful goddess from a time long since passed. As her bond with Miyuki growns stronger, the spirit lurking within Izumiko begins to awaken.
- Bonus, 2 (2008)Mokke SpecialsGhost StoriesManga~23min
- Movie, 1 (1987)MuramasaTezuka Productions Co., Ltd.Ghost Stories~9minA wandering samurai finds a straw dummy with a magical sword, which makes him overwhelmingly powerful but begins to drive him mad.
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 4ILCAGhost StoriesOriginal Work~5min
- TV-Series, 52 (1983)Taotao Ehonkan: Sekai DoubutsubanashiGhost StoriesOriginal Work~24minIn a valley in China which has never been visited by humans lives a little panda named Tao Tao. Together with his friends Kiki the monkey, Puhu the squirrel and Poe the hare, they play in the forest all day long.
- TV-Series, 24 (1987)Grimm's Fairy Tale ClassicsNippon Animation Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesOther~24minGrimm Masterpiece Theatre was Japanese interpretations of the old Grimm's Fairy Tales. This series covers fairy tales that are well known to lesser known tales like "Puss 'N Boots", "Snow White", "Cinderella", and "Hansel and Gretel".
- TV-Series, 23 (1988)Grimm's Fairy Tale Classics (2)Nippon Animation Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesOther~22min
- TV-Series, 23 (2009)Kaidan RestaurantToei Animation Co., Ltd.Ghost Stories~24minShou transfers from London into Ako's class at Yamazakura Elementary School. Because strange things are always happening in Yamazakura, people call it a cursed town. It's a good thing Shou is interested in paranormal phenomena, because in each episode he, Ako (whom everyone calls Anko), and their friend Reiko are in three short horror stories introduced by the ghostly garcon of the restaurant. But don't worry. The restaurant adjusts the spices so those who don't like scary stories can still enjoy the meal.
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 6ILCAGhost StoriesOriginal Work~5min
- TV-Series, 13 (2019)Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 7ILCAGhost StoriesOriginal Work~5minHe is back, the Kamishibaiya—the old man with his strange yellow mask and his traditional Japanese paper theatre! In the seventh season of the “Yami Shibai” anime, Kamishibaiya continues his mission: He wants to tell his creepy stories based on popular Japanese legends and myths. But where does the old storyteller end up this time, after we have left the playground, the school and the forest behind us …?
- OVA, 1 (1988)Kaze no MatasaburouMADHOUSE Inc., Project Team ArgosGhost StoriesNovel~30minA strange red-haired boy named Saburou Takada is a new student at a small countryside elementary school. A classmate named Kasuke nicknames the kid "Matasaburo of the Wind" due to a strong breeze that passed by the school when the youngsters first met him. Some of them notice that peculiar incidents happen around Matasaburo.
- Web, 1 (2005)Yoshino no HimeGhost Stories~8min
- Movie, 1 (1989)Hengen Taima Yakou Karura Mau! Nara Onryou EmakiGhost StoriesManga~80min
- Music Video, 1 (2003)Chains & RingsProduction I.G., Inc.Ghost StoriesOriginal Work~3min
- OVA, 2 (1997)Eight Clouds RisingPierrot Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesManga~30minTwo young men are bound by a sword that can cleave souls. Fuzuchi Kuraki is a quiet young high school student blessed with immense psychic powers and an ancient sword. He is searching for other magical artifacts with the help of Nanachi Takeo, a college student with latent powers of his own. They delve deep into the dark magic of Izumo, only to discover the secrets buried within the birthplace of all Japanese mythology!
- Bonus, 1 (1994)Yuugen Kaisha: Jiken File 00 - Hajimari wa Ayashiku mo Hanayaka niGhost StoriesOriginal Work~22min
- OVA, 1 (1996)Jigokudou Reikai TsuushinGhost Stories~45min
- OVA, 2 (1998)Kashou no Tsuki: Aki KyougenFour Some Inc.Ghost StoriesManga~29minKagetsu, a member of the Kouga tribe, is in the period of his life when he has to decide wich sex he wants to be. His feelings toward his sensei gets him to think seriously about it. Kohryu, another member of the tribe, wants to convince Kagetsu of going back to live with the tribe, leaving his sensei behind. During that time, evil spirits are starting to threaten the village and both Kagetsu and his sensei.
- TV-Series, 33 (2010)Gakkou no Kowai Uwasa Shin: Hanako-san ga Kita!!Ghost Stories~25min
- Music Video, 1 (2002)Densha ka mo ShirenaiGhost StoriesOriginal Work~4min
- Movie, 1 (1929)Kobutori (1929)Ghost StoriesOriginal Work~14min
- TV-Series, 12 (1997)Haunted JunctionStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesManga~24minSaito High is a high school with its spiritual beings and a principal whose hobby is collecting occult paraphernalia. The school has the prophecy-chosen members of the Holy Student Council to protect it. These students have problems of their own; Haruto Houjo, the president, has a way of summoning spirits, and would resign from his duty for a normal life if it weren't for the principal. Kazumi Ryodo, the next member, is good at being possessed and has something for the Hanako. The last member is Mutsuki Asahina, who is a master of exorcism and is attracted to small boys. Unfortunately, these three are in charge of keeping the school in line and defending the world from supernatural beings, and this mission brings them through wacky predicaments.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Natsu no Yoru no DekigotoGhost StoriesOriginal Work~11min
- Movie, 1 (1928)Manga Hanasaka-jijiiGhost Stories~5min