- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- OVA, 2 (2012)Kimi no Iru Machi: Tasogare KousatenTatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~24minKirishima Haruto travels to Tokyo on a school excursion, where he hopes to catch up with Yuzuki Eba, a girl who formerly lived in his house and whom he has feelings for. Things don't go according to plan when fellow student Nanami Kanzaki, who secretly loves Kirishima, asks him to pretend to be her boyfriend.
- Movie, 1 (2016)The Moment You Fall in LoveQualia AnimationRomance~62min
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Brothers ConflictBrain's BaseRomanceLight Novel~24minAfter her dad remarries, Ema moves into the Asahina Family House and acquires 13 brothers. Ema intended to live peacefully with them as a family, but the sudden appearance of a girl in an all male household causes a uproar . Going on with their lives, the brother’s feelings for Ema start change and could be the start of a romance or being close friends.
- TV-Special, 1 (1998)Touch: Miss Lonely Yesterday - Arekara, Kimi WaGroup Tac Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~92minThree years have passed since the events of the TV series. Tatsuya Uesugi unexpectedly stopped playing baseball since then. Minami and Tatsuya are going to different colleges. She is enjoying a prosperous career in gymnastics while he gets entangled in the life of a girl from his campus. Both notice that they are irrevocably drifting apart.
- TV-Series, 42 (1983)Aishite KnightToei Animation Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~20minYaeko Mitamura is an 18 year old girl working in her father's Okonomiyaki restaurant. One day Yakko casually meets a little boy, Hashizo and his odd cat Juliano. Hashizo has lost both parents when still a baby and has been brought up by his elder brother. Hashizo's brother Go Kato is the lead singer of the emerging rock band "Bee Hive". When Yakko meets Go and his friend and "Bee Hive" member Satomi Okawa an unexpected series of events unfolds.
- Web, 1 (2018)Baby I Love You DazeBONES Inc.RomanceOriginal Work~4min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)A Good Librarian Like a Good ShepherdHoods Entertainment Inc., Felix FilmRomanceVisual Novel~24minKyōtarō Kakei has always had an affinity towards books in hopes to find answers to his life. With a mentor's promise, he continues to search for a book with his absolute hope. However, this changes when he receives a foretelling message saying that "Today, something will happen that will change your fate. --From the Shepherd." Due to this premonition, his normal school life at Shiomoi Academy becomes entangled due to the optimistic Tsugumi Shirasaki and the Shimoi Happy Project.
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)MahorabaJ.C.STAFFRomanceManga~24minShiratori Ryuushi is a young artist-in-training, about to start studying at a vocational school. Arriving at his new lodgings, Narutakisou, he finds himself the focus of attention for the collection of weirdos that inhabit the place. He also meets and falls for the landlady, Aoba Kozue, who seems to be both lovely and charming. However, Kozue is not what she seems to be... in fact, she's more.
- OVA, 6 (2005)I"s PurePierrot Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~28minThe course of true love never did run smooth, and hapless Ichitaka has a ton of obstacles to overcome to win the heart of his classmate and budding actress Iori: pranks and misunderstandings, stalkers, and romantic intervention, but most of all staying true to one's feelings. Are the two "I"s destined to find happiness together, or does fate have other ideas?
- TV-Special, 6 (2013)Koitabi: True Tours NantoP.A. Works Co., Ltd.Romance~7minYouji and Chiaki have been together for 5 years, but Youji decides to transfer jobs. They both struggle to come to terms with their relationship and what will become of it.
- Other, 1 (2014)Tsubasa to HotaruJ.C.STAFFRomanceManga~14minTsubasa Sonokawa is a 15-year old high school girl who fell in love with her upperclassman when he saved her after she fainted at the train station from anemia. She thought it was a meeting of fate, and visited him at his class every day. However, he told her that her feelings were "heavy," and he dumped her. She once again meets a boy after taking over her friend Yuri's job as boy's basketball team manager. She learns that she might have more of a connection with this boy named Aki than she first thought. (from manga)
- OVA, 6 (1992)Video Girl AiProduction I.G., Inc.RomanceManga~29minWandering the streets after having his heart thoroughly broken, Yota Moteuchi stumbles across a video shop he'd never noticed before: Gokuraku, as in "paradise." Nervous he'll be spotted checking out the "adult section, Yota quickly pulls off the shelf -- one that looks promising, but not too promising... Video Girl Ai. Out of the TV steps his dream girl, dedicated to making him happy whether he likes it or not!
- OVA, 1 (2014)12-sai.: Kiss, Kirai, SukiSynergySP Co. ,Ltd.RomanceManga~14minHanahi, a girl who attends the sixth grade, is an adolescent pupil. She is concerned about mundane stuff, like the physiological changes of her friends, and the fact that her class teacher was kissed right in front of her.
- TV-Series, 12 (2005)LamunePicture Magic Inc., Trinet Entertainment, Inc.RomanceVisual Novel~23minLamune tells the story of a boy named Kenji and his childhood friend Nanami. Although, everyone seems to know that they have a relationship, neither are determined to push it anymore than close friends. The story goes through flashbacks, explaining why they are such close friends and any action doesn't seem to push them apart, but draw them closer.
- Bonus, 6 (2012)Amagami SS Plus SpecialsRomanceVisual Novel~3minSix short episodes, showing Jun'ichi and one of the female protagonists per episode in various situations.
- TV-Series, 13 (2006)Gakuen HeavenTokyo Kids Co.,Ltd.RomanceVisual Novel~26minto Keita has one thing in his favor: luck! And luck has just landed him a special invitation to attend the Bell Liberty Academy for Boys, and exclusive High School only for the most privileged, the most talented, and the most beautiful. When a strange accident on move-in day attracts the attention of Niwa Tetsuya, the student body president, and Saionji Kaoru, the class secretary, Ito finds himself the center of attention. With the eyes of a whole school of pretty boys on him, where will Ito find the time to unravel the mystery of his mysterious invitation?
- TV-Series, 16 (2015)The Disappearance of Nagato Yuki-ChanSatelight Inc.RomanceManga~25minTaking place in the alternate reality of the world Nagato created, everyone finds themselves in different situations. Yuki Nagato, who is not an alien but a cute, shy bookworm is desperate to keep the Literature Club alive. With the help of her best friend Ryoko Asukura, who is no longer a psychotic killer and Kyon, a very sarcastic guy who is still very sarcastic whether he's in the old world or the new one, do all they can to help Yuki. Later on in the story, Yuki meets Mikuru Asahina, a cute moe blob and Tsurya-san who is Mikuru's best friend, along with Haruhi Suzumiya who is an eccentric girl with an interest in aliens, time travelers, and espers, and Itsuki Koizumi, a "mysterious" transfer student who attends the same school as Haruhi. The seven not only hang out together, but do all they can to help Yuki have hope and also help her blossom in personality.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Norn9Orange Co., Ltd., Kinema CitrusRomanceVisual Novel~24minThe era where great powers of the world have all ventured overseas. Revolution and liberalism spread all over the world. Right when souls and earth are ill, a glowing sphere appeared in the sky, and removed the borders of the world. Three girls and nine young men depart together with a flying ship.
- OVA, 1 (1992)SequenceRomance~40minNot related to the manga with the same title
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)12-sai.: Chicchana Mune no TokimekiOLM, Inc.RomanceManga~24min
- Web, 1 (2007)Candy Boy: Side Story for ArchiveRomance~14minThe very first episode of Candy Boy. The twin sisters Yukino and Kanade Sakurai share a room in the dorms at their high school enjoying school life. But everything is about to change when Sakuya Kamiyama seeks out for Yukino to admit her love for Kanade and ask for support, while Kanade is told by a friend about Sakuya's admiration for Yukino. These events lead to Yukino realizing her feelings for her twin sister.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)Nanatsuiro Dropsdiomedéa inc.RomanceVisual Novel~25minTsuwabuki is a normal student, though not very social. One day he meets a new transfer student, named Sumomo Akihime, and another girl, both the only members of the gardening club. Tsuwabuki is forced by a teacher to join this club. But then he bumps into a strange guy with dog ears, switching his drink with they guy's by mistake. Drinking it, he is turned in a stuffed animal. The teacher tells him that the only way to turn back to normal is to find the chosen girl and let her catch the seven stardrops. This girl is Sumomo, who agrees to help him, though she's not allowed to know the animal's true identity.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Denshinbashira Elemi no KoiRomanceOriginal Work~45min
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)UtakoiYumeta Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~25minThe "Hyakunin Isshu" are an anthology of one hundred poems found in a trational Japanese card game called Karuta. The show is introduced by the person who selected the writings, Fujiwara no Teika. This is a glimpse into the origin of some of them. Since the majority of them are love compositions, the focus remains on romance in ancient Japan.
- TV-Series, 24 (2005)Canvas 2: Niji Iro no SketchZEXCS Inc.RomanceVisual Novel~24minKamikura Hiroki is an art student at the local school Nadesico Achedemy (High School and colledge level) that tends to be an arts teacher in the future. He is also the advisor to the high school arts society where his cousin, Housen Ellse attends. While Ellse is a painter like Hiroki, Hiroki seems to have given up on his dreams and no longer paints. There appears to be some mysterious trauma in the past for both of them that have changed them. Meanwhile, the high school hires a new PE teacher, Kikyo Kiri. On the first day, she bumps into Hiroki and is stunned. Here is the boy she confessed to and he refused her...
- TV-Series, 26 (2003)Ultra ManiacProduction Reed Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~23minAyu Tateishi is in her second year of junior high school and is known as the cool popular tennis club girl that all the other girls idolize. To tell the truth, Ayu only acts cool in order to impress Tetsushi Kaji of the school baseball club. Then, one day, Ayu meets Nina Sakura, a transfer student who had found Ayu's missing purse. Nina's strange personality had left Ayu a little perplexed. Furthermore, Ayu finds out that Nina is a witch that came from the kingdom of magic to study abroad. This is a story of one girl's hope of love and another girl's study of magic and their friendship to overcome the challenges set before them.
- TV-Series, 11 (2009)Genji Monogatari SennenkiTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd., Tezuka Productions Co., Ltd.RomanceNovel~25minBorn from a much loved, but lowly ranked concubine, Genji Hikaru is called the Shining Prince and is the beloved second son of the Emperor. Although he cannot be an heir to the throne of his father, Genji spends his life surrounded by every pleasure and love. And yet, his one longing in love is something that even the power of an Emperor can never give him.
- TV-Special, 1 (2014)Ookami Shoujo to Kuro Ouji: SoushuuhenYumeta Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~24min
- OVA, 9 (1991)Ai Monogatari: 9 Love StoriesAnimate FilmRomance~10minNine love stories that use famous songs as theme. A man remembers his first love. A woman meets her team's star rugby player after many years. A salaryman runs away with a gangster's girlfriend. A man returns to his hometown where his former girlfriend disappeared. A man starts to have second thoughts near his wedding. A man plans his break-up. The leader of a mob falls in love with a hostess. A bar owner starts a relationship with a baseball star. A carefree reporter and his stern colleague agree to meet on a Christmas eve.
- TV-Special, 1 (2017)Tsukigakirei: The Road So Farfeel.RomanceOriginal Work~24min
- OVA, 1 (2000)KiraraProduction Reed Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~39minWhile heading towards her own wedding, Kirara Imai dies in a car accident. Deeply frustrated for being unable to accomplish her dreams beside Konpei Asai, she asks for the opportunity of being with him once again. Kirara is able to return, but she goes back eight years in time as a ghost. There she is able to meet Konpei and herself when they still weren't a couple.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Convenience Store Boy FriendsPierrot Co., Ltd.RomanceOriginal Work~24min
- Movie, 2 (2015)Gekijouban Meiji Tokyo RenkaStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.RomanceVisual Novel~60minOn an evening lit by a crimson full moon, an ordinary high school girl named Mei Ayazuki meets a self-proclaimed magician named Charlie at a festival. Through Charlie's magic, she time-travels to the Meiji era in Tokyo, where she meets and falls in love with various great historical figures from that time period.
- OVA, 1 (1992)Houkago no Tinker BellRomance~45minA member of the school broadcasting club suddenly disappears and rumors point towards a student who died in the previous year. His mysterious last message said that he would become Peter Pan. Kenichi and Misako, two friends of the missing girl's boyfriend, find themselves completely wrapped up in this puzzling case.
- Movie, 1 (1983)Nine: Original HanRomanceManga~71min
- Movie, 1 (2013)Hinata no AoshigureStudio Colorido Co., Ltd.RomanceOriginal Work~18min
- Bonus, 1 (2003)Ai Yori Aoshi: Enishi - MiyukiRomanceManga~16minThis Christmas special is set long before the beginning of the first season. It's Christmas time and guess who's visiting him - Santa Claus - a beautiful young lady who's suspiciously looking like Aoi. After bailing her out, she's spending her time with Kaoru while allowing him to call her like the girl he used to know in his early days.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)H2O: Footprints in the SandZEXCS Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minTakuma Hirose, a blind young male high school student, though the cause for his blindness is undetermined. After his mother died an unexpected death, it left a deep emotional scar on him, which caused him to become very lonely and reserved. Due to this, Takuma move from the city out into a rural area and Takuma is enrolled into a new high school. At his new school, he meets several new girls, though three of whom he gets to know the most out of anyone else. They are, the firm and obstinate Hayami Kohinata, the kind and obliging Hinata Kagura, and the cheerful and mysterious Otoha. As Takuma interacts with these girls, his medical condition gradually begins to heal.
- TV-Special, 1 (1993)Ocean WavesStudio GhibliRomanceNovel~72minKochi is your average coastal town on the sleepy, idyllic island of Shikoku and young Taku is definitely your average high school student. But soon his quiet life will be turned upside down with the arrival of Rikako: a beautiful, female student recently transferred from Tokyo. By the end of term Taku will have learnt a valuable lesson in love and friendship.
- Bonus, 1 (2014)Brothers Conflict: Desperate DesireBrain's BaseRomance~14min