- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 37 (2006)Death NoteMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~23minLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal...or his life? Light tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know?
- TV-Series, 24 (2011)Steins;GateWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~24minThe story takes place in Akihabara, Tokyo. Rintarou Okabe, a self-proclaimed mad scientiest, is an eccentric person who heads a Futuristic Gadget Research Laboratory. Together with his friends, Mayuri Shiina and Itaru Hashida, he invents all sorts of things that, in actual fact, often don't have a practical use. Later, he accidently builds a time machine, the Phone Microwave. Contrary to his very own belief, the time machine actually works: From now onwards, he is able to send short mails through time to change the past and, eventually, affect the present. Over the course of the story, Okabe Rintarou admits many other people as new members of his Future Gadget Lab like Kurisu Makise, an extremely intelligent 18-year-old scientist. Soon afterwards, the organisation SERN, that also does research on time travel, becomes aware of Rintarou and his effort to revolutionize the process of travelling through time.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)ErasedA-1 Pictures Inc.ThrillerManga~23minProtagonist Satoru Fujinuma possesses a supernatural ability which he calls “Revival.” This power causes him to time travel and sends him right back to before the occurance of certain life-threatening events, enabling him to prevent these tragedies. When his life is being turned upside-down after having been discharged from the hospital, Satoru’s ability triggers and he is sent back to when he was an elementary school student—to around the time when his classmate Kayo went missing. Now it is on him to solve the mystery surrounding a series of kidnappings and to protect his childhood friends.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Steins;Gate: The Movie - Load Region of Deja VuWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~90minKurisu has returned to Akihabara after a year in America, and although she and Okabe have a somewhat romantic reunion, their time together does not last long. Okabe begins to have images of other timelines, and ultimately disappears from everyone's sights and memories. Kurisu must fight against her own heart to decide whether to follow the path of a scientist and follow Okabe's words to not go back in time to get him back, or let her emotions drive her to save her most precious person, no matter what dangerous effects it may have on the world.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)The Promised NeverlandCloverWorksHorrorManga~23min
- TV-Series, 74 (2004)MonsterMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~24minDr. Kenzo Tenma is a neurosurgeon who lives in the City of Dusseldorf. He is one of the very best neurosurgeons in Germany because of his social and medical skills. He loves people and always makes the best of every operation. Nevertheless, he feels ill at ease because of the decisions of the superiors: He has to give important and rich people preference to increase the reputation of the hospital. This is incompatible with Tenma's own opinion on equality. Over the course of the story, Tenma has to treat several patients and he is forced to prefer the people who are more important and influential. Later, he notices what he did, when he is ordered to operate a politician instead of a small boy who suffers from enormous blood loss – as a result of a head shot – . Tenma decides to ignore the order and continue operating on this small boy named Johann. However, soon it becomes clear to Tenma that Johann is not just a "normal" boy.
- TV-Series, 23 (2018)Steins;Gate 0White FoxThrillerVisual Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Terror in ResonanceMAPPA Co., Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work~23minOne summer day, a terrorist attack strikes Tokyo. The perpetrators are two boys who call themselves "Sphinx." The attack was just the beginning of the grandiose game they are playing that will envelop all of Japan.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)One OutsMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~23minHiromichi Kojima, the star batter of the Lycaons, heads to Okinawa to train and bring himself out of a slump. There, he meets Toua Tokuchi, a 134 km/h (83 mph) pitcher and the undisputed king of a gambling form of baseball called "One Out". At Kojima's urging, Tokuchi signs up with the Lycaons. His contract differs form the usual, though, in that he gets 5,000,000 yen for every out he pitches, but loses 50,000,000 yen for every point he gives up.
- TV-Series, 26 (2011)Future DiaryasreadThrillerManga~24minYukiteru Amano (Yuki) is a loner who never really interact with people and prefers writing a diary on his cell phone with his only companion being an imaginary friend named Deus Ex Machina, the God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is not a figment of his imagination but real when Deus makes him a participant in a battle royale with eleven others. Within this "Diary Game", the contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future with each diary having unique features that gives them both advantages and disadvantages.
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)Kaiji: Ultimate SurvivorMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~23minItou Kaiji is a bum who steals car emblems and slashes tires on what seems to be a regular basis. This routine changes one day when he is paid a visit by a man in a trench-coat. Once the two get talking, it seems that the visitor (Calling himself Endou) is a debt collector. The reason for his visit is an unpaid loan which kaiji had previously co-signed for a work-mate (Furuhata Takeshi). The original loan was 30000 yen and once Takeshi had disappeared, the loan then fell on Kaiji. Kaiji is then told of a way to clear the interest compounded debt (which stood at 3,850,000 yen), which involved getting on a boat with others in his position. Once on the boat the debtors would then have to gamble with loaned money, which would end with a few winning, and others getting into deeper debt and having to work to pay of their debts. After some coercing kaiji accepts a position on the boat, in order to clear himself and make a bit of money as well...
- TV-Series, 26 (2011)Kaiji: Against All RulesMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~23minAfter the events at the Starside Hotel, Kaiji Itou finds himself living his miserable lifestyle once again. Captured by the Teiai group to which he owns a lot of money, he is thrown into an underground forced labor camp where he must pay off his debt by doing harsh manual work. Kaiji becomes desperate as it is expected that he lives in this hellhole for the next 15 years.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Durarara!! X2 The First ArcShuka Inc.ThrillerLight Novel~24minA half a year after the the war of the Yellow Scarves, Ikebukuro has begun to return to normal. High school is in session, Izaya is back to scheming, and Celty, the legendary headless rider, is still chased by the police as she rides through the town. But a few unusual things have slipped into the mix. Gradually, thanks to outside elements, Ikebukuro will be thrown back into chaos.
- TV-Series, 11 (2009)Eden of the EastProduction I.G., Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work~23minAkira Takizawa wakes up naked outside the White House with no memories. He’s got a gun in one hand, a cell phone in the other, and doesn’t know if he’s a good guy or one of the worst. He doesn’t remember the phone gives him instant access to ten billion yen and a woman who can make his most outlandish requests a reality. He doesn’t recall his connection to the ongoing missile attacks terrorizing the Japanese people. Or the part he played in the sudden disappearance of 20,000 shut-ins. He doesn’t even remember he’s supposed to save Japan and will be murdered if he fails. Whatever it is he’s tangled up in, Takizawa’s definitely in deep – and that’s not even scratching the surface.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Ajin: Demi-Human 2Polygon PicturesThrillerManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)91 DaysShuka Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work~24min
- Bonus, 1 (2015)Steins Gate: Episode 23 βWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Ajin: Demi-HumanPolygon PicturesThrillerManga~24min17 years ago, immortals first appeared on the battlefields of Africa. Later, rare, unknown new immortal lifeforms began appearing among humans, and they became known as "Ajin" (demi-humans). Just before summer vacation, a Japanese high school student is instantly killed in a traffic accident on his way home from school. However, he is revived, and a price is placed on his head. Thus begins a boy's life on the run from all of humankind.
- Movie, 1 (1998)Perfect BlueMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerNovel~82minMima is an ex-pop idol who was worshipped by the masses before fashion dictated otherwise. In order to salvage her career, she decides to drop music and pursue acting. A soap opera role is offered but Mima's character is less clean cut than desired. Regardless, she agrees and events take a turn for the worse. She begins to feel reality slip. She discovers her identical twin, a mirror image that hasn't given up singing. Internet sites appear describing every intimate detail of her life and a figure stalks her from the shadows. Her friends and associates are threatened, and killed, as Mima descends into a dangerous world of paranoid delusion. She fears for her life and must unravel fact from illusion in order to stay alive.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Kakegurui XXMAPPA Co., Ltd.ThrillerManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2009)Eden of the East the Movie I: The King of EdenProduction I.G., Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work~82minThe intrigue goes international in The King of Eden, a feature-length conspiracy thriller that continues the action of Eden of the East. The deadly game that began in Japan now intensifies on the streets of New York City. The rules are the same: do whatever it takes to win. Die if you lose. Takizawa prevented Japan's destruction - and then he vanished. Six months later, clues lead Saki to the Big Apple in search of her missing friend. Meanwhile, the remaining Selecao are plotting their final move. Some of them would prefer Takizawa dead and out of the way. Some might even be willing to help him achieve his goals. Unfortunately, some are prepared to destroy everything if it means claiming checkmate in Mr. Outside's puzzling game.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)KakeguruiMAPPA Co., Ltd.ThrillerManga~24min
- Web, 4 (2018)Angels of Death (Episodes 13-16)J.C.STAFFThrillerVideo Game~24min
- Movie, 1 (2010)Eden of the East the Movie II: Paradise LostProduction I.G., Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work~92minAccused of terrorism and feeling the heat, Saki's high-tech crew is in the crosshairs. Meanwhile, the shroud of mystery covering Takizawa is lifted as he and his fellow Selecao make their final moves. Every game must come to an end. For those playing Mr. Outside's twisted game of conspiracy thrills, the end comes now.
- Movie, 1 (2000)Jin-Roh: The Wolf BrigadeProduction I.G., Inc.ThrillerManga~102min10 years have passed since war changed the face of Japan a Japan which now burns with the fire of civil unrest. Fueled by rampant crime and poverty a well armed anti-government group has risen amongst the people; with the intent of stopping the government through its terrorist plots. To combat this group an elite group of heavily-armored soldiers was formed trained like dogs these men were to combat the growing unrest with extreme and severe prejudice; these men were the Capitol Police. However when Constable Fuse a member of the Capitol Police hesitates to kill a young courier he is forced to face his own humanity and ultimately decide - is it better to live as a chained dog? Or die a free man?
- Bonus, 1 (2015)Durarara!! X2 The First Arc OVAShuka Inc.ThrillerLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)AkagiMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~24minOne stormy night, Nangou is playing a game of Mahjong with the local yakuza. Soon, he finds himself on a losing streak. If Nangou loses, he will have to pay with his life. Suddenly, a young teenaged boy, Akagi Shigeru, barges in, drenched from the rain. After watching a couple of games, he offers to replace the struggling Nangou. At that moment, a new legend was born.
- Movie, 3 (2015)Ajin (Movie)Polygon PicturesThrillerManga~120min
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Phi-Brain: Puzzle of God Season 3SUNRISE Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work~24minJin Makata, Kaito's childhood mentor, has yet to recover his lost memory. One day, the girl Raetsel appears in front of him, Kaito and Rook. She claims that Jin actually hated puzzles so much he founded an organization called Master Brain to eradicate puzzles from this world. While various members of Master Brain come to challenge Kaito and his friends, the biggest puzzle remains: Whether Jin hated puzzles or, as Kaito belives, loved them.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Angels of DeathJ.C.STAFFThrillerVideo Game~24min
- Web, 10 (2018)Devilman CrybabyScience SARU Inc.ThrillerManga~25min
- TV-Series, 11 (2011)C: Control - The Money and Soul of PossibilityTatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work~24minFull-time college student Kimimaro works his fingers to the bone, but he's still flat broke. That is until an odd fellow invites him to the Financial District, a parallel world where he can increase his cash flow ‒ if he'll invest his future as collateral.
- TV-Series, 22 (2012)Robotics;NotesProduction I.G., Inc.ThrillerVisual Novel~23minKai and Aki dream of building a giant fighting robot based on a super-popular anime, but that’s going to be impossible if they don’t get more members into their school’s Robot Research Club. They’ll take anyone they can talk—or force—into joining them, including an eccentric robotics champion with a secret identity and a l33t video-game designer who’s spent one too many late nights online. Finally, their goal looks like it’s within reach. But when a sentient AI program tells Kai about mysterious documents hidden on the internet, things start to get strange for everyone. As the club members track down the secret messages, they realize that the information might be far bigger—and more dangerous—than they expected.
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)Danganronpa: The AnimationLercheCrimeVideo Game~24minBeing just a normal student without a special talent, Makoto Naegi wins a lottery to attend the prestigious Hope's Peak Academy where only the top prodigies attend. However, instead of this being the beginning of a wonderful high school life, it's a ticket to despair, because the only way to graduate from Hope's Peak Academy is to kill one of your fellow students or be one of their victims.
- OVA, 3 (2014)Imawa no Kuni no AliceSILVER LINK., CONNECTThrillerManga~23minThe story follows a group of three friends who suddenly awaken in a completely different alternate world. At first they think it's all a dream or a joke, but they soon realize that the only way to survive in this world is to participate and win deadly survival games.
- Web, 12 (2018)Mi Yu Xing ZheThriller~25min
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Phi Brain: Puzzle of God - The Orpheus OrderSUNRISE Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work~25minNot too long after the events of Daimon Kaito's last battle with the POG organization, he must now face the Orpheus Order, a group that views the Armband of Orpheus as a necessary step for human evolution. Since Kaito ended up discarding his armband, he is targeted as a primary enemy of the mysterious faction.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Joker GameProduction I.G., Inc.ThrillerNovel~24minIn 1937, before World War II begins in earnest. Lieutenant Colonel Yūki of the Imperial Japanese Army forms the "D Agency," an army intelligence outfit under his command and tutelage. Army General Staff attaches Lieutenant Sakuma to observe the unit's performance. D Agency casts a wide net to find agents beyond Japanese military personnel, and Yūki establishes D Agency's tenets, which go against IJA doctrine: "Don't kill, don't get killed, don't get captured." With this, Yūki trains a team of operatives who conduct missions against domestic and foreign powers.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Eden of the East: Air CommunicationProduction I.G., Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work~124minThis "movie" is a re-editing of the 11 television episodes of Higashi no Eden done personally by its director.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)Moonlight MileStudio Hibari Co., Ltd.ThrillerManga~24minDaredevils Goro Saruwatari and Jack “Lostman” Woodbridge climbed every daunting peak on planet Earth, but they couldn’t quench their desire to go even higher. Now, the adventurers vow to conquer space no matter what the cost. And when a precious source of energy is discovered on Mars, Goro and Lostman suddenly find their dreams within reach. They blast off for the far reaches of the galaxy seeking fame and fast women, but discover that hitching a ride on a rocket can get you burned. Undaunted, the astronauts throw caution to the wind and learn that the distance between a hero and his destiny is only a moonlight mile.