- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 64 (2009)Fullmetal Alchemist: BrotherhoodBONES Inc.AdventureManga~25minEdward and Alphonse Elric’s reckless disregard for alchemy’s fundamental laws ripped half of Ed’s limbs from his body and left Al’s soul clinging to a cold suit of armor. To restore what was lost, the brothers scour a war-torn land for the Philosopher’s Stone, a fabled relic which grants the ability to perform alchemy in impossible ways. The Elrics are not alone in their search; the corrupt State Military is eager to harness the artifact’s power. So too are the strange Homunculi and their shadowy creator. The mythical gem lures exotic alchemists from distant kingdoms, scarring some deeply enough to inspire murder. As the Elrics find their course altered by these enemies and allies, their purpose remains unchanged – and their bond unbreakable.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave Films Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~107minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- TV-Series, 24 (2008)Clannad After StoryKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minA few months have passed since Tomoya declared his love to Nagisa. Now their relationship is entering a new phase, and neither is quite sure where it will take them. As their friends move on to lives of their own, Tomoya and Nagisa get ready to start a family of their own. But Nagisa's health has always been precarious, and an event that should bring nothing but joy delivers tragedy instead. Now Tomoya must learn to accept the bitter with the sweet and to understand that the most important thing is to hold onto love, no matter what.
- TV-Series, 43 (1999)GTO: Great Teacher OnizukaPierrot Co., Ltd.DramaManga~26minEikichi Onizuka is the teacher in every parent's nightmares, which may be the reason so many ninth-graders adore him. Built like a brick sushi bar, the 22-year-old Onizuka is a second-degree black belt in karate, a former biker, a foul-mouthed chain-smoker, and a lecher. But he's fanatically devoted to the idea of being a teacher and cares passionately about his students. Onizuka administers a broadly comic mixture of tough love and Clint Eastwood-style vigilante justice, which is just what's needed. Every student at Holy Forest Middle School seems to be a misfit, a thug, a bully, and/or the product of an unhappy home. Onizuka's actions bring him into conflict with parents, rival teachers, the PTA, various watchdog groups, and the sniveling vice-principal, none of whom can stop him.
- TV-Series, 51 (2015)Gintama (Episodes 266-316)BANDAI NAMCO Pictures Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Gintama (Episodes 253-265)SUNRISE Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24minSakata Gintoki, Kagura, and Shinpachi Shimura continue to scrape a living as freelance jack-of-all-trades at Edo while amidst the several odd humans and aliens that inhabit the peculiar metropolis.
- TV-Series, 51 (2011)Gintama (Episodes 202-252)SUNRISE Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~25minAfter a break of one year everyone at odd jobs changed. Gintoki became a true hero while Kagura matured to a true beauty. Only Shinpachi seems to be left out. Unable to get used to his changed environment he tries to find a fitting place to stay just to end up with the Shinsengumi. But they weren't left out. Hijikata is now a sissy while Yamazaki mutated to an anpan-addicted bad ass. But it seems there's a dark secret behind all the changes. Can Shimpanchi and Hijikata solve the mystery and change everything back to how it was?
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Gintama (Episodes 317-328)BANDAI NAMCO Pictures Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 148 (2011)Hunter x Hunter (2011)MADHOUSE Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minGon Freecss' father abandoned him as a baby in order to become a Hunter, an elite class with a license to go anywhere or do almost anything. Now 12 years old, Gon wishes to follow in his father's footsteps and become a great Hunter. While Gon faces the unexpected challenges the Hunter Examination throws at him, he makes friends with three other candidates: Kurapika, Leorio, and Killua.
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)My Hero Academia Season 3BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2013)Gekijouban Gintama Kanketsuhen: Yorozuya yo Eien NareSUNRISE Inc.Action ComedyManga~110minWhile watching a movie, Gintoki comes upon a "movie thief," a figure in Japanese culture often depicted as a man with a video camera as a head. After scolding the movie thief for his actions, he finds himself warped into another world via the camera lens. In this world, 5 years have passed, and not only has the land of Edo changed into an apocalyptic wasteland, but Kagura has changed into a beautiful woman with no Chinese speech pattern, Shinpachi has turned into a cool samurai who is not a tsukkomi anymore, and the Gintoki of this time has gone missing, though he is assumed to be dead. Gintoki is determined to find out the truth of the deadly sickness that is ravaging Edo, and also to understand the feelings of Kagura and Shinpachi, who have been trying to deal with their leader's disappearance.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Weathering With YouCoMix Wave Films Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~114minIn the original anime Tenki no Ko we follow the high school student Hodaka Morishima, who is sick of life on his small home island cut off from the outside world and thus moves from there to Tokyo. No sooner has he arrived in the urban metropolitan jungle housing millions than he has to realize that he is broke … He spends his days in isolation and lives from hand to mouth until one day he finally gets a job as an author for a rather questionable occultism magazine. However, Hodaka doesn’t go about work with real motivation until he meets Hina in the hustle and bustle of the big city. Hina lives alone with her younger brother and even though they don’t have much, they still live a happy life. She knows how to inspire the young Hodaka not only with her cheerful nature, but also with her very special ability: she can influence the weather and on a rainy day she can let the sun shine as if by command … As the relationship between the two young people develops, however, dark clouds emerge over their seemingly carefree lives, for a girl who dares intervene with the laws of nature must be prepared to pay a heavy price …!
- TV-Series, 26 (2009)Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! - New ChallengerMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~25minIn spite of his title Ippo still fells not strong enough. In order to gain this strength he tries to set himself new aims. In the beginning this endeavour isn't easy at all, while the events around him keep getting on. Besides his title fight for the world championship, he awaits the battle with Eiji Date, who challenges the mexican champion after seven years. Can Ippo overcome his weaknesses and defend his title to reach the top of the boxing world?
- TV-Series, 10 (2016)Haikyu!! 3rd SeasonProduction I.G., Inc.GanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 11 (2011)Bunny DropProduction I.G., Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minDaikichi, a 30-year-old bachelor, meets the 6-year-old girl Rin at his grandfather Souichi's funeral. It is there that Daikichi and his family learn that Rin is Souichi's direct descendant. When the topic of who would care for her comes up, the family shirks all responsibility of raising this "shameful" child. Reacting emotionally, Daikichi declares his intention to take Rin into his home. This is the story of two very different individuals coming together under one roof and learning what it means to be a family, an experience that teaches Daikichi what it means to be a parent.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)One Punch ManMADHOUSE Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minOne-Punch Man is a super hero who has trained so hard that his hair has fallen out, and who can overcome any enemy with one punch. However, because he is so strong, he has become bored and frustrated with winning all his battles so easily. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 75 (2000)Fighting SpiritMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~24minIppo Makunouchi's gentle spirit and lack of confidence make him an easy target for the bullies at his high school who regularly beat him up. Then, he's rescued from a beating by Takamura, a larger-than-life professional boxer who inspires Ippo to learn the art of boxing. After passing one of Takamura's outrageous tests, Ippo attempts to join the Kamogawa Boxing Club, but Chief Kamogawa refuses to believe Ippo has a fighter's spirit and requires Ippo to spar with Miyata, an extraordinarily talented and skilled boxer. Can Ippo even survive the first round?!
- TV-Series, 25 (2017)My Hero Academia Season 2BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2019)My Hero Academia Season 4BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minMy Hero Academia enters its fourth round and continues the story of Deku, Shouto, Katsuki, and the rest of the young hero crew. After the bitter battle between All Might and All for One, life goes on, but with the official and public end of All Might’s hero career, the future is uncertain and without the “Symbol of Peace”, fear slowly creeps into people’s hearts. Thus it is necessary to swiftly find a new number 1 and train a generation of young heroes who will one day be able to take over the tasks of their predecessors. All Mights last words, too, are still ringing in everyone’s head—“Now it’s your turn!” To whom was the hero referring then? Endeavour? Deku? Or perhaps each and every young and aspiring hero? The media also deal with this question and so Deku’s class at UA gets a surprise visit from a reporter who wants to get to the bottom of it! Which of them is All Might’s successor?! While Deku and his friends have to deal with the media, their training, internships, and the expectations of the world, something is stirring in the shadows … Not only the League of Villains under Tomura Shigaraki, but also the Mafia smells their chance after the fall of All Might …!
- TV-Series, 22 (2014)Your Lie in AprilA-1 Pictures Inc.Sentimental DramaManga~23minKōsei Arima was a piano prodigy until his mother died when he was eleven years old. The shock of losing her made him lose any interest in piano, and his life has felt monotonous ever since. Then, when he's fourteen, his childhood friend Tsubaki introduces him to her classmate Kaori, a free-spirited violinist. Her enthusiasm reignites his interest in music and in life.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Toradora!J.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyLight Novel~25minDue to his frightening appearance, Ryuuji lives a rather unfortunate life. On the first day of his junior year of high school, he meets a strange girl named Taiga - better known as the Palm-top Tiger! Despite looking small and cute, she's extremely short-tempered, and nobody can stop her once she starts throwing punches. However, Ryuuji learns a secret about Taiga that nobody else knows... The dragon and the tiger join forces to bring you a monolithic romantic comedy!
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Kaguya-Sama: Love is War?A-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~25min
- TV-Series, 25 (2015)Haikyu!! 2nd SeasonProduction I.G., Inc.GanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2020)Fruits Basket 2nd SeasonTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting!MAPPA Co., Ltd., MADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~24minIppo continues to defend his Japanese Featherweight title from an ever stronger pool of challengers. Meanwhile, Takamura challenges for his second WBC title in the middleweight class, and Aoki challenges for the Japanese Lightweight title and Coach Kamogawa and Nekota reminisce about their days as prizefighters after WWII.
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)The Rising of the Shield HeroKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Made in AbyssKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~24min
- TV-Series, 47 (2006)NanaMADHOUSE Inc.Romantic DramaManga~23minTwo girls with the same name leave their old lives behind and come to Tokyo to start fresh--what adventures await these two hopeful young women under the bright lights of the big city? Nana Osaki wants nothing more than to make it big as the singer of a rock 'n' roll band, while Nana Komatsu wants to put her life in motion and get her new relationship off to a good start. When the two Nanas fall in love with the same apartment, they become roommates and then best friends, and the party has just begun!
- TV-Series, 24 (2015)Food Wars! Shokugeki no SomaJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~25minSoma Yukihira is a son of a restaurant owner. He's talented at cooking and can make new dishes, mostly weird and epic combinations (squid and peanut butter) but this wide imagination of his also led him to create wonderful and unique foods. However, two to three years from now, the restaurant is on the verge of closing since his father will be working together with his friend. Before the time comes, Soma began studying in Engetsu Teahouse Culinary Academy, Japan's top culinary academy. For him to continue their restaurant business, he must learn and improve his cooking skills in this prestigious academy.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime8bitAdventureLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Haikyu!! To the TopProduction I.G., Inc.GanbatteManga~24minWith “Haikyuu!! To the Top,” the anime adaptation of the ganbatte manga enters its 4th season, which was broadcast in two parts. After defeating their opponents from the Shiratorizawa Academy, Karasuno High School’s volleyball team have finally qualified for the prestigious national tournament. In preparation for this important event, the training phase begins for everyone. The brilliant player Tobio Kageyama, also known as the “King of the Court,” has been invited to the “All-Japan Youth Training Camp” in Tokyo and will have the privilege of training with the best of the best, making him one of the most respected players in the country. Midfielder Kei Tsukishima has also been invited to a special training camp in the Miyagi prefecture for the promotion of young talents in the first high-school years. Only Shouyou Hinata doesn’t receive an invitation—which is quite depressing for him. However, Shouyou does not give in and decides to sneak into the same camp as Kei. Although he only scores a job as a ball boy, he still views this as a great opportunity, not only to reflect on his own abilities as a volleyball player, but also to thoroughly analyse his environment and the playing styles of the other participants in order to further develop himself.
- TV-Series, 22 (2017)March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2SHAFT Inc.DramaManga~25min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Gintama (Episodes 342-353)BANDAI NAMCO Pictures Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Special, 7 (2017)Owarimonogatari Second SeasonSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~23min
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Food Wars! The Third PlateJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Food Wars! The Third Plate (Totsuki Train-Arc)J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 14 (2018)Gintama (Episodes 354-367)BANDAI NAMCO Pictures Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Bakuman Season 3J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24minMoritaka Mashiro and Akito Takagi have come a long way since they started making manga in middle school, but trials still await them as they head towards their goal of getting an anime adaptation for one of their manga. As they continue to grow as artists and as people, they will be faced with new friends, new rivals, and new hurdles to overcome.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming GirlCloverWorksRomantic DramaLight Novel~89minGekijouban Seishun Buta Yarou wa Yumemiru Shoujo no Yume o Minai, the anime film of the “Seishun Buta Yarou” light novel, focuses on its sixth and seventh volumes. This time the plot focuses on Sakuta’s first love Shouko Makinohara. While Shouko, as a middle school student, continues to take care of her little cat Hayate, who still lives at Sakuta and Kaede’s, she doesn’t seem to be able to ask her parents if she can take the cat home with her. After Shouko leaves the Azusagawa household, it’s finally time for Sakuta to devote himself fully to his beloved Mai, but the sweet togetherness doesn’t last long, for no sooner had she started cooking than the doorbell rings … and there’s none other than Shouko Makinohara—the high school student! After Kaede gets tired of the two girls fighting over Sakuta she retreats back to her room Mai starts interrogating Shouko: What is she? What is she doing here? And what’s all this about? And Shouko doesn’t beat about the bush either—she wants to be with Sakuta and spend Christmas with him, because she loves him! Sakuta now finds himself in a tight spot—the woman he loves or his past first love … But this is by far not the only cruel decision Sakuta has to make in the course of the coming weeks, because “the Shoukos” have much more in store for him! And to make matters worse, the mysterious wound on his chest opens up again, too …
- OVA, 4 (2015)Kamisama Hajimemashita: Kako-henTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~30min