- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 37 (2006)Death NoteMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~23minLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal...or his life? Light tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know?
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)ErasedA-1 Pictures Inc.ThrillerManga~23minProtagonist Satoru Fujinuma possesses a supernatural ability which he calls “Revival.” This power causes him to time travel and sends him right back to before the occurance of certain life-threatening events, enabling him to prevent these tragedies. When his life is being turned upside-down after having been discharged from the hospital, Satoru’s ability triggers and he is sent back to when he was an elementary school student—to around the time when his classmate Kayo went missing. Now it is on him to solve the mystery surrounding a series of kidnappings and to protect his childhood friends.
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Parasyte: The MaximMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~23minShinichi Izumi is a normal high school boy whose right hand has become infected with an alien parasite that names itself Migi (Jap. for "right"). Migi is the first parasite to develop a symbiotic relationship with its host, as he and Shinichi slowly develop a grudging friendship. Migi isn't the only Parasite on earth, however, and as cases of Parasites killing humans begin to emerge, humans seek to kill off Parasites. Shinichi and Migi find themselves caught in between these two sides of the struggle over planet Earth.
- TV-Series, 74 (2004)MonsterMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~24minDr. Kenzo Tenma is a neurosurgeon who lives in the City of Dusseldorf. He is one of the very best neurosurgeons in Germany because of his social and medical skills. He loves people and always makes the best of every operation. Nevertheless, he feels ill at ease because of the decisions of the superiors: He has to give important and rich people preference to increase the reputation of the hospital. This is incompatible with Tenma's own opinion on equality. Over the course of the story, Tenma has to treat several patients and he is forced to prefer the people who are more important and influential. Later, he notices what he did, when he is ordered to operate a politician instead of a small boy who suffers from enormous blood loss – as a result of a head shot – . Tenma decides to ignore the order and continue operating on this small boy named Johann. However, soon it becomes clear to Tenma that Johann is not just a "normal" boy.
- TV-Series, 22 (2012)Psycho-PassProduction I.G., Inc.CrimeOriginal Work~23minThe Sibyl System was meant to grind all criminal activity to a permanent halt, but something’s gone horribly wrong. A deranged genius known as Makishima has mastered the art of justifying his own heinous deeds, leaving the Dominator powerless to stop his reign of terror. At the first sign of the system cracking, thugs take to the streets, terrorizing the innocent while wearing special helmets that prevent their cruel intentions from being detected. With their futuristic weaponry powerless to stop the bloody rampage, Inspector Akane and her Enforcer, Kogami, must take an old-fashioned approach to the law. While Akane infiltrates the Sibyl System to discover how far the corruption has spread, Kogami doggedly tracks Makishima, setting the stage for a violent and shocking final showdown!
- Movie, 1 (1995)Ghost in the ShellProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~79minIn the year 2029, the barriers of our world have been broken down by the net and by cybernetics, but this brings new vulnerability to humans in the form of brain-hacking. When a highly-wanted hacker known as "The Puppetmaster" begins involving them in politics, Section 9, a group of cybernetically enhanced cops, are called in to investigate and stop the Puppetmaster. The pursuit will call into question what makes a human and what is the Puppetmaster in a world where the distinction between human and machine is increasingly blurry.
- TV-Series, 26 (2010)RainbowMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~23minSeven teenagers in 1955 have to learn to live together in the same hold in the reformatory of Shio. Confined in a hall where suffering and humiliation are daily, they are waiting for a ray of hope in a dark, incarcerating world. The story follows their life together and how they move on afterwards.
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Terror in ResonanceMAPPA Co., Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work~23minOne summer day, a terrorist attack strikes Tokyo. The perpetrators are two boys who call themselves "Sphinx." The attack was just the beginning of the grandiose game they are playing that will envelop all of Japan.
- TV-Series, 10 (2014)Black Butler: Book of CircusA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaManga~24minCiel and his butler, Sebastian, are asked by her Majesty to investigate the mysterious disappearance of small children and they are pointed in the direction of a traveling circus which's arrival to town coincides with the disappearances of the kids.
- OVA, 2 (2014)Black Butler: Book of MurderA-1 Pictures Inc.CrimeManga~62min
- TV-Series, 25 (2007)Darker than BlackBONES Inc.ActionOriginal Work~24minA new and deadly breed of covert agent walks the streets. Known as Contractors, these assassins and spies wield bizarre supernatural powers to carry out the dirty work of others. They thrive in the underworld, between rumour and reality, their loyalties always in question. In Tokyo, an impenetrable field known as "Hell's Gate" appeared ten years ago. At the same time, psychics who wield paranormal powers at the cost of their conscience also emerged. Hei is one of the most powerful of these psychic agents, and along with his blind associate, Yin, works for one of the many rival agencies vying to unlock the mysteries of Hell's Gate.
- TV-Series, 26 (1998)Cowboy BebopSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25minSpike Spiegel, a bounty Hunter with a dark past, lives on bounty to bounty, barely making it each time, or not making it at all. His partners Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Ed and Ein the dog all help him in his adventures from planet to planet.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Detective Conan: The Darkest NightmareTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~111minOn a dark night, the Japanese police is raided by a spy and different countries' intelligence agencies' secret files are going to be taken, but public safety officers led by Tooru Amuro arrive just in time. The spy steals a car and escapes but is thwarted by FBI agent Shuichi Akai's rifle bullet and falls of the roadway. The next day, Conan and his friends go to an aquarium in Tokyo and find an attractive woman alone and injured. Her left and right eyes are different colors and she suffers from amnesia. Conan and his friends promise to help her regain her memory, so they stay with her. Throughout all this, Vermouth is watching behind the scenes. Afterwards, she pulls out a silencer and speaks into an attached intercom, "It's as planned, Gin."
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Death ParadeMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~23minAfter death, humans go to either the eternal void or are reincarnated. However, where there's doubt as to were to place some occasional souls, these instead arrive at bar Quindecim, with no memories of having died. Decim, the bartender, challenges them to the Death Game, wherein they wager their "lives" and reveal their true natures. Decim himself is actually an arbiter in charge of deciding the fate of those that arrive at Quindecim - by pulling the darkness from deepest within them, he judges their ultimate fate.
- TV-Series, 26 (2002)Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone ComplexProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~25minMajor Motoko Kusanagi is a beautiful but deadly cyborg that is squad leader of Section 9-the Japanese government's clandestine unit assigned to battle terrorism and cyber warfare. Surrounded by an expertly trained team, Motoko faces her ultimate challenge- the Laughing Man - a terrorist who orchestrated a kidnapping and extortion plot many years ago and has suddenly reappeared. In order to discover the identity of this enigmatic criminal, Motoko and Section 9 are drawn into a deadly labyrinth and they ll have to use all their expertise to survive.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Meitantei Conan: Shikkoku no ChaserTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~111minThe plot is shinichi gets involved in a case that involves an accident from the previous year; however, the case is tied to the black organization who gave shinichi a drug that shrunk him.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Bungo Stray Dogs 2BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Special, 1 (2016)Meitantei Conan: Episode One - Chiisaku Natta MeitanteiTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~91min
- Movie, 1 (2002)Case Closed: The Phantom of Baker StreetTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~107minThe game is afoot! Conan Edogawa may look like he’s only in elementary school, my dear Watson, but he possesses perhaps the keenest eye for detail of any living detective. His latest case finds him trapped in a virtual recreation of 19th century London and pitted against none other than Jack the Ripper! To save his friends, Conan must follow in the footsteps of his hero – Sherlock Holmes – and crack a case that’s gone unsolved for over a hundred years. Catching the most notorious serial killer of all time is their only chance of survival, but Conan will have to be smarter than Sherlock to apprehend the Phantom of Baker Street!
- Movie, 1 (2014)Meitantei Conan: Ijigen no SniperTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~110minA vicious sniper has appeared in Tokyo, rendering the people too scared to go outside, once again it's up to Conan to figure out the meaning behind the killings and capture the mysterious sniper before more lives are lost.
- Movie, 1 (2010)Meitantei Conan: Tenkuu no Lost ShipTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeOriginal Work~102minThe latest Suzuki corp. challenge to Kaitou Kid turns deadly as the dirigible meant to be the stage to trap Kid becomes a floating fortress as mercenaries from a terrorist group hijacks the ship with everyone still on board. Even worse is that this group has possession of a recently stolen bioweapon and appears to be planning to use it against the population of an entire city by releasing it in the sky as the dirigible passes by. Conan, Kaitou Kid, and Hattori must uncover enough of their nefarious plot before time runs out and find out if there is something far more sinister to their plot than just what they allowed the world to know about.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Bungo Stray Dogs 3BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minBungou Stray Dogs, the anime adaptation of Kafka Asagiri’s manga of the same name, enters its third season and after the successful fight against the leader of the Guild, Francis Scott Key Fitzgerald, and his team, the imminent danger for Yokohama could be averted. The victory of Atsushi and Ryuunosuke Akutagawa over Francis, however, was only possible because the two former enemies realised that they had to work together to save both themselves as well as the city and the people they loved … With the victory over the Guild, it becomes all the clearer that it was Dazai’s own agenda that enabled his friends to help themselves and he seems to be pulling the strings at more than one point. But nobody is safe yet, because with the appearance of Fyodor Dostoyevsky, who seems to be in cahoots with Nathaniel Hawthorne, both the Armed Detective Agency and the Port Mafia will soon have to face an enemy who outshines everything they have seen so far … How will things continue with Atsushi, Dazai, Kyouka and co?
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Psycho-Pass 2Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.CrimeOriginal Work~23minHaving learned the true nature of the Sybilla System, Akane Tsunemori chose to obey the system, believing in both humanity and the legal order. She's part of a new police section and spends her everyday life facing down criminals. Unbeknownst to Akane, however, a monster who will shake the system to its core is about to appear before her.
- Movie, 1 (2006)Meitantei Conan: Tantei-tachi no RequiemTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~111minSome unknown man who knows Conan is in fact Kudo Shinichi lures Conan and the others (Mori, Ran, Tanteidan...) to Yokohama. This man takes Ran and the Tanteidan as hostages. He gives Conan a 12 hour time limit in which to solve a case. If it is not solved within that time, bombs attached to the hostages will explode.... To thwart this villain Conan has help from Heiji, Kaitou Kid, Hakuba.
- Movie, 1 (2001)Case Closed: Countdown to HeavenTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~100minAs the grand opening of a pair of towers nears, death and mayhem mars the fresh start to the architectural marvels. Conan, suspecting that the mysterious Black Organization that poisoned and left him for dead of being involved, goes to investigate. But soon finds himself in harm's way, trapped, as the buildings are set to blow.
- Movie, 1 (2008)The Garden of Sinners: Oblivion Recordingufotable, Inc.CrimeLight Novel~59minApprentice mage Azaka Kokutou, Mikiya's younger sister, has been ordered by her mentor, Touko Aozaki, to investigate a certain incident in which fairies steal the memories of students at Azaka's school, Reien Academy. Azaka launches an investigation with the help of Shiki who can see fairies. As the investigation proceeds, Shiki finds out that Misaya Ouji, a student body president, is the one who controls fairies. However, the mastermind who gave her the power is Satsuki Kurogiri, a magus who controls words. Ironically, thanks to Satsuki’s magic, Shiki remembers that she had encountered Souren Araya and what he had told her two years ago. The sixth movie in chronological timeline.
- Movie, 1 (2015)Psycho-Pass: The MovieProduction I.G., Inc.Crime~113min
- Movie, 1 (2004)Meitantei Conan: Gin'yoku no MagicianTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~108minKaito Kid strikes again in this new annual installment of the Detective Conan movies. An actress asked for Mouri Kogoro to protect a precious jewel of hers which Kid has vowed to steal. On the day of the theft, Kaito Kid dressed up as Shinichi and matched wits with Conan, and fled in the end. To thank them, the actress invited Kogoro and family and friends to Sapporo, but a bigger scheme, and a great emergency is just about to unravel high above the clouds in the plane that they're taking...
- Movie, 1 (1999)Case Closed: The Last Wizard of the CenturyTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeOriginal Work~99minA phantom thief is on the loose, and his explosive capers are knocking out lights all over town! His target is a priceless Russian heirloom that people are literally dying to get their hands on. Pint-sized gumshoe Conan Edogawa is on the case, but there’s more to this mystery than anyone suspects. The good guys seem bad and the bad guys seem good, and not even the boy detective knows who to trust. Worse yet, a rogue sniper is making sure anyone in the way catches a bullet dead in the eye. Things are heating up, and Conan’s gonna need help to uncover the Last Wizard of the Century!
- Movie, 1 (2015)Meitantei Conan: Gouka no HimawariTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~115minConan tries to track down Kaito Kid, who supposedly steals a replica of one of Van Gogh's Sunflowers paintings during an auction.
- Movie, 1 (2004)Ghost in the Shell 2: InnocenceProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~99minThe heavily cyborged police officer Batou, newly partnered with the mostly-human Togusa after the diappearance of Major Motoko Kusanagi, is assigned to investigate a series of murders committed by prototype "sexaroids"—female androids created for sex.
- Movie, 1 (2011)Meitantei Conan: Chinmoku no QuarterTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~109minAn explosion in a subway tunnel brought Conan and co. to investigate Kitanosawa where they met a group of friends who used to live in the village nearby before it was relocated. A boy who has been in coma, a car accident and the explosion itself swirl around the mystery in Kitanosawa.
- TV-Series, 24 (2011)GosickBONES Inc.CrimeLight Novel~24minThe students at St. Marguerite's Academy in the tiny European nation of Sauville love scary stories and urban legends. So much so that it's a little unhealthy. Kazuya Kujo learns this the hard way when the entire student body takes to calling him the "Dark Reaper" and enthusiastically spreading rumours about his evil supernatural influence because of his black hair and eyes. In an attempt to understand their horror-mania, he visits the library to read up on local legends. Weirdly there is a greenhouse at the very top of the library, itself fashioned from a medieval tower. In the greenhouse is a golden-haired girl named Victorique. Victorique takes an interest in the good-natured Japanese exchange student, and before too long they're using her uncanny deductive prowess to crack all manner of heinous crimes.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Ajin: Demi-Human 2Polygon PicturesThrillerManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2000)Case Closed: Captured in Her EyesTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~100minHalf-pint detective Conan Edogawa has solved plenty of crimes, but this time it’s personal! There’s a killer on the loose, and the targets are none other than the boys in blue. No cop will be safe until the boy wonder cracks the case. But there’s just one problem. Only Rachel has seen the fiend in action, and the shock of a witnessing a murder up close and personal made her forget everything she ever knew and everyone she ever loved. With his dream girl square in the sites of a homicidal maniac, time is running out for Conan to unlock the secret of what was Captured in Her Eyes!
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Sword Art Online IIA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minOne year after the SAO incident was resolved, Kazuto Kirigaya is adjusting to a normal life once again as best he can. He thinks all that death is finally behind him, until he is approached with some startling information. In the wildly popular pro shooter MMO Gun Gale Online, an ominous player has shot players in the game, and the same players mysteriously turned up dead in real life. Kazuto feels himself being pulled in as if by the shadow of SAO and agrees to investigate. He must now tread back into the dark world of his past with the help of the troubled, ice-cold sniper Shinon as he searches for the player who only refers to himself as "Death Gun."
- TV-Series, 24 (2009)A Certain Scientific RailgunJ.C.STAFFActionManga~24minMisaka’s electro-manipulation abilities – and delightfully destructive Railgun projectile move – make her a rock start in Academy City. The techno-metropolis is packed with supernaturally powered students known as espers, including Misaka’s flirty friend and roommate, Kuroko. She uses her teleportation skills as a member of the Judgment law enforcement team, fighting crime alongside her fellow agent Uiharu. Joined by their friend Saten, a spunky Level 0 esper, Misaka, Kuroko, and Uiharu have a blast taking on danger whenever and wherever it arises.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)MononokeToei Animation Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesOriginal Work~25min"Mononoke" continues the story of the medicine seller from the "Bakeneko" arc of "Ayakashi," as he continues to face various dangerous spirits.
- OVA, 4 (2013)Ghost in the Shell: AriseProduction I.G., Inc.ActionManga~58minIn the year 2027, a year following the end of the non-nuclear World War IV, a bomb has gone off in Newport City, killing a major arms dealer who may have ties with the mysterious 501 Organization. Public Security official Daisuke Aramaki hires full-body cyber prosthesis user and hacker extraordinaire, Motoko Kusanagi, to investigate. On the case with her are Sleepless Eye Batou, who believes Kusanagi is a criminal, Niihama Prefecture Detective Togusa who is investigating a series of prostitute murders he believes are related to the incident, and Lieutenant Colonel Kurtz of the 501 Organization who also wishes to keep an eye on Kusanagi. Freed of her responsibilities with the 501 Organization, Motoko Kusanagi must now learn how to take orders from Aramaki. When unknown forces hack the Logicomas, Batou enlists the help of former army intelligence officer Ishikawa and former air artillery expert Borma. Kusanagi also seeks to enlist ace sniper Saito and undercover cop Paz into the new Public Security Section 9. The two groups rival each other in a case involving a man who receives false memories of a refugee transport operation.
- Movie, 1 (2015)Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieProduction I.G., Inc.Action~100minSet in a futuristic Japan after the end of a brutal world war, science has advanced by leaps and bounds giving humanity the choice to prolong life and reduce suffering with the use of sophisticated cybernetics. With all of humanity linked into one system of minds and personalities known as ghosts, the biggest threat to civilization is the cyber terrorists capable of hijacking people's bodies and memories. When a ghost-infecting virus known as Fire-Starter begins spreading through the system resulting in the assassination of the Japanese Prime Minister, Major Motoko Kusanagi and her elite team of special operatives are called in to track down its source. As they delve deeper and deeper into their investigation, they uncover traces of government corruption and a shadowy broker that bears an all-too-familiar face.