- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Special, 7 (2017)Owarimonogatari Second SeasonSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~23min
- Movie, 3 (2016)KizumonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~72min
- Movie, 1 (2001)Spirited AwayStudio GhibliGhost StoriesOriginal Work~120minFrom one of the most celebrated filmmakers in the history of animated cinema comes the most acclaimed film of 2002. Hayao Miyazaki's latest triumph, filled with astonishing animation and epic adventure, is a dazzling masterpiece for the ages. It's a "wonderfully welcoming work of art that's as funny and entertaining as it is brilliant, beautiful, and deep" (Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal). SPIRITED AWAY is a wondrous fantasy about a young girl, Chihiro, trapped in a strange new world of spirits. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, she must call upon the courage she never knew she had to free herself and return her family to the outside world. An unforgettable story brimming with creativity, SPIRITED AWAY will take you on a journey beyond your imagination. "To enter the world of Hayao Miyazaki is to experience a kind of lighthearted enchantment that is unique to the world of animation" (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times). It's a fantastic tale the whole family will want to experience over and over again.
- TV-Series, 26 (2013)Monogatari Series: Second SeasonSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24minTsubasa and Hitagi discover that Koyomi has gone missing and has urged them in a text message not to look for him. However, in his absence, new dangerous apparitions begin to appear and target Tsubasa, and Nadeko who are left to try and deal with them on their own. Meanwhile, Koyomi Shinobu, and Mayoi are dealing with serious problems of their own.
- TV-Series, 13 (2009)Natsume’s Book of Friends 2Brain's BaseGhost StoriesManga~24minNatsume is again meeting new youkai and helping them. A lot of friends join him along the way, he meets others who can also see the spirits and at times they join forces to solve the latest mystery. As always, Nyanko-sensei is there to help Natsume on his quests.
- TV-Series, 15 (2009)BakemonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24minBakemonogatari is about the high school student Koyomi Araragi who is bitten by a vampire during the annual Japanese Golden Week. Since then, he sees strange and supernatural beings like ghosts and demons. Another paranormal event occurs when he saves his classmate Hitagi Senjougahara after she fell down the stairs: Hitagi's weight is extraordinarily little. Therefore, he decides to solve Hitagi's secret and find a solution for his own problem as well. Every story arc deals with Koyomi and the mysterious young girl Hitagi; Koyomi slowly starts to believe that Hitagi might be a central point and of enormous importance to solve the strange happenings.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)OwarimonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minDuring the month of October of his third year in high school, Koyomi Araragi is introduced to a transfer student named Ougi Oshino by his underclassman Kanbaru Suruga. Ougi tells Koyomi that she has something she wishes to consult with him. When she draws the map of Naoestu High School, she finds something peculiar. This discovery reveals a tale that wasn't meant to be told, and this makes Koyomi's high school life totally different. This is the story that brings to light “what” makes Koyomi Araragi. This is the story that reveals the “beginning” of everything.
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)xxxHOLiC: KeiProduction I.G., Inc.Ghost StoriesManga~24minStill working to get his wish complete, Watanuki finds himself into more mess than he can handle when certain facts about his everyday life gets revealed and when he needs to learn the lesson of Yuuko the hard way.
- TV-Special, 4 (2014)Tsukimonogatari: Yotsugi DollSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minIn the short weeks leading up to Koyomi Araragi's graduation from high school, he experiences a troubling incident that leads him to question his humanity. While searching for answers he enlists the assistance of the human-like doll Yotsugi Ononoki in order to find out where the truth lies in the present and for the future.
- Movie, 1 (1988)My Neighbor TotoroStudio GhibliGhost StoriesOriginal Work~86minFollow the adventures of Satsuki and her four-year-old sister Mei when they move into a new home in the countryside. To their delight, they discover that their new neighbor is a mysterious forest spirit called Totoro, who can be seen only through the eyes of a child. Totoro introduces them to extraordinary characters - including a cat that doubles as a bus! - and takes them on an incredible journey.
- TV-Series, 11 (2012)NisemonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24minIn Bakemonogatari, the story centers on Koyomi Araragi, a third-year high school student who has recently survived a vampire attack, and finds himself mixed up with all kinds of apparitions: gods, ghosts, myths, and spirits. However, in Nisemonogatari, we pick up right where we left off and follow Koyomi as the psychological twists delve deeper and deeper…
- TV-Special, 5 (2014)Hanamonogatari: Suruga DevilSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minSuruga Kanbaru continues to attend Naoetsu High School, even though her beloved upperclassmen Hitagi and Koyomi do not attend anymore. While training one day, she hears the rumor of the Lord Devil, a figure that is said to be able to grant any wish. Although she was afraid that it might be herself, she finds that the person playing Lord Devil is Rōka Numachi, one of Suruga's middle school classmates.
- TV-Special, 4 (2012)Nekomonogatari: BlackSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minKoyomi Araragi is a student who has recently survived a vampire attack, with the help of his friend Tsubasa Hanekawa. Now, he finds that she has been possessed by an oddity called the Curse Cat, and is now attacking people, including her parents. He must now find a way to help get rid of the Curse Cat.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Ushio and Tora (Season 2)MAPPA Co., Ltd., studio VOLN Co., Ltd.ActionManga~24min
- OVA, 1 (2010)xxxHOLiC RouProduction I.G., Inc.Ghost StoriesManga~41minYuuko's time flow finally starts moving again, after being alive for an unknown amount of years she must depart now since she can't be hold by the world of the living any longer. During her final moments she faces Watanuki, her loyal servant and friend and makes her final wish, "stay alive". So Watanuki made the promise to remain in the store of the wishes until they meet again. Many years later he still keeps that promise giving hope but also taking important belongings from those who ever come to him to make a wish.
- OVA, 1 (2011)xxxHOLiC Rou AdayumeProduction I.G., Inc.Ghost StoriesManga~28minHaruka, grandfather of Shizuka Doumeki, appears to Kimihiro Watanuki to make a request. His request leads to Watanuki seeing all that happened up until then from the point of Shizuka Doumeki in a dream.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)MononokeToei Animation Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesOriginal Work~25min"Mononoke" continues the story of the medicine seller from the "Bakeneko" arc of "Ayakashi," as he continues to face various dangerous spirits.
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)xxxHOLiCProduction I.G., Inc.Ghost StoriesManga~24minThere is no such thing as coincidence, there is only the inevitable... Watanuki has been haunted by dark spirits his entire life, a curse flowing through his bloodline preventing peace. When his incessant demons drag him to the ornate door of the Dimensional Witch Yuuko, he meets a mystical woman of insight and luxury, quick to help those in a bind… For a fee! One might very well end up paying with their soul! To be free of his visions, Watanuki will work in her shop of dreams and wishes. There is always a price to pay…
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Dusk Maiden of AmnesiaSILVER LINK.Ghost StoriesManga~24min60 years ago, a young woman was left to die in the abandoned school building behind the exclusive Seikyou Academy. Perhaps it’s not so surprising then, that among Seikyou’s many school clubs is one for students interested in “paranormal investigations.” Unable to remember how she died and trapped in the grey land between life and death, the ghost girl Yuuko latches onto Teiichi Niiya, a freshman who can inexplicably see her, and together they and the other unsuspecting members of the club begin to unravel the many dark mysteries that surround Seikyou.
- OVA, 2 (2009)xxxHOLiC Shunmu-kiProduction I.G., Inc.Ghost StoriesManga~27minWhile following strange dreams, Watanuki meets some old friends & solves a riddle. These dreams eventually tie into another mystery involving Li Syaoran and Watanuki's importance in the world of xxxHOLiC and Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLE.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Poco's Udon WorldLiden Films Inc.IndefiniteManga~23min
- OVA, 1 (2002)KigekiStudio 4°CGhost Stories~10minDuring Ireland's War of Independence, a five year old girl set out to save her village from the English army, by trying to find the rumored skilled swordsman living in a nearby castle, who only takes books of a certain genre as payment, only known as the Black Swordsman.
- Web, 12 (2016)KoyomimonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~13minEvery month starting from April, one of the heroines of the Monogatari Series encounters some kind of mystery in their life and Koyomi solves them all.
- Movie, 1 (2015)Miss HokusaiProduction I.G., Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~90minIt's 1814 and the city of Edo is one of the most populated homes of peasants, samurai, townsmen, merchants, nobles, artists, courtesans, and maybe even supernatural beings. Two residents are the highly accomplished artist Tetsuzo and his talented 23-year-old daughter O-Ei. Tetsuo gains worldwide acclaim as Katsushika Hokusai, but few would know "Miss Hokusai," the daughter who assisted him uncredited.
- TV-Series, 10 (2014)Inari Kon KonProduction IMS Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24minInari Fushimi is a middle school girl who's never had a requited love, since she's a shy, clumsy and not very bright. One day, she witnesses her crush Kouji giving a letter to her classmate Akemi. Shocked and saddened, Inari rushes to a shrine, where the goddess Uka-no-Mitama-no-Kami appears to her. As thanks for saving a fox pup, as well as out of pity for her plight, the goddess grants Inari the power to shape-shift.
- TV-Series, 13 (2019)The Morose Mononokean ⅡPierrot Plus Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2002)InuYasha: The Movie 2 - The Castle Beyond the Looking GlassSUNRISE Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~99minWith their greatest foe seemingly defeated, Inuyasha and his friends begin to return to their lives. But their short period of peace is once again shattered as a new enemy begins to emerge. Kaguya, the self-proclaimed Princess from the Moon of legend, begins a plan to plunge the world into a perpetual night of the full moon. Inuyasha, Kagome, Miroku, Sango and Shippo must once again unite to face the new threat.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)The Morose MononokeanPierrot Plus Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2001)Mei to Koneko BusStudio GhibliGhost StoriesOriginal Work~14minA 15-minute, unofficial sequel to Miyazaki's classic "My Neighbor Totoro." Mei meets a Kitten Bus and they become fast friends. One night, the Kitten Bus invites Mei to take part in a special adventure.
- TV-Series, 167 (2000)InuYashaSUNRISE Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~25minFifteen-year-old schoolgirl Kagome Higurashi, whose family tends a shrine, falls into an old well one day and literally tumbles into ancient Japanese history. On the other side she meets Inu Yasha, the dog-like demon (inu means dog in Japanese) who claims she smells just like the woman who fifty years ago pinned him with her arrow to a tree, where he's been all this time. Unwilling allies at first, the two become closer as their search for the sacred "Jewel of Four Souls" continues. If Kagome really is the reincarnation of the shrine-maiden Kikyo, can it be that she's becoming jealous of herself...?
- OVA, 10 (1992)Ushio and ToraPastelActionManga~30minUshio thinks that his father's talk of an ancient ancestor impaling a demon on a temple altar stone with the legendary Beast Spear is nuts, but when he finds the monster in his own basement, Ushio has to take another look at the family legend! To save his friends and family from the invading spirits, Ushio is forced to release Tora from his captivity. But will the creature prove to be worse than the curse?
- Bonus, 1 (2012)Dusk Maiden of Amnesia: Ghost GirlSILVER LINK.Ghost StoriesManga~24min
- TV-Special, 1 (2009)Bakemonogatari SPSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24min
- Movie, 1 (2014)ChronusStudio 4°CDramaOriginal Work~25minMakoto Nakazono is a high school student with a small dark secret. Since he was little, he has had the mysterious power to see black entities that steal souls. One day, he is suddenly interrogated by one of the black entities. Akira and Makoto are having a strange conversation. At that moment, Makoto didn't notice the threatening shadow approaching his childhood friend Hazuki
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Wakaokami wa Shougakusei!DLE Inc., MADHOUSE Inc.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~12min
- TV-Series, 11 (2006)Ayakashi: Samurai Horror TalesToei Animation Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesOriginal Work~23minIn the era of medieval Japan, cultural arts flourished, territorial wars were waged, and man and demon co-existed! While attempting to retrieve a lost falcon for his feudal lord, bird handler Zushonosuke encounters and becomes irresistably drawn to Tomihime, the supernatural inhabitant of a cursed castle. As a forbidden love between a mortal and a long-forgotten goddess begins to take hold, the horrifying existence of "Forgotten Gods" who feed on humans is soon revealed, inevitably leading to a deadly clash between the shogun's army and the clan of "Forgotten Gods." Amidst the escalating chaos, will Zushonosuke ultimately sacrifice his humanity for his love over Tomihime?
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)MokkeMADHOUSE Inc.Ghost StoriesManga~24minThis is a story about two sisters: Shizuru is a high school student who is able to see ghosts while her younger sister, Mizuki, is haunted by these apparitions. Frustrated by their abilities, their parents decided to entrust the sisters into the care of their grandparents who live in the countryside. As they adapt to life in the countryside, Shizuru and Mizuki begin to learn about the importance of coexisting nature with these apparitions.
- TV-Special, 1 (2007)Miyori no MoriGhost StoriesManga~106minAfter being deserted by her parents, 11-year old Miyori shuts her heart from the rest of the world and denies any form of human relationships. She was entrusted in the care of her grandmother who lives near a forest. Miyori will take a walk in the forest where she felt a strong sense of loneliness in the forest which seems to have nothing. However, she soon encounters unbelievable things and gradually realizes that the forest is more than what it seems...
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost StoriesILCAGhost StoriesOriginal Work~4minA series of short horror stories based around Japanese myths and urban legends. The series is framed around an old man telling these tales to schoolchildren on a playground using kamishibai, a traditional Japanese storytelling method using paper scrolls.
- TV-Series, 19 (2000)Ghost StoriesPierrot Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesOriginal Work~24minCan a school have too much spirit? When nearby construction disturbs a spiritual resting place, its disgruntled denizens do what any supernatural beings would do after a rude awakening: they terrorize the local school. And that means it's up to a scruffy band of young ghostbusters to expel their satanic schoolmates before everyone gets sent to permanent detention! So join Satsuki, her crybaby brother, the resident class stud, the school nerd and "physical researcher," a born-again beauty, and a resentful, demon-possessed cat in the funniest, scariest school you've ever enrolled in.