- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 50 (2005)Blood+Production I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minSaya Otonashi, a seemingly normal high school student, suffers from amnesia and she can't remember the past year of her life. One day, after a man appears and gives her a katana sword, her destiny begins to be revealed. Soon she finds herself fighting the latest threat to humanity – Chiropteran monsters, ravenous immortal creatures that can change their form, disguising themselves as human beings. They feed off blood and hide themselves within the human world. An organization known as the Red Shield has been waging a private war to wipe them out and now the struggle has grown. Saya’s journey for the truth has begun.
- OVA, 3 (2017)Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost GirlsWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~25min
- Movie, 2 (2016)Kabaneri of the Iron Fortress (Movies)WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~105min
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Talentless NanaBridge Inc.DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)AnotherP.A. Works Co., Ltd.HorrorLight Novel~25minSpring 1998. After transferring to Yamiyama-Middle School, Kouichi Sakakibara is concerned about the frightened atmosphere looming over his new class, which seems to be a secret none of his classmates is willing to talk about. Attracted by the mysterious aura of the beautiful Misaki Mei - whom only Kouichi seems to be able to notice - he is trying to get to know her which inevitably leads to his deeper involvement in this issue.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Tokyo Ghoul √APierrot Co., Ltd.HorrorManga~24minThe ghouls of Anteiku invaded the Aogiri's site in order to rescue Ken Kaneki who is being tortured. Due to provocation, he unleashed greater power enough to defeat Yamori. To become stronger, he decided to join Aogiri and left Anteiku. Ghoul investigators also making their moves by collecting information about the eye-patched ghoul--Ken Kaneki.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Ajin: Demi-HumanPolygon PicturesThrillerManga~24min17 years ago, immortals first appeared on the battlefields of Africa. Later, rare, unknown new immortal lifeforms began appearing among humans, and they became known as "Ajin" (demi-humans). Just before summer vacation, a Japanese high school student is instantly killed in a traffic accident on his way home from school. However, he is revived, and a price is placed on his head. Thus begins a boy's life on the run from all of humankind.
- Movie, 1 (2006)PaprikaMADHOUSE Inc.DramaNovel~87minPrepare to enter the realm of fantasy and imagination where reality and dreams collide in a kaleidoscopic mindscape of sheer visual genius. The magical tale centers on a revolutionary machine that allows scientists to enter and record a subject’s dream. After being stolen, a fearless detective and brilliant therapist join forces to recover the device before it falls into the hands of a dream terrorist in this gripping anime thriller from acclaimed director Satoshi Kon.
- Movie, 1 (1998)Perfect BlueMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerNovel~82minMima is an ex-pop idol who was worshipped by the masses before fashion dictated otherwise. In order to salvage her career, she decides to drop music and pursue acting. A soap opera role is offered but Mima's character is less clean cut than desired. Regardless, she agrees and events take a turn for the worse. She begins to feel reality slip. She discovers her identical twin, a mirror image that hasn't given up singing. Internet sites appear describing every intimate detail of her life and a figure stalks her from the shadows. Her friends and associates are threatened, and killed, as Mima descends into a dangerous world of paranoid delusion. She fears for her life and must unravel fact from illusion in order to stay alive.
- OVA, 2 (2020)Thus Spoke Kishibe Rohan: At a Confessional / The RunDavid Production Inc.Horror~?min
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Kabaneri of the Iron FortressWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~23minOn the island country Hinomoto, humans hide themselves in fortresses called "stations" against the threat of zombie-like beings with steel hearts known as "Kabane." Only armored locomotives known as "Hayajiro" go between the stations.
- TV-Series, 22 (2010)ShikiDaumeHorrorNovel~25minWhen citizens of a secluded village begin dying off in alarming numbers, the sole hospital's head doctor tries desperately to save his patients - but his efforts are in vain. Entire families are wiped out while others desert their homes. All hell breaks loose as the villagers discover their loved ones' corpses are rising from the grave with an insatiable thirst for human blood. Haunting, hallucinogenic and unnerving to the core, Shiki stares into the hearts of both the hunter and the hunted. Who is safe when the urge to kill in order to survive blurs the line between man and monster?
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)Black BulletKinema Citrus Co., Ltd., Orange Co., Ltd.ActionLight Novel~24minIn the year 2021, mankind was defeated by Gastrea, a parasitical virus, and is forced to live within a wall made of Varanium Monoliths, a metal that is able to subdue Gastrea. Soon, the "Cursed Children", children born with the Gastrea virus who are able to control it—which gives them superhuman abilities—were discovered. Due to the Gastrea virus' intervention, the Cursed Children could only be female. Civil Securities are formed to specialize in fighting against Gastrea, operating with the pair of an Initiator, who are cursed children, and a Promoter, serving to lead the cursed children. Ten years after the war, Rentarō Satomi, a high school student who is also a Promoter in his childhood friend Kisara Tendō's Tendō Civil Security, along with his Initator Enju Aihara, receives a secret mission to prevent the Tokyo Area's destruction.
- Movie, 2 (2014)Attack on Titan (Compilation Movies)WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~119min
- Bonus, 1 (2011)Shiki: Twentieth Mourning and OffenseDaumeHorrorNovel~23min
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Berserk (Season 2)GEMBA Inc., MillepenseeAction DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Blood Blockade Battlefront & BeyondBONES Inc.ActionManga~24min
- OVA, 1 (2013)Future Diary OVAasreadActionManga~30minThe Second is dead and the Gasai Yuno in the third world finally gets to live a happy life with her loving parents and friends from school. But there is still an empty place within her heart - it seems she had forgotten a person really close to her but can't seem to be able to awake her memories...
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)Hell GirlStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~25minBeyond the veil of midnight lies a website, HellCorrespondence.com. Type in the name of one upon which you desire retribution… And it will be served. If you truly desire to take revenge upon those who have wronged you, just untie the scarlet thread from the totem’s neck. Pulling this thread will bind you into a covenant with Ai Enma, who will ferry the soul of your tormentor straight into the depths of Hell. However, once vengeance has been served, you will have to deliver on your end of the bargain. There always has to be a price to pay. When you die, your soul will also belong to Hell. You will never know the joys of Heaven. The decision rests with you.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Gantz:ODigital Frontier Inc.Action DramaManga~95min
- OVA, 3 (2013)Attack on Titan Special EditionWIT STUDIO, Inc.ActionManga~23minLevi, currently living in the Underground as a criminal boss with his two close cohorts Isabel and Farlan, is given a choice: either be turned over to the Military Police and be tried for his crimes, or join the Survey Corps. After joining the Survey Corps with an ulterior motive, the three realize there might be something on the surface worth more than they expected. Something worth sacrificing their lives for.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Tokyo Ghoul :rePierrot Co., Ltd.HorrorManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2001)HellsingGonzo K.K.HorrorManga~23minThe worst enemy of the night - is one of its own…A secret war brews in the night - a war where humanity is only a pawn. The Hellsing Organization deploys in the shadows to protect the mortal world. But now, artificially spawned vampires have appeared, forcing Hellsing to call in their ultimate weapon - the rogue vampire, Arucard! After he transforms the dying Seras Victoria into a vampire, they join forces to combat the undead army, as well as her own newfound hunger!
- TV-Series, 12 (2010)High School of the DeadMADHOUSE Inc.HorrorManga~24minOne morning the high school student Takashi Komuro enjoys the silence at school when he is suddenly interrupted by strange noises and a shaky-legged person who tries to enter the school grounds. Subsequently several teachers come to the school gate to shoo the person away. All of a sudden, a teacher is bitten by the person and within seconds the school campus becomes a place of violence, blood, death and undead zombies. Takashi, shocked by the scenery, runs for his life to save his schoolmates and early love Rei Miyamoto. The struggle for survival has just begun..
- TV-Series, 50 (2016)Twin Star ExorcistsPierrot Co., Ltd.ActionManga~24minRokuro is from a family of exorcists who remove the evil Kegare, but his real dream is to be a singer, a soccer player, or anything other than an exorcist. When another exorcist name Benio arrives, Rokura is suddenly inflamed with competitive spirit and decides to put his natural knack to good use. Their rivalry gets more complicated when they both learn they are the destined "Twin Star Exorcists," two ultimate fighters fated to marry and create the prophesied child who will eliminate all the Kegare in the world. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Tokyo Ghoul:re Season 2Pierrot Co., Ltd.HorrorManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)School-Live!LercheHorrorManga~24minFour girls decide to stay over at school: the energetic Yuki Takeya, the shovel-loving Kurumi, the center of the group Yūri who brings everyone together, and the spacey school adviser Megu. However, through mysterious circumstances, the girls find themselves the final survivors in a zombie attack, and continue to live at the school.
- TV-Series, 24 (2020)Higurashi: When They Cry GouPassione Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual Novel~24minAfter having moved to the seemingly peaceful mountain village Hinamizawa, Keiichi Maebara quickly becomes friends with the girls from his class. Together they pursue club activities and enjoy their time among the village’s natural surroundings. It never gets boring, as shortly after Keichi’s arrival Hinamizawa’s biggest festival, the Watanagashi, takes place. During the Watanagashi, all villagers let their sins and worries symbolically float down the river. Something about the idyllic life doesn’t seem quite right, however, and Keiichi soon starts to harbour concerns. What kind of sins and secrets are the villagers—and maybe even his new friends—trying to hide? Annotation: “Higurashi Gou” is not a remake of the anime released in 2006, but tells new stories. The added “Gou” means “karma.”
- Web, 12 (2021)High-Rise InvasionZERO-G, Inc.ActionManga~25min
- Web, 12 (2020)7 Seeds: Part 2Gonzo K.K., Studio KAI Inc.DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)Ga-Rei-ZeroAnime International Co., Inc., asreadAction DramaManga~24minKagura and Yomi may look like ordinary school girls as they walk the streets of Tokyo clad in short skirts and knee-high socks, but they’re the heroes you scream for when monsters creep out of the darkness. These sword-totting sisters are part of an elite counterattack unit that specializes in suppressing outbreaks of supernatural activity. They train together, live together, eat together, and spend their nights disemboweling demons with sacred blades. Tragedy strikes when Yomi is possessed by a dark spirit, and Kagura must choose between raising her weapon against the eerily familiar face of ultimate evil – or watching her flesh and blood slaughter innocent citizens. In a life or death battle that pits sister against sister, survival may be the greatest agony of all.
- Bonus, 1 (2011)Shiki: Twenty-First Blood and OffenseDaumeHorrorNovel~22min
- OVA, 1 (2015)Tokyo Ghoul: JackPierrot Co., Ltd.HorrorManga~30minAn incident involving a human-devouring Ghoul occurs in Tokyo's 13th Ward. To seek the truth behind what happened to his friend, the rebellious high school boy Taishi Fura pursues the Ghoul named Lantern with the young ace investigator Kishō Arima. The story follows how the ace investigator Arima and the talented 7th Ward investigator Taishi Fura first met. (from manga)
- Web, 4 (2018)Angels of Death (Episodes 13-16)J.C.STAFFThrillerVideo Game~24min
- OVA, 1 (2013)Higurashi no Naku Koro ni Kaku OutbreakStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual Novel~52min"Higurashi Outbreak" is set in the same Hinamizawa village of the previous stories. The village has been completely sealed off due to a mysterious virus in 1983, and Keiichi Maebara and Rena Ryūgū deal with the outbreak. But this time, they don't know if its Oyashiro-sama's curse or a conspiracy. It is also shown that Rika might be infected by the virus. Not much is known about the story yet, but in an interview the makers of the OVA revealed that the ending will differ from the original story.
- OVA, 2 (2009)Denpa-teki na KanojoBrain's BaseDramaLight Novel~40minJuuzawa Juu is a delinquent high school boy who just wants to be left alone. One day, he is approached by Ochibana Ame, who claims that she knew him in a previous life, and now wants to serve him as his "knight". At first Juu wants nothing to do with Ame, but after a classmate is murdered, he accepts her help as he looks for the killer.
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)Brynhildr in the DarknessCommonsense Inc.Action DramaManga~24minIn his childhood, Ryouta Murakami used to hang out with a girl he called Kuroneko. She loved star-gazing and so they looked up to the stars together every night. Kuroneko ‒ whose actual name is a mystery to him ‒ insisted she knew about aliens. One day, she decided to show him these aliens she was talking about, but an accident occurred and Kuroneko died. Years have gone by and Ryouta now is a member of the astronomy club, obsessed with finding the proof for the existence of aliens. One day, a transfer student called Neko Kuroha ‒ who is the spitting image of Kuroneko ‒ enters his class. She is at least as odd as Kuroneko and starts claiming that she knows whenever someone is going to die ‒ which is proven right, after her prediction for Ryouta almost became reality.
- Movie, 3 (2015)Ajin (Movie)Polygon PicturesThrillerManga~120min
- TV-Series, 25 (2006)Ghost HuntJ.C.STAFFHorrorManga~24minDo you believe in ghosts? The appeal of the unknown is undeniable and seventeen year old Mai Taniyama is hooked. This fact, coupled with her burgeoning psychic powers, leads Mai to join the ranks of the Shibuya Psychic Research team. Led by enigmatic Kazuya 'Naru' Shibuya, she works alongside a spirit medium and a shrine maiden, an exorcist and a monk to uncover the darkest mysteries of the unseen. Using state-of-the-art technology and their respective spiritual gifts, evil is confronted and vanquished time and again.
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Deadman Wonderlandmanglobe Inc.ActionManga~24minGanta is the only survivor after a mysterious man in red slaughters a classroom full of teenagers. He s framed for the carnage, sentenced to die, and locked away in the most twisted prison ever built: Deadman Wonderland. And then it gets worse. At Deadman Wonderland, convicts are forced into brutal deathmatches for the amusement of the masses, the cheers of the crowd drowning out the screams of the dismembered. Even when Ganta befriends Shiro, an unusual female inmate, his dark fate crushes all hope until he discovers the strange ability to wield his spilled blood as a weapon. Ganta learns his new skill might be related to the murderous man in red and uncovers disturbing secrets that could expose those who stole his freedom. He's determined to see justice served - but first he'll have to fight for his life in a prison that holds a million ways to die.