- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)ChäoS;HEAdMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerVisual Novel~27minTakumi is an anime-obsessed recluse with a fetish for two-dimensional girls. His dirty little cyber secrets land him in real-life trouble after a chat room encounter with the mysterious General leads him to the scene of a gruesome murder. In the blink of an eye, Takumi goes from a caffeine-addicted gamer to a paranoid murder suspect caught up in something called the New Generation Madness. Between the police and a gang of girls with giant holographic swords, someone is watching his every move. As the world constructed around him begins to unravel, Takumi will discover that nothing - not even his own life - is what it appears to be. Welcome to Chaos Head. Can you survive reality?
- TV-Special, 3 (2019)JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure: Golden Wind - RecapsDavid Production Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minThese three recap episodes were published at regular intervals and summarize the most important events of the fourth “JoJo” season up to episode 28.
- Movie, 7 (2007)Genius PartyStudio 4°CIndefiniteOriginal Work~15minAn anthology anime produced by Studio 4C. Featured directors include Koji Morimoto, Shinichiro Watanabe, and Mahiro Maeda.
- TV-Special, 1 (2013)Attack on Titan: Since That DayWIT STUDIO, Inc.HorrorManga~25minSeveral hundred years ago, humans were nearly exterminated by giants. Giants are typically several stories tall, seem to have no intelligence, devour human beings and, worst of all, seem to do it for the pleasure rather than as a food source. A small percentage of humanity survived by enclosing themselves in a city protected by extremely high walls, even taller than the biggest of giants. Flash forward to the present and the city has not seen a giant in over 100 years. Teenage boy Eren and his foster sister Mikasa witness something horrific as the city walls are destroyed by a super giant that appears out of thin air. As the smaller giants flood the city, the two kids watch in horror as their mother is eaten alive. Eren vows that he will murder every single giant and take revenge for all of mankind.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Libra of Nil AdmirariZERO-G, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2003)Shadow Star NarutaruPlanet Entertainment Inc.DramaManga~23minDuring her summer holiday at her grandparents house Tamai Shiina, a young and cheerful schoolgirl, meets a strange looking creature. They befriend each other and Shiina names it "Hoshimaru—The Round Star". When Shiina returns home efter the summer to go back to school she starts meeting other kids that also have befriended a strange creature like Hoshimaru. But she soon finds out that not all these creatures and their masters are as friendly as Hoshimaru.
- Bonus, 2 (2018)Junji Ito: TomieStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.HorrorManga~11min
- OVA, 3 (2015)Cyborg 009 VS DevilmanActas Inc.Action~30minAfter discovering the existence of demons in Tokyo, the original Cyborg crew led by Dr. Gilmore find themselves in conflict with Devilman, a strong demon believed to be in league with the war-profiteering terrorist organisation, Black Ghost. Meanwhile, a bigger threat emerges when Dr. Adams, a Black Ghost scientist unleashes his new line of high teen Cyborg models against 009 and his friends.
- Movie, 1 (2008)HellsMADHOUSE Inc.Action ComedyManga~117minThe story follows a school girl's descent into hell and her struggle to return to where she knows she belongs.
- TV-Series, 42 (1978)Space Pirate Captain HarlockToei Animation Co., Ltd.ActionManga~25minIt was a prosperous era for mankind. Robots were sent into space to exploit the resources of other planets and shipped back. Everything was provided by the state so there was no need for people to work. Nonetheless the government feared an eventual revolt, so they inserted subliminal signals in the audio-visual feeds so that the people were content to watch and do nothing else. Captain Harlock feared for the future of humanity under such conditions and rebelled against the government becoming a pirate.
- TV-Series, 26 (2009)Umineko: When They CryStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual Novel~25minOn 4 October 1986, Kinzo Ushiromiya, the head of a wealthy family, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, a secluded island, is near death, and eight of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzo's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are three family members who live there, five of Kinzo's servants, and his personal physician. After the eight family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people begin to be mysteriously murdered.
- Web, 1 (2017)Berserk Season 1 Compilation SpecialMillepensee, GEMBA Inc.Action DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (1999)Gregory Horror Show: The Nightmare BeginsMilky Cartoon Co., Ltd.HorrorOriginal Work~3min
- OVA, 3 (2000)Yonimo Osoroshii Grimm DouwaHorrorOther~20min
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)KurozukaMADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~25minKuro, a 12th-century man, flees into the mountains after losing to his brother, where he meets a strange, beautiful woman named Kuromitsu. Kuro falls in love with Kuromitsu but realizes she conceals a dark secret. She is unable to die and continues to live for thousands of years as Japan evolves into a future society.
- TV-Series, 26 (1998)The Devil LadyTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minJun has always been different from everyone else-the life of a fashion model is unlike anything else in the world. But she has no idea how different she is...until a mysterious stalker throws her head-first into a brutal confrontation with the supernatural! From Go Nagai, the master of animated horror, comes a harrowing odyssey through the twisted maze that is Jun's new life. By day a beautiful, shy fashion plate. By night a terrifying vision of demonic power. It's full-tilt gothic horror as Jun, as the Devil Lady, does battle with a demonic army threatening to destroy mankind!
- OVA, 1 (1987)Devilman: The BirthOh-Production Ltd.HorrorManga~50minDemons exist and their power is beyond what humans can fathom. In fact they are so strong that humans do not stand a chance against them in a fight. The only thing strong enough to defeat a demon is another demon and it is trough this logic that Ryo Asuka hatches the plan to have his good-hearted friend Akira Fudo possessed by a demon. If a person is of pure of heart then he might be able to control the demon that posses him and thereby acquire power equal to a demon. After raising some hell in a club the plan works and Akira is possessed by the powerful demon known as Amon. Now Akira is humanities sole champion of justice against the hidden demon menace that has plagued humanity since the dawn of time.
- OVA, 7 (2000)JoJo’s Bizarre Adventure (2000)Another Push Pin Planning Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~30minKujo Jotaro is a normal, popular Japanese high-schooler, until he thinks that he is possesed by a spirit, and locks himself in prison. After seeing his grandfather, Joseph Joestar, and fighting Joseph's friend Muhammad Abdul, Jotaro learns that the "Sprirt" is actually Star Platinum, his Stand, or fighting energy given a semi-solid form. Later, his mother gains a Stand, and becomes sick. Jotaro leanrs that it is because the vampire Dio Brando has been revived 100 years after his defeat to Jonathan Joestar, Jotaro's great-great-grandfather. Jotaro decides to join Joseph and Abdul in a trip to Egypt to defeat Dio once and for all.
- OVA, 3 (1992)Green Legend RanAnime International Co., Inc., MTV JapanAdventureOriginal Work~45minA story of future Earth - A warning for mankind: In the future, our planet will be transformed into a strange new world where human life struggles on an Earth without rain or oceans - only vast, parched deserts. Two youths fight for survival on our hostile planet and find hope. The sea, the sky and the land had been completely polluted by mankind when mysterious objects fall from the heavens. These titanic vessels smash into the planet and suck up the air, water, and most living creatures into their womb, stealing away the very essence of Earth?s nature. The few remaining inhabitants struggle for survival against a hostile environment and an oppressive ruling race known as the Rodo. One young, hot-blooded human named Ran, fights against the Rodo and a world in which rain is only a legend. He strives to join an Anti-Rodo group known as the Hazzard, not only to defeat the Rodo, but also to hunt down the man who killed his mother. During his struggles, Ran falls in love with Aira, a pretty young girl with astonishing silver hair.
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)Nighthead GenesisBee MediaDramaOther~25minThe human brain is not fully utilized, and it is theorized that the unused portion houses the potential for fantastic mental powers. This is the case for Naoto and Naoya, two brothers abandoned by their parents out of fear for their psychic gifts. Held in captivity for fifteen years, the two siblings are able to finally escape and make the most of their freedom. However, they are not able to break free of the burden of their abilities, as they are entangled in case after case involving the supernatural.
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)M3: The Dark MetalSatelight Inc., Challenge To ChallengeActionOriginal Work~24minThere is distorted, deep blackness everywhere. That place, in which blackness swallowed everything and took away everything, has become known as the Avidya Zone. Strange beings assume the very form of the despair and chaos of humanity. They are known by this name: Imashime. An expedition surveys the Avidya Zone which consumes human spirits. So, in the intricate intersection between the present in impending crisis and the destiny of the past... eight boys and girls, assembled to confront the Imashime, find the bright future that lies before the Avidya Zone.
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Yamishibai: Japanese Ghost Stories 5ILCAGhost StoriesOriginal Work~5min
- TV-Series, 13 (2010)Occult AcademyA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minIn the year 2012, the world is a wasteland invaded by aliens. Time travelers like Fumiaki are sent back to the year 1999 in order to destroy the "Nostradamus Key" to prevent the apocalypse. In 1999, Maya, the daughter of the former principal of Waldstein Academy (a.k.a. Occult Academy), returns to the academy to replace her father. Despising her father's obsession with the occult, Maya is hell-bent on running the school into the ground out of spite. Her plan is interrupted when she meets Fumiaki and learns of the forthcoming destruction of the world. They form a pact to look for the key.
- TV-Series, 26 (1999)Karakuri Zoushi Ayatsuri SakonTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime FictionManga~25minSakon is the grandson of the famous Bunraku master, Tachibana Zaemon. He is incredibly shy and lacks confidence in himself. However, when he is with his puppet, Ukon, he is able to focus himself and his crime-solving abilities. As a contrast to traditional Bunraku puppeteering, Sakon is an expert ventriloquist. He uses his talent of mimicing and throwing voices to confront the villains and often force a confession. Ukon is a beautiful Bunraku puppet created in 1870, supposedly by the Master puppet-builder Unosuke Koizumi III. But Ukon doesn't act as a good Bunraku puppet should. When he is with Sakon, he is forward, obnoxious, flirtatious, coarse, and very egocentric. Together, Sakon and Ukon travel around Japan, solving mysteries, murders, and horrific crimes. In the meantime, Sakon's aunt Kaoruko, a young and pretty police detective, helps him out and keeps an eye on him.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Hell Girl: Fourth TwilightStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 11 (2007)Zombie-LoanXEBEC M2Fighting-ShounenManga~24minMichiru Kita is a special girl who possesses Shinigami Eyes, which allows her to see a dark ring around a person's neck. This ring symbolizes the person's impending death; once they are marked to die, a gray line, which is invisible to normal people, appears on their neck, and once the ring turns completely black, the person dies. Chika Akatsuki and Shito Tachibana, two boys in her class, both have black rings around their necks, but to her surprise, they are not yet dead. It is revealed that after a tragic accident that was supposed to kill them both, the two boys made a deal with a secret loan office called the Zombie-Loan. In return for keeping them alive, the two have to hunt zombies for the loan office. When Michiru gets involved with them, she finds that her life has just become more complicated.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Doreiku: The AnimationTNK, ZERO-G, Inc.DramaManga~24min
- OVA, 1 (2010)Mirai NikkiasreadHorrorManga~9minBlurb:Reality quickly unravels for antisocial Yukiteru when Deus Ex Machina calls him into a death match to determine the new god of space and time. Each mentally scarred player possesses a prophetic device tuned to his or her personality disorder, giving them control over their future, and the fate of their opponents. It’s their strongest weapon—and their greatest weakness. Within hours of abusing his digital diary’s predictions, Yukiteru is cornered by a crazed classmate. Yuno—who is obsessively stalking him with her own psychic cell phone—is cute, sharp, and great with an ax. Still, her psychosis hides a vile secret. As a serial killer, a cult priestess, and a volatile escape artist take a stab at eliminating the teens, Yuki can cheat death under Yuno’s maniacal protection or----DEAD END.
- TV-Series, 4 (1999)Pet Shop of HorrorsMADHOUSE Inc.HorrorManga~25minWelcome to the most magnificent pet shop in Chinatown!Operated by the shadowy Count D, the shop specializes in rare and hard to come by pets... but with each sale comes a contract. If that contract is broken, watch out! Detective Orcott has linked many odd and unexplainable deaths to Count D's shop. Will he solve the mystery or fall prey to it?
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Diabolik Lovers II: More, BloodZEXCS Inc.DramaVisual Novel~13minIn addition to the six Sakamaki vampire brothers, four new brothers from the Mukami family: Ruki, Kou, Yūma, and Azusa, enter the daily life of Yui Komori.
- Movie, 1 (2004)Kakurenbo: Hide & SeekYamato Works, LLCHorrorOriginal Work~25minAmong the ruins of the city, there is a game only children can play. It is called “Otokoyo”; a game of hide-and-seek. But whenever children play this game, one by one they would disappear into the blinds of the buildings… The story begins when a boy enters the world of Otokoyo, to find his missing sister.
- Movie, 1 (1985)Penguin's Memory: Shiawase MonogatariAnimation Staff Room?~100minMike is a penguin soldier who returns home after being injured during combat. Estranged from his family and friends, he leaves his hometown and starts to roam adrift through the country.
- TV-Series, 26 (1997)Vampire Princess Miyu TVAnime International Co., Inc.ActionManga~25minStranded in the space between human and demon, Miyu was born a vampire and charged with the responsibility of returning evil demons called Shinma to the dark. Being eternally 15, she yearns to return to the dark herself but not until she has banished the Shinma from Earth. And since her awakening, she remains cut off by the facts of who and what she is.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Junji Ito CollectionStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.HorrorManga~24min
- OVA, 1 (1990)Devilman: Demon BirdOh-Production Ltd.HorrorManga~57minBest friends Akira and Ryo (played by real-life twins, Hisato and Yusuke Izaki) are just your average high school students. That is, until they receive word that Ryo's father has accidentally unleashed a horde of demons while conducting experiments in Antarctica. These demons spread like an infection throughout the world, possessing ordinary people and turning them against each other. When Akira is possessed, he becomes Devilman, a powerful demonic entity who somehow retains his human conscience.
- OVA, 6 (2004)Bible Black: New TestamentStudio JamHentaiVisual Novel~27minThe description has been hidden due to your visibility settings for explicit contents.
- OVA, 2 (2018)Terra Formars (2018)Liden Films Inc., Yumeta Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~26min
- OVA, 4 (1988)Vampire Princess MiyuAnime International Co., Inc.HorrorManga~25minVampire Princess Miyu. Is she friend or fiend? As the demonic forces of the Shinma strive to obtain a foothold upon the mortal plane, spiritualist Himiko seeks the truth. Join us now for two elegantly chilling journeys into the Occult - Japanese style!
- OVA, 3 (2004)Le Portrait de Petite CossetteDaumeHorrorOriginal Work~38min"Who loves me so much that he would forsake his own dear life... Is it you?" Eiri, a talented art student, works part-time in an antique shop in a quiet part of town. One afternoon, he uncovers a delicate Venetian glass holding a startling secret within. When Eiri peers into the glass, he can see a young blond girl, her life playing out like a movie solely for him to see. Curious, he stares into the glass, hoping to learn more about the enchanting girl inside. This is Cossette, a mysterious beauty haunting the glass, waiting 250 years for someone to finally see her, and set her free. Eiri is soon obsessed with Cossette, determined to do anything he can to help her. Will Eiri see past all the illusions and discover the tragic truth about Cossette, or will he be consumed by anguish and obsession?
- OVA, 6 (1991)The Guyver II: Bio-Booster ArmorAnimate FilmActionManga~25minSho and his friend Tetsurou stumble upon an odd alien artifact while walking through the woods. Then, the alien artifact breaks free of its metallic bonds and enters Sho's body, turning him into the Guyver. With this new power, Sho must do battle with the evil Chronos corporation and their genetically enhanced Zoanoids, who seek to get the Guyver back into their labs. No one close to Sho is safe from Chronos. He must fight.