- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 64 (2009)Fullmetal Alchemist: BrotherhoodBONES Inc.AdventureManga~25minEdward and Alphonse Elric’s reckless disregard for alchemy’s fundamental laws ripped half of Ed’s limbs from his body and left Al’s soul clinging to a cold suit of armor. To restore what was lost, the brothers scour a war-torn land for the Philosopher’s Stone, a fabled relic which grants the ability to perform alchemy in impossible ways. The Elrics are not alone in their search; the corrupt State Military is eager to harness the artifact’s power. So too are the strange Homunculi and their shadowy creator. The mythical gem lures exotic alchemists from distant kingdoms, scarring some deeply enough to inspire murder. As the Elrics find their course altered by these enemies and allies, their purpose remains unchanged – and their bond unbreakable.
- TV-Series, 37 (2006)Death NoteMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~23minLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal...or his life? Light tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know?
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2SUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe year is now 2018. With Zero dead and the remnants of the Black Knights being swept up by the Britannian forces, a forced state of peace settles over Area 11. The rights of the Elevens remain limited but with no one to lead them and the defeat during the Black Rebellion hanging over them, the Japanese people remain under the boot of Britannian Empire with no hope to overcome this oppression. But forces are moving in the shadows and nothing is quite what it seems are the hopes and dreams of the Black Knights crushed or were the battles up until now a prelude for greater things yet to come?
- TV-Series, 25 (2006)Code Geass: Lelouch of the RebellionSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minOn August 10th of the year 2010 the Holy Empire of Britannia began a campaign of conquest, its sight set on Japan. Operations were completed in one month, thanks to Britannia's deployment of new mobile humanoid armor vehicles dubbed Knightmare Frames. Japan's right and identity were stripped away, the once proud Nation, now known as Aera 11. Its citizens, Elevens, are forced to scratch out a living while the Britannians aristocrats live comfortably within their settlements. Pockets of resistance appear throughout Area 11, working towards independence for Japan. Lelouch, an exiled Imperial Prince of Britannia posing as a student, finds himself in the heart of the ongoing conflict for the island nation. Trough a chance meeting with a mysterious girl named C.C., Lelouch gains his Geass, the power of the king. Now endowed with absolute dominance over any person, Lelouch may now finally realize his goal of bringing down Britannia from within!
- TV-Series, 24 (2011)Steins;GateWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~24minThe story takes place in Akihabara, Tokyo. Rintarou Okabe, a self-proclaimed mad scientiest, is an eccentric person who heads a Futuristic Gadget Research Laboratory. Together with his friends, Mayuri Shiina and Itaru Hashida, he invents all sorts of things that, in actual fact, often don't have a practical use. Later, he accidently builds a time machine, the Phone Microwave. Contrary to his very own belief, the time machine actually works: From now onwards, he is able to send short mails through time to change the past and, eventually, affect the present. Over the course of the story, Okabe Rintarou admits many other people as new members of his Future Gadget Lab like Kurisu Makise, an extremely intelligent 18-year-old scientist. Soon afterwards, the organisation SERN, that also does research on time travel, becomes aware of Rintarou and his effort to revolutionize the process of travelling through time.
- TV-Series, 10 (2019)Attack on Titan Season 3 (Part 2)WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minShingeki no Kyojin Season 3 (2019) is the second part of the third season of the anime adaptation to Hajime Isayama’s manga of the same name and seamlessly continues its prequel. After Hanji failed to analyse the Titan Serum, Erwin decided to entrust Levi with the serum and risk administering it to someone who really needs it. With their plan to reconquer Wall Maria from the Titans, this could come to pass sooner than the scouts would like. The tensions within the squad rise and the emotions lie fallow … So during dinner on the eve of the operation there are more than a few arguments between the members. But the cheering and encouragement from the inhabitants of Trost District the next morning once again awakens the honour and resolve of the Scout Squad, while Berthold and Reiner stand guard on Wall Maria. What will happen with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, and what about the two corpses that cause a violent conflict between Eren, Mikasa, and Levi …?
- Movie, 1 (2016)A Silent VoiceKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaManga~129minA deaf elementary school girl, Shoko Nishimiya, upon transferring, meets a boy named Shoya Ishida in her new class. Shoya, who is not deaf, leads the class in bullying Shoko, because she is deaf. As the bullying continues, the class starts to bully Shoya for bullying Shoko. After graduating from elementary school, Shoko and Shoya do not speak to each other… until later, when Shoya, tormented over his past, decides he must see Shoko once more. Shoya wants to make amends for what he did in elementary school and be Shoko's friend. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)ErasedA-1 Pictures Inc.ThrillerManga~23minProtagonist Satoru Fujinuma possesses a supernatural ability which he calls “Revival.” This power causes him to time travel and sends him right back to before the occurance of certain life-threatening events, enabling him to prevent these tragedies. When his life is being turned upside-down after having been discharged from the hospital, Satoru’s ability triggers and he is sent back to when he was an elementary school student—to around the time when his classmate Kayo went missing. Now it is on him to solve the mystery surrounding a series of kidnappings and to protect his childhood friends.
- Movie, 1 (2010)The Disappearance of Haruhi SuzumiyaKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~161minWhere has Haruhi gone?! On December 17th, Kyon's life was abnormal: he spent his free time with an alien robot (Yuki), a time traveler (Mikuru), and an ESPer (Koizumi), trying to keep a headstrong classmate (the eponymous Haruhi) entertained so that she wouldn't unintentionally destroy the world. On December 18th, Kyon's life becomes...normal. Haruhi has disappeared as if she never attended their high school. Yuki is now a shy bookworm, Mikuru has lost all memory of Kyon, Koizumi is nowhere to be found, and only Kyon can see that things have changed. Now he has to decide whether he'll fix it or not.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Steins;Gate: The Movie - Load Region of Deja VuWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~90minKurisu has returned to Akihabara after a year in America, and although she and Okabe have a somewhat romantic reunion, their time together does not last long. Okabe begins to have images of other timelines, and ultimately disappears from everyone's sights and memories. Kurisu must fight against her own heart to decide whether to follow the path of a scientist and follow Okabe's words to not go back in time to get him back, or let her emotions drive her to save her most precious person, no matter what dangerous effects it may have on the world.
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Attack on TitanWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minSeveral hundred years ago, mankind was nearly wiped out by the titans. The aggressive giants are much taller and – physically – stronger than humans, however less intelligent. Furthermore, it seems that they eat humans just for fun. Only few people survived these attacks because they entrenched themselves behind tremendous walls. The city was safe from titans for about 100 years. Nevertheless, the adolescent Eren Yeager and his foster-sister Mikasa Ackerman have to watch how the city walls are destroyed by an incredibly big titan. As a result, many small titans are able to enter the city and wreak havoc. To make matters worse, Eren has to witness the death of his mother who is eaten by a titan. Henceforth, he is hellbent on vengeance..
- Movie, 1 (2009)Evangelion: 2.22 - You Can (Not) AdvanceStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~112minNew Pilots, New Evas, New Angels The landmark anime Evangelion evolves, reaching new heights of intensity in the new feature film: Evangelion 2.22. In this explosive new story, brutal action and primal emotion clash as a group of young pilots maneuver their towering, cyborg Eva Units into combat against a deadly and disturbing enemy. In the battle to prevent the apocalyptic Third Impact, Shinji and Rei were forced to carry humanity's hopes on their shoulders. Now, as the onslaught of the bizarre, monstrous Angels escalates, they find their burden shared by two new Eva pilots, the fiery Asuka and the mysterious Mari. In this thrilling new experience for fans of giant robot destruction, the young pilots fight desperately to save mankind and struggle to save themselves.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)The Promised NeverlandCloverWorksHorrorManga~23min
- Movie, 1 (2008)The Garden of Sinners: Paradox Spiralufotable, Inc.DramaLight Novel~114minShiki meets a boy named Tomoe Enjou, a runaway who claims to be a murderer. Shiki allows Tomoe to use her apartment as his hideout. And from that day onward, their strange cohabitation begins. But then one day, Tomoe sees his mother whom he's sure he's killed. Shiki and Tomoe head for the Enjou residence in the Ogawa Complex where the two see Tomoe's parents alive! There Shiki encounters a mage named Souren Araya and finds that he is the mastermind behind all of the incidents involving her up to then. Shiki finds herself trapped within spirals of paradox. And this is only the beginning of a vicious plot by Souren Araya, the powerful sorcerer and archrival of Touko. The fifth movie in chronological timeline.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Attack on Titan Season 3WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Parasyte: The MaximMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~23minShinichi Izumi is a normal high school boy whose right hand has become infected with an alien parasite that names itself Migi (Jap. for "right"). Migi is the first parasite to develop a symbiotic relationship with its host, as he and Shinichi slowly develop a grudging friendship. Migi isn't the only Parasite on earth, however, and as cases of Parasites killing humans begin to emerge, humans seek to kill off Parasites. Shinichi and Migi find themselves caught in between these two sides of the struggle over planet Earth.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Attack on Titan Season 2WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2009)The Garden of Sinners: A Study in Murder – Part 2ufotable, Inc.DramaLight Novel~120minShiki awakes from her coma and starts to live a new life. Meanwhile, a series of murders are occurring after four years of silence. “Who is the murderer?” The incidents remind her of a murderous impulse hidden inside her soul and “SHIKI”, her lost alternate persona. While Shiki searches for a suspect, Mikiya also starts an investigation of his own to prove Shiki is innocent. As he follows a lead of a drug dealer, Mikiya comes across Rio Shirazumi, who was a senior at his high school. Mikiya finds out that Rio is the one who sells the drug called “blood chip” and tries to convince him to stop, but he is instead harmed by Rio. The seventh movie in chronological timeline.
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Made in AbyssKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)The Rising of the Shield HeroKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 22 (2017)March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2SHAFT Inc.DramaManga~25min
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Violet EvergardenKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~24minViolet Evergarden tells the story of Violet who heard words on the battlefield that she cannot forget. These words, the meaning of which she doesn’t yet know, came from someone she loved very much. Some time passed on the continent of Telesis and the great war that divided it into a northern and a southern half ended, while its people welcomed a new era. Now, after the wounds of young Violet, who was formerly called a “weapon”, have healed, she begins a new life at the CH Postal Service. There she encounters the profession of an “Auto Memories Doll” and feels the desire to become one herself. She hopes that this work will one day enable her to understand the words she once heard.
- TV-Series, 12 (2006)Black Lagoon: The Second BarrageMADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~24minA recent string of murders is the talk of the town. Not that murder is anything unusual, but the twin killers are targeting Hotel Moscow! The delicate balance of power held by the mafia leaders crumbles as the sickening slaughter escalates into a full-blown war of attrition. No quarter is given and none asked for as Balalaika and her soldiers are forced to recall a time when their deadliest enemies were children named Hansel and Gretel.
- TV-Series, 13 (2004)Elfen LiedArms Corporation, Studio Guts Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~25minLucy, a beautiful young mutant, is bred by the government to be the ultimate weapon. Armed with unfathomable powers, she escapes her handlers, but loses her memory in the process. Fortunately, our young waif is taken in by two well-meaning students. Now, with government killers on her trail, the disposition of a five year old, and a hair trigger for ultraviolence, Lucy and her young friends must unravel the dark secret of her legacy before it’s too late.
- TV-Series, 74 (2004)MonsterMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~24minDr. Kenzo Tenma is a neurosurgeon who lives in the City of Dusseldorf. He is one of the very best neurosurgeons in Germany because of his social and medical skills. He loves people and always makes the best of every operation. Nevertheless, he feels ill at ease because of the decisions of the superiors: He has to give important and rich people preference to increase the reputation of the hospital. This is incompatible with Tenma's own opinion on equality. Over the course of the story, Tenma has to treat several patients and he is forced to prefer the people who are more important and influential. Later, he notices what he did, when he is ordered to operate a politician instead of a small boy who suffers from enormous blood loss – as a result of a head shot – . Tenma decides to ignore the order and continue operating on this small boy named Johann. However, soon it becomes clear to Tenma that Johann is not just a "normal" boy.
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)Welcome to the N.H.K.Gonzo K.K.DramaLight Novel~24minSatou's life - or what' sleft of it - is a paranoid mess of conspiracy theories and social anxieties. He's terrified of the outside world; his apartment is overflowing with the remnants of cheap take-out food and his retinas have been permanently scarred by a steady diet of internet port. But maybe it's not all his fault. After all, the nefarious N-H-K is out there and they're determined to turn society's fringe-dwellers into a brainwashed lot of jobless, hopeless, futureless recluses Enter Misaki - a mysterious girl next door type who is Satou's last chance to beat down his inner demons and venture out into the light of day. She's already to help him overcome his crippling phobias. but Satou would rather cower in this existential foxhole and pressed to work on the demo for his virtual sex game. He's afraid to face the world. She's strangely desperate to the total stranger
- Movie, 3 (2016)KizumonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~72min
- OVA, 8 (2002)Hunter x Hunter: Original Video AnimationNippon Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~23minGon and Killua help Kurapica search for the Spider Gang in order to seek revenge for horrors commited in the past. Continuation of TV Series.
- TV-Series, 13 (2019)Mob Psycho 100 IIBONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2006)Black LagoonMADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~24minRokuro Okajima is meek, mundane and metropolitan. His business trip to South East Asia turns from pleasure cruise to festival of pain when modern day pirates board the ship and take him hostage. Revy, Dutch and Benny are merciless, maniacal and mean. Together, they make up the crew of the Black Lagoon. Making a living in a city where the most villainous of villains make themselves at home isn't without its risks, but they take on any job available to them. Smuggling guns, drugs, kidnapped children and stolen goods is all part of a hard days work.
- TV-Series, 25 (2016)Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another WorldWhite FoxDramaLight Novel~25minAn autosave option can save your bum or it can be your worst enemy! Subaru Natsuki finds himself wondering about this very dilemma time after time, ever since being suddenly and mysteriously summoned to another world. Being the otaku that he is, he’s waiting for ‒ hoping for, really ‒ his new superpowers to awaken. Turns out, the one superpower that was bestowed upon him is turning back time. “Neat!,” one might think; too bad he has to die for his power to activate . . . and to make matters worse, nobody but him can remember anything from in-between “reaching his last checkpoint” and dying. Being saved by and instantly infatuated with a mysterious and beautiful girl with long silver hair, he wishes for nothing more than to repay her and get closer to her. How do you repay someone who saved you, though, if you’re all but powerless and just about all you can do is die?
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter experiencing a bizarre dream, Madoka Kaname, a kind 14-year-old girl, encounters a magical creature named Kyube. Madoka and her friend Sayaka Miki are offered the opportunity of gaining magical powers if they agree to make a contract with the strange little being. He will also grant them one wish, but in exchange they shall risk their lives by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Invisible to human eyes, witches are catalysts of despair in the areas they inhabit. An ally of Kyube, a magical girl named Mami Tomoe, befriends and encourages the two girls to accept the contract. For an unknown reason, another magical girl named Homura Akemi is determined to prevent Madoka from accepting the deal.
- Movie, 1 (2006)The Girl Who Leapt Through TimeMADHOUSE Inc.DramaNovel~100minWhat would you do if you could leap backward through time? When 17 year old Makoto Konno gains this ability after an accident in her high school chemistry lab, she immediately sets about improving her grades and preventing personal mishaps. Before long however, she realizes that even innocuous changes can have terrible consequences. Changing the past is not as simple as it seems, and eventually Makoto will have to rely on her new powers to shape the future for herself and her friends.
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)When They CryStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual Novel~24minIt's tough to be the new guy in town, but when Keiichi joins an after school club with four cute girls, he thinks he's got it made. Then he learns about demonic cults, the failed dam construction project and the murders that happen every year after the town festival. How many of his "friends" from his club are involved- and what are their plans for him?!
- TV-Series, 22 (2012)Psycho-PassProduction I.G., Inc.CrimeOriginal Work~23minThe Sibyl System was meant to grind all criminal activity to a permanent halt, but something’s gone horribly wrong. A deranged genius known as Makishima has mastered the art of justifying his own heinous deeds, leaving the Dominator powerless to stop his reign of terror. At the first sign of the system cracking, thugs take to the streets, terrorizing the innocent while wearing special helmets that prevent their cruel intentions from being detected. With their futuristic weaponry powerless to stop the bloody rampage, Inspector Akane and her Enforcer, Kogami, must take an old-fashioned approach to the law. While Akane infiltrates the Sibyl System to discover how far the corruption has spread, Kogami doggedly tracks Makishima, setting the stage for a violent and shocking final showdown!
- TV-Series, 50 (2005)Eureka Seven: Psalms of PlanetsBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minApart from hover-boarding, fourteen year-old Renton Thurston finds his life boring until a large LFO robot called the Nirvash crashes into his room one day without warning. The pilot of the LFO is a beautiful young girl named Eureka, who has come to have her LFO serviced in the garage run by his family. But following her are the Gekkostate, a small band of guerilla fighters, and a United Federation Forces KLF unit.
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIGProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~25minSet in a re-imagined Hong Kong at a time when cyberspace is expanding into human reality, the story follows top cyberwarrior Major Motoko Kusanagi as she hovers on the border of total immersion in the digital world.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 2: EternalSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~110minMadoka learns from Kyubey, whose real identity is Incubator, that his species makes contracts to make girls into magical girls that inevitably become witches in order to use the energy that spawns from their despair to counter entropy in the universe. Kyouko, hoping for a chance that Sayaka can be made human again, takes Madoka with her to try and reach her humanity. This ultimately fails, with Kyouko choosing to sacrifice herself to destroy Sayaka with her. Meanwhile, it is revealed that Homura comes from another timeline, having relived the same month several times in the hope of saving Madoka from a grim fate at the hands of the ultimate witch, Walpurgisnacht. Homura attempts to face Walpurgisnacht, but is ultimately defeated and draws close to despair, feeling her efforts have become pointless. Just then, Madoka appears and uses the built up energy from several timelines to become a powerful magical girl capable of eliminating witches before they are born.
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)When They Cry: KaiStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaVisual Novel~24minThe endless cycle of hatred and death that befell the small village of Hinamizawa continues. Rika Furude, who is the sole witness of all those tragedies, tries to find a way out of it with her friends' help, without knowing if there is one after all.
- Movie, 1 (1995)Ghost in the ShellProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~79minIn the year 2029, the barriers of our world have been broken down by the net and by cybernetics, but this brings new vulnerability to humans in the form of brain-hacking. When a highly-wanted hacker known as "The Puppetmaster" begins involving them in politics, Section 9, a group of cybernetically enhanced cops, are called in to investigate and stop the Puppetmaster. The pursuit will call into question what makes a human and what is the Puppetmaster in a world where the distinction between human and machine is increasingly blurry.