- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- OVA, 6 (?)6 Lovers?Manga~?min
- OVA, 1 (2019)Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai OADRomantic ComedyManga~?min
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Go-Toubun no Hanayome 2Romantic ComedyManga~?min
- Bonus, 1 (2019)Nande Koko ni Sensei ga!? (2019)Romantic Comedy~?min
- Movie, 1 (2019)Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming GirlCloverWorksRomantic ComedyLight Novel~89minGekijouban Seishun Buta Yarou wa Yumemiru Shoujo no Yume o Minai, the anime film of the “Seishun Buta Yarou” light novel, focuses on its sixth and seventh volumes. This time the plot focuses on Sakuta’s first love Shouko Makinohara. While Shouko, as a middle school student, continues to take care of her little cat Hayate, who still lives at Sakuta and Kaede’s, she doesn’t seem to be able to ask her parents if she can take the cat home with her. After Shouko leaves the Azusagawa household, it’s finally time for Sakuta to devote himself fully to his beloved Mai, but the sweet togetherness doesn’t last long, for no sooner had she started cooking than the doorbell rings … and there’s none other than Shouko Makinohara—the high school student! After Kaede gets tired of the two girls fighting over Sakuta she retreats back to her room Mai starts interrogating Shouko: What is she? What is she doing here? And what’s all this about? And Shouko doesn’t beat about the bush either—she wants to be with Sakuta and spend Christmas with him, because she loves him! Sakuta now finds himself in a tight spot—the woman he loves or his past first love … But this is by far not the only cruel decision Sakuta has to make in the course of the coming weeks, because “the Shoukos” have much more in store for him! And to make matters worse, the mysterious wound on his chest opens up again, too …
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Ten CountRomanceManga~?min
- Movie, 1 (2019)Bai She: Yuan QiLight Chaser Animation Studios?~99min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (2019)Romantic ComedyManga~?minWith Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (2019) the anime adaptation to Taishi Tsutsuis’s manga of the same name enters its second round. After the unusually eventful study sessions of the high-school students around Nariyuki Yuiga ended in extremely suggestive situations more than once and Nariyuki—gentleman that he is—had to assist his female companions (be it Sensei, Senpai or a girl of the same age), the summer came to an end with the big summer festival. Again Nariyuki miraculously met all the usual suspects and while he and Uruka helped out at the Udon stand of Rize’s family, Kirisu-sensei went to great lengths to drive the owner of the shooting gallery into financial ruin … But when two little girls got lost at night and cried for their mother, both Nariyuki and Fumino couldn’t help but assist the two—although that made them miss the last train home. With the feelings of the girls in turmoil and with clear goals in mind, the journey through the rocky landscape of studying continues! And believe you me, all of them still have a lot to learn—no matter if they’re still aiming for university access, if they have already left high school behind or if they’re experienced in standing in front of a class themselves …
- Movie, 1 (2020)Gekijouban Violet EvergardenKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~?min
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Yahari Ore no Seishun LoveCome wa Machigatte Iru. 3feel.Romantic ComedyLight Novel~?min
- TV-Series, 24 (2019)Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of UnderworldA-1 Pictures Inc.AdventureLight Novel~?minSword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld continues the “Alicization” storyline of the anime adaptation to Reki Kawahara’s “Sword Art Online” light novel. The long ascent to the highest level of the cathedral demanded a lot of Kirito and Eugeo and their reunion with Alice was nothing short of disastrous … After the confrontation, Eugeo had to continue his way to the top separated from Kirito and Alice, who now worked together to climb the outer wall of the tower. When they finally arrived on the top floors, not only was it up to them to get the brainwashed Eugeo back on the right track, but the fight against the Administrator was imminent. Kirito and his friends were able to successfully endure this battle, but the price for this hard-won victory was high. Not only did Alice’s memory module and Cardinal fall victim to Administrator, but Eugeo also gave his life to guarantee the victory of his friends …! Quinella’s attempt to escape and the heavy attack on the Rath research facility, however, leave behind a more than uncertain future for Kirito, Alice, and the other inhabitants of Underworld. What will happen next and what about Kikuoka’s final instructions? Could they be the salvation for Kirito …?
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave Films Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~107minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- TV-Series, 26 (2019)Miraculous Ladybug Season 3Action ComedyOriginal Work~22min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Shokugeki no Souma: Shin no SaraJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~?minShokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara, the fourth season of the anime version of the “Shokugeki no Souma” manga, continues the culinary adventures of Souma Yukihira and his friends. After the exhausting train ride and the many battles the “rebels” had to fight on the way, the Battle Royale Shokugeki is now in full swing! Souma had to dig deep into his bag of tricks in order to find enough comrades for the Battle Royale, since all members of his gang except him, Erina, Megumi, and Takumi had already been eliminated—that is, defeated and put in a cage. But with Isshiki, Kuga, Subaru, and the former third seat of the “Elite 10”—Tousuke Megishima—Souma has put together an extremely powerful team! And in the very first round of the Battle Royale, the members of Azami’s Central and the audience get a taste of the power Souma’s team brings to the table! Not only can the two former “Elite 10” members—Isshiki and Tousuke—easily bring their opponents to their knees, but Souma, who has to compete with the Soba specialist Nene Kinokuni in her own field of expertise of all things, also emerges victorious! A glorious 3-0 start for the rebel team in the Battle Royale Shokugeki, which is now entering its second round. Who will step up next and when will Central bring their two star players, Rindou and Eishi, onto the field?
- TV-Series, 24 (2011)Steins;GateWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~24minThe story takes place in Akihabara, Tokyo. Rintarou Okabe, a self-proclaimed mad scientiest, is an eccentric person who heads a Futuristic Gadget Research Laboratory. Together with his friends, Mayuri Shiina and Itaru Hashida, he invents all sorts of things that, in actual fact, often don't have a practical use. Later, he accidently builds a time machine, the Phone Microwave. Contrary to his very own belief, the time machine actually works: From now onwards, he is able to send short mails through time to change the past and, eventually, affect the present. Over the course of the story, Okabe Rintarou admits many other people as new members of his Future Gadget Lab like Kurisu Makise, an extremely intelligent 18-year-old scientist. Soon afterwards, the organisation SERN, that also does research on time travel, becomes aware of Rintarou and his effort to revolutionize the process of travelling through time.
- TV-Series, 43 (1999)GTO: Great Teacher OnizukaPierrot Co., Ltd.DramaManga~26minEikichi Onizuka is the teacher in every parent's nightmares, which may be the reason so many ninth-graders adore him. Built like a brick sushi bar, the 22-year-old Onizuka is a second-degree black belt in karate, a former biker, a foul-mouthed chain-smoker, and a lecher. But he's fanatically devoted to the idea of being a teacher and cares passionately about his students. Onizuka administers a broadly comic mixture of tough love and Clint Eastwood-style vigilante justice, which is just what's needed. Every student at Holy Forest Middle School seems to be a misfit, a thug, a bully, and/or the product of an unhappy home. Onizuka's actions bring him into conflict with parents, rival teachers, the PTA, various watchdog groups, and the sniveling vice-principal, none of whom can stop him.
- TV-Series, 24 (2008)Clannad After StoryKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minA few months have passed since Tomoya declared his love to Nagisa. Now their relationship is entering a new phase, and neither is quite sure where it will take them. As their friends move on to lives of their own, Tomoya and Nagisa get ready to start a family of their own. But Nagisa's health has always been precarious, and an event that should bring nothing but joy delivers tragedy instead. Now Tomoya must learn to accept the bitter with the sweet and to understand that the most important thing is to hold onto love, no matter what.
- Movie, 1 (2016)A Silent VoiceKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaManga~129minA deaf elementary school girl, Shoko Nishimiya, upon transferring, meets a boy named Shoya Ishida in her new class. Shoya, who is not deaf, leads the class in bullying Shoko, because she is deaf. As the bullying continues, the class starts to bully Shoya for bullying Shoko. After graduating from elementary school, Shoko and Shoya do not speak to each other… until later, when Shoya, tormented over his past, decides he must see Shoko once more. Shoya wants to make amends for what he did in elementary school and be Shoko's friend. (from manga)
- Movie, 1 (2018)I Want to Eat Your Pancreasstudio VOLN Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~108min
- Movie, 1 (2013)Steins;Gate: The Movie - Load Region of Deja VuWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~90minKurisu has returned to Akihabara after a year in America, and although she and Okabe have a somewhat romantic reunion, their time together does not last long. Okabe begins to have images of other timelines, and ultimately disappears from everyone's sights and memories. Kurisu must fight against her own heart to decide whether to follow the path of a scientist and follow Okabe's words to not go back in time to get him back, or let her emotions drive her to save her most precious person, no matter what dangerous effects it may have on the world.
- TV-Series, 75 (2000)Fighting SpiritMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~24minIppo Makunouchi's gentle spirit and lack of confidence make him an easy target for the bullies at his high school who regularly beat him up. Then, he's rescued from a beating by Takamura, a larger-than-life professional boxer who inspires Ippo to learn the art of boxing. After passing one of Takamura's outrageous tests, Ippo attempts to join the Kamogawa Boxing Club, but Chief Kamogawa refuses to believe Ippo has a fighter's spirit and requires Ippo to spar with Miyata, an extraordinarily talented and skilled boxer. Can Ippo even survive the first round?!
- TV-Series, 12 (2009)Spice and Wolf IIMarvy Jack, Brain's BaseAdventureLight Novel~24minThe journey through the wild countryside continues for the merchant Lawrence and his traveling companion, Holo the untamed harvest goddess. As their winding path takes them from village to village, Lawrence and Holo reap the bounty of an ever-strengthening bond, depending on his street smarts and her animal instincts to lead them to the feisty deity's northern home.
- TV-Series, 22 (2014)Your Lie in AprilA-1 Pictures Inc.Sentimental DramaManga~23minKōsei Arima was a piano prodigy until his mother died when he was eleven years old. The shock of losing her made him lose any interest in piano, and his life has felt monotonous ever since. Then, when he's fourteen, his childhood friend Tsubaki introduces him to her classmate Kaori, a free-spirited violinist. Her enthusiasm reignites his interest in music and in life.
- Movie, 1 (1997)Princess MononokeStudio GhibliAdventureOriginal Work~133minYoung Ashitaka receives a fatal infection after a demonic wild boar attacks his northern village. Seeking a cure, he sets out to locate the deer-like god Shishigami. Along the way, he sees the rape of the Earth by a mining village. The constant plundering by the village has brought the wrath of the Wolf God, Moro, who attacks the village along with San, a human who was raised by the wolf god. She communicates with the nature spirits.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Toradora!J.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyLight Novel~25minDue to his frightening appearance, Ryuuji lives a rather unfortunate life. On the first day of his junior year of high school, he meets a strange girl named Taiga - better known as the Palm-top Tiger! Despite looking small and cute, she's extremely short-tempered, and nobody can stop her once she starts throwing punches. However, Ryuuji learns a secret about Taiga that nobody else knows... The dragon and the tiger join forces to bring you a monolithic romantic comedy!
- OVA, 4 (2015)Kamisama Hajimemashita: Kako-henTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~30min
- OVA, 4 (1999)Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & BetrayalStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~29minNineteenth century Japan: a land torn by rebellion and civil warfare; small bands of soldiers roam the land, seeking to overthrow the tyrannical Tokugawa Shogunate. Enter the young orphan Kenshin, trained as a fighter by the master swordsman Hiko. Kenshin's desire for peace is at odds with his brutal life, and the tension seems unreconcilable until he meets a mysterious woman named Tomoe. The enigmatic Tomoe's actions may show Kenshin that another life can exist for him, or may instead conceal a destructive secret. Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal Director's Cut follows the progress of the rebellion against the Shogunate and the complex evolution of Kenshin's and Tomoe's involvement, and reveals how Kenshin received the distinctive cross-shaped facial scar that gives the film its name.
- TV-Series, 47 (2006)NanaMADHOUSE Inc.Romantic DramaManga~23minTwo girls with the same name leave their old lives behind and come to Tokyo to start fresh--what adventures await these two hopeful young women under the bright lights of the big city? Nana Osaki wants nothing more than to make it big as the singer of a rock 'n' roll band, while Nana Komatsu wants to put her life in motion and get her new relationship off to a good start. When the two Nanas fall in love with the same apartment, they become roommates and then best friends, and the party has just begun!
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Parasyte: The MaximMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~23minShinichi Izumi is a normal high school boy whose right hand has become infected with an alien parasite that names itself Migi (Jap. for "right"). Migi is the first parasite to develop a symbiotic relationship with its host, as he and Shinichi slowly develop a grudging friendship. Migi isn't the only Parasite on earth, however, and as cases of Parasites killing humans begin to emerge, humans seek to kill off Parasites. Shinichi and Migi find themselves caught in between these two sides of the struggle over planet Earth.
- Movie, 1 (2009)The Garden of Sinners: A Study in Murder – Part 2ufotable, Inc.DramaLight Novel~120minShiki awakes from her coma and starts to live a new life. Meanwhile, a series of murders are occurring after four years of silence. “Who is the murderer?” The incidents remind her of a murderous impulse hidden inside her soul and “SHIKI”, her lost alternate persona. While Shiki searches for a suspect, Mikiya also starts an investigation of his own to prove Shiki is innocent. As he follows a lead of a drug dealer, Mikiya comes across Rio Shirazumi, who was a senior at his high school. Mikiya finds out that Rio is the one who sells the drug called “blood chip” and tries to convince him to stop, but he is instead harmed by Rio. The seventh movie in chronological timeline.
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Bakuman Season 3J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24minMoritaka Mashiro and Akito Takagi have come a long way since they started making manga in middle school, but trials still await them as they head towards their goal of getting an anime adaptation for one of their manga. As they continue to grow as artists and as people, they will be faced with new friends, new rivals, and new hurdles to overcome.
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)The Rising of the Shield HeroKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 24 (2015)Food Wars! Shokugeki no SomaJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~25minSoma Yukihira is a son of a restaurant owner. He's talented at cooking and can make new dishes, mostly weird and epic combinations (squid and peanut butter) but this wide imagination of his also led him to create wonderful and unique foods. However, two to three years from now, the restaurant is on the verge of closing since his father will be working together with his friend. Before the time comes, Soma began studying in Engetsu Teahouse Culinary Academy, Japan's top culinary academy. For him to continue their restaurant business, he must learn and improve his cooking skills in this prestigious academy.
- Movie, 1 (2017)No Game, No Life ZeroMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~106minSix thousand years before Sora and Shiro were even a blink in the history of Disboard, war consumed the land, tearing apart the heavens, destroying stars, and even threatening to wipe out the human race. Amid the chaos and destruction, a young man named Riku leads humanity toward the tomorrow his heart believed in. One day, in the ruins of an Elf city, he meets Shuvi, a female exiled “Ex-machina” android who asks him to teach her what it means to have a human heart.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Food Wars! The Third Plate (Totsuki Train-Arc)J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Violet EvergardenKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~24minViolet Evergarden tells the story of Violet who heard words on the battlefield that she cannot forget. These words, the meaning of which she doesn’t yet know, came from someone she loved very much. Some time passed on the continent of Telesis and the great war that divided it into a northern and a southern half ended, while its people welcomed a new era. Now, after the wounds of young Violet, who was formerly called a “weapon”, have healed, she begins a new life at the CH Postal Service. There she encounters the profession of an “Auto Memories Doll” and feels the desire to become one herself. She hopes that this work will one day enable her to understand the words she once heard.
- TV-Series, 11 (2011)AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That DayA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minJintas life is a dead end. Instead of attending school he spends his time at home doing nothing and nobody seems to care about him any longer. But it wasn't always like that. When he was still at elementary school, he was the head of his five friends and together they had a lively childhood, playing superheroes. Six years later nothing remained of this friendship because everyone went their own ways. Anaru has found new friends Yukiatsu and Tsuruko are attending an elite school and Poppo is travelling the world. But when Menma appears before Jinta and requests her wish to be granted it's up to him to gather the old friends and to overcome not only his own personnel problems.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Maquia: When the Promised Flower BloomsP.A. Works Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~115min
- TV-Series, 13 (2004)Elfen LiedArms Corporation, Studio Guts Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~25minLucy, a beautiful young mutant, is bred by the government to be the ultimate weapon. Armed with unfathomable powers, she escapes her handlers, but loses her memory in the process. Fortunately, our young waif is taken in by two well-meaning students. Now, with government killers on her trail, the disposition of a five year old, and a hair trigger for ultraviolence, Lucy and her young friends must unravel the dark secret of her legacy before it’s too late.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Food Wars! The Third PlateJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24min