- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave Films Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~107minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- TV-Series, 24 (2011)Steins;GateWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~24minThe story takes place in Akihabara, Tokyo. Rintarou Okabe, a self-proclaimed mad scientiest, is an eccentric person who heads a Futuristic Gadget Research Laboratory. Together with his friends, Mayuri Shiina and Itaru Hashida, he invents all sorts of things that, in actual fact, often don't have a practical use. Later, he accidently builds a time machine, the Phone Microwave. Contrary to his very own belief, the time machine actually works: From now onwards, he is able to send short mails through time to change the past and, eventually, affect the present. Over the course of the story, Okabe Rintarou admits many other people as new members of his Future Gadget Lab like Kurisu Makise, an extremely intelligent 18-year-old scientist. Soon afterwards, the organisation SERN, that also does research on time travel, becomes aware of Rintarou and his effort to revolutionize the process of travelling through time.
- TV-Series, 24 (2008)Clannad After StoryKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minA few months have passed since Tomoya declared his love to Nagisa. Now their relationship is entering a new phase, and neither is quite sure where it will take them. As their friends move on to lives of their own, Tomoya and Nagisa get ready to start a family of their own. But Nagisa's health has always been precarious, and an event that should bring nothing but joy delivers tragedy instead. Now Tomoya must learn to accept the bitter with the sweet and to understand that the most important thing is to hold onto love, no matter what.
- Movie, 1 (2016)A Silent VoiceKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaManga~129minA deaf elementary school girl, Shoko Nishimiya, upon transferring, meets a boy named Shoya Ishida in her new class. Shoya, who is not deaf, leads the class in bullying Shoko, because she is deaf. As the bullying continues, the class starts to bully Shoya for bullying Shoko. After graduating from elementary school, Shoko and Shoya do not speak to each other… until later, when Shoya, tormented over his past, decides he must see Shoko once more. Shoya wants to make amends for what he did in elementary school and be Shoko's friend. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 43 (1999)GTO: Great Teacher OnizukaPierrot Co., Ltd.DramaManga~26minEikichi Onizuka is the teacher in every parent's nightmares, which may be the reason so many ninth-graders adore him. Built like a brick sushi bar, the 22-year-old Onizuka is a second-degree black belt in karate, a former biker, a foul-mouthed chain-smoker, and a lecher. But he's fanatically devoted to the idea of being a teacher and cares passionately about his students. Onizuka administers a broadly comic mixture of tough love and Clint Eastwood-style vigilante justice, which is just what's needed. Every student at Holy Forest Middle School seems to be a misfit, a thug, a bully, and/or the product of an unhappy home. Onizuka's actions bring him into conflict with parents, rival teachers, the PTA, various watchdog groups, and the sniveling vice-principal, none of whom can stop him.
- Movie, 1 (2018)I Want to Eat Your Pancreasstudio VOLN Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~108min
- Movie, 1 (2013)Steins;Gate: The Movie - Load Region of Deja VuWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~90minKurisu has returned to Akihabara after a year in America, and although she and Okabe have a somewhat romantic reunion, their time together does not last long. Okabe begins to have images of other timelines, and ultimately disappears from everyone's sights and memories. Kurisu must fight against her own heart to decide whether to follow the path of a scientist and follow Okabe's words to not go back in time to get him back, or let her emotions drive her to save her most precious person, no matter what dangerous effects it may have on the world.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Weathering With YouCoMix Wave Films Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~114minIn the original anime Tenki no Ko we follow the high school student Hodaka Morishima, who is sick of life on his small home island cut off from the outside world and thus moves from there to Tokyo. No sooner has he arrived in the urban metropolitan jungle housing millions than he has to realize that he is broke … He spends his days in isolation and lives from hand to mouth until one day he finally gets a job as an author for a rather questionable occultism magazine. However, Hodaka doesn’t go about work with real motivation until he meets Hina in the hustle and bustle of the big city. Hina lives alone with her younger brother and even though they don’t have much, they still live a happy life. She knows how to inspire the young Hodaka not only with her cheerful nature, but also with her very special ability: she can influence the weather and on a rainy day she can let the sun shine as if by command … As the relationship between the two young people develops, however, dark clouds emerge over their seemingly carefree lives, for a girl who dares intervene with the laws of nature must be prepared to pay a heavy price …!
- TV-Series, 75 (2000)Fighting SpiritMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~24minIppo Makunouchi's gentle spirit and lack of confidence make him an easy target for the bullies at his high school who regularly beat him up. Then, he's rescued from a beating by Takamura, a larger-than-life professional boxer who inspires Ippo to learn the art of boxing. After passing one of Takamura's outrageous tests, Ippo attempts to join the Kamogawa Boxing Club, but Chief Kamogawa refuses to believe Ippo has a fighter's spirit and requires Ippo to spar with Miyata, an extraordinarily talented and skilled boxer. Can Ippo even survive the first round?!
- TV-Series, 22 (2014)Your Lie in AprilA-1 Pictures Inc.Sentimental DramaManga~23minKōsei Arima was a piano prodigy until his mother died when he was eleven years old. The shock of losing her made him lose any interest in piano, and his life has felt monotonous ever since. Then, when he's fourteen, his childhood friend Tsubaki introduces him to her classmate Kaori, a free-spirited violinist. Her enthusiasm reignites his interest in music and in life.
- Movie, 1 (1997)Princess MononokeStudio GhibliAdventureOriginal Work~133minYoung Ashitaka receives a fatal infection after a demonic wild boar attacks his northern village. Seeking a cure, he sets out to locate the deer-like god Shishigami. Along the way, he sees the rape of the Earth by a mining village. The constant plundering by the village has brought the wrath of the Wolf God, Moro, who attacks the village along with San, a human who was raised by the wolf god. She communicates with the nature spirits.
- TV-Series, 12 (2009)Spice and Wolf: Season 2Marvy Jack, Brain's BaseAdventureLight Novel~24minThe journey through the wild countryside continues for the merchant Lawrence and his traveling companion, Holo the untamed harvest goddess. As their winding path takes them from village to village, Lawrence and Holo reap the bounty of an ever-strengthening bond, depending on his street smarts and her animal instincts to lead them to the feisty deity's northern home.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Toradora!J.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyLight Novel~25minDue to his frightening appearance, Ryuuji lives a rather unfortunate life. On the first day of his junior year of high school, he meets a strange girl named Taiga - better known as the Palm-top Tiger! Despite looking small and cute, she's extremely short-tempered, and nobody can stop her once she starts throwing punches. However, Ryuuji learns a secret about Taiga that nobody else knows... The dragon and the tiger join forces to bring you a monolithic romantic comedy!
- OVA, 4 (1999)Rurouni Kenshin: Trust & BetrayalStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~29minNineteenth century Japan: a land torn by rebellion and civil warfare; small bands of soldiers roam the land, seeking to overthrow the tyrannical Tokugawa Shogunate. Enter the young orphan Kenshin, trained as a fighter by the master swordsman Hiko. Kenshin's desire for peace is at odds with his brutal life, and the tension seems unreconcilable until he meets a mysterious woman named Tomoe. The enigmatic Tomoe's actions may show Kenshin that another life can exist for him, or may instead conceal a destructive secret. Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal Director's Cut follows the progress of the rebellion against the Shogunate and the complex evolution of Kenshin's and Tomoe's involvement, and reveals how Kenshin received the distinctive cross-shaped facial scar that gives the film its name.
- TV-Series, 47 (2006)NanaMADHOUSE Inc.Romantic DramaManga~23minTwo girls with the same name leave their old lives behind and come to Tokyo to start fresh--what adventures await these two hopeful young women under the bright lights of the big city? Nana Osaki wants nothing more than to make it big as the singer of a rock 'n' roll band, while Nana Komatsu wants to put her life in motion and get her new relationship off to a good start. When the two Nanas fall in love with the same apartment, they become roommates and then best friends, and the party has just begun!
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Parasyte: The MaximMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~23minShinichi Izumi is a normal high school boy whose right hand has become infected with an alien parasite that names itself Migi (Jap. for "right"). Migi is the first parasite to develop a symbiotic relationship with its host, as he and Shinichi slowly develop a grudging friendship. Migi isn't the only Parasite on earth, however, and as cases of Parasites killing humans begin to emerge, humans seek to kill off Parasites. Shinichi and Migi find themselves caught in between these two sides of the struggle over planet Earth.
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)The Rising of the Shield HeroKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 24 (2015)Food Wars! Shokugeki no SomaJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~25minSoma Yukihira is a son of a restaurant owner. He's talented at cooking and can make new dishes, mostly weird and epic combinations (squid and peanut butter) but this wide imagination of his also led him to create wonderful and unique foods. However, two to three years from now, the restaurant is on the verge of closing since his father will be working together with his friend. Before the time comes, Soma began studying in Engetsu Teahouse Culinary Academy, Japan's top culinary academy. For him to continue their restaurant business, he must learn and improve his cooking skills in this prestigious academy.
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Violet EvergardenKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~24minViolet Evergarden tells the story of Violet who heard words on the battlefield that she cannot forget. These words, the meaning of which she doesn’t yet know, came from someone she loved very much. Some time passed on the continent of Telesis and the great war that divided it into a northern and a southern half ended, while its people welcomed a new era. Now, after the wounds of young Violet, who was formerly called a “weapon”, have healed, she begins a new life at the CH Postal Service. There she encounters the profession of an “Auto Memories Doll” and feels the desire to become one herself. She hopes that this work will one day enable her to understand the words she once heard.
- Movie, 1 (2009)The Garden of Sinners: A Study in Murder – Part 2ufotable, Inc.DramaLight Novel~120minShiki awakes from her coma and starts to live a new life. Meanwhile, a series of murders are occurring after four years of silence. “Who is the murderer?” The incidents remind her of a murderous impulse hidden inside her soul and “SHIKI”, her lost alternate persona. While Shiki searches for a suspect, Mikiya also starts an investigation of his own to prove Shiki is innocent. As he follows a lead of a drug dealer, Mikiya comes across Rio Shirazumi, who was a senior at his high school. Mikiya finds out that Rio is the one who sells the drug called “blood chip” and tries to convince him to stop, but he is instead harmed by Rio. The seventh movie in chronological timeline.
- OVA, 4 (2015)Kamisama Hajimemashita: Kako-henTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~30min
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Bakuman Season 3J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24minMoritaka Mashiro and Akito Takagi have come a long way since they started making manga in middle school, but trials still await them as they head towards their goal of getting an anime adaptation for one of their manga. As they continue to grow as artists and as people, they will be faced with new friends, new rivals, and new hurdles to overcome.
- Movie, 1 (2001)Spirited AwayStudio GhibliGhost StoriesOriginal Work~120minFrom one of the most celebrated filmmakers in the history of animated cinema comes the most acclaimed film of 2002. Hayao Miyazaki's latest triumph, filled with astonishing animation and epic adventure, is a dazzling masterpiece for the ages. It's a "wonderfully welcoming work of art that's as funny and entertaining as it is brilliant, beautiful, and deep" (Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal). SPIRITED AWAY is a wondrous fantasy about a young girl, Chihiro, trapped in a strange new world of spirits. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, she must call upon the courage she never knew she had to free herself and return her family to the outside world. An unforgettable story brimming with creativity, SPIRITED AWAY will take you on a journey beyond your imagination. "To enter the world of Hayao Miyazaki is to experience a kind of lighthearted enchantment that is unique to the world of animation" (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times). It's a fantastic tale the whole family will want to experience over and over again.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Food Wars! The Third Plate (Totsuki Train-Arc)J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 11 (2011)AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That DayA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minJintas life is a dead end. Instead of attending school he spends his time at home doing nothing and nobody seems to care about him any longer. But it wasn't always like that. When he was still at elementary school, he was the head of his five friends and together they had a lively childhood, playing superheroes. Six years later nothing remained of this friendship because everyone went their own ways. Anaru has found new friends Yukiatsu and Tsuruko are attending an elite school and Poppo is travelling the world. But when Menma appears before Jinta and requests her wish to be granted it's up to him to gather the old friends and to overcome not only his own personnel problems.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Food Wars! The Third PlateJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2004)Elfen LiedArms Corporation, Studio Guts Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~25minLucy, a beautiful young mutant, is bred by the government to be the ultimate weapon. Armed with unfathomable powers, she escapes her handlers, but loses her memory in the process. Fortunately, our young waif is taken in by two well-meaning students. Now, with government killers on her trail, the disposition of a five year old, and a hair trigger for ultraviolence, Lucy and her young friends must unravel the dark secret of her legacy before it’s too late.
- Movie, 1 (2017)No Game, No Life ZeroMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~106minSix thousand years before Sora and Shiro were even a blink in the history of Disboard, war consumed the land, tearing apart the heavens, destroying stars, and even threatening to wipe out the human race. Amid the chaos and destruction, a young man named Riku leads humanity toward the tomorrow his heart believed in. One day, in the ruins of an Elf city, he meets Shuvi, a female exiled “Ex-machina” android who asks him to teach her what it means to have a human heart.
- TV-Series, 13 (2005)Full Metal Panic! The Second RaidKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Action DramaLight Novel~23minIt’s tough to keep your grades up without having to take off at a moment’s notice to save the world. But for Sousuke Sagara, undercover high school student and member of the mercenary group Mithril, life in Tokyo seemed the same as always. But underneath the promising exterior spin the wheels of a conspiracy that threaten to destroy the peace. A new threat has arisen: Amalgam. An unknown element with advanced mech technology, this mysterious organization has been running things from behind the scenes. As dissension spreads throughout the ranks of Mithril, Sousuke faces his own internal struggle. Spread thin between schoolwork and war, the powers that be have decided to lighten his load… beginning with Kaname! Life and death hang in the balance as the clash between good and evil scale new heights. When the smoke clears, Sousuke’s path will be the one that he forges for himself.
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)KanonKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minYuichi hasn’t seen his cousin Nayuki in years. Now that he’s back, all knowledge of ever visiting has vanished. He tries to adjust to the vaguely familiar surroundings, but the gaps in his memory haunt him as time grows short. The pieces of the puzzle have appeared – an eerily silent beauty with blazing tresses, the mysterious girl with the winged backpack, and the sword-wielding demon slayer – but it’s up to Yuichi to discover how they fit together.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)Spice and WolfIMAGIN Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~24minLawrence, a traveling merchant searching for profit, finds a naked girl with the ears and tail of a wolf asleep in his cart. Her name is Holo – a harvest goddess with an untamed beast lurking inside who longs to return to her beloved northern home. Armed with his street smarts and her animal instincts, a simple peddler and a forgotten deity begin a journey through the wild countryside. Along their path, the riches of happiness shall be reaped, even as the bankruptcy which dwells in the human heart is exposed.
- Bonus, 1 (2012)Steins;Gate: Egoistic PoriomaniaWhite FoxComedyVisual Novel~24minThe story takes place a few months after the end of the series. Okabe and the rest of the laboratory staff are invited by Feyris to go to Los Angeles. Mayuri and her friends make plans to meet with Makise who went to the US after the stressful events that had occured. Okabe has some minor difficulties with the local police because he is overcome by his "Hyououin Kyouma personality" and, thus attracts a lot of attention. Will Makise and Okabe find an opportunity to talk about their experiences in Japan?
- TV-Series, 27 (2007)Gurren LagannGainax Co., Ltd.Action ComedyOriginal Work~25minIn his sky-less cavern of a village Simon toils daily, drilling holes to expand his stifling little world until one day he makes an extraordinary discovery: a small glowing drill-bit and the man-sized mech it activates. Before he can give it a second thought Simon s dragged into a plot to break through to the surface by the local gang leader Kamina, only to have the ceiling come crashing down on top of them under the weight of a giant monster! It somehow falls onto the boisterous Kamina and cowardly Simon to defend their village but once they defeat the monster what awaits the duo on the surface world?
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Season 2ufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minThe Holy Grail war continues to rage on without a dejected Shiro Emiya, who has lost his means to participate and his ability to heal. Meanwhile, Rin Tohsaka has dissolved their partnership and, along with Archer, continues to battle the growing power of Caster who has stolen Saber from Shiro. However, Caster is not the only player in this dangerous game Rin must worry about. Shiro finds himself unable to just sit this one out with all that is at stake, even if it's suicidal for him to continue.
- TV-Series, 11 (2020)Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Part 2A-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minThe “Alicization” arc of the anime adaptation of Reki Kawahara’s “Sword Art Online” light novel enters its final phase: the world is at war, and Gabriel Miller’s plan to defeat the Human Empire with the Dark Territory’s forces failed. With the help of his accomplice Critter, however, several thousand American players were able to log into the Underworld. When soldiers from both sides were killed by them, Alice, Asuna, and Iskahn declared a truce between their two realms and now fight alongside each other against the hostile intruders. Still plagued by his feelings of guilt, Kirito is unable to take an active part in the events. During the battle, Gabriel managed to capture Alice, and when Bercouli and Asuna set out to rescue her, thousands more units appeared to cut off their path, but rescue came by way of Sinon at the last minute. In the real world, Yui and the others are trying to gather support, but in-game injuries that cause real pain, and death that means losing your character are deal-breakers to many potential supporters. The fate of Underworld is in Asuna’s and Kirito’s hands, but their past from “SAO” haunts them yet again, as they have to face a familiar adversary.
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)Welcome to the N.H.K.Gonzo K.K.DramaLight Novel~24minSatou's life - or what' sleft of it - is a paranoid mess of conspiracy theories and social anxieties. He's terrified of the outside world; his apartment is overflowing with the remnants of cheap take-out food and his retinas have been permanently scarred by a steady diet of internet port. But maybe it's not all his fault. After all, the nefarious N-H-K is out there and they're determined to turn society's fringe-dwellers into a brainwashed lot of jobless, hopeless, futureless recluses Enter Misaki - a mysterious girl next door type who is Satou's last chance to beat down his inner demons and venture out into the light of day. She's already to help him overcome his crippling phobias. but Satou would rather cower in this existential foxhole and pressed to work on the demo for his virtual sex game. He's afraid to face the world. She's strangely desperate to the total stranger
- TV-Series, 50 (2009)Cross GameSynergySP Co. ,Ltd.GanbatteManga~24min5th grader Koh Kitamura lives next door to the Tsukishima family, owners of a batting cage and the Clover cafe. His girlfriend, Wakaba, is the 2nd Tsukishima daughter; the 3rd daughter, the baseball prodigy Aoba, can't stand him. Wakaba dreams of Koh pitching at legendary Koshien Stadium, site of the national high school championship finals. However, tragedy strikes, and it is up to Koh, with the help of Aoba and his other teammates, to make Wakaba's dream come true,
- TV-Series, 25 (2011)Bakuman Season 2J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24minMashiro and Takagi start working with a new editor, Gorou Miura, as Hattori is assigned to another author. They must adapt quickly to his approach as well as drawing together with assistants since they must perform well on the Shonen Jack polls in order to not be discarded by the publication. Now that their work is being serialized, they must work even harder as they must satisfy an extremely demanding audience while competing with other talented authors.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Maquia: When the Promised Flower BloomsP.A. Works Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~115min
- Movie, 1 (2017)Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal ScaleA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~119min