- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Code Geass: Lelouch of the Rebellion R2SUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe year is now 2018. With Zero dead and the remnants of the Black Knights being swept up by the Britannian forces, a forced state of peace settles over Area 11. The rights of the Elevens remain limited but with no one to lead them and the defeat during the Black Rebellion hanging over them, the Japanese people remain under the boot of Britannian Empire with no hope to overcome this oppression. But forces are moving in the shadows and nothing is quite what it seems are the hopes and dreams of the Black Knights crushed or were the battles up until now a prelude for greater things yet to come?
- TV-Series, 74 (2004)MonsterMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~24minDr. Kenzo Tenma is a neurosurgeon who lives in the City of Dusseldorf. He is one of the very best neurosurgeons in Germany because of his social and medical skills. He loves people and always makes the best of every operation. Nevertheless, he feels ill at ease because of the decisions of the superiors: He has to give important and rich people preference to increase the reputation of the hospital. This is incompatible with Tenma's own opinion on equality. Over the course of the story, Tenma has to treat several patients and he is forced to prefer the people who are more important and influential. Later, he notices what he did, when he is ordered to operate a politician instead of a small boy who suffers from enormous blood loss – as a result of a head shot – . Tenma decides to ignore the order and continue operating on this small boy named Johann. However, soon it becomes clear to Tenma that Johann is not just a "normal" boy.
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)KanonKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minYuichi hasn’t seen his cousin Nayuki in years. Now that he’s back, all knowledge of ever visiting has vanished. He tries to adjust to the vaguely familiar surroundings, but the gaps in his memory haunt him as time grows short. The pieces of the puzzle have appeared – an eerily silent beauty with blazing tresses, the mysterious girl with the winged backpack, and the sword-wielding demon slayer – but it’s up to Yuichi to discover how they fit together.
- Movie, 1 (2017)Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal ScaleA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~119min2026: Two years have passed since Kirito and his friends were able to escape their virtual prison. The new augmented-reality-MMO “Ordinal Scale” is conquering the hearts of players and while Asuna and the others have been part of the community for a while, Kirito only joined the game a bit later. But strange things happen in the game and our friends have to face new threat …
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of UnderworldA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minSword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld continues the “Alicization” storyline of the anime adaptation to Reki Kawahara’s “Sword Art Online” light novel. The long ascent to the highest level of the cathedral demanded a lot of Kirito and Eugeo and their reunion with Alice was nothing short of disastrous … After the confrontation, Eugeo had to continue his way to the top separated from Kirito and Alice, who now worked together to climb the outer wall of the tower. When they finally arrived on the top floors, not only was it up to them to get the brainwashed Eugeo back on the right track, but the fight against the Administrator was imminent. Kirito and his friends were able to successfully endure this battle, but the price for this hard-won victory was high. Not only did Alice’s memory module and Cardinal fall victim to Administrator, but Eugeo also gave his life to guarantee the victory of his friends …! Quinella’s attempt to escape and the heavy attack on the Rath research facility, however, leave behind a more than uncertain future for Kirito, Alice, and the other inhabitants of Underworld. What will happen next and what about Kikuoka’s final instructions? Could they be the salvation for Kirito …?
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)When They CryStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual Novel~24minIt's tough to be the new guy in town, but when Keiichi joins an after school club with four cute girls, he thinks he's got it made. Then he learns about demonic cults, the failed dam construction project and the murders that happen every year after the town festival. How many of his "friends" from his club are involved- and what are their plans for him?!
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Darling in the FranxxTrigger Inc., CloverWorksAction DramaOriginal Work~24minDreaming … dreaming to someday soar free, knowing full well, that the free sky is forever barred to them. In a distant future, after Earth has been devastated and most civilisation ceased to exist, the remaining humans built a moving fortress city called “Plantation” in order to survive and keep some civilisation intact. The children of the “Plantation” live in a pilot training facility best known as the “bird cage.” Not knowing the outside world or the free sky, they are trained for only one purpose: to fight the mysterious enemy that reduced humanity to this miserable state. Learning to pilot what is known as “Franxx” and being trained to fight an enemy they have never even seen, the children believe that only piloting the “Franxx” can prove their existence. Hiro—code number 016—was once hailed a child prodigy, but when he fell behind and wasn’t able to ride a “Franxx,” his existence had lost all meaning. After all … if you can’t pilot a “Franxx,” you might as well not exist at all. One day, however, a mysterious girl called Zero Two appears before him with two lustrous horns rising from her head. A familiar smile flickering across her lips, as she calls out to him: “I found you, my darling.”
- TV-Series, 13 (2010)Angel Beats!P.A. Works Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~25minIt sucks being dead. It sucks even more to be trapped in a surreal afterlife where you're caught between the living and the dead - where a mysterious, violent Angel is trying to pull you over to... somewhere. What do you do? Well, if you're this group of rough-and-tumble teens, you grab every weapon you can get your hands on and give Heaven hell!
- OVA, 3 (2007)Tsubasa Tokyo RevelationsProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~26minAs Sakura, Shaoran, Fai, and Kurogane continues their travel across many worlds, the other "Shaoran" wakes up. The Tsubasa Tokyo Revelations reveals Fei Wong Reed's intention, and the mystery to Shaoran's left eye.
- TV-Series, 11 (2020)Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Part 2A-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minThe “Alicization” arc of the anime adaptation of Reki Kawahara’s “Sword Art Online” light novel enters its final phase: the world is at war, and Gabriel Miller’s plan to defeat the Human Empire with the Dark Territory’s forces failed. With the help of his accomplice Critter, however, several thousand American players were able to log into the Underworld. When soldiers from both sides were killed by them, Alice, Asuna, and Iskahn declared a truce between their two realms and now fight alongside each other against the hostile intruders. Still plagued by his feelings of guilt, Kirito is unable to take an active part in the events. During the battle, Gabriel managed to capture Alice, and when Bercouli and Asuna set out to rescue her, thousands more units appeared to cut off their path, but rescue came by way of Sinon at the last minute. In the real world, Yui and the others are trying to gather support, but in-game injuries that cause real pain, and death that means losing your character are deal-breakers to many potential supporters. The fate of Underworld is in Asuna’s and Kirito’s hands, but their past from “SAO” haunts them yet again, as they have to face a familiar adversary.
- TV-Special, 1 (2014)Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Prologueufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~51min
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Sword Art Online: AlicizationA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~25minWhen Kirito wakes up in a huge forest, surrounded by a breathtaking backdrop of massive trees, he realizes that he only has a hazy memory of what happened before he logged into the virtual world. Searching for clues, he begins to explore the forest and meets a boy named Eugeo, who seems to already know him, in front of the large cedar tree. Although the boy must be a non-player character, he has the same depth and complexity of emotions as a human being. The two set out to find his parents, until Kirito suddenly recovers a memory that lay hidden deep within him—a memory from his own childhood! In it, he and Eugeo ran through the forest together and at their side was a girl with golden hair, who bears the name Alice. Just who is this mysterious Alice, however, whose name should never have been forgotten? Annotation: Prior to its TV premiere in October 2018, the first episode was previewed in several countries on September 15th, 2018.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Death ParadeMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~23minAfter death, humans go to either the eternal void or are reincarnated. However, where there's doubt as to were to place some occasional souls, these instead arrive at bar Quindecim, with no memories of having died. Decim, the bartender, challenges them to the Death Game, wherein they wager their "lives" and reveal their true natures. Decim himself is actually an arbiter in charge of deciding the fate of those that arrive at Quindecim - by pulling the darkness from deepest within them, he judges their ultimate fate.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)ef: a tale of memories.SHAFT Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minOn Christmas Eve, Hiro Hirono meets a girl named Miyako Miyamura as she chases a purse snatcher. Hiro later finds out that Miyako also goes to the same school as he does and they start hanging out together. This makes Hiro's childhood friend, Kei Shindō, feel left out, so she tries to compete with Miyako for Hiro's affection, creating a love triangle. Meanwhile, Renji Asō meets a girl named Chihiro Shindō at an abandoned train station. He soon learns that Chihiro suffers from a type of amnesia where her memory lasts for only 13 hours. He also discovers Chihiro's dream of writing a novel, but she has never been able to fulfill that dream due to her condition. Renji then decides to help her fulfill that dream.
- TV-Series, 24 (2010)Durarara!!Brain's BaseActionLight Novel~25minMikado Ryuugamine is a boy who wishes for the thrilling city life. At Masaomi Kida's invitation, an old childhood friend, he starts attending a school in Ikebukuro. Masaomi warns Mikado to avoid meeting some of his new schoolmates and people in town: Shizuo Heiwajima – “The strongest man in Ikebukuro,” the mysterious Izaya Orihara and many of the street gangs like the Dollars. A sequence of fateful events occurs, thus the normal lives of Mikado and Masaomi are turned upside down …
- TV-Series, 23 (2006)Ergo Proxymanglobe Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minA domed city, Romd is home to both humans and robots. The two races peacefully live together, both under the control of the government. This doesn't last forever, however, as the surprise attack on a reporter by a mysterious being that is not clearly robot or human sparks an all-out war which may just be the awakening.
- Movie, 1 (2010)Colorful: The Motion Pictureascension Inc.DramaNovel~126minUpon reaching the train station to death, a dejected soul is informed that he is 'lucky' and will have another chance at life. He is placed in the body of a 14-year-old boy named Makoto Kobayashi, who has just committed suicide. Watched over by a neutral spirit named Purapura, the soul must figure out what his greatest sin and mistake in his former life was before his time limit in Makoto's body runs out. He also has a number of other lesser duties he must complete, such as understanding what led Makoto to commit suicide in the first place and learning how to enjoy his second chance at life.
- TV-Series, 24 (2013)Golden TimeJ.C.STAFFRomantic DramaLight Novel~24minBanri finds himself completely lost after the opening ceremony and tries to find his way to the freshman orientation. Along the way, he runs into another lost freshman from the same school, Mitsuo Yanagisawa, and they immediately hit it off. Somehow arriving at their intended goal just in time, there appears in front of them a beautiful girl holding a bouquet of roses, who congratulates Mitsuo on getting into the school then hits him across the face with them before tossing the bouquet into his lap and leaving. This stylish, well dressed, and obsessive woman is his childhood friend, Kōko Kaga. As children, they had promised to marry each other one day, something she has taken to heart this entire time. Mitsuo had gone out secretly and taken the examination for this private college in order to escape from her, but she used her connections to find out about it, took the law school entrance examination, and enrolled in the college herself in order to be with him.
- TV-Series, 26 (2009)Phantom: Requiem for the PhantomBee Train Productions Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minA young man with no memories fights to salvage his humanity when he's forced into a life of murder by a dangerous crime syndicate called Inferno. The organization gives him a new name, Zwei, and molds him into a perfect killing machine, a meticulous instrument of death created to obey his masters' every deadly command. Zwei's not the only puppet controlled by Inferno; Ein is a girl as beautiful as she is brutal, and as lethal as she is lost. While mafia violence escalates around them, the two assassins grow closer, and Zwei begins the struggle to reclaim his past and save Ein from a blood-soaked future.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?Satelight Inc., Challenge To ChallengeAction DramaLight Novel~24min500 years ago, terrifying and mysterious “beasts” fell upon the various races in the world. While humanity was wiped out, the remaining races were able to escape to islands floating in the sky and put themselves beyond the reach of these “beasts.” In order to fight off these creatures, special weapons are needed—sacred swords called “Kariyon”—and the only ones who can use these weapons are a couple of young girls called “goblins.” A young warrior, Willem, suddenly awakes from his icy sleep. After realizing that he is the last man alive, he makes his way as a day laborer in this new world order. One of his fundamentally different jobs involves “servicing and maintaining enchanted weapons.” What wasn’t said in the job description, however, is that these “enchanted weapons” are young girls who must join the fight against the “beasts.” For the girls, Willem quickly becomes the father figure that they never had, and his affection for them grows far beyond that of a caretaker. For the first time in his life, the accomplished warrior finds himself in a role he has never experienced before, as he anxiously waits at home for his beloved girls to return unharmed from battle …
- TV-Special, 1 (2014)Edogawa Conan Shissou Jiken: Shijou Saiaku no FutsukakanTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime FictionManga~92min
- TV-Series, 11 (2009)Eden of the EastProduction I.G., Inc.ThrillerOriginal Work~23minAkira Takizawa wakes up naked outside the White House with no memories. He’s got a gun in one hand, a cell phone in the other, and doesn’t know if he’s a good guy or one of the worst. He doesn’t remember the phone gives him instant access to ten billion yen and a woman who can make his most outlandish requests a reality. He doesn’t recall his connection to the ongoing missile attacks terrorizing the Japanese people. Or the part he played in the sudden disappearance of 20,000 shut-ins. He doesn’t even remember he’s supposed to save Japan and will be murdered if he fails. Whatever it is he’s tangled up in, Takizawa’s definitely in deep – and that’s not even scratching the surface.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Grimgar of Fantasy and AshA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minWhen Haruhito awakens, he's in the dark. He doesn't know where he is, why is he here, and where he came from. Around him there are several men and women who have the same circumstances. Haruhito and his companions find themselves in a "game-like world" called Grimgar and must form a party, cooperate, and learn new skills to survive the harsh environment together.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)DorohedoroMAPPA Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~24minHole—a dark, run-down, and disorderly place where the weak become the prey of the strong and death is omnipresent. Hole thoroughly deserves its name, as it is a realm disconnected from justice and ethics and is merely a testing ground to those who govern it. As the race which occupies the highest ranks in society, the magicians view the inhabitants of Hole as nothing but insects. Without thinking, they murder, maim, and experiment on these helpless residents of Hole, who fill the halls of the local hospital every day. The magicians, who have free access and whose authority is rarely questioned, appear unsurmountable to most—except for a few. Kaiman, more reptile than human, is such an individual. Equipped with a few bayonets and magic immunity, he hunts them on a reckless search for answers. Cursed by his appearance and tortured by nightmares, magicians are the only thing to lead his life back on track. His biggest obstacle, however, is his stomach, although his companion Nikaidou, who owns the restaurant Hungry Bug, is an excellent accomplice.
- TV-Series, 10 (2017)Super Lovers 2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)KaibaMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minOne day a man, Kaiba, wakes up in a broken room. He has no memories, only a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman. Outside of the room are grotesque floating electrical clouds of disjointed memories. Kaiba is suddenly assaulted, and escapes into space. He travels to various planets, encountering various people and retrieving his memories. Memories of an inconsistent and decaying world, of his own agony and of Niero, the woman in the picture.
- TV-Series, 50 (2005)Blood+Production I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minSaya Otonashi, a seemingly normal high school student, suffers from amnesia and she can't remember the past year of her life. One day, after a man appears and gives her a katana sword, her destiny begins to be revealed. Soon she finds herself fighting the latest threat to humanity – Chiropteran monsters, ravenous immortal creatures that can change their form, disguising themselves as human beings. They feed off blood and hide themselves within the human world. An organization known as the Red Shield has been waging a private war to wipe them out and now the struggle has grown. Saya’s journey for the truth has begun.
- TV-Series, 24 (2008)Casshern SinsMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minCasshern, a cybernetic assassin with no memory of his past, awakens in a corrosive wasteland where nothing survives for long. A plague known as the Ruin sweeps across this once-vibrant world, reducing everything in its path to rubble and scattering any chance for salvation. Robots and humans alike - or what little remains of them - seek vengeance against Casshern for the life he took and the role he played in their Ruin. A machine built to kill, Casshern murdered the last hope for this world, but now, lost in a future he does not recognize, he will fight to save the dying.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)No Guns Life Season 2MADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~24min
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)UtawarerumonoOLM, Inc.AdventureVisual Novel~23minEverything about him is shrouded in mystery. The mask he can’t remove. The past he can’t unravel. And the very survival of the people who have chosen him as their leader. But what Hakuoro does know is this: He was gravely injured and left for dead in a forest. A kind, young girl named Eluluu found him and nursed him back to health. And he was welcomed into a barren land where strange creatures roam, an angry god seeks vengeance, an oppressive government slaughters the innocent, and a bloody war looms on the horizon. Will the masked hero liberate the people who saved him? Can he unlock the memories that elude him? Or will he remain a stranger even to himself? The answers are right before you (or are they?).
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)One Week FriendsBrain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~25minHigh school sophomore Yūki Hase noticed that Kaori Fujimiya, his classmate, was always alone. He tried to start a conversation with her but was turned down: "My memories of friendship can last only a week," she said. Despite of knowing this shocking truth, Yūki keeps trying to be Kaori's "new" friend every week.
- Movie, 2 (2020)Date a BulletGEEK TOYS Inc.ActionLight Novel~?min
- TV-Series, 13 (2002)Haibane RenmeiRadix Ace Entertainment Co., Ltd.DramaManga~23minIn a long-forgotten walled town, humans coexist with the Haibane, angelic-like beings of unknown origin. Rakka becomes the newest Haibane, after she awakens from a strange dream and finds herself hatching from a massive cocoon. With no memories of her previous life, Rakka struggles to adjust to her new surroundings, however burning questions remain in the back of her mind. What is Haibane and what is their purpose? What lies beyond the huge, forbidden town walls?
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Aldnoah.Zero Season 2A-1 Pictures Inc., TROYCA Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minSeeking for revenge, Count Saazbaum, a Martian, attacked the Earth. Later on, the war between the Terrans and Martians ended with Earth's Terrans gaining the victory. However, nineteen months later, the battle between them continues. Martians still continues to invade the Earth and the Terrans to protect it.
- TV-Series, 10 (2016)Super LoversStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~24minA high school boy named Haru and his mother are living overseas. His mother orders him to take care of and "civilize" his adoptive brother Ren, a wild young boy who dislikes talking with other people. While their relationship is adversarial at first, they grow closer as they begin to understand one another. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle 2nd SeasonBee Train Productions Inc.AdventureManga~25minAcross dimensions and time, Syaoran, Sakura, Kurogane, and Fai continue their search for the princess's scattered memories - but the dangers along the path are multiplying. The feathers hold the power to darken a person's soul, and the band faces great peril when confronting a distant kingdom's mad ruler. Yet some battlefields exist only in the heart. On this epic quest, the possibilities are endless; every path must be explored.
- TV-Series, 13 (1998)Serial Experiments LainTriangle Staff Corp.DramaOriginal Work~24minWe're all Connected... There is the world around us, a world of people, tactile sensation, and culture. There is the wired world, inside the computer, of images, personalities, virtual experiences, and a culture all of its own. The day after a classmate commits suicide, Lain, a thirteen year-old girl, discovers how closely the two worlds are linked when she receives an e-mail from the dead girl: "I just abandoned my body. I still live here..." Has the line between the real world and the wired world begun to blur?
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Zombie Land SagaMAPPA Co., Ltd.Nonsense-ComedyOriginal Work~24min“Zombieland Saga” follows Sakura Minamoto, for whom it was supposed to be a very special morning—accompanied by the usual idol music, yet so different! Sakura has finalised her application for an idol agency in Tokyo and can’t wait to drop it off at the local post office. All hopes and dreams, she rushes out of the house and—envelope in hand—is promptly hit by a van … After a few meters of involuntary flight, not only does her life end, but with it also her dream of becoming an idol. Or so she thought, because only moments later she wakes up in a run-down villa and has to make acquaintance with the zombies living there! After a short escape and a rather unpleasant meeting with one of the local policemen, she is back at the villa and is introduced to her new life … As it turns out, she didn’t just wake up a few moments later, but ten years after her death! She is a zombie now, and together with the other not-alive-but-not-quite-dead-either girls around her she is supposed to form a zombie idol group. But can you really turn will-less zombie girls into idols?
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)Tsubasa: RESERVoir CHRoNiCLEBee Train Productions Inc.AdventureManga~25minA true and noble heart holds much power, stronger than the hardest fist and mightier than the most potent magic. Four disparate travelers begin an epic journey… their goals different, their destiny the same. Along the way, the past will meet the future in the present. Of all the paths of every life, mingling in the dimension between dimensions where a foe has the face of an ally, and an ally the face of a monster. At the center of this heroic undertaking, Syaoran: A young man called upon to save his fated, the princess Sakura. Her memory has been shattered, the very essence of her soul sent adrift across the universe. Feather’s float down on strange lands, torn asunder if only to prove the power of love. With fellow travelers Kurogane and Fai, a warrior and a wizard, an epic quest begins. One of danger and mystery… The possibilities are endless
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)School-Live!LercheHorrorManga~24minFour girls decide to stay over at school: the energetic Yuki Takeya, the shovel-loving Kurumi, the center of the group Yūri who brings everyone together, and the spacey school adviser Megu. However, through mysterious circumstances, the girls find themselves the final survivors in a zombie attack, and continue to live at the school.