- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- OVA, 110 (1988)Legend of the Galactic HeroesT.P.O., Inc., Kitty Film Mitaka StudioAction DramaNovel~25minFor decades, the Galactic Empire has been locked in an interstellar war with the Free Planets Alliance, a conflict that involves thousands of spaceships and millions of soldiers on both sides. Two new commanders enter the conflict with great hopes: Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li. As they deal with superiors and subordinates, maneuver through complicated political arrangements, plot strategies, and win battles, each will be tested, and ultimately, changed, by the reality of war.
- OVA, 28 (1999)Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden (2)K-Factory Inc.DramaNovel~26minThese short stories fill in the background of Yang Wenli prior to the Overture to a New War movie, and continue with the background of Reinhard and Kircheis where Gaiden 1 left off. In these stories, Yang becomes the Hero of El Facile and is given a research investigation of some delicacy, Reinhard's first assignment to a ship at Iserlohn, Reinhard deals with a formal duel among the politics of the nobles, Reinhard's secret mission into Free Planet territory, and the Third Tiamat Battle, wherein Reinhard earns the rank of General at the age of 19.
- OVA, 24 (1998)Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden (1)K-Factory Inc.DramaNovel~26minThese short stories fill in the first part of the background of Reinhard von Lohengramm and Siegfried Kircheis before the start of the main Legend of the Galactic Heroes series. In these stories, they journey to a planet of ice and are betrayed by their commanding officer, they investigate a possible murder at their alma mater, Kircheis takes a vacation and gets involved in a plot against an admiral, and finally the major 12-part story of Reinhard at Iserlohn, a battle fortress that protects the Galactic Empire from the Free Planets.
- OVA, 26 (2012)Star Blazers 2199XEBECAdventureOther~25minThe year is 2199. The human race has been crushed in their war with the Gamilos, driven into underground cities by the invader's assault. Scientists estimate they have only a year left. The young officers Susumu Kodai and Daisuke Shima receive a mysterious capsule from a ship that made an emergency landing on Mars and return with it to Earth. It contains humanity's last hope: the planet Iscandar on the other side of the Magellan Galaxy has the technology to defeat the Gamilos and restore the planet. The space battleship Yamato is entrusted with this task, but they have only one year before humanity ends.
- TV-Series, 25 (2007)Macross FrontierSatelight Inc.ActionOriginal Work~26minMacross Frontier marks the 25th anniversary of the Macross anime franchise. It is a direct sequel to the first Macross series and Macross 7 and follows the lives of Alto Saotome, Ranka Lee and a pop idol named Sheryl Nome on board the Macross Frontier colonization fleet. After the war against the Zentradi aliens, Humankind has spread across the universe in order to ensure its survival. The Macross Frontier fleet is part of a effort to spread and maintain the culture of humanity.
- TV-Series, 10 (2001)Banner of the Stars IISUNRISE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~25minImperial Calendar Year 956. Operation Phantom Flame has come to an end and has been hailed as a complete success. Now, the Imperial forces have embarked on a new plan, codenamed Operation Hunter. Their task: to hunt down and destroy any remaining enemy forces. With Lafiel's new title as Territorial Ambassador, life has been rather boring... until now. When they arrive at the recently-captured planet of Lobnas, Jinto and Lafiel realize that Lobnas was once a prison planet, and now that the Abh have taken control, it has now become their problem.
- TV-Series, 26 (1999)Infinite RyviusSUNRISE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minIt is 2225 AD. An act of sabotage has sent a space station plummeting towards a dense plasma phenomena known as the Sea of Geduld. With only hours to spare before the collapse of the entire station, a group of teens training on-board the ship will seek safety aboard the Ryvius, an interstellar spacecraft hidden deep inside the station. With the adult crew and instructors killed, these young astronauts must rely on their training, courage, and, most importantly, each other to prepare for the journey home.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet NinePolygon PicturesAdventureManga~24minAfter the events of season one, the authority of Sidonia plans on turning the tables and strike at the enemy's heart. Ace Pilot Nagate Tanikaze and company again must put their lives in the line protecting Sidonia, but now in company of an unexpected ally; a sentient Garde-Gauna hybrid.
- Movie, 1 (2014)Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshi-Meguru HakobuneXEBECAdventure~112minA new super weapon has emerged and Gamilas ships vanish from the seas. In the meantime, the Yamato has left the Large Magellanic Cloud and is on its way back to the Milky Way Galaxy. During the voyage, the crew is hit by a gatlantean warrior fleet under command of Goran Dagam, who claims the "Yamatee" as his prey. After Susumu Kodai in command refuses to give up the ship, the Yamato makes a run and accidentally ends up inside a strange world that defies logic and the law of physics. An expedition team is sent to the surface and makes a truly mind-boggling experience that they cannot escape. Next to that the team doesn't seem to be alone after they encounter their old foes. Time runs out and the Gamilas and Terrons walk a thin line in a world that's not their own, having the Gatlanteans sitting in their necks.
- TV-Series, 13 (2000)Banner of the StarsSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~25minBanner of the Stars continues the space saga from Crest of the Stars as depicted in the best-selling novel by Hiroyuki Morioka. The war between the Abh Empire and the Mankind continues to rage across the galaxy! Caught within the intergalactic struggle is a lone human, Jinto, and the Abh Princess, Lafiel. Together, will their efforts be enough to bring about peace?
- OVA, 2 (2005)Banner of the Stars IIISUNRISE Inc.AdventureLight Novel~37minJinto and Lafiel were traveling on the light-armed transport ship Bokbrusue to the Hyde System (which returned to imperial rule after the Union retreated), in order for Jinto (now an earl) to take over the government. However, the government of Martin, Jinto's motherland, resisted obstinately against imperial rule. On the other side, the First Devastation Fleet—formed with a new ship type, the "Attack Vessel"—traveled to the Hyde System for drilling practice…
- TV-Series, 13 (1999)Crest of the StarsSUNRISE Inc.AdventureLight Novel~25minJinto Lin is a young nobleman, whose world was taken over by the largest empire in the galaxy: the Abh Empire. Jinto's father, the president of his home planet, handed their world over to the Abh in exchange for a standing in the Abh Empire. As a result, Jinto became a member of the aristocracy and was shipped off for an Abh education. On his way, he meets a princess of the Abh Empire, Lafiel, whom he quickly befriends despite her cold exterior. But the Abh empire is plunged into war…
- OVA, 6 (2004)Gunbuster 2Gainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~29minDecades after the birth of the Gunbuster legend? Acclaimed studio GAINAX returns with an epic sequel!! A young girl named Nono has left her home behind, to come alone to the big city. She has a grand dream of becoming a space pilot. But reality is harsh, and she spends every day instead at the diner near the spaceport where she lives and works. Then one day, while being harassed by one of the regular customers, a real-life "Topless" pilot named Lal'C comes to her aid. Nono, who is deeply impressed, starts on her own accord to call Lal'C "On?ama," and volunteers herself by saying, "I want to become a space pilot like you!"
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)Toward the Terra...Tokyo Kids Co.,Ltd., Minami Machi Bugyousho Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minEarth, no longer able to sustain life due to the rapid development of human civilization, was abandoned. Leaving Terra behind, mankind set out in search of new planetary systems to inhabit. With this cause in mind a new unified government was formed and dubbed the Superior Domination. Now spread across the cosmos, humanity lives in peace, their lives dictated by Superior Domination s computers. Jomy, a young man fast approaching his fourteenth birthday, stands at the brink of his adult life. On the day of his adulthood exam, his mind races with the remnants of dreams that haunt him in the dead of sleep. Mu, a word unheard amongst the denizens of the human systems, plays upon his lips. Abilities previously unknown soon manifest within, and Jomy s race towards adulthood becomes frenzied fleeing from the powers that be and toward the Terra.
- Movie, 1 (1988)Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest is the Sea of StarsKitty Film Co., Ltd.DramaNovel~59minThis movie, based on an anecdote of "Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu" written by novelist Tanaka[family-name] Yoshiki [given-name], preludes the 110-episodes TV series by describing the first encounter between the ambitious young man Reinhard von Museal under the imperial flag and the passive Yang Wengli who serves a corrupting democracy. Set in an imaginative future, the story describes the first encounter between Yang and Reinhard and discusses how heroes are born.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Knights Of SidoniaPolygon PicturesActionManga~24minIt's been a thousand years since the Gauna, a strange alien race with no known method of communication, destroyed the solar system. A portion of humanity managed to escape using enormous "seed ships" like the Sidonia, which have allowed them to maintain the population while drifting through space. Nagate Tanikaze is a young man who has been raised deep in the bowels of the ship. When he goes into training to pilot the huge robotic weapons known as Gardes, Nagate is entrusted with piloting the legendary unit known as Tsugumori. Nagate and his fellow pilots put their lives on the line against the Gauna, in the ultimate battle for the survival of humanity.
- Movie, 1 (1993)Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Overture to a New WarKitty Film Co., Ltd.DramaNovel~90minThis is a retelling of the first 2 episodes of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OAV series. It gives additional details of the background of Yang Wenli and his first encounter with Reinhard's fleets of the Galactic Empire.
- Movie, 1 (1984)Macross: Do You Remember LoveTatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaOther~115minA.D. 2009: The human race is in the middle of a three-way war with a race of giant humanoid aliens split into the Zentrans (males) and Meltlans (females). After executing a space fold that sent it and part of South Ataria Island to the edge of the Solar System, the space fortress Macross is on its way back to Earth. During a small skirmish with Zentradi forces, young pilot Hikaru Ichijyo rescues idol singer Lynn Minmay and their relationship develops as they're stranded somewhere within the ship. But shortly after returning to Macross City, Minmay is captured by the Zentradi, and Hikaru and female officer Misa Hayase end up back on Earth—only to view the aftermath of the destruction of their civilization. Only a song discovered eons ago—along with Minmay's voice—can determine the outcome of the war.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Harlock: Space PirateToei Animation Co., Ltd.ActionManga~115minEarth is forbidden ground. None may return as other planets prove to be difficult to inhabit. However, Captain Harlock and his ship of pirates fight for freedom from those who seek to keep Earth all for themselves.
- OVA, 26 (2017)Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202XEBECAdventureOther~25min
- TV-Series, 36 (1982)Super Dimensional Fortress MacrossArtland Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25min2009. Ten years of furious conflict and frenzied construction have turned an alien wreck into a human triumph: the colossal space battleship Macross. On the day of the ship's launch, the world waits with bated breath to witness mankind's next giant leap. Hovering above the planet, though, the Zentradi, a merciless warrior race, seek to advance its agenda of destruction and conquest. When long-dormant systems aboard the Macross suddenly fire upon the alien fleet, the ship meant to preserve humanity may become its undoing. A war of attrition erupts, taking mankind across the solar system and beyond in a fight to justify its existence!
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars NovaSanzigen Inc.ActionManga~24minBy 2039, global warming had caused sea levels to rise and large amount of territory to be lost. As though in response, a mysterious group of warships clad in mist, “the Fleet of Mist,” appeared in every corner of the ocean, and began attacking human ships. In spite of humanity mustering all their strength, they were utterly defeated by the Mist's overwhelming force. All of humanity's trade routes were blockaded by the Fleet of Mist, their political economy was destroyed, and the human race was steadily beaten down. Seven years later, the Fleet of Mist's submarine I-401 appears before cadet Gunzo Chihaya. The humanoid life form that pilots the sub, who should be their enemy, is instead offering her services to mankind.
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)Heroic AgeXEBECAdventureOriginal Work~24minLong ago, the advanced Tribe of Gold vanished from the vast universe. In the void left by their departure, the tyrannical Tribe of Silver ascended to rule, forcing mankind – the Iron Tribe – to the brink of extinction. Now humanity wanders the cosmos in search of a savior. Prophesy has foretold of one who will labor for their freedoms, and on a planet of ruin, a champion is found. A feral boy named Age holds the destiny of their species in his hands and the untold power of the Tribe of Hero within.
- Music Video, 1 (2003)Interstella 5555: The 5tory of The 5ecret 5tar 5ystemAdventureOriginal Work~67minFour musicians from another galaxy are kidnapped by an evil manager to ultimately become the biggest band on earth.
- TV-Series, 26 (2003)StellviaXEBECDramaOriginal Work~24minIn the year 2167, Mankind suffered from a cataclysmic disaster as a massive wave of electromagnetic radiation from a nearby supernova washed over the Earth. Yet, Mankind was able to survive by pulling together to support each other in this time of crisis. The year is now 2326 and the new generation of people are preparing for the second wave to hit. One young girl, Shima Katase, is going off to Stellvia, a space pilot academy, where she will learn how to protect the Earth and the family she loves.
- OVA, 4 (1994)Macross PlusTriangle Staff Corp.ActionOriginal Work~40minIn 2040, on the colonial planet Eden, the Ministry of Defense is developing a transforming super-stealth aircraft, a new advanced defense vehicle to counter alien attacks. An extrovert jet fighter maverick is assigned as the new test pilot on the project but competition heats up when he discovers that his old rival is a test pilot for a competing aircraft. The arrival of a mutal ex-girlfriend adds more tension to their conflict.
- OVA, 6 (1988)GunbusterGainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~28min2015: Earth's first faster-than-light ship, the Luxion, is lost, attacked by unidentified space monsters in the Perseus Arm. Six years later, Noriko Takaya, daughter of the Luxion's commander, enters the Okinawa Girls' Space Pilot High School, vowing to be a pilot and follow her father's trail to the stars. But is she prepared for the intense training to become a member of the elite Top Squadron? Noriko's fight has just begun and the fate of all humanity depends on her meeting the challenge!
- Other, 1 (2014)Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Tsuioku no KoukaiAdventure~131minIn the year 2199 the Earth is facing its downfall: Gamila’s alien power has largely destroyed the Earth’s surface and they are close to defeating humanity. In these grim times, a hopeful message reaches Earth from Iscandar, a planet on the other side of the galaxy. They have an overwhelming technology that could make the Earth’s surface habitable again! Mankind then assembles a crew for the newly developed space battleship Yamato. Together they want to risk the dangerous journey to Iscandar and back. However, they are not only confronted with the enemy Gamilas, but also with time itself, because if the Yamato doesn’t return within a year, all life on Earth will already be irrecoverably lost … Annotation: Tsuioku no Koukai is a summary film of the most important events from the anime series “Star Blazers 2199: Space Battleship Yamato”.
- TV-Series, 49 (1995)Mobile Suit Gundam WingSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThousands of People live on giant orbiting space colonies called "Sides." However, the Earth Government, which rules the colonies, is unjust and cruel. A group of revolutionaries builds five robotic Gundams and plans to send them to Earth to begin their fight for independence. Piloted by five young men, their hopes and dreams of freedom of the colonists with them as they descend to Earth to begin Operation Meteor!
- OVA, 1 (1992)Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Golden WingsMagic Bus Inc.DramaManga~60minReinhard von Müsel, a poor nobleman's son, one day discovers that his sister, Annerose, has been sold to the royal family. To get her back he sets out to rise quickly through the military along with his friend Siegfried Kircheis.
- TV-Series, 26 (2012)Aquarion Evol8bit, Satelight Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter accidentally forming the legendary mecha “Aquarion,” Amata finds himself at a pilot-training academy where the flirty girls love to get a rise out of him, and the boys seem more interested in exploring mysterious holes and big bangs than harnessing their Elemental superpowers. It’s all awkward dates, hijinks, and threesomes until otherworldly beings start abducting powerful female students. As a mysterious megalomaniac plots interplanetary disaster, the fate of the galaxy depends on whether or not the hormone-fueled academy coeds can come together to fight evil. Set 12,000 years after the events of Aquarion.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Gekijouban Macross Delta: Gekijou no WalküreSatelight Inc.ActionOriginal Work~119min
- TV-Series, 24 (1998)Outlaw StarSUNRISE Inc.AdventureManga~24minGene Starwind and his partner Jim Hawking run a small business on the backwater planet of Centinel 3. But all that changes the day that Hilda hires them for a bodyguard job. Now, thrust into a mystery they don't fully understand, they're on the run from the cops, the pirates, an angry alien, and a mysterious assassin. But they've got one thing going in their favor- they have the galaxy's most advanced ship!
- TV-Series, 26 (1974)Star BlazersTokyo VideoAdventureOriginal Work~25minIn the distant future, the war between the human race and the Gamilon has taken its toll on the planet Earth. Constant bombardment of radioactive asteroids has rendered the planet's atmosphere uninhabitable. As a means of relief aid, Queen Starsha of the planet Iscandar offers the Earth Forces a device that can completely neutalize the radiation off the planet. For this task, the space battleship Yamato is launched from the remains of its World War II ancestor on a 148,000 light-year journey. However, the crew of the Yamato has only one Earth year to travel to Iscandar and back, or the human race will come to an end.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Uchuu Senkan Yamato: Fukkatsu HenEnagioAdventureOriginal Work~134minIn the year 2220 A.D., the Earth Federation launches a plan to evacuate Earth when discovering that a travelling black hole capable of destroying anything in its path is on course towards the solar system. As the people on Earth prepare to relocate to planet Amare, whose ruler offers refuge, the tyrants known as the "S.U.S. Empire" attack the first Earth evacuation fleet. After learning that his wife Capt. Yuki Mori-Kodai disappeared in the battle and that legendary space battleship Yamato has been fully rebuilt, Susumu Kodai accepts command of the ship as he intends to not only help humanity once again, but also find Yuki in the hope of helping his relationship with his daughter Miyuki, who puts the blame on him for her mother's disappearance. But in order to fullfil the mission, the Yamato must go through battles against the SUS Empire, who intend to spoil humanity's hopes of finding a new place to live in and turn Earth into energy for their own selfish needs.
- TV-Series, 26 (1978)Star Blazers: The Comet EmpireTokyo VideoAdventureOriginal Work~25minPeace has reigned on Earth, for awhile now, and now the Earth Defense Force has been upgraded quite extensively after the Earth was saved from radioactive decay at the hands of the Gamilon empire. But danger is yet again approaching in the form of a giant, white comet.
- Movie, 1 (1982)Arcadia of My YouthToei Animation Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~135minThe Earth has been conquered by the evil Illumidus Empire with parallels drawn to the post World War Two occupation of Japan. Captain Harlock with a group that will become his life long friends begin their fight against this tyranny visited upon the planet earth with no regard to the costs the struggle will have on them, caring only for the ideal of restoring freedom to the people of earth.
- TV-Special, 1 (2000)Passage of the Stars: BirthSUNRISE Inc.AdventureLight Novel~25minThis is the story about how Dubus, Lafiels father, and Plakia after an adventure on a mysterious, abandoned spaceship decided to have a daughter together and why Dubus gave her the name Lafiel.
- TV-Series, 25 (1980)Star Blazers: The Bolar WarsTokyo VideoAdventureOriginal Work~25minA stray missile from a confrontation between the Galman empire and the Bolar Federation crashes into the sun, turning it into a time bomb of radiation. The Star Force once again sets off into space, this time on a quest to look for a new world for the human race.
- TV-Special, 1 (2001)Seikai no Senki: Tokubetsu-henSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~120minA compilation of the Banner of the Stars series with additional footage.