- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Page 1 of 1
- TV-Series, 37 (2006)Death NoteMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~23minLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal...or his life? Light tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know?
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave Films Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~107minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)ErasedA-1 Pictures Inc.ThrillerManga~23minProtagonist Satoru Fujinuma possesses a supernatural ability which he calls “Revival.” This power causes him to time travel and sends him right back to before the occurance of certain life-threatening events, enabling him to prevent these tragedies. When his life is being turned upside-down after having been discharged from the hospital, Satoru’s ability triggers and he is sent back to when he was an elementary school student—to around the time when his classmate Kayo went missing. Now it is on him to solve the mystery surrounding a series of kidnappings and to protect his childhood friends.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Wolf ChildrenChizu, Inc.DramaOriginal Work~117minHana was a student before she was a mother. She was bright and pretty, and her future held endless possibilities. Then she met a man, who turned out to be a wolf, and together they built a family. Hana loved her mate fiercely, but fate took him from her, leaving her alone with two unusual kids she didn’t know how to raise. Frightened of being discovered, Hana and her wolf children fled to the countryside to build a new life. Raising her little wild things was an adventure. It left Hana bruised, scratched, exhausted, and joyously overwhelmed as her pups grew stronger and wandered further every day. This is a mother’s journey. Teach your children to chase their dreams – and smile through the tears as they disappear into the world in search of who they will become. Hana wasn’t always a mother, but it was always what she was meant to be.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Maquia: When the Promised Flower BloomsP.A. Works Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~115min
- TV-Series, 27 (2007)Gurren LagannGainax Co., Ltd.Action ComedyOriginal Work~25minIn his sky-less cavern of a village Simon toils daily, drilling holes to expand his stifling little world until one day he makes an extraordinary discovery: a small glowing drill-bit and the man-sized mech it activates. Before he can give it a second thought Simon s dragged into a plot to break through to the surface by the local gang leader Kamina, only to have the ceiling come crashing down on top of them under the weight of a giant monster! It somehow falls onto the boisterous Kamina and cowardly Simon to defend their village but once they defeat the monster what awaits the duo on the surface world?
- TV-Series, 14 (2006)The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minI thought that when I entered high school, my days of believing in aliens, time travelers and ESPers were going to be over. That is until she introduced herself. Claiming to be interested in only aliens, time travelers, and ESPers, Haruhi Suzumiya was the strangest girl I've met in a long time. Before I knew what's going on, I've been dragged into her weird club, and it looks like I'm not the only one who has been drafted into this SOS-Brigade of hers, because there are three other students who don't seem to be so ordinary themselves. Either way we ve all found ourselves caught up in Haruhi's quest to search for all things extraordinary. And what's this I hear about us making a movie?
- TV-Series, 50 (2009)ErinTrans Arts, Production I.G., Inc.DramaNovel~24minErin is a bright and curious 10-year-old girl living at the small Ake village with her mother Soyon. The residents of this community are all devoted to the nurturing of a special kind of reptile named touda. Big and powerful, the creature is an important military asset of the country. Soyon is a wise and extremely skilled beast veterinarian who does the crucial task of taking care of these huge animals despite being somewhat disdained by many people due to the prejudice towards her lineage and gender. Erin admires her and wishes to one day become an expert like her mother. Sadly, the mysterious demise of two Kiba, the strongest type of touda, convicts Soyon as responsible for the calamity. Erin must then travel to a faraway land where she grows up trying to grasp a deeper understanding of both animals and mankind.
- Movie, 1 (2018)My Hero Academia: Two HeroesBONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~96min
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)CharlotteP.A. Works Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~24minSpecial abilities occur among a small percentage of boys and girls in puberty. Yū Otosaka uses his power without others knowing, and lives a fairly normal, average school life. Before him suddenly appears a girl, Nao Tomori. Due to his meeting with her, the fate of special power-users will be exposed.
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)From the New WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaNovel~23minIn the future Japan has become a fractured country, and small towns now exist. The rulers of this world have the cursed power of Telekinesis. When an incident occurs, 5 children come to realize the world is not as it seems, and learn the bloody history behind this world. These 5 children unite and help the world as it falls into a downward spiral of chaos.
- Movie, 3 (2007)5 Centimeters per SecondCoMix Wave Films Inc., Makoto SHINKAIRomantic DramaOriginal Work~21minBeginning with the lyrical image of cherry blossoms falling at five centimeters a second Makoto Shinkai paints a breathtakingly vivid tableau of young love desire loss and hope. Told in three breathtaking chapters we follow the young dreamer Takaki through his life as cruel winters cold technology silence and finally adult obligations and responsibility converge to crush the delicate petals of true love.
- TV-Series, 26 (2012)JoJo’s Bizarre AdventureDavid Production Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minBeginning its tale in 19th century England, young aristocrat Jonathan Joestar finds himself locked in bitter rivalry with Dio Brando, a low-born boy who Jonathan’s father took under his wing after the death of Dio’s father. Discontent with his station in life, Dio’s fathomless drive to reign over all eventually leads him to seek the supernatural powers of an ancient Aztec stone mask in the Joestars' possession – an artifact that will forever change the destiny of Dio and Jonathan for generations to come. Fifty years later, in 1938 New York City, Jonathan’s grandson Joseph Joestar must take up his grandfather’s mission and master the abilities necessary to destroy the stone mask and its immensely powerful creators, the Pillar men, who threaten humanity's very existence.
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Kids on the SlopeTezuka Productions Co., Ltd., MAPPA Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~24minIt’s the summer of 1966 and high school freshman Kaoru Nishimi is struggling to adjust to the latest of many moves in his young life, this time to his uncle’s home in the seaside town of Kyushu. It’s never easy adjusting. But this time will be different. This time he’ll meet friends who’ll change his life forever. And he’ll discover a new passion, one that grabs his heart and rocks him to his very soul. It’s called JAZZ, and together with bad boy Sentarou and music store girl Ritsuko, they’re going to follow their muse to wherever their music takes them!
- TV-Series, 26 (2013)Nagi-Asu: A Lull in the SeaP.A. Works Co., Ltd.RomanceOriginal Work~24minLong ago, humanity lived in the sea. But the humans who longed for the land left the sea behind. They cast aside the special raiment they'd been given by the sea god that let them live in the ocean. The thinking of the sea humans and the land humans became as separate as the places they lived, and as countless time passed, they forgot they were once one people. This will change as the land-dwelling human Tsumugu Kihara befriends four students who live in a village at the bottom of the sea.
- TV-Series, 25 (2011)Tiger & BunnySUNRISE Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work~25minSternbild City is home to people called "Next," who use their special abilities to protect the people as superheroes. These heroes solve cases and save lives so they can wear sponsor logos or acquire "hero points." Their activities are documented on the popular program "Hero TV," which picks the "King of Heroes" in a yearly ranking. The veteran hero Wild Tiger has always preferred to work alone, but now he's been assigned the rookie Barnaby Brooks Jr., who has a different perspective on being a superhero.
- Movie, 1 (2004)The Place Promised In Our Early DaysCoMix Wave Inc.Romantic DramaOriginal Work~90minIn 1996, an enormous tower is constructed on the southern shore of Hokkaido, it's purpose-unknown. Curious, three school children make a vow to discover the mysterious tower's secrets. Will this promise have to be left unfulfilled when one of the three falls into a coma?
- TV-Series, 26 (2003)GungraveMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaVideo Game~25minBack from the grave… back for murder. For Brandon Heat, death doesn't matter. Driven by his need for revenge, he returns from beyond the grave to cripple Milleneon, the huge mafia organization that uses undead monsters as its enforcers. His ultimate goal will be to destroy Harry McDowell, the leader of Milleneon and, at one time, Brandon's best friend...
- TV-Series, 10 (2016)Super LoversStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~24minA high school boy named Haru and his mother are living overseas. His mother orders him to take care of and "civilize" his adoptive brother Ren, a wild young boy who dislikes talking with other people. While their relationship is adversarial at first, they grow closer as they begin to understand one another. (from manga)
- TV-Special, 6 (2008)Rin: Daughters of MnemosyneXEBECActionOriginal Work~45minRin Asougi is an immortal private detective with a thirst for vodka and a talent for attracting things that go bump in the night. In a series of nightmarish vignettes spanning sixty-five years, Rin’s lush body is sadistically pierced, blown up, and mulched to a bloody pulp. The fiend behind her tortured existence is APOS, an eternal being obsessed with sacrificing Rin to Yggdrasil, the tree of all life. While Rin struggles to unravel the secrets of her endless agony, Apos lurks in the shadows, eager to tear into her ripe body and devour the memories of her countless lives. Rin’s no stranger to the realm of the dead, but her next visit could last forever.
- TV-Series, 28 (2009)The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya Second SeasonKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~25minHaruhi continues her search for exciting ways to keep her world from being boring. Unfortunately, for Kyon and the rest of the SOS Brigade, they are forced to go along for the ride. On the night of the Tanabata Star Festival, Kyon is transported back in time by Mikuru Asahina to what may be the source of what led Haruhi to search for aliens, time travelers and espers. In the last two weeks of summer vacation, Haruhi leads the brigade on a dizzying list of summer time activities that leads the brigade into experiencing what they think is dejavu but they're actually re-living the same two weeks of summer over and over again. It's up to Kyon to figure out what's missing to get them out of this endless loop. As fall rolls around, everyone prepares for the school arts festival, but Haruhi isn't content with their class's survey project. She, instead, hatches her own plan for the SOS Brigade to film and screen their own. Step behind the camera to see what went on to create the cinematic 'masterpiece' that is The Adventures of Mikuru Asahina Episode 00.
- Movie, 1 (2006)The Blue ElephantAdventure~79min
- OVA, 1 (2015)Triage X OVAXEBECDramaManga~23min
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)KurozukaMADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~25minKuro, a 12th-century man, flees into the mountains after losing to his brother, where he meets a strange, beautiful woman named Kuromitsu. Kuro falls in love with Kuromitsu but realizes she conceals a dark secret. She is unable to die and continues to live for thousands of years as Japan evolves into a future society.
- OVA, 5 (1999)Words WorthArms CorporationHentaiVisual Novel~29minThe description has been hidden due to your visibility settings for explicit contents.
Page 1 of 1