- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Movie, 1 (2021)Sword Art Online the Movie: Progressive - Aria of a Starless NightA-1 Pictures Inc.ActionLight Novel~?min
- TV-Series, 12 (?)Hataraku Maou-sama! 2ComedyLight Novel~?min
- TV-Series, ? (?)Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari 3AdventureLight Novel~?min
- Movie, 1 (2010)The Disappearance of Haruhi SuzumiyaKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~161minWhere has Haruhi gone?! On December 17th, Kyon's life was abnormal: he spent his free time with an alien robot (Yuki), a time traveler (Mikuru), and an ESPer (Koizumi), trying to keep a headstrong classmate (the eponymous Haruhi) entertained so that she wouldn't unintentionally destroy the world. On December 18th, Kyon's life becomes...normal. Haruhi has disappeared as if she never attended their high school. Yuki is now a shy bookworm, Mikuru has lost all memory of Kyon, Koizumi is nowhere to be found, and only Kyon can see that things have changed. Now he has to decide whether he'll fix it or not.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World: Director’s CutWhite FoxDramaLight Novel~51minAfter Subaru Natsuki leaves a shop, he suddenly finds himself in a foreign world. As a die-hard couch potato, he is ecstatic about apparently having been summoned and starts looking for his destiny (and his hot summoner). He wanders about and gets desperate, as he doesn’t understand why he is here. In an alley, Subaru is then mugged by some robbers, but thankfully, the half-elf Emilia helps him with her ice magic. To show his appreciation for Emilia, he helps her find a stolen object. But the only thing waiting for them at the end of their search is death … What Subaru doesn’t know is that he has a special ability—should he die, the events that lead to his death are “reversed,” and he gets a second chance, blessed with the knowledge of everything that lead to his demise. Thus, his story doesn’t end, but rather begins, together with a horrible flight and a vicious cycle to prevent Emilia’s death … Annotation: In contrast to the original series, the director’s cut contains a few additional scenes, which are meant to introduce the viewer to the second season.
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)The Rising of the Shield HeroKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~25minThe anime adaptation of the “Tate no Yuusha no Nariagari” light novel follows the story of Naofumi Iwatani, who enjoys the peaceful and happy life of a college student. When his younger brother started to drift off the right track, Naofumi did everything he could to bring him back to his senses. Out of gratitude for this, he still enjoys the privileges of a son with his parents, even though he is already 20 years old: He still lives at home and receives enough of an allowance to not have to work alongside his studies. However, his idyllic otaku life style is to end, when he stumbles upon a book in the library, which, aside from telling the story of four heroes, contains nothing but empty pages. As he flips through the empty pages, from one moment to the next, Naofumi is transported to a medieval fantasy world and once he gets back to his senses, he and three other young men find themselves in the centre of a throne room under the vigilant gaze of the king and his court. Each one of them got his own new weapon: Motoyasu Kitamura has got a spear, Ren Amaki carries a sword, and Itsuki Kawasumi holds a bow in his hands. Naofumi himself, obviously, wasn’t left empty-handed either, as he was given … a shield?! A brief exchange with the king and his aides confirmed what the four young men had already suspected: They have been summoned to this world as “heroes,” in order to save it from vicious monsters. While the other three heroes are able to quickly gather a crowd of followers, Naofumi, the Shield Hero, is left to fend for himself. Not only is he not that much into video games and their mechanics—which this new world seems rather similar to—he also seems to be the least liked out of all the heroes. His heart skips a beat, however, when the beautiful Myne Suphia decides to join him. The two of them then visit an armourer to buy all kinds of gear and then they’re off to experience their first adventure: killing weak monsters! After having slain some beasts, they decide to call it a day and quietly pass their evening at a local inn. To be fit for the next day, Naofumi goes to bed early. As he wakes up the next day, however, he is not greeted by Myne, but by royal guardsmen. His money and gear? Gone! What had happened? Was he robbed during the night? When he is brought into the throne room, it turns out that he was not, in fact, the victim of a robbery but of betrayal! With neither money nor gear and being treated as a criminal, he is on his own now, and everything he is left with is his hatred towards everyone who has wronged him. Simply giving up and dying, however? That’s not an option; he will make them suffer for what they did! And thus begins “the rising of the Shield Hero” and his campaign for vengeance!
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 28bitAdventureLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime8bitAdventureLight Novel~24minThe 37-year-old Japanese Satoru Mikami is rather content with his life. The only thing missing to complete his happiness would be a girlfriend. When he meets with a colleague and his new girlfriend, a thief on the run confronts them. Satoru protectively places himself in front of his colleague and is stabbed in the process. However, he suddenly hears a female computer voice and when he opens his eyes, he finds himself in a cave in the middle of a strange world—in the body of a slime! Little by little, he discovers the benefits of living as a slime, like possessing the ability to dissolve other monsters within himself, in order to learn their abilities. During his exploration of the cave he happens to meet the powerful dragon Veldora, who has been sealed within this cave by an unknown hero. The two quickly become friends and Veldora awards him with a new name: Rimuru Tempest! As a result, a part of Veldora’s power is transferred to him and he absorbs Veldora with the promise of finding a way to free him from his seal. When Rimuru finally escapes the cave, he learns about the diversity of this new world in which he lives now. There are dwarfs, ogres, goblins, shadow wolves, and many more. Rimuru decides to establish his own village in which, little by little, many different and once hostile races come to live together peacefully. One day Rimuru meets Shizue Izawa who, as a child, was summoned by the demon king to this strange world. Rimuru has no idea yet that this meeting is going to have a significant impact on his fate.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Ascendance of a Bookworm (Part 2)AJIADO CO.,LTD.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~24minAfter completing her baptism ceremony, Myne begins working in the temple as an apprentice. It is here in the temple that something she has always longed for awaits Myne: a room full of books! And yet, her new life is not quite what she had hoped for … For now she is surrounded by noblemen, who obviously despise her middle-class background, and even her actual subordinates cause her nothing but trouble. Furthermore, she’s constantly struggling with her own physical weaknesses. With her very special love for books in mind, however, she does her best to fulfil her new duties as an apprentice!
- Movie, 1 (2019)Saga of Tanya the Evil: The MovieNUTActionLight Novel~101min
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime Season 2 (Part 2)AdventureLight Novel~?min
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World Season 2 (Part 2)White FoxDramaLight Novel~?min
- Movie, 1 (2017)No Game, No Life ZeroMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~106minSix thousand years before Sora and Shiro were even a blink in the history of Disboard, war consumed the land, tearing apart the heavens, destroying stars, and even threatening to wipe out the human race. Amid the chaos and destruction, a young man named Riku leads humanity toward the tomorrow his heart believed in. One day, in the ruins of an Elf city, he meets Shuvi, a female exiled “Ex-machina” android who asks him to teach her what it means to have a human heart.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World Season 2White FoxDramaLight Novel~26min“Re:Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu 2”, the second season of the anime adaptation of the light novel of the same name by author Tappei Nagatsuki and illustrator Shin’ichirou Ootsuka, continues the story of the “semi-invincible” Subaru Natsuki and his beloved Emilia. After many attempts to not only save Emilia from Betlegeuse Romanee Conti and his acolytes, but also to protect Rem and the trade route to Roswaal’s domain from the white whale, Subaru finally managed to realise a working plan. Crusch Karsten and Anastasia Hoshin, as well as their subordinates, with whom Subaru formed an alliance, were also involved. The reward for his troubles? Finally—after all the time in this strange world from which not even death can save him—he could confess his love to Emilia and properly tell her his feelings. The peace and the happiness about this confession, however, don’t last too long … What had happened? Why are all of his allies—Julius, Wilhelm, Crusch, and even Roswaal—dead? And who is the pale, white-haired lady who comfortably slurps her tea while surveying the pile of corpses?!
- TV-Series, 14 (2019)Ascendance of a BookwormAJIADO CO.,LTD.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~24minHonzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan o Erande Iraremasen adapts the light novel of the same name by Miyu Kazuki. Motosu Urano is finally done with her university studies and now holds in her hands her librarian’s certificate. A life filled with books awaits her—both at work and at home! The young woman can’t imagine anything better, but alas she won’t make it to retirement … No sooner has she started her dream job than an earthquake shakes her home town and the books she loves so much turn into a deadly trap and bury Motosu beneath them. “But there are still so many books to read!” She turns to God with a sudden prayer and he answers her plea and grants her a second life …! Now she lives in an entirely new world—her name is now Myne and she is five years old! As the daughter of a poor soldier she doesn’t always have an easy life, but little has changed as far as her interests are concerned: she is still completely enthralled by the written word and wants to read as many books as possible. But in this new, medieval world she is confronted with a completely new problem: hardly anyone here can read and leaving aside the fact that there are only very few books in this world to begin with, it would cost a fortune to buy one of them! And yet Myne wouldn’t be a genuine book lover if she let something like that stop her … If there aren’t any books here, then she’ll just have to make her own!
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)No Game No LifeMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureLight Novel~24minGenius gamer siblings (plus being NEET & hikikomori) Sora and Shiro are known as the undefeatable “__” (blank). Their talents and skills are so good they are considered as urban legend. One day, a young boy named Teto appears before them, claiming to be the “God” of another dimension where Sora and Shiro are summoned to, in which no violence is allowed and everything is decided by a game. Of the 16 different races residing in this world, “Humanity” is the weakest. After having the vast majority of their lands captured by the other races and being driven to the brink of extinction, Sora and Shiro challenge these one-of-a-kind battles of the intellectual powers in order to save Humanity.
- TV-Series, 25 (2016)Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another WorldWhite FoxDramaLight Novel~26minAn autosave option can save your bum or it can be your worst enemy! Subaru Natsuki finds himself wondering about this very dilemma time after time, ever since being suddenly and mysteriously summoned to another world. Being the otaku that he is, he’s waiting for ‒ hoping for, really ‒ his new superpowers to awaken. Turns out, the one superpower that was bestowed upon him is turning back time. “Neat!,” one might think; too bad he has to die for his power to activate . . . and to make matters worse, nobody but him can remember anything from in-between “reaching his last checkpoint” and dying. Being saved by and instantly infatuated with a mysterious and beautiful girl with long silver hair, he wishes for nothing more than to repay her and get closer to her. How do you repay someone who saved you, though, if you’re all but powerless and just about all you can do is die?
- Movie, 1 (2019)KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on This Wonderful World! The Movie - Legend of CrimsonJ.C.STAFFAdventureLight Novel~90min
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Overlord IIIMADHOUSE Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minThe anime adaptation of the light novel Overlord starts into its third season and nothing much has changed: Momonga is still chasing his goal of ruling over all of Yggdrasil and his plan is progressing slowly but steadily. After unifying the lizard clans under Zaryus and then subjugating them, he—under the guise of the Adventurer Momon—and a few of his fellow Ainz Ooal Gown members infiltrated the royal capital of Re-Estize. After the fierce battle was over, it is now time for the members of the guild to take a break, but how do you get these overly loyal and hard-working creatures to take it easy for a while and relax? Well … You order them to! But even in this serene time, one cannot lose sight of the real goal and so the various members of Ainz Ooal Gown train and prepare for the various battles and trials to come, because no matter how successful they might have been so far, a new enemy may always appear out of nowhere …
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Boy and The BeastChizu, Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~118minThere is the the human realm and the bakemono realm ("Jūtengai"). In these two worlds which must not intersect, there lives a lonely boy in Tokyo's Shibuya ward and a lonely bakemono. One day, the boy gets lost in the bakemono world, becomes the disciple of the bakemono Kumatetsu, and is renamed Kyūta.
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Sword Art OnlineA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minEscape was impossible until it was cleared; a game over would mean an actual «death». Without knowing the «truth» of the mysterious next generation MMO, «Sword Art Online» (SAO), approximately ten thousand users logged in together, opening the curtains to this cruel death battle. Participating alone in SAO, protagonist Kirito had promptly accepted the «truth» of this MMO. And in the game world, a gigantic floating castle named «Aincrad», he distinguished himself as a solo player. Aiming to clear the game by reaching the highest floor, Kirito riskily continued alone. Because of a pushy invitation from a female warrior and rapier expert, Asuna, he teamed up with her. That encounter brought about an opportunity to call out to the fated Kirito.
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)How Not to Summon a Demon Lord ΩOkuruto Noboru Inc., Tezuka Productions Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~?min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of UnderworldA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minSword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld continues the “Alicization” storyline of the anime adaptation to Reki Kawahara’s “Sword Art Online” light novel. The long ascent to the highest level of the cathedral demanded a lot of Kirito and Eugeo and their reunion with Alice was nothing short of disastrous … After the confrontation, Eugeo had to continue his way to the top separated from Kirito and Alice, who now worked together to climb the outer wall of the tower. When they finally arrived on the top floors, not only was it up to them to get the brainwashed Eugeo back on the right track, but the fight against the Administrator was imminent. Kirito and his friends were able to successfully endure this battle, but the price for this hard-won victory was high. Not only did Alice’s memory module and Cardinal fall victim to Administrator, but Eugeo also gave his life to guarantee the victory of his friends …! Quinella’s attempt to escape and the heavy attack on the Rath research facility, however, leave behind a more than uncertain future for Kirito, Alice, and the other inhabitants of Underworld. What will happen next and what about Kikuoka’s final instructions? Could they be the salvation for Kirito …?
- TV-Series, 13 (2010)Angel Beats!P.A. Works Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~25minIt sucks being dead. It sucks even more to be trapped in a surreal afterlife where you're caught between the living and the dead - where a mysterious, violent Angel is trying to pull you over to... somewhere. What do you do? Well, if you're this group of rough-and-tumble teens, you grab every weapon you can get your hands on and give Heaven hell!
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Log HorizonSatelight Inc.AdventureLight Novel~25minElder Tales is an online fantasy RPG that has become popular worldwide. But when its twelfth expansion package, "Cultivate the Noosphere," is installed, thirty thousand players in Japan are trapped inside. Among them is grad student Shiroe, who isn't very good at interacting with others. But to survive in a world full of monsters, he forms a guild called "Log Horizon" with an eclectic group of other players.
- TV-Series, 12 (?)Honzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan o Erande Iraremasen 3Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~?min
- TV-Series, 12 (?)Isekai Quartet 3Comedy~?min
- TV-Series, 11 (2020)Sword Art Online: Alicization - War of Underworld Part 2A-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minThe “Alicization” arc of the anime adaptation of Reki Kawahara’s “Sword Art Online” light novel enters its final phase: the world is at war, and Gabriel Miller’s plan to defeat the Human Empire with the Dark Territory’s forces failed. With the help of his accomplice Critter, however, several thousand American players were able to log into the Underworld. When soldiers from both sides were killed by them, Alice, Asuna, and Iskahn declared a truce between their two realms and now fight alongside each other against the hostile intruders. Still plagued by his feelings of guilt, Kirito is unable to take an active part in the events. During the battle, Gabriel managed to capture Alice, and when Bercouli and Asuna set out to rescue her, thousands more units appeared to cut off their path, but rescue came by way of Sinon at the last minute. In the real world, Yui and the others are trying to gather support, but in-game injuries that cause real pain, and death that means losing your character are deal-breakers to many potential supporters. The fate of Underworld is in Asuna’s and Kirito’s hands, but their past from “SAO” haunts them yet again, as they have to face a familiar adversary.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Sword Art Online: AlicizationA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~25minWhen Kirito wakes up in a huge forest, surrounded by a breathtaking backdrop of massive trees, he realizes that he only has a hazy memory of what happened before he logged into the virtual world. Searching for clues, he begins to explore the forest and meets a boy named Eugeo, who seems to already know him, in front of the large cedar tree. Although the boy must be a non-player character, he has the same depth and complexity of emotions as a human being. The two set out to find his parents, until Kirito suddenly recovers a memory that lay hidden deep within him—a memory from his own childhood! In it, he and Eugeo ran through the forest together and at their side was a girl with golden hair, who bears the name Alice. Just who is this mysterious Alice, however, whose name should never have been forgotten? Annotation: Prior to its TV premiere in October 2018, the first episode was previewed in several countries on September 15th, 2018.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)OverlordMADHOUSE Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minIn the year 2138, virtual reality gaming is booming. Yggdrasil, a popular online game is quietly shut down one day. However, one player named Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as "the most powerful wizard." The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) beginning to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)GateA-1 Pictures Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minA gate appears in Tokyo's Ginza district sometime in the 21st century. From the gate pours out monsters, knights from middle-age Europe, and other fantasy-like beings, and they kill many of the citizens of Tokyo. This event is known as the Ginza Incident. The government sends a small group of soldiers from the Japanese Self-Defense Forces to the alternate world beyond the gate. Led by otaku soldier Yōji, they find that the villages in the world are being attacked by a dragon. An elf girl who is a survivor from the dragon's rampage joins the group in their travels across the dangerous new world.
- OVA, 1 (2020)Ascendance of a Bookworm: Side StoryAJIADO CO.,LTD.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Saga of Tanya the EvilNUTActionLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Gate (Season 2)A-1 Pictures Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minThe Japanese Special Defense Force continues it's ventures with peace talks with the nations beyond the gate , through the use of hostages from the first attack. Although disaster strikes again, and Itami Youji's squad is in the middle of it all once again.
- TV-Series, 10 (2017)KonoSuba: God’s blessing on this wonderful world! 2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~24minKazuma has settled well into the new world now. After some initial difficulties, he now owns a villa, has amassed a decent amount of money by consistently doing various adventurer tasks and Aqua, Megumin and Darkness enjoy life as well. It couldn’t be better … However, Kazuma suddenly finds himself behind bars. Although he always completed any task he accepted with the help of his guild, the group caused considerable collateral damage in the city of Axel and the surrounding area, not least due to Megumin’s unpredictable explosion magic. Now he stands accused of terrorism, theft, and sexual harassment in several cases as well as of the involvement in the schemings of the Demon King. Unfortunately, it is impossible for Kazuma to have a fair trial, so that in the end only the rope awaits him. His last hope lies with Darkness and her noble status. Will she be able to steer the process into the right direction? And thus Kazuma’s crazy adventures in this strange world continue.
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Overlord IIMADHOUSE Inc.ActionLight Novel~24min
- Movie, 1 (2019)Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World: The Frozen BondWhite FoxDramaLight Novel~80min
- TV-Series, 25 (2014)Log Horizon Season 2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~25minThe journey of everyone involved in Elder Tale continues as Shiroe tries to resolve a foreseeable future problem by going through a full raid together with Naotsugu, new friend Tetra and Susukino's ruling guild, Silver Sword while Akatsuki stays behind with the others to guard Akihabara and the princess. As they try to fulfill their respective missions, they discover overwhelming challenges that push them to overcome their limits as adventurers in the constantly evolving world.
- OVA, 13 (2009)Tenchi Muyo! War on GeminarAnime International Co., Inc., BeSTACKAction ComedyOriginal Work~45minFifteen year old Kenshi Masaki was taken from his home planet, transported to a galaxy far, far away, and captured by a gorgeous princess! This royal beauty quickly claims Kenshi as her personal servant – and lends him out to all the lecherous ladies at her prestigious boarding school. On the rare occasion Kenshi doesn’t have his hands full with a curvaceous coed, he can be found training for the intergalactic mecha battle royale looming on the horizon. Helping the princess save her planet is Kenshi’s ticket home, but losing means he’ll be stuck scrubbing backs in the interstellar sauna for the rest of his life!
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)Log Horizon: Destruction of the Round TableStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.AdventureLight Novel~25min