- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 37 (2006)Death NoteMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~23minLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal...or his life? Light tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know?
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave FilmsSentimental DramaOriginal Work~107minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- TV-Series, 24 (2011)Steins;GateWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~24minThe story takes place in Akihabara, Tokyo. Rintarou Okabe, a self-proclaimed mad scientiest, is an eccentric person who heads a Futuristic Gadget Research Laboratory. Together with his friends, Mayuri Shiina and Itaru Hashida, he invents all sorts of things that, in actual fact, often don't have a practical use. Later, he accidently builds a time machine, the Phone Microwave. Contrary to his very own belief, the time machine actually works: From now onwards, he is able to send short mails through time to change the past and, eventually, affect the present. Over the course of the story, Okabe Rintarou admits many other people as new members of his Future Gadget Lab like Kurisu Makise, an extremely intelligent 18-year-old scientist. Soon afterwards, the organisation SERN, that also does research on time travel, becomes aware of Rintarou and his effort to revolutionize the process of travelling through time.
- Movie, 1 (2010)The Disappearance of Haruhi SuzumiyaKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~161minWhere has Haruhi gone?! On December 17th, Kyon's life was abnormal: he spent his free time with an alien robot (Yuki), a time traveler (Mikuru), and an ESPer (Koizumi), trying to keep a headstrong classmate (the eponymous Haruhi) entertained so that she wouldn't unintentionally destroy the world. On December 18th, Kyon's life becomes...normal. Haruhi has disappeared as if she never attended their high school. Yuki is now a shy bookworm, Mikuru has lost all memory of Kyon, Koizumi is nowhere to be found, and only Kyon can see that things have changed. Now he has to decide whether he'll fix it or not.
- TV-Special, 7 (2017)Owarimonogatari Second SeasonSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~23min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Attack on Titan Season 3WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 74 (2004)MonsterMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~24minDr. Kenzo Tenma is a neurosurgeon who lives in the City of Dusseldorf. He is one of the very best neurosurgeons in Germany because of his social and medical skills. He loves people and always makes the best of every operation. Nevertheless, he feels ill at ease because of the decisions of the superiors: He has to give important and rich people preference to increase the reputation of the hospital. This is incompatible with Tenma's own opinion on equality. Over the course of the story, Tenma has to treat several patients and he is forced to prefer the people who are more important and influential. Later, he notices what he did, when he is ordered to operate a politician instead of a small boy who suffers from enormous blood loss – as a result of a head shot – . Tenma decides to ignore the order and continue operating on this small boy named Johann. However, soon it becomes clear to Tenma that Johann is not just a "normal" boy.
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)KanonKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minYuichi hasn’t seen his cousin Nayuki in years. Now that he’s back, all knowledge of ever visiting has vanished. He tries to adjust to the vaguely familiar surroundings, but the gaps in his memory haunt him as time grows short. The pieces of the puzzle have appeared – an eerily silent beauty with blazing tresses, the mysterious girl with the winged backpack, and the sword-wielding demon slayer – but it’s up to Yuichi to discover how they fit together.
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter experiencing a bizarre dream, Madoka Kaname, a kind 14-year-old girl, encounters a magical creature named Kyube. Madoka and her friend Sayaka Miki are offered the opportunity of gaining magical powers if they agree to make a contract with the strange little being. He will also grant them one wish, but in exchange they shall risk their lives by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Invisible to human eyes, witches are catalysts of despair in the areas they inhabit. An ally of Kyube, a magical girl named Mami Tomoe, befriends and encourages the two girls to accept the contract. For an unknown reason, another magical girl named Homura Akemi is determined to prevent Madoka from accepting the deal.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 2: EternalSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~110minMadoka learns from Kyubey, whose real identity is Incubator, that his species makes contracts to make girls into magical girls that inevitably become witches in order to use the energy that spawns from their despair to counter entropy in the universe. Kyouko, hoping for a chance that Sayaka can be made human again, takes Madoka with her to try and reach her humanity. This ultimately fails, with Kyouko choosing to sacrifice herself to destroy Sayaka with her. Meanwhile, it is revealed that Homura comes from another timeline, having relived the same month several times in the hope of saving Madoka from a grim fate at the hands of the ultimate witch, Walpurgisnacht. Homura attempts to face Walpurgisnacht, but is ultimately defeated and draws close to despair, feeling her efforts have become pointless. Just then, Madoka appears and uses the built up energy from several timelines to become a powerful magical girl capable of eliminating witches before they are born.
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIGProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~25minSet in a re-imagined Hong Kong at a time when cyberspace is expanding into human reality, the story follows top cyberwarrior Major Motoko Kusanagi as she hovers on the border of total immersion in the digital world.
- OVA, 110 (1988)Legend of the Galactic HeroesT.P.O., Inc., Kitty Film Mitaka StudioAction DramaNovel~25minFor decades, the Galactic Empire has been locked in an interstellar war with the Free Planets Alliance, a conflict that involves thousands of spaceships and millions of soldiers on both sides. Two new commanders enter the conflict with great hopes: Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li. As they deal with superiors and subordinates, maneuver through complicated political arrangements, plot strategies, and win battles, each will be tested, and ultimately, changed, by the reality of war.
- Movie, 1 (1997)Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Production I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~90minHaving prevented the Third Impact and thus saving the planet, NERV unexpectedly finds itself under attack. Conscious of Gendo's betrayal, SEELE launches a massive raid towards Tokyo-3 in order to conclude the Human Instrumentality Project at any cost. NERV must now fight its most fearsome opponent: mankind itself.
- TV-Series, 26 (1995)Neon Genesis EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minNeon Genesis Evangelion is the story of a reluctant young hero, called upon to pilot an immense robotic weapon in battle against alien invaders in the year 2015. As the remnants of the human race cower in subterranean cities, a deadly war is being waged on what is left of the planet. On one side are the mysterious beings known as Angels; on the other, the special agency NERV and mankind's last hope, the awe-inspiring Evangelions.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)OwarimonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minDuring the month of October of his third year in high school, Koyomi Araragi is introduced to a transfer student named Ougi Oshino by his underclassman Kanbaru Suruga. Ougi tells Koyomi that she has something she wishes to consult with him. When she draws the map of Naoestu High School, she finds something peculiar. This discovery reveals a tale that wasn't meant to be told, and this makes Koyomi's high school life totally different. This is the story that brings to light “what” makes Koyomi Araragi. This is the story that reveals the “beginning” of everything.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 3 - RebellionSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~116minMadoka Kaname used to be a normal girl living happy days of her life. This all ended when she sacrificed herself in order to save other magical girls from the utterly cruel fate that awaited them. Unable to let her memories of Madoka die, Homura Akemi continues to fight alone in the world that Madoka left behind for humanity in order to see her smile once more.
- TV-Series, 13 (2007)Baccano!Brain's BaseActionLight Novel~25minDon't let nobody tell you there's no future in a life of crime, because some rackets can last forever. But we'll get around to all that immortality jazz later. A mafia turf war is raging on the mean streets of the Big Apple, a place where regular joes bounce between backdoor booze joints and the breadline. But this caper ain't about a simple gangland brawl. It's about hoods who can't seem to die proper after catching a bullet or five between the eyes. Sadistic hit-men and the dames they love, mad bombers going boom, monsters going bump and soul sucking alchemists bootlegging an elixir of eternal life. Just remember, Baccano! ain't about beginnings and ends. It's about the twists and turns, bub. Paths don't cross in this story - They collide. Every Dick and Jane plays the lead and it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 1: BeginningsSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~130minIn the city of Mitakihara, a girl named Madoka Kaname, along with her friend, Sayaka Miki, encounter a creature named Kyubey and are saved from witches by a magical girl named Mami Tomoe. Kyubey offers Madoka and Sayaka the chance to have any one wish granted in exchange for becoming a magical girl and fighting witches, whilst Homura Akemi, another magical girl who recently transferred into Madoka's class, is strongly against Madoka becoming one. Before Madoka can make a decision, however, Mami is killed by a witch, leaving Madoka too afraid to become a magical girl. Sayaka, however, decides to become a magical girl herself in order to heal the hand of her childhood friend, Kyosuke Kamijou. As Sayaka soon comes into conflict with another magical girl named Kyouko Sakura, they, along with Madoka, learn the shocking truth that their soul gems, the source of their magical powers, literally contain their souls.
- TV-Series, 10 (2019)Shingeki no Kyojin Season 3 (2019)WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~?min
- TV-Series, 24 (2010)Durarara!!Brain's BaseActionLight Novel~25minMikado Ryuugamine is a boy who wishes for the thrilling city life. At Masaomi Kida's invitation, an old childhood friend, he starts attending a school in Ikebukuro. Masaomi warns Mikado to avoid meeting some of his new schoolmates and people in town: Shizuo Heiwajima – "The strongest man in Ikebukuro", the mysterious Izaya Orihara and many of the street gangs like the Dollars. A sequence of fateful events occurs, thus the normal lives of Mikado and Masaomi are turned upside down...
- TV-Series, 23 (2006)Ergo Proxymanglobe Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minA domed city, Romd is home to both humans and robots. The two races peacefully live together, both under the control of the government. This doesn't last forever, however, as the surprise attack on a reporter by a mysterious being that is not clearly robot or human sparks an all-out war which may just be the awakening.
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)From the New WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaNovel~23minIn the future Japan has become a fractured country, and small towns now exist. The rulers of this world have the cursed power of Telekinesis. When an incident occurs, 5 children come to realize the world is not as it seems, and learn the bloody history behind this world. These 5 children unite and help the world as it falls into a downward spiral of chaos.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign – Part 2WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~25minYuichiro has reunited with Mikaela at the Shinjuku Battle, but Mikaela was turned into a vampire. To save the "family," and to protect his fellow members, Yuichiro needed to gain knowledge and power. He searched for ways to bring back vampire to human beings, and at the same time, trained hard working on the Cursed Gear. Meanwhile, Kureto calls Guren and tells him a shocking truth: In one month, the main unit of the vampire will start attacking Tokyo. To get a head start against vampires, Kureto orders Guren to go to Nagoya. The noble extermination mission is about to open fire.
- Movie, 1 (2006)PaprikaMADHOUSE Inc.DramaNovel~87minPrepare to enter the realm of fantasy and imagination where reality and dreams collide in a kaleidoscopic mindscape of sheer visual genius. The magical tale centers on a revolutionary machine that allows scientists to enter and record a subject’s dream. After being stolen, a fearless detective and brilliant therapist join forces to recover the device before it falls into the hands of a dream terrorist in this gripping anime thriller from acclaimed director Satoshi Kon.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Scum’s WishLercheRomantic DramaManga~23min
- Movie, 1 (1998)Perfect BlueMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerNovel~82minMima is an ex-pop idol who was worshipped by the masses before fashion dictated otherwise. In order to salvage her career, she decides to drop music and pursue acting. A soap opera role is offered but Mima's character is less clean cut than desired. Regardless, she agrees and events take a turn for the worse. She begins to feel reality slip. She discovers her identical twin, a mirror image that hasn't given up singing. Internet sites appear describing every intimate detail of her life and a figure stalks her from the shadows. Her friends and associates are threatened, and killed, as Mima descends into a dangerous world of paranoid delusion. She fears for her life and must unravel fact from illusion in order to stay alive.
- TV-Series, 13 (1998)Serial Experiments LainTriangle Staff Corp.DramaOriginal Work~24minWe're all Connected... There is the world around us, a world of people, tactile sensation, and culture. There is the wired world, inside the computer, of images, personalities, virtual experiences, and a culture all of its own. The day after a classmate commits suicide, Lain, a thirteen year-old girl, discovers how closely the two worlds are linked when she receives an e-mail from the dead girl: "I just abandoned my body. I still live here..." Has the line between the real world and the wired world begun to blur?
- OVA, 8 (2016)Kubikiri Cycle: Aoiro Savan to Zaregoto TsukaiSHAFT Inc.CrimeLight Novel~27min
- Movie, 1 (2017)Genocidal OrganGeno Studio Inc.Action DramaNovel~115min
- OVA, 13 (1993)Ambassador MagmaAction DramaManga~25minThe alien invader Goa plots to conquer the Earth. He first warns the Murakami family (father Atsushi, mother Tomoko, and son Mamoru) of their invasion, and demonstrates his powers by transporting them to a prehistoric jungle and destroying a Giant Dinosaur before their very eyes. But they will not agree to surrender to Goa, so hope comes in the form of Magma, an armored, golden giant with long hair and antennae. He and his human-sized wife Mol, both created by the wizard Earth are sent to defend our world against Goa. They befriend Atsushi and Mamoru, the latter has Magma emotionally touched, as he wanted to have a child with his wife Mol, so Earth creates a duplicate of Mamoru, named Gam Earth gives Mamoru a whistle, with which he can call Gam Mol and Magma in times of crisis. So when Goa unleashes his various daikaiju, chances are, Magma, Mol, and Gam will fly to the rescue.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Re:␣HamatoraLercheCrimeManga~25minThree months have passed since the riot in Yokohama, and life has returned to normal... Or as normal as things could be. When faced with a shocking betrayal, the Hamatora detectives and their friends at Cafe Nowhere must try to hold things together as they come falling down, piece by piece.
- TV-Series, 11 (2015)The Perfect InsiderA-1 Pictures Inc.CrimeNovel~23minSōhei Saikawa is a member of the Saikawa Research Lab. He goes on a vacation held by the lab, and Moe Nishinosono, the daughter of his mentor, joins the group on their vacation despite not being a part of the lab. There, the two end up finding a corpse. The two work together to solve the mysteries of what becomes a serial murder case.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Flip Flappers3Hz Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Mekakucity ActorsSHAFT Inc.Action DramaOther~24minHikikomori and NEET Shintaro Kisaragi, who shut himself inside his room for 2 years, had been living a quiet life until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared on his computer screen, when someone anonymously sent him a mysterious e-mail one year ago. When they got into a fight one day, Ene messes with Shintaro's PC, which thus breaks down and causes him to have to get a new one. This event led to him going outside for the first time in two years.
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Empire of CorpsesWIT STUDIO, Inc.HorrorLight Novel~120min
- TV-Series, 24 (2017)Sagrada ResetDavid Production Inc.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Anonymous NoiseBrain's BaseRomantic DramaManga~24min
- OVA, 1 (1985)Tenshi no TamagoStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal Work~71minIn a desolate and dark world full of shadows, lives one little girl who seems to do nothing but collect water in jars and protect a large egg she carries everywhere. A mysterious man enters her life... and they discuss the world around them. Annotation: About 30 minutes of footage have been reused in the Australian live action movie In the Aftermath: Angels Never Sleep (1988).
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Islandfeel.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Horizon on the Middle of Nowhere IISUNRISE Inc.Action ComedyLight Novel~25minAfter claiming sovereignty over the Japanese prefecture Mikawa, the flying city-ship Musashi seeks refuge by retreating to England. While initial talks with the reluctant ruler of England seem promising, sudden chaos ensues as the Musashi finds itself in the middle of a reenactment of the 1588 A.D. invasion of England by the Spanish Armada. Now the students of the Ariadust Academy must use their unique abilities to gain allies while simultaneously defending the resurrected heir to the Mikawa throne, Horizon, against the various world superpowers which are now their enemies.