- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 43 (1999)GTO: Great Teacher OnizukaPierrot Co., Ltd.DramaManga~26minEikichi Onizuka is the teacher in every parent's nightmares, which may be the reason so many ninth-graders adore him. Built like a brick sushi bar, the 22-year-old Onizuka is a second-degree black belt in karate, a former biker, a foul-mouthed chain-smoker, and a lecher. But he's fanatically devoted to the idea of being a teacher and cares passionately about his students. Onizuka administers a broadly comic mixture of tough love and Clint Eastwood-style vigilante justice, which is just what's needed. Every student at Holy Forest Middle School seems to be a misfit, a thug, a bully, and/or the product of an unhappy home. Onizuka's actions bring him into conflict with parents, rival teachers, the PTA, various watchdog groups, and the sniveling vice-principal, none of whom can stop him.
- TV-Series, 22 (2014)Your Lie in AprilA-1 Pictures Inc.Sentimental DramaManga~23minKōsei Arima was a piano prodigy until his mother died when he was eleven years old. The shock of losing her made him lose any interest in piano, and his life has felt monotonous ever since. Then, when he's fourteen, his childhood friend Tsubaki introduces him to her classmate Kaori, a free-spirited violinist. Her enthusiasm reignites his interest in music and in life.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Evangelion: 2.22 - You Can (Not) Advance.Studio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~108minNew Pilots, New Evas, New Angels The landmark anime Evangelion evolves, reaching new heights of intensity in the new feature film: Evangelion 2.22. In this explosive new story, brutal action and primal emotion clash as a group of young pilots maneuver their towering, cyborg Eva Units into combat against a deadly and disturbing enemy. In the battle to prevent the apocalyptic Third Impact, Shinji and Rei were forced to carry humanity's hopes on their shoulders. Now, as the onslaught of the bizarre, monstrous Angels escalates, they find their burden shared by two new Eva pilots, the fiery Asuka and the mysterious Mari. In this thrilling new experience for fans of giant robot destruction, the young pilots fight desperately to save mankind and struggle to save themselves.
- TV-Series, 25 (2016)Assassination Classroom Season 2LercheAction ComedyManga~23minClass 3E is about to begin their second semester. And while some things have changed, the class assignment is still the same: kill their teacher before the end of the year. Easier said than done since Koro Sensei's made it clear he won't go down without a fight.
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter experiencing a bizarre dream, Madoka Kaname, a kind 14-year-old girl, encounters a magical creature named Kyube. Madoka and her friend Sayaka Miki are offered the opportunity of gaining magical powers if they agree to make a contract with the strange little being. He will also grant them one wish, but in exchange they shall risk their lives by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Invisible to human eyes, witches are catalysts of despair in the areas they inhabit. An ally of Kyube, a magical girl named Mami Tomoe, befriends and encourages the two girls to accept the contract. For an unknown reason, another magical girl named Homura Akemi is determined to prevent Madoka from accepting the deal.
- TV-Series, 26 (1995)Neon Genesis EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minNeon Genesis Evangelion is the story of a reluctant young hero, called upon to pilot an immense robotic weapon in battle against alien invaders in the year 2015. As the remnants of the human race cower in subterranean cities, a deadly war is being waged on what is left of the planet. On one side are the mysterious beings known as Angels; on the other, the special agency NERV and mankind’s last hope, the awe-inspiring Evangelions. Annotation: An English-dubbed version was first published as part of a VHS release by ADV Films starting in 1996. After ADV Films’ license expired, streaming service Netflix released a newly dubbed version in 2019.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Tsukigakireifeel.RomanceOriginal Work~24min
- Movie, 1 (2007)Evangelion: 1.11 - You Are (Not) Alone.Studio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~98minTokyo-3 still stands after most of civilization was decimated in the Second Impact. Now the city endures the ceaseless onslaught of the deadly Angels, bizarre creatures bent on eradicating the human race. To combat this strange and ruthless enemy, the government agency NERV constructs a fleet of towering humanoid machines – the Evas – and Shinji Ikari is called into action, reluctantly taking his place at the controls of Eva Unit 01. Living a life of loneliness and questioning his existence, Shinji struggles to accept responsibility for mankind’s battle for survival in this visually striking rebuild of one of the most important anime of all time. Shinji will fight the Angels alongside the only person who might understand his plight – Rei Ayanami, the elusive and frail pilot of Eva Unit 00. In this film experience not to be missed, Shinji and Rei will struggle to learn a simple truth: when carrying the burden of humanity’s survival on your shoulders, you are not alone.
- TV-Series, 24 (2017)Welcome to the BallroomProduction I.G., Inc.GanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 22 (2015)Assassination ClassroomLercheAction ComedyManga~23minOne day, the moon exploded, leaving it in a perpetual crescent-moon shape. The creature who claims responsibility for the destruction also claims it will destroy the world in March of next year. With powers beyond human comprehension, no military can stand against it. Yet, for some reason, it chooses to take up occupancy as a teacher in the worst class of Kunugigaoka Middle School. The fate of the world rests in the hands of its students, as they have until graduation to figure out how to murder their teacher and collect ten billion yen for saving the world.
- TV-Series, 9 (2019)Hi Score Girl IIJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Teasing Master Takagi-san: Season 2Shin-Ei AnimationRomantic ComedyManga~24minKarakai Jouzu no Takagi-san, the anime adaptation to Souichirou Yamamoto’s manga of the same name, enters its second round and for the young Nishikata this means that he has to endure even more of Takagi’s teasing and taunting …! While the relationship of their two friends Mano and Nakai doesn’t really want to progress even after the water park with its big slide and the legend accompanying it, at least the seating arrangement in the classroom could be restored. But even if Nishikata is secretly in love with Takagi, it’s not clear whether he should be happy or not … Because one thing is clear: Takagi will make his life difficult in season 2 as well!
- Movie, 1 (2010)Colorful: The Motion Pictureascension Inc.DramaNovel~126minUpon reaching the train station to death, a dejected soul is informed that he is 'lucky' and will have another chance at life. He is placed in the body of a 14-year-old boy named Makoto Kobayashi, who has just committed suicide. Watched over by a neutral spirit named Purapura, the soul must figure out what his greatest sin and mistake in his former life was before his time limit in Makoto's body runs out. He also has a number of other lesser duties he must complete, such as understanding what led Makoto to commit suicide in the first place and learning how to enjoy his second chance at life.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Hinamatsurifeel.ComedyManga~24min
- OVA, 3 (2019)Hi Score Girl: Extra StageJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2014)Baby StepsPierrot Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~25minEiichirō Maruo (nicknamed "Ei-chan" for his grades being straight "A") is an honor student, bookworm, and is not interested in anything other than studying. In order to solve his problem of lacking physical strength, he enrolled a tennis school and soon found the fascinating side of tennis. Being a tennis newbie lacking physical strength, he supplement his shortcomings with his excellent observing and analyzing skills.
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)Shakugan no Shana: Season IIJ.C.STAFFActionLight Novel~24minShana and Yuji face their greatest foes yet as they battle Denizens who desire the Midnight Lost Child for their own. Amidst a whirlwind battle with the beautiful Pheles, a Flame Haze goes berserk and friends get caught in the chaos. Then, the Bal Masque returns to execute a scheme that could spell the end for Yuji. Will a newly discovered strength give Yuji and Shana the edge to save themselves and the city from total destruction... or will evil engulf both his world and hers?
- Web, 1 (2020)A Whisker AwayStudio Colorido Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaOriginal Work~104minAs a little child, Miyo Sasaki strayed into an unknown world and, scared and surrounded by cat-like beings, started to cry, when a large cat reached out its paw and asked her with a smile, whether she was lost. This was the first time she met this mysterious, big cat. Many years pass and she is annoyed with her parents because she must decide which of the two she wants to live with from now on. So, she runts into a forest and once more meets the big cat, which, this time, is surrounded by cat masks, and asks Miyo whether she wouldn’t like to try one on herself. On this day, Miyo’s life is completely turned on its head, as she can now transform into a white cat called Tarou! Miyo has a crush on her classmate Kento Hinode, but she constantly annoys him with her extroverted attitude. Every day after school, but also whenever she has private problems, she visits him in her cat form, to be close to him, and thereby gets to know new sides to him, also realising that she prefers her life as a cat to her life as a human. Thus, she decides to leave her true form behind, and the lines between her human and her cat form become more and more blurred, which is not without consequences for her …
- Movie, 1 (2015)High Speed!: Free! Starting DaysKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.GanbatteLight Novel~111minHaruka Nanase feels something special when he touches water. The medley relay was the last competition he was able to participate in during elementary school. Haruka, along with Makoto Tachibana, Nagisa Hazuki, and Rin Matsuoka, saw something they'd never seen before. In spring, with the cherry blossoms in full bloom. Haruka moves on to Iwatobi Middle School with Makoto and starts a new life. Both enter the swim team, and plan to compete in the medley relay together with Asahi Shiina and Ikuya Kirishima. All four students have different objectives and ways of thinking, and different baggage they're carrying, and so their practice for the relay hasn't been going well.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Yuruyuri Season 3Yumeta Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 22 (2018)Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear CardMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureManga~25min
- TV-Series, 24 (2005)Shakugan no ShanaJ.C.STAFFActionLight Novel~25minYuji Sakai is about to learn that there is more to the world than going to school and finding a girl friend when he meets a sword-wielding girl with fiery red eyes and flame colored hair. Denizens of the Crimson Realm are invading our world and it's up to the Flame Haze, Shana to slay them. However, when Yuji gets in the way of her sword, he learns that death is much more different than he imagined it would be. Experience their harrowing story as Yuji and Shana work together to fight the Denizens of the Crimson World and learn more about each other and the worlds they are from.
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)True TearsP.A. Works Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaOriginal Work~24minShinichirou is a high school student who aspires to be a picture book author. His classmate Hiromi came to live with his family after her father died. Since then, she's bottled up her feelings and has an aura of melancholy around her. Shinichirou wants to cheer her up but doesn't know how. One day, Shinichirou meets Noe perched up in a tree. Noe's got weird rumors going around about her and now's she's adopted Shinichiro as her pet chicken?! A tragic event occurs but Noe doesn't shed any tears. She explains that she gave away all her tears and she's searching for someone to give them back to her. Will Shinichirou swipe away Hiromi's sorrows and find a way for Noe to find her true tears?
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Hi Score GirlJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Yuruyuri: Happy Go Lily Season 2Doga KoboComedyManga~24minThe middle school days of Akari and co. resume normally as they enjoy their fun times together again.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Teasing Master Takagi-sanShin-Ei AnimationRomantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Stars Align8bitDramaOriginal Work~24minThe original anime Hoshiai no Sora takes us on a journey into the world of high-school soft tennis—a form of tennis that uses a much softer ball than traditional tennis. The plot focuses on the small high-school soft-tennis club that is about to shut down. In order to participate in the big summer tournament for one last time and perhaps even win it, Touma Shinjou—himself a passionate soft-tennis player—asks Maki Katsuragi for help. Maki is widely known as a tennis ace and it is his highly acclaimed skills that are expected to help the high-school club win. But Maki wouldn’t even consider supporting a small club like this out of pure goodwill and demands appropriate financial compensation if he is to join the club and take part in the tournament. Thus begins a story about youth and love for sport, which in the end is about more than just a victory at the summer tournament …
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)Accel WorldSUNRISE Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minIn year 2046, Haruyuki Arita a small and heavyset boy is on the lowest of the social rungs of his school. Often a victim of bullying, he is frequently retiring to the virtual world where he can pursue his hobby, Squash. When Kuroyukihime, the most popular girl in school broke his (normally unbeatable) record, she made him a special offer. She introduces him to a mysterious program called Brain Burst which is a virtual reality game taking place in the so called Accelerated World (Accel World). The program offers him the possibility to slow down time, but everything comes at a price …’
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Hitoribocchi no MarumaruseikatsuChallenge To ChallengeComedyManga~24minBocchi Hitori suffers from a state of sociophobia, which makes it hard for her to start a good conversation with other people and quickly leads to her overreacting. She is surprisingly adept at avoiding people, but her legs cramp whenever she exerts herself and she often vomits when she finds herself under enormous stress. When she is alone, however, she is absolutely confident in herself and she makes the craziest plans. Now her middle-school days begin, but her only friend, Kai Yawara, attends a different school! In order to help Bocchi get along with her classmates at middle school, Kai has threatened that she will not talk to her anymore, unless she makes friends with her new classmates.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Kin'iro Mosaic: Pretty DaysStudio GokumiComedyManga~50min
- TV-Series, 13 (1998)Serial Experiments LainTriangle Staff Corp.DramaOriginal Work~24minWe're all Connected... There is the world around us, a world of people, tactile sensation, and culture. There is the wired world, inside the computer, of images, personalities, virtual experiences, and a culture all of its own. The day after a classmate commits suicide, Lain, a thirteen year-old girl, discovers how closely the two worlds are linked when she receives an e-mail from the dead girl: "I just abandoned my body. I still live here..." Has the line between the real world and the wired world begun to blur?
- Web, 8 (2016)Ansatsu Kyoushitsu Second Season: Kagaijugyou-henLercheAction ComedyManga~5min
- TV-Series, 102 (1996)KodochaGALLOP Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minSana Kurata may be a famous TV star, yet her life is anything but perfect! And it seems as if the only time this 11-year-old superstar isn't causing trouble is when she s trying to fix it. But even then, there is bound to be some sort of chaos! From feuding friends and neighborhood nuisances to tabloid reporters, classroom battles and scripted kisses, Sana has got her hands full. And just as her career takes an unexpected nose dive, the book she has worked so hard to publish looks to do more harm than good. But life's hardest lesson lies just around the corner, and Sana is gonna have to realize there are some problems that just can t be fixed. Will the distraught diva come to her senses before it s too late? Or will tragedy breed tragedy? Find out on Kodocha!
- OVA, 2 (2014)Ao Haru Ride OADProduction I.G., Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~22min
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)GleipnirPine JamActionManga~24minThe anime series “Gleipnir” is about the student Shuuichi Kagaya, who leads a regular life in a boring small town, until it is turned on its head one day. Because Shuuichi has a secret—he can turn into a monster! One morning, he wakes up in the form of a big dog with an oversized revolver and a zipper on his back—equipped with incredible strength and a heightened sense of smell. When his classmate Claire Aoki gets into trouble, Shuuichi decides to save her and to thereby share his secret with her. But Claire is looking for monsters herself, hoping to find her sister. And with her sadistic demeanour and her lack of compassion for other people, she isn’t shy about using Shuuichi to achieve her goal.
- OVA, 1 (2002)Voices of a Distant StarMakoto SHINKAISentimental DramaOriginal Work~25minA female mecha pilot tries to keep in touch with her boyfriend on earth while she is in space using cell phone text messages. The farther away they get from each other, the harder it is for the text messages to get to each other.
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Yuruyuri: Happy Go LilyDoga KoboComedyManga~24minRight after starting middle school, Akari Akaza joins the Amusement Club which is composed solely of her two childhood friends, Kyouko Toshinou and Yui Funami. Chinatsu Yoshikawa, Akaza's classmate, becomes a member after finding out about the dissolution of the Tea Club. The Amusement Club, situated at the tea room facility since the Tea Club disbanded, has no clear purpose, being free for the girls to do whatever they want.
- TV-Special, 1 (2018)Cardcaptor Sakura: Clear Card-hen SoushuuhenMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureManga~25min
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)My Bride is a MermaidAnime International Co., Inc., Gonzo K.K.Romantic ComedyManga~24minNagasumi's in hot water after a beautiful, young mermaid named Sun saves him from drowning. The deep-sea sweetheart's dad is a merman Yakuza prone to executing anyone who learns his family's scaly secret! Luckily, there's a catch - if Nagasumi agrees to marry Sun, he just might avoid sleeping with the fishes! Of course, the honeymoon ends before it even begins when Nagasumi finds his life flooded with gilled gangsters looking out for their boss's little girl. The kid's definitely in over his head, but there's no denying the mermaid's allure - Nagasumi's hooked and Sun's ready to come ashore!
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)This Art Club Has a Problem!feel.ComedyManga~24minAn art club in a certain middle school has the following members: Subaru Uchimaki, who is a genius at drawing faces, but only wants to draw the perfect 2D wife; Colette, a rich troublemaker who never stops making mischief; and the club president, who sleeps through sessions and collects sleeping aids. Mizuki Usami is the only person in the club who wants to do art club-like activities, and constantly struggles to do so. (from manga)