- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 23 (2007)ClannadKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minTortured by his past and pained by an uncertain future, Tomoya drifts through life with an almost overwhelming anger and emptiness. But when he meets the mysterious, beautiful, and shy Nagisa, his world seems to change. Drawn in by her gentle but lonely spirit, he begins to experience the joy life can bring. But as he discovers the reason for his newfound friend's loneliness, Tomoya also finds that life can be frighteningly fragile.
- Web, 13 (2016)ReLIFETMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~24minArata Kaizaki is an unemployed, single 27-year-old who has just been cut off from his parents' financial support. Unable to find a job due to him leaving his previous employer within three months, he is stuck. One night after drinking with a high school friend, Arata meets Ryō Yoake, a man who offers Arata pills to turn him back into a 17-year old so he can redo his life. After agreeing to the experiment, Arata joins a high school class, and meets Chizuru Hishiro, a socially-awkward silent beauty who yearns to have friends. Through connecting with her and other classmates, Arata must find what he lacks to live a happy life in the real world within a one-year time limit.
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Terror in ResonanceMAPPA Co., Ltd.ThrillerOriginal Work~23minOne summer day, a terrorist attack strikes Tokyo. The perpetrators are two boys who call themselves "Sphinx." The attack was just the beginning of the grandiose game they are playing that will envelop all of Japan.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)OwarimonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minDuring the month of October of his third year in high school, Koyomi Araragi is introduced to a transfer student named Ougi Oshino by his underclassman Kanbaru Suruga. Ougi tells Koyomi that she has something she wishes to consult with him. When she draws the map of Naoestu High School, she finds something peculiar. This discovery reveals a tale that wasn't meant to be told, and this makes Koyomi's high school life totally different. This is the story that brings to light “what” makes Koyomi Araragi. This is the story that reveals the “beginning” of everything.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Food Wars! The Fourth PlateJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24minShokugeki no Souma: Shin no Sara, the fourth season of the anime version of the “Shokugeki no Souma” manga, continues the culinary adventures of Souma Yukihira and his friends. After the exhausting train ride and the many battles the “rebels” had to fight on the way, the Battle Royale Shokugeki is now in full swing! Souma had to dig deep into his bag of tricks in order to find enough comrades for the Battle Royale, since all members of his gang except him, Erina, Megumi, and Takumi had already been eliminated—that is, defeated and put in a cage. But with Isshiki, Kuga, Subaru, and the former third seat of the “Elite 10”—Tousuke Megishima—Souma has put together an extremely powerful team! And in the very first round of the Battle Royale, the members of Azami’s Central and the audience get a taste of the power Souma’s team brings to the table! Not only can the two former “Elite 10” members—Isshiki and Tousuke—easily bring their opponents to their knees, but Souma, who has to compete with the Soba specialist Nene Kinokuni in her own field of expertise of all things, also emerges victorious! A glorious 3-0 start for the rebel team in the Battle Royale Shokugeki, which is now entering its second round. Who will step up next and when will Central bring their two star players, Rindou and Eishi, onto the field?
- TV-Series, 24 (2017)Welcome to the BallroomProduction I.G., Inc.GanbatteManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2017)Kuroko's Basketball The Movie: Last GameProduction I.G., Inc.GanbatteManga~91min
- Movie, 1 (2019)BanG Dream! Film LiveSanzigen Inc.?Manga~72min
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Gochuumon wa Usagi desu ka? BloomEncourage Films Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~?min
- TV-Special, 1 (2014)Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Prologueufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~51min
- TV-Series, 14 (2006)The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minI thought that when I entered high school, my days of believing in aliens, time travelers and ESPers were going to be over. That is until she introduced herself. Claiming to be interested in only aliens, time travelers, and ESPers, Haruhi Suzumiya was the strangest girl I've met in a long time. Before I knew what's going on, I've been dragged into her weird club, and it looks like I'm not the only one who has been drafted into this SOS-Brigade of hers, because there are three other students who don't seem to be so ordinary themselves. Either way we ve all found ourselves caught up in Haruhi's quest to search for all things extraordinary. And what's this I hear about us making a movie?
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Food Wars! The Fifth PlateJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2019)Fruits Basket: Season 1TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24minAfter having gone through family tragedy, the world of the 16-year-old high-school student Tooru Honda is turned upside down. She packs her things and moves out … into a tent! Unfortunately, she manages to set up her tent on the private property of the mysterious Souma Clan and it doesn’t take the owner very long until he learns her secret. The Souma Clan, however, has its very own secret as Tooru is soon to find out. When members of the Clan are embraced by a person of the opposite sex, they transform into animals from the Chinese zodiac signs!
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Chihayafuru Season 2MADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~23minAfter an exciting year for the Mizusawa High School karuta club, a new semester begins as two new members join the group. More passionate than ever for the old card game, Chihaya sets ambitious goals for herself and for her friends. They compete in two extremely arduous high school championships.
- TV-Series, 11 (2019)GivenLercheRomantic DramaManga~23minWhen high school student Uenoyama goes to his secret favourite place at school to take a nap without being disturbed, he finds it already occupied by his classmate, the reserved Mafuyu Satou from his parallel class, who in his sleep clings to a guitar with rusty strings. Annoyed by its neglected condition and Mafuyu’s apathetic behaviour, he takes on the instrument, but from that moment on he is constantly pursued by Mafuyu, because he absolutely wants to learn how to play the guitar from him. As much as Uenoyama resists him at the beginning, he gives in at some point and takes him to his band’s rehearsals.
- Movie, 1 (2013)The Garden of WordsCoMix Wave Films Inc.RomanceOriginal Work~46minWhen Takao, a young high school student who dreams of becoming a shoe designer, decides to skip school one day in favor of sketching in a rainy garden, he has no idea how much his life will change when he encounters Yukino. Older but perhaps not as much wiser, she seems adrift in the world. Despite the difference in their ages, they strike up an unusual relationship that unexpectedly continues and evolves, with random meetings in the same garden on each rainy day. But the rainy season is coming to a close, and there are so many things still left unsaid and undone between them. Will there be time left for Takao to put his feelings into actions and words? Between the raindrops, between the calms in the storm, what will blossom?
- TV-Special, 1 (2018)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 3ComedyManga~46min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)BeastarsOrange Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minBeastars, the anime of the manga of the same name by Paru Itagaki, takes us into a world dominated by anthropomorphised animals. Carnivores and herbivores live together in peace thanks to the strictest laws, but such “coexistence” naturally comes with its own set of problems. Again and again innocent herbivores fall victim to violent crimes and the illegal “livestock trafficking” flourishes in the shadows of the big cities. In this world, the respected Cherryton Academy set out to be a role model for coexistence, but here, too, the façade slowly begins to crumble … For the students of the Cherryton Academy, school life is full of dreams, hope and romance—as well as distrust and discomfort … In a school where students are literally divided into “predators” and “prey,” peace is maintained only through the personal relationships between students. But when one day a member of the drama club is murdered and eaten, the very foundations of the school are shaken. A suspect is found quickly: the wolf Legosi. Although he insists on his innocence and asserts that he wouldn’t possibly hurt a fly, he finds himself hardly able to hold back his instincts whenever he is near the dwarf rabbit girl Haru. Is the big, bad wolf in love or does he think of Haru as being “delectable” in a whole different way …?
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)CharlotteP.A. Works Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~24minSpecial abilities occur among a small percentage of boys and girls in puberty. Yū Otosaka uses his power without others knowing, and lives a fairly normal, average school life. Before him suddenly appears a girl, Nao Tomori. Due to his meeting with her, the fate of special power-users will be exposed.
- TV-Series, 51 (2015)Ace of the Diamond: Second SeasonMADHOUSE Inc., Production I.G., Inc.GanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Sound! Euphonium 2Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~26min
- Web, 6 (2019)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: ReawakenedJ.C.STAFF, EGG FIRMComedyManga~22min
- TV-Series, 26 (1998)Initial D: First StageGALLOP Co., Ltd., PastelGanbatteManga~25minTakumi's nights working as the delivery boy for his dad's tofu shop have turned him into one of the most formidable drivers around. Behind the wheel of his modified Eight-Six, he's one with the road - and his life shifts into high gear when the underground street racing world takes notice. Local legend Keisuke, a member of the infamous Red Suns racing team, wants to take Takumi on. He's not alone; drivers from across the region are lining up for a shot at the new guy. One challenger after the next, Takumi schools the competition with his amazing drifting technique and downhill expertise. But it's not enough to simply rack up the victories - Takumi's out to prove he's the best.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Liz and the Blue BirdKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~90min
- TV-Series, 24 (2010)Durarara!!Brain's BaseActionLight Novel~25minMikado Ryuugamine is a boy who wishes for the thrilling city life. At Masaomi Kida's invitation, an old childhood friend, he starts attending a school in Ikebukuro. Masaomi warns Mikado to avoid meeting some of his new schoolmates and people in town: Shizuo Heiwajima – "The strongest man in Ikebukuro", the mysterious Izaya Orihara and many of the street gangs like the Dollars. A sequence of fateful events occurs, thus the normal lives of Mikado and Masaomi are turned upside down...
- TV-Series, 24 (2010)K-On! Season 2Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minFor two full years, Yui, Mio, Ritsu and Tsumugi have worked together to keep Sakuragaoka Girl's High School's struggling Light Music Club alive, and along the way they've begun to build a reputation as real rock musicians... especially since the previous year's addition of underclassman rhythm guitarist Azusa. But as a new school year begins, there are new and scary challenges ahead. With four fifths of the club graduating at the end of the year, replacement members have to be recruited. There are college exams to prepare for, colleges to choose, and friends to prepare to say goodbye to. But no matter what happens, they'll have their faculty adviser and secret former death metal guitar/vocalist Sawako Yamada there to help them in her own unusual way, especially since she's now their homeroom teacher as well! Most of all, they'll have each other. The group of amateur musicians who barely knew each other has become much more than just a band, and by the time this school year is over, they're going to achieve something so amazing it requires multiple exclamation marks!!
- TV-Series, 24 (2015)My Love Story!!MADHOUSE Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~23minGōda Takeo is a first year in high school who’s unlucky in love. All the girls he likes fall for his best friend Suna (your standard bishie), until one day when he saves a girl from a groper on the train.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Classroom of the EliteLercheDramaLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Bloom Into YouTROYCA Inc.Romantic DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (1999)Initial D: Second StagePastelGanbatteManga~23minTakumi's rise to the top the street racing underground is the stuff of legend, but his status as the best is on the line once again. Team Emperor's in town with a singular goal: to crush all opposition. The team's drivers are as aggressive as their cars are advanced, and Akina's Eight-Six might be outclassed. There's a chance that Takumi's skills have surpassed the abilities of his beloved machine, and if he wants to maintain his rep, severe modifications must be made. Unfortunately, mechanical woes aren't his only problem, thanks to some rumors going around about his girl. The distractions are definitely stacking up, and so are the challengers. That means it's time for Takumi to do what he does best - keep his eyes on the road ahead and floor it.
- TV-Series, 120 (2016)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.J.C.STAFF, EGG FIRMComedyManga~5minTo his classmates Saiki Kusuo seems like a normal boy, yet he possesses a multitude of extraordinary abilities, such as telepathy and telekinesis—abilities that do not always obey his will, however. Despite all the obstacles in his path, he tries his hardest to lead a normal life. Annotation: In the Japanese morning programme 5 short episodes were aired each week, which were then compiled into a complete episode once a week and aired during the night programme.
- TV-Series, 22 (2016)March Comes in Like a LionSHAFT Inc.DramaManga~25min
- TV-Series, 14 (2003)Rumbling HeartsStudio Fantasia Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minFour high school friends, named Takayuki Narumi, Mitsuki Hayase, Akane Suzumiya and Shinji Taira must reconsider the meaning of life when one of them, Haruka Suzumiya, is involved in a terrible accident and sent into a coma. The hole left by Haruka's absence is hard to fill, but Haruka's boyfriend and her friend Mitsuki eventually try to move on, embarking on a romance of their own. When three years later Haruka wakes up, everyone tries to pretend that no time has gone by. But no one can deny everything has changed.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Blue Spring RideProduction I.G., Inc.Romantic DramaManga~24minThe girl Yoshioka Futaba wants, with the transition to high school, to end a chapter in her life. She was bullied by some of her classmates because of her attractive outward appearance, therefore, Yoshioka decides to act more grown-up and more mature to avoid such a harassment in future. However, when she attends high school she unexpectedly meets her former crush.
- Movie, 1 (2011)From up on Poppy HillStudio GhibliSlice of Life DramaManga~95minUmi Matsuzaka, the eldest sibling in a close-knit family of five, raises a pair of signal flags everyday at her seaside house in Yokohama Bay without fail in anticipation of the return of her father, who went missing in action during the Korean War. In school, Umi finds herself involved in a student movement seeking to prevent the demolition of an old club house. In the process, she falls in love with the newspaper club member Shun Kazama, only to find out that they might be related by blood.
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Visit!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- Movie, 1 (2016)Doukyusei -Classmates-A-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic DramaManga~60minThe story revolves around two classmates Hikaru Kusakabe and the honor student Rihito Sajou. It all starts out with Hikaru noticing that Rihito is not singing during their music class. He thought that Rihito just doesn’t like to sing, but then he finds him practicing alone in the classroom after school. Without even thinking, Hikaru calls out to him …
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Planning DiscussionKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- Bonus, 1 (2010)K-ON! Live House!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~25minIt's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Ping Pong The AnimationTatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~23minChildhood friends Makoto "Smile" Tsukimoto (ironically, he seldom smiles) and Yukata "Peco" Hoshino are capable and aspiring table tennis players of Katase High School. Coach Jō "Butterfly" Koizumi has high expectation to both of them, but when Peco gets decisively defeated by a Chinese student he becomes so devastated and stops practicing. Meanwhile, Koizumi discovers Smile's potential and tries to motivate him to overcome his psychological obstacle.