- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 12 (?)Grisaia: Phantom TriggerBibury Animation StudiosActionVisual Novel~?min
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave FilmsSentimental DramaOriginal Work~110minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- TV-Series, 43 (1999)GTO: Great Teacher OnizukaPierrot Co., Ltd.DramaManga~26minEikichi Onizuka is the teacher in every parent's nightmares, which may be the reason so many ninth-graders adore him. Built like a brick sushi bar, the 22-year-old Onizuka is a second-degree black belt in karate, a former biker, a foul-mouthed chain-smoker, and a lecher. But he's fanatically devoted to the idea of being a teacher and cares passionately about his students. Onizuka administers a broadly comic mixture of tough love and Clint Eastwood-style vigilante justice, which is just what's needed. Every student at Holy Forest Middle School seems to be a misfit, a thug, a bully, and/or the product of an unhappy home. Onizuka's actions bring him into conflict with parents, rival teachers, the PTA, various watchdog groups, and the sniveling vice-principal, none of whom can stop him.
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Bakuman Season 3J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24minMoritaka Mashiro and Akito Takagi have come a long way since they started making manga in middle school, but trials still await them as they head towards their goal of getting an anime adaptation for one of their manga. As they continue to grow as artists and as people, they will be faced with new friends, new rivals, and new hurdles to overcome.
- TV-Series, 50 (2009)Cross GameSynergySP Co. ,Ltd.GanbatteManga~24min5th grader Koh Kitamura lives next door to the Tsukishima family, owners of a batting cage and the Clover cafe. His girlfriend, Wakaba, is the 2nd Tsukishima daughter; the 3rd daughter, the baseball prodigy Aoba, can't stand him. Wakaba dreams of Koh pitching at legendary Koshien Stadium, site of the national high school championship finals. However, tragedy strikes, and it is up to Koh, with the help of Aoba and his other teammates, to make Wakaba's dream come true,
- TV-Series, 25 (2011)Bakuman Season 2J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24minMashiro and Takagi start working with a new editor, Gorou Miura, as Hattori is assigned to another author. They must adapt quickly to his approach as well as drawing together with assistants since they must perform well on the Shonen Jack polls in order to not be discarded by the publication. Now that their work is being serialized, they must work even harder as they must satisfy an extremely demanding audience while competing with other talented authors.
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Beck: Mongolian Chop SquadMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~25minMusic is life... . Yukio Tanaka was feeling the rut, though he’s only a teenager. Between the sheltered and stifling grind of school and the girls that spend their time not noticing him...Every day was just another day of being a total nobody. Enter Ryuusuke: a local rock n’ roller haunted by a shady reputation. Together they form Beck, a dynamic band that just might be the salvation of the stagnant music scene. Sure, it’s going to take hard work and obsession to make it, but there’s something special in the sound. If the guys can stay true to their vision, the world awaits. Music can change your life, sometimes against your will. Just remember… When it’s live, anything can happen.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Noragami AragotoBONES Inc.ActionManga~24minThe struggling god Yato, his Regalia Yukine, and his devotee Hiyori return in this series of Noragami. The history behind Bishamon's grudge against Yato is revealed, while a brewing plot within her cadre of Regalia surfaces. Yato also has a brush with the god of fortune Ebisu, and he finds himself returning to his dark, destructive past.
- Movie, 1 (2015)Girls und Panzer: Der FilmActas Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work~120min
- Movie, 1 (2006)The Girl Who Leapt Through TimeMADHOUSE Inc.DramaNovel~100minWhat would you do if you could leap backward through time? When 17 year old Makoto Konno gains this ability after an accident in her high school chemistry lab, she immediately sets about improving her grades and preventing personal mishaps. Before long however, she realizes that even innocuous changes can have terrible consequences. Changing the past is not as simple as it seems, and eventually Makoto will have to rely on her new powers to shape the future for herself and her friends.
- TV-Series, 12 (2003)Full Metal Panic? FumoffuKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minIt’s Full Metal Pandemonium! Sousuke and Kaname are back in action! And this time, the battleground is the school ground! High-yield explosives and hilarity come together with a bang, as the somber soldier and his unwitting target brave everything from lovesick "terrorists" to an unforgiving teacher who is bent on revenge. But as good as he is with guns, Sousuke is one clueless commando when it comes to girls – especially Kaname! A day at the beach turns sour after Sousuke misses the point one too many times (and even fails to notice Kaname’s new bikini). Then, when Kaname is suddenly kidnapped, it’s up to our dense hero to devise a daring rescue! Don’t miss the hilarious antics of everyone’s favorite military maniac – and Jin High’s most fiery female – as the full-throttle action begins!
- TV-Series, 26 (2010)Maid Sama!J.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyManga~25minThe former all-boys school Saika High, noted for reckless and badly brought up students, has become a co-educational institution. Nevertheless, the percentage of female students is still quite small. Ayuzawa Misaki, a highly motivated and optimistic girl, decides to make this school a better place for her female schoolmates. Because of the training she received and her position as the student council-president she is often accused – by the male students – to be a cruel dictator who cares only about giving the girls an advantage. Having said that, Misaki has a well-protected secret which is discovered by her classmate Takumi Usui. However, when she visits school the next day, she is surprised to find that Takumi has kept her secret. She wonders what the reason may be...
- TV-Series, 13 (2010)Angel Beats!P.A. Works Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~25minIt sucks being dead. It sucks even more to be trapped in a surreal afterlife where you're caught between the living and the dead - where a mysterious, violent Angel is trying to pull you over to... somewhere. What do you do? Well, if you're this group of rough-and-tumble teens, you grab every weapon you can get your hands on and give Heaven hell!
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Anthem of the Heart: Beautiful Word Beautiful WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaOriginal Work~120minLong ago, the young girl Jun Narase dreamed of one day attending a ball at the glamorous castle on the hill. After once seeing her father driving out of that castle, she returned home to excitedly tell her mother, not realizing she'd just described her father's infidelity. And so her family falls apart, and after her father tells her it was all her fault, she falls into despair until a strange egg tells her she can save herself from further heartbreak, and maybe even find her prince on a hill. All it would take is to forever seal away her dangerous voice. -- Nick Creamer
- TV-Series, 26 (2018)Miraculous Ladybug Season 2Action ComedyOriginal Work~22min
- Movie, 1 (2016)Detective Conan: The Darkest NightmareTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~111minOn a dark night, the Japanese police is raided by a spy and different countries' intelligence agencies' secret files are going to be taken, but public safety officers led by Tooru Amuro arrive just in time. The spy steals a car and escapes but is thwarted by FBI agent Shuichi Akai's rifle bullet and falls of the roadway. The next day, Conan and his friends go to an aquarium in Tokyo and find an attractive woman alone and injured. Her left and right eyes are different colors and she suffers from amnesia. Conan and his friends promise to help her regain her memory, so they stay with her. Throughout all this, Vermouth is watching behind the scenes. Afterwards, she pulls out a silencer and speaks into an attached intercom, "It's as planned, Gin."
- TV-Series, 25 (2010)Bakuman.J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24minTop student Akito is willing to do anything to become a hit writer in the Japanese comics industry, including manipulating his unsure classmate Mashiro into becoming his illustrator. Before long the pair have their backs up against the wall, fighting for a chance to get noticed in the intense world of manga publishing. Annotation: The dual-audio US-Release has been cancelled after the first DVD-Volume (7 episodes). Complete Sets have been released in UK and Australia later, but subtitled only.
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)The Pet Girl of SakurasouJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyLight Novel~24minSakurasou – the dormitory for the "troublemakers". This is where Kanda Sorata lives. One day the young Shiina Mahshiro moves in. He immediately feels attracted to her and charges himself with the duty to protect her from the "real" problem students. But Shiina isn't like any other girl, while being extremely talented and gifted, she is an utter mess and in no state to live by herself. This leads to a very reluctant relationship...
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)Major 2nd SeasonStudio Hibari Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~25minGoro's dream is to become a professional baseball player like his father. As he strives through the path towards the pro league, from infancy to adulthood, his passion for the game galvanizes all of those around him.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Tsukigakireifeel.RomanceOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2002)Full Metal Panic!Gonzo K.K.ActionLight Novel~23minOn the surface, Kaname Chidori appears to be a normal, popular high school student. The problem is, she doesn't realize just how popular she is. Unbeknownst to her, a group of terrorists believe she possesses the special powers of "the Whispered," and they're out to kidnap her. Enter Sousuke Sagara, a young, hotshot agent from the stealthy anti-terrorist organization Mithril. Will he be able to protect Kaname without her finding out what's really going on? Or will he just drive her crazy as he tries to fit in as her awkward, gung-ho, war-crazed classmate?
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Chihayafuru Season 2MADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~23minAfter an exciting year for the Mizusawa High School karuta club, a new semester begins as two new members join the group. More passionate than ever for the old card game, Chihaya sets ambitious goals for herself and for her friends. They compete in two extremely arduous high school championships.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)ef: a tale of memories.SHAFT Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minOn Christmas Eve, Hiro Hirono meets a girl named Miyako Miyamura as she chases a purse snatcher. Hiro later finds out that Miyako also goes to the same school as he does and they start hanging out together. This makes Hiro's childhood friend, Kei Shindō, feel left out, so she tries to compete with Miyako for Hiro's affection, creating a love triangle. Meanwhile, Renji Asō meets a girl named Chihiro Shindō at an abandoned train station. He soon learns that Chihiro suffers from a type of amnesia where her memory lasts for only 13 hours. He also discovers Chihiro's dream of writing a novel, but she has never been able to fulfill that dream due to her condition. Renji then decides to help her fulfill that dream.
- TV-Series, 99 (2012)Space BrothersA-1 Pictures Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24minWhen they were young, the brothers Mutta and Hibito promised each other they would become astronauts. Now, in 2025, Hibito has followed his dream to become the first Japanese on the moon, but Mutta has just been fired from his job. His brother reminds him of their childhood promise, and Mutta decides once again to aim for space.
- OVA, 2 (2011)Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: World's Greatest First Love OVAStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~22minOnodera Ritsu remembers when he first fell in love with his senpai Masamune Saga while Hatori and Yoshino go through some insecurities regarding their relationship.
- TV-Series, 50 (2006)KenIchi: The Mightiest DiscipleTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~25minYeah, Kenichi’s a total wimp. He’s always getting picked on and doesn’t have a lot of friends to stick up for him. The guy needs motivation if he hopes to graduate in one piece. Well, Miu’s the perfect motivation. She’s hot, she accepts him, and she just so happens to live at a dojo with six martial arts masters. You could say fate has led Kenichi to their door, or you could say he was just following the hottie. Either way, he’s about to get whipped into serious shape. If he can survive some hard-core training, he might survive another day at school. He might even score with Miu. Yeah, you could call Kenichi a wimp. But let’s go with underdog instead.
- TV-Series, 12 (2006)Honey and Clover IIJ.C.STAFFRomanceManga~25minThe sequel and final installment to the highly popular series once again delves into the life stories and love lives of Takemoto Yuuta, Mayama Takumi and Morita Shinobu. The story continues where the first season left off, after Takemoto's self-discovery journey around Japan. Of course, the love triangles and tribulations they face will continue, and eventually decide the paths to their future.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)My Teen Romantic Comedy: SNAFU TOO!feel.Romantic ComedyLight Novel~25min
- Bonus, 1 (2008)Clannad: Another World - Tomoyo ArcKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minTomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student resentful of his life. His mother passed away from a car accident when he was younger, causing his father to resort to alcohol and gambling. This results in fights between the two until Tomoya's shoulder is injured in a fight. Since then, Tomoya has had distant relationships with his father, causing him to become a delinquent over time. While on a walk to school, he meets a strange girl named Nagisa Furukawa who is a year older, but is repeating due to illness. Due to this, she is often alone as most of her friends have moved on. The two begin hanging out and slowly, as time goes by, Tomoya finds his life shifting in a new direction.
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Kimi ni Todoke: From Me To You - Season 2Production I.G., Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~25minKuronuma Sawako is completely misunderstood by her classmates. Her timid and sweet demeanor is often mistaken for malicious behavior. This is due to her resemblance to the ghost girl from "The Ring", which has led her peers to give her the nickname Sadako. Longing to make friends and live a normal life, she is naturally drawn to Kazehaya Shouta, the most popular guy in class, whose "100% refreshing" personality earns great admiration from Sawako.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)ef: a tale of melodies.SHAFT Inc.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minShuichi Kuze's been spending time with Mizuki Hayama, and as they've been getting to know each other, they've been growing closer. Sadly, Kuze discovers that he's contracted a fatal illness and decides to break all romantic ties for the little time left to him. Before he can break things off, however, Mizuki tells him that she loves him. Will her declaration change Kuze's mind? In another city, in the not-so-distant past, Yuu Himura meets a girl who seems to know him, but he doesn't know her. Soon enough, he remembers Yuko Amamiya, a girl he met long ago, and begins to rediscover the depth of their feelings for each other. Will Yuko's love reach across time to find her true love once and for all? Kuze and Mizuki, Yu and Yuko... Intertwining fate, tragic, bittersweet and beautiful.
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Ouran High School Host ClubBONES Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24minOuran High School. An institution of extravagance and prestige where learning is secondary to luxury. Bookish Haruhi can't afford to slack, being on a scholarship and out of place among the moneyed. No matter - the Host Club is now open! A group of handsome boys dedicated to selling their charms to their bored female classmates, Haruhi is suddenly in debt to the club after breaking an expensive vase in their lair. The only way to pay for the damage? Haruhi will work as a Host! The only problem? Haruhi is a she! Between the wildly inflated ego of the expert escorts and the potential calamities of constant cross dressing, Haruhi's freshman year looks like it will be one to remember.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Mob Psycho 100BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Special, 1 (2004)Hikaru no Go: Hokuto Hai e no MichiPierrot Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~76minHikaru is given a phone call asking him to appear in the Japan/China/Korea Junior's Tournament but he finds out he will have to take part in a preliminary tournament to choose Japan's three contestants. Upon discussing this with Akira, he discovers that Akira has already been chosen for the tournament and will not be taking place in the preliminaries. Hikaru then decides not to visit Akira's Go Salon until he takes his place on the team with Akira. That may be tougher than originally planned, as not only does Hikaru have to battle with old friends for one of two coveted spots, but he may have a new challenger, in a promising player from the Kansai Go Institute.
- Movie, 6 (2017)Girls und Panzer: SaishuushouAction ComedyOriginal Work~47min
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)From the New WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaNovel~23minIn the future Japan has become a fractured country, and small towns now exist. The rulers of this world have the cursed power of Telekinesis. When an incident occurs, 5 children come to realize the world is not as it seems, and learn the bloody history behind this world. These 5 children unite and help the world as it falls into a downward spiral of chaos.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)NoragamiBONES Inc.ActionManga~24minYato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled "delivery god." Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a "hanyou," a person who can easily lose her soul. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a "sacred treasure" that can be used by a god. The three of them battle "you" who bring harm to humans as Yato's hidden history is gradually revealed.
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)The World God Only Knows: Goddessesmanglobe Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2015)My Love Story!!MADHOUSE Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~23minGōda Takeo is a first year in high school who’s unlucky in love. All the girls he likes fall for his best friend Suna (your standard bishie), until one day when he saves a girl from a groper on the train.
- Movie, 1 (2010)Colorful: The Motion Pictureascension Inc.DramaNovel~126minUpon reaching the train station to death, a dejected soul is informed that he is 'lucky' and will have another chance at life. He is placed in the body of a 14-year-old boy named Makoto Kobayashi, who has just committed suicide. Watched over by a neutral spirit named Purapura, the soul must figure out what his greatest sin and mistake in his former life was before his time limit in Makoto's body runs out. He also has a number of other lesser duties he must complete, such as understanding what led Makoto to commit suicide in the first place and learning how to enjoy his second chance at life.