- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Movie, 3 (2017)Laughing Under the Clouds: GaidenWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~58min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Golden Kamuy 2Geno Studio Inc.AdventureManga~24min
- Movie, 2 (2013)Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (Movies)Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Action DramaVisual Novel~92min
- OVA, 2 (2001)Rurouni Kenshin: ReflectionStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~42minRurouni Kenshin is a wanderer, a lost soul, cursed to seek atonement for his life in the bloody trade of the samurai. During the long war to overthrow the corrupt government, he was known throughout all Japan as the Hitokiri Battousai ("sword-bearing master assassin"). But the end of the war has brought no peace to Kenshin, despite a vow to draw his sword only for the protection of those in need. Now his wife Kaoru steadfastly awaits his return, mourning his absence as well as that of their son, Kenji. Will Kenshin return before she dies of grief? The past meets the present fifteen years after Kenshin first left.
- TV-Series, 12 (2010)House of Five Leavesmanglobe Inc.DramaManga~23minRonin Akitsu Masanosuke is a skilled swordsman, but his personality often causes him to be let go from his job. With desperation closing in, Akitsu accepts an offer to work as a bodyguard for Yaichi, the charismatic leader of a mysterious gang: the Five Leaves. Though the meek swordsman finds the gang's actions disturbing, Akitsu grows more fascinated by the outlaws every day.
- TV-Series, 10 (2010)Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Record of the Jade BloodStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaVisual Novel~23minAfter a resounding defeat and the loss of some comrades Chizuru Yukimura and the Shinsengumi head to Ezo to fight the new government's army. However, all does not go well.
- TV-Series, 94 (1996)Rurouni KenshinStudio DEEN Co., Ltd., GALLOP Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~25minNineteenth century Japan: a land torn by warfare and rebellion, where small bands of soldiers seek to overthrow the tyrannical Tokugawa Shogunate. Enter Kenshin, a young orphan whose fighting skills were honed by the great swordsman Hiko. But Kenshin’s soul is embattled much like the killing fields of Japan, with his hopes for a new world peace at odds with his life of blood and killing.
- OVA, 1 (1993)Oedo wa Nemurenai!MADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~30minVolume 4 of the Margaret Video Series anthology.
- TV-Series, 12 (2010)Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom (TV)Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.ActionVisual Novel~25minDisguised as a man, Chizuru Yukimura has come to Kyoto searching for her missing father, a doctor who developed a magical elixir that increases the drinker's speed, strength, and healing abilities. Instead of her father, however, she stumbles across a battle between the Shinsengumi and the Furies, evil vampire-like creatures of their own making. It turns out the Shinsengumi are also searching for her father, and when they discover who she is, they decide to take her into their custody for safekeeping. But her sex is not the only secret Chizuru has, and as more and more Furies begin appearing in Kyoto and the situation becomes ever deadlier, the Shinsengumi may find that the Furies are the least of their problems!
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Hakuoki: Demon of the Fleeting Blossom - Dawn of the ShinsengumiStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaVisual Novel~23minThe beginning of Hakuouki Series. Foretells the story Ryunosuke Ibuki, a boy who is a son of a samurai, yet hates a samurai. He was pick up by Roshigumi (later Shinsengumi) other leader Kamo Serizawa, when he was robbed and left to die on his way to the Capital (Kyoto). After being rescued, he was forced to become Serizawa's dog, and slowly, the mystery of "Water of Life" is starting to unfold.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Meiji Tokyo RenkaTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.AdventureVisual Novel~24min
- OVA, 1 (1998)Rurouni Kenshin: End of WanderingsStudio DEEN Co., Ltd., GALLOP Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~25min
- OVA, 3 (2007)Embracing Love: A Cicada in WinterVenetRomantic DramaManga~34minIn Japan, the Tokugawa Era represents a period of change in which the country must decide on how best to deal with its relationships with foreign countries. While many believe in isolationism, especially among the Choshu faction, Touma Kusaka's ideals are against his clan's. He secretly attempts to learn English for the purpose of preparing for the future of an open Japan. To this end, he gains an ally for his silent struggle in a man named Keiichiro Akizuki, despite the fact that Akizuki is on the opposing side, the Tokugawa shogunate. During the course of their interaction, their bond deepens into something beyond commonality.
- OVA, 2 (2011)Rurouni Kenshin: New Kyoto ArcStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Adventure~46minAlthough she's only sixteen and looks even younger, Misao Makimachi is already a skilled and competent member of the Oniwabansh? ninja clan. Which is a fortunate thing for Misao, as her onimitsu talents may be all that keeps her alive when a journey in search of the leader of the clan, Aoshi Shinomori, leads her instead into a face-to-face encounter with an even more dangerous man and a plot to overthrow the Meiji government! Quickly enmeshed in the affairs of the legendary assassin Hitokiri Batt?sai, now known as Kenshin Himura wielder of the reverse-blade sword, Misao finds herself pulled into the middle of a deadly intrigue against
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Shura no Toki: Age of ChaosStudio Comet Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~23minAccording to legend, there was a group of warriors known as the Mutsu clan who were a match for any samurai even though they fought without weapons. To keep a young nobleman safe, a passerby with the name of Yakumo Mutsu becomes his bodyguard. The young master soon realizes he has gained the protection of a legendary and invincible weaponless warrior.
- Movie, 1 (1997)Rurouni Kenshin: The MovieGALLOP Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~90minThe war against the Tokugawa Shogunate ended years ago. But there are some who are not happy with the outcome. Shigure Takimi watched his friends and family get slashed down in the name of freedom and prosperity. Now he and a band of desparate rebels have sworn to settle one final score. Only one man stands in their way: Rurouni Kenshin. Will the former assassin take up his sword to fight again? When Shigure discovers Kenshin's true identity and his fight becomes a personal vendetta, the young hero will have no choice.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Laughing Under the CloudsDoga KoboAction DramaManga~23minIn the eleventh year of the Meiji era carrying swords was forbidden by the government and those known as samurai were slowly fading away. However, there were plenty who didn't like those changes taking place in Japan and inevitably the crime rates increased. The country's only solution was an inescapable lake prison. Since the prison had no other way to access it except by water, the three boys of the Kumo family were assigned to transport the criminals to their new "home".
- OVA, 1 (2013)Tonari no Gokudou-kunBrain's BaseRomantic ComedyManga~27minTonari no Gokudou-kun is a special taking place in a parallel universe ‒ old Japan ‒ where the characters take on new roles. Because of their different opinions on opening new schools in Edo, Shizuku and Haru ‒ the leaders of two rivaling squads ‒ repeatedly encounter each other without ever actually having met. They meet for the first time, when Haru helps Shizuku out of an unpleasant situation without them knowing about each other's identity.
- Movie, 2 (2015)Gekijouban Meiji Tokyo RenkaStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.RomanceVisual Novel~60minOn an evening lit by a crimson full moon, an ordinary high school girl named Mei Ayazuki meets a self-proclaimed magician named Charlie at a festival. Through Charlie's magic, she time-travels to the Meiji era in Tokyo, where she meets and falls in love with various great historical figures from that time period.
- TV-Series, 26 (1969)DororoMushi Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~23minHyakkimaru is a young man who lacks 48 body parts because they were taken from him by demons before birth, as payment by his father, Kagemitsu Daigo, to obtain his wish to take over the country. When the baby boy was born he was missing 48 parts of his body, and thus was abandoned—thrown into a river. Hyakkimaru has grown up and now has obtained fake body parts so he can eliminate the 48 demons that were made from his body, and to retrieve his missing parts. Along for the adventure is the boy thief, Dororo, with whom he becomes friends.
- TV-Special, 1 (1997)Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Natsuyasumi Anime SpecialStudio DEEN Co., Ltd., GALLOP Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~47min
- Movie, 1 (2002)Eiga Crayon Shin-chan: Arashi o Yobu Appare! Sengoku DaikassenShin-Ei AnimationComedyManga~95minAfter mysteriously being sent back in time, Shin-chan saves the life of Matabe Ijiri, a samurai who leads the army of a small province in Japan. Welcomed as a guest by Ijiri, Shinnosuke must figure out why he is stuck in 1574.
- TV-Series, 13 (2003)Requiem from the DarknessTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesNovel~22minThe setting is the end of the Edo period amid political strife and human suffering. Young Momosuke, an aspiring author, sets out on a journey to collect 100 stories to make into a book. Right away he meets up with a trio of outlaws: Mataichi the Trickster, Ogin the Puppeteer and Nagamimi the Bird Caller. As they travel, the group encounters the most twisted and horrible parts of human nature. It is the task of this group to punish each person in a manner fitting their crimes - a gruesome undertaking to say the least... Thus, the bells of the requiem are heard throughout the land...
- OVA, 3 (1985)Dream Hunter RemActionOriginal Work~53minAyanokoji Rem is a very unusual young lady. Despite her youthful appearance, she is a private investigator. Due to some usual abilities she can enter into other people's dreams. In the dream state she acts like a guardian angel, defending people from evil powers that lurk inside the spirit realm.
- TV-Series, 25 (2006)Ghost Slayers AyashiBONES Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24minAll things have a name by which they are defined. Amongst the named are the many long-forgotten gods that dwell within the world brought about by the prayers, fears and desires of humanity. In the famine-stricken and riot-plagued city of Edo, alarming events are visited upon the populace by these otherworldly beasts. Descending from the mountaintops or rising from the earth are these old gods, the Youi. For nearly 25 years Yukiatsu Ryudo has wandered the countryside of Japan posing as a bodyguard, living the life of a gambler and thief, all the while denying his name. Through a chance encounter with a Youi and the members of the Office of Barbarian Knowledge Enforcement, Yukiatsu is forced to face the life he's been running from and rediscover his long hidden power of Ayagami, the ability to find true names and use them as a weapon to exorcise these beasts by plaguing the material world.
- TV-Special, 1 (1997)Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Special TechniquesStudio DEEN Co., Ltd., GALLOP Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Samurai Jam: Bakumatsu RockStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.ComedyVideo Game~24minIn the Bakumatsu era, at the end of the shoguns' rule over Japan in the middle of the 19th century: the Tokugawa shogunate uses the brainwashing Heaven's Songs by the top idols in Shinsengumi to subjugate the country and its people. In this Japan, writing or singing any songs besides the Heaven's Songs is a capital offence. Sakamoto Ryouma and the other rockers rise up and change the world with rock 'n' roll for freedom and justice.
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Gun-dou MusashiACC Production Studio, Ltd.AdventureManga~26minThe war over control of a unified Japan, the Sengoku Era, is over and the Toyotomi army has won. Toyotomi has allowed his rival, Tokugawa, to live but since that final battle an evil ayakashi named Yasha reveals to Tokugawa that history says that he should have won the war instead of Toyotomi. Tokugawa agrees to the evil ayakashi power Yasha offers him, and the only person who can stop Tokugawa from ruling Japan and killing Princess Kaguya, who is the link to this alternate present, is Musashi Miyamoto, a young and brash man who follows the way of "Gun-do", which mixes together swordfighting with gunplay.
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Bakumatsu Gijinden RomanTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.ActionOther~24minManjirō Tatsukeya works as a jack of all trades, helping troubled people in town for not much money that he ends up losing on bets. However, at night, he turns into a Japanese-style Robin Hood, the phantom thief Roman. In order to protect the smiles of the people in his town, he continues to fight against injustice with his sister Koharu and friends.
- Movie, 1 (1988)Doraemon: Nobita no Parallel SaiyuukiShin-Ei AnimationAdventureManga~90minNobita is trying to prove that the Monkey King exists so they went back to the time Sanzo began his pilgrimage. Doraemon used a virtual video game console and let Nobita play "Journey to The West" to give Nobita clothes that the Monkey King wears. Nobita messed up on prooving Monkey king exists. When Nobita and his friends played "Journey to The West" and they finished the game without fighting any demons. Later, they found out thier world is ruled by demons. The problem is that Doraemon left the game console open in the past without closing it and demons started to appear to invade the world. Doraemon and the others now have to go back into the past to vanquish the demons.
- TV-Special, 1 (1997)Rurouni Kenshin: Meiji Kenkaku Romantan - Review SpecialGALLOP Co., Ltd., Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~23min
- Movie, 1 (2013)RyoGonzo K.K.Action DramaOriginal Work~26minThe son of a samurai who lost his parents during the attack of English ships on a Japanese town is given the name Ryo and becomes the bodyguard of Ryoma Sakamoto, a man who has his own plan to fight for the country.
- OVA, 4 (1991)Doomed MegalopolisMADHOUSE Inc.HorrorManga~47minThe powerful mystic Kato's obsession with conquering Tokyo awakens the long-dead spirit Masakato, the legendary guardian of Tokyo. Unable to stand alone against Masakato's power, the calculating Kato uses an innocent woman as an unsuspecting pawn in the hope of producing an offspring capable of challenging Tokyo's mystical protector. But Kato never counted on the effect that a team of unlikely heroes would have on his sinister plans. Nor could he anticipate the destruction his spells would cause to millions of innocent citizens.
- Movie, 1 (1968)Dororo Pilot MovieAction DramaManga~14min
- Movie, 1 (1976)DojojiAdventureOther~19min
- Movie, 1 (1988)Fusha no ShaAdventure~25min
- Movie, 1 (1996)Eiga Nintama RantarouAJIADO CO.,LTD.?~45min
- Movie, 1 (2011)Gekijouban Anime Nintama Rantarou Ninjutsu Gakuen Zen’in Shutsudou! no DanAJIADO CO.,LTD.Comedy~80min
- OVA, 3 (2004)Mikagura TanteidanHentaiVisual Novel~30minThe description has been hidden due to your visibility settings for explicit contents.
- OVA, 1 (2004)Hijikata Toshizou: Shiro no KisekiStudio 4°CAdventure~32minA biographical sketch of the life and ideals of Hijikata Toshizou, Vice Commander of the Shinsengumi, fighting to uphold the Shogunate during the Meiji revolution.