- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 10 (2019)Attack on Titan Season 3 (Part 2)WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minShingeki no Kyojin Season 3 (2019) is the second part of the third season of the anime adaptation to Hajime Isayama’s manga of the same name and seamlessly continues its prequel. After Hanji failed to analyse the Titan Serum, Erwin decided to entrust Levi with the serum and risk administering it to someone who really needs it. With their plan to reconquer Wall Maria from the Titans, this could come to pass sooner than the scouts would like. The tensions within the squad rise and the emotions lie fallow … So during dinner on the eve of the operation there are more than a few arguments between the members. But the cheering and encouragement from the inhabitants of Trost District the next morning once again awakens the honour and resolve of the Scout Squad, while Berthold and Reiner stand guard on Wall Maria. What will happen with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, and what about the two corpses that cause a violent conflict between Eren, Mikasa, and Levi …?
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Attack on TitanWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minSeveral hundred years ago, mankind was nearly wiped out by the titans. The aggressive giants are much taller and – physically – stronger than humans, however less intelligent. Furthermore, it seems that they eat humans just for fun. Only few people survived these attacks because they entrenched themselves behind tremendous walls. The city was safe from titans for about 100 years. Nevertheless, the adolescent Eren Yeager and his foster-sister Mikasa Ackerman have to watch how the city walls are destroyed by an incredibly big titan. As a result, many small titans are able to enter the city and wreak havoc. To make matters worse, Eren has to witness the death of his mother who is eaten by a titan. Henceforth, he is hellbent on vengeance..
- Movie, 1 (2009)Evangelion: 2.22 - You Can (Not) AdvanceStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~112minNew Pilots, New Evas, New Angels The landmark anime Evangelion evolves, reaching new heights of intensity in the new feature film: Evangelion 2.22. In this explosive new story, brutal action and primal emotion clash as a group of young pilots maneuver their towering, cyborg Eva Units into combat against a deadly and disturbing enemy. In the battle to prevent the apocalyptic Third Impact, Shinji and Rei were forced to carry humanity's hopes on their shoulders. Now, as the onslaught of the bizarre, monstrous Angels escalates, they find their burden shared by two new Eva pilots, the fiery Asuka and the mysterious Mari. In this thrilling new experience for fans of giant robot destruction, the young pilots fight desperately to save mankind and struggle to save themselves.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Attack on Titan Season 3WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Attack on Titan Season 2WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (1997)Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Production I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~90minHaving prevented the Third Impact and thus saving the planet, NERV unexpectedly finds itself under attack. Conscious of Gendo's betrayal, SEELE launches a massive raid towards Tokyo-3 in order to conclude the Human Instrumentality Project at any cost. NERV must now fight its most fearsome opponent: mankind itself.
- TV-Series, 26 (1995)Neon Genesis EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minNeon Genesis Evangelion is the story of a reluctant young hero, called upon to pilot an immense robotic weapon in battle against alien invaders in the year 2015. As the remnants of the human race cower in subterranean cities, a deadly war is being waged on what is left of the planet. On one side are the mysterious beings known as Angels; on the other, the special agency NERV and mankind’s last hope, the awe-inspiring Evangelions. Annotation: An English-dubbed version was first published as part of a VHS release by ADV Films starting in 1996. After ADV Films’ license expired, streaming service Netflix released a newly dubbed version in 2019.
- Movie, 1 (1984)Nausicaä of the Valley of the WindStudio GhibliAdventureManga~116minA thousand years after a global war, a seaside kingdom known as the Valley Of The Wind remains one of only a few areas still populated. Led by the courageous Princess Nausicaä, the people of the Valley are engaged in a constant struggle with powerful insects called ohmu, who guard a poisonous jungle that is spreading across the Earth. Nausicaä and her brave companions, together with the people of the Valley, strive to restore the bond between humanity and the Earth.
- Movie, 1 (2007)Evangelion: 1.11 - You Are (Not) AloneStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~100minTokyo-3 still stands after most of civilization was decimated in the Second Impact. Now the city endures the ceaseless onslaught of the deadly Angels, bizarre creatures bent on eradicating the human race. To combat this strange and ruthless enemy, the government agency NERV constructs a fleet of towering humanoid machines – the Evas – and Shinji Ikari is called into action, reluctantly taking his place at the controls of Eva Unit 01. Living a life of loneliness and questioning his existence, Shinji struggles to accept responsibility for mankind’s battle for survival in this visually striking rebuild of one of the most important anime of all time. Shinji will fight the Angels alongside the only person who might understand his plight – Rei Ayanami, the elusive and frail pilot of Eva Unit 00. In this film experience not to be missed, Shinji and Rei will struggle to learn a simple truth: when carrying the burden of humanity’s survival on your shoulders, you are not alone.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Patema InvertedStudio Rikka Ltd., Asmik Ace Co., Ltd.AdventureOriginal Work~99minA world, forever beyond your expectations. In a dark, cramped, underground world of endless tunnels and shafts, people wear protective suits and live out their modest hard and yet happy lives. The princess of the underground community, Patema, goes out exploring as always, inspired by her curiosity of the unknown depths of the world. Her favorite spot is the "danger zone", an area forbidden by the "rule" of the community. Despite being frequently chastised by her caretaker Jii, she cannot hold back her curiosity for the reason behind the rule, because no one would tell her what the "danger" was. When she approaches the hidden "secret", the story begins.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Darling in the FranxxTrigger Inc., CloverWorksAction DramaOriginal Work~24minDreaming … dreaming to someday soar free, knowing full well, that the free sky is forever barred to them. In a distant future, after Earth has been devastated and most civilisation ceased to exist, the remaining humans built a moving fortress city called “Plantation” in order to survive and keep some civilisation intact. The children of the “Plantation” live in a pilot training facility best known as the “bird cage.” Not knowing the outside world or the free sky, they are trained for only one purpose: to fight the mysterious enemy that reduced humanity to this miserable state. Learning to pilot what is known as “Franxx” and being trained to fight an enemy they have never even seen, the children believe that only piloting the “Franxx” can prove their existence. Hiro—code number 016—was once hailed a child prodigy, but when he fell behind and wasn’t able to ride a “Franxx,” his existence had lost all meaning. After all … if you can’t pilot a “Franxx,” you might as well not exist at all. One day, however, a mysterious girl called Zero Two appears before him with two lustrous horns rising from her head. A familiar smile flickering across her lips, as she calls out to him: “I found you, my darling.”
- TV-Series, 11 (2009)Tokyo Magnitude 8.0Kinema Citrus Co., Ltd., BONES Inc.DramaOriginal Work~23minThere is an estimated 70% or higher possibility that a magnitude 7.0 earthquake will occur in Tokyo in the next 30 years. In 2012, Mirai, a middle school freshman girl, goes to Tokyo’s artificial Odaiba Island for a robot exhibition with her brother Yuuki at the start of summer vacation. A powerful tremor registering 8.0 on the JMA scale emanates from an ocean trench, the famed Tokyo Tower and Rainbow Bridge crumble and fall, and the landscape of Tokyo changes in seconds. With the help of a motorcycle delivery woman named Mari who they meet on Odaiba, Mirai and Yuuki strive to head back to their Setagaya home in western Tokyo.
- Movie, 1 (2020)Shin Evangelion Gekijouban:||Studio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~?min
- TV-Series, 23 (2006)Ergo Proxymanglobe Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minA domed city, Romd is home to both humans and robots. The two races peacefully live together, both under the control of the government. This doesn't last forever, however, as the surprise attack on a reporter by a mysterious being that is not clearly robot or human sparks an all-out war which may just be the awakening.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Girls’ Last TourWhite FoxAdventureManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Seraph of the End: Vampire Reign – Part 2WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~25minYuichiro has reunited with Mikaela at the Shinjuku Battle, but Mikaela was turned into a vampire. To save the "family," and to protect his fellow members, Yuichiro needed to gain knowledge and power. He searched for ways to bring back vampire to human beings, and at the same time, trained hard working on the Cursed Gear. Meanwhile, Kureto calls Guren and tells him a shocking truth: In one month, the main unit of the vampire will start attacking Tokyo. To get a head start against vampires, Kureto orders Guren to go to Nagoya. The noble extermination mission is about to open fire.
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)AKB0048: Next StageSatelight Inc.GanbatteOther~24minIn the year since the 77th generation understudies joined AKB0048, the Deep Galactic Trade Organization [DGTO] and DES have stepped up their attacks on entertainment. In response, AKB0048 brings back the general elections and the center nova position. The understudies are now thrusted into a new competition directly against the successors. But as AKB0048 brings back policies not seen since Acchan's disappearance, a new more powerful enemy is quietly moving behind the scenes.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)WorldEnd: What do you do at the end of the world? Are you busy? Will you save us?Satelight Inc., Challenge To ChallengeAction DramaLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)KaibaMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minOne day a man, Kaiba, wakes up in a broken room. He has no memories, only a pendant with a picture of an unknown woman. Outside of the room are grotesque floating electrical clouds of disjointed memories. Kaiba is suddenly assaulted, and escapes into space. He travels to various planets, encountering various people and retrieving his memories. Memories of an inconsistent and decaying world, of his own agony and of Niero, the woman in the picture.
- TV-Series, 24 (2008)Casshern SinsMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minCasshern, a cybernetic assassin with no memory of his past, awakens in a corrosive wasteland where nothing survives for long. A plague known as the Ruin sweeps across this once-vibrant world, reducing everything in its path to rubble and scattering any chance for salvation. Robots and humans alike - or what little remains of them - seek vengeance against Casshern for the life he took and the role he played in their Ruin. A machine built to kill, Casshern murdered the last hope for this world, but now, lost in a future he does not recognize, he will fight to save the dying.
- TV-Series, 22 (2011)Guilty CrownProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minShu’s entire world was shattered after a meteorite crashed into Japan, unleashing the lethal Apocalypse Virus. The chaos and anarchy born of the outbreak cost Shu his family and reduced him to a timid, fearful shell of the boy he’d once been. His life took another unexpected turn after a chance encounter with the stunning pop star, Inori. This mysterious beauty introduced Shu to the King’s Right Hand: a genetic mutation that allows him to reach into the hearts of mortals and turn them into weapons. The visceral action of this visual masterpiece escalates as Shu finds himself caught in the crossfire between those who desperately seek his newfound strength. On one site lurks a clandestine government agency – and on the other, Inori and the spirited band of rebels known as Funeral Parlor. The choice is Shu’s to make – and the world is his to change.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Seraph of the End: Vampire ReignWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minAfter an unknown virus wiped out all adults on earth, vampires appeared and ruled over the surviving children, treating them like livestock. Yuichiro Hyakuya survived along with other orphans by giving their blood to vampires, until Yuichiro escaped four years ago. Now he is a member of the Moon Demon Company, a unit in the Japanese army dedicated to hunting down the vampires he blames for the death of his family. Source: ANN
- Movie, 1 (2018)Attack on Titan: Roar of AwakeningWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~120min
- Movie, 1 (1988)AkiraTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.ActionManga~121minIn 1988, the landmark Anime film AKIRA, by director Katsuhiro Otomo, defined the cutting edge of Anime around the world. By today's standards, Akira remains the pinnacle of cel animation and retains the explosive impact of its highly detailed animation and its intensely violent saga of power and corruption. Neo-Tokyo has risen from the ashes of World War III to become a dark and dangerous megalopolis infested with gangs and terrorists. The government seethes with corruption and only maintains a token control over the powerful military that prevents total chaos and hides the secrets of the past. Childhood friends Tetsuo and Kaneda plunge into Neo-Tokyo's darkest secret when their motorcycle gang encounters a military operation to retrieve an escaped experimental subject. Tetsuo, captured by the military, is subjected to experiments that make him a powerful psychic, but, unfortunately for Neo-Tokyo, Tetsuo's powers rage out of control and he lashes out at the world that has oppressed him! Nothing can stop the destructive forces that Tetsuo wields except possibly the last boy to destroy Tokyo.
- Music Video, 5 (2011)Owari no Hoshi no Love SongSentimental DramaOriginal Work~5min
- TV-Series, 26 (1998)TrigunMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~25minVash The Stampede is a wanted man with a habit of turning entire towns into rubble. The price on his head is a fortune, and his path of destruction reaches across the arid wastelands of a desert planet. Unfortunately, most encounters with the spiky-haired gunslinger don't end well for the bounty hunters who catch up with him; someone almost always gets hurt - and it's never Vash. Oddly enough, for such an infamous fugitive, there's no proof that he's ever taken a life. In fact, he's a pacifist with a doughnut obsession who's more doofus than desperado. There's a whole lot more to him than his reputation lets on - Vash the Stampede definitely ain't your typical outlaw.
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)Gargantia on the Verdurous PlanetProduction I.G., Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24minWhile fighting an intense inter-galactic war, a mecha pilot was accidentally warped into a space-time neither he nor the computer of his mecha could recognize. After waking up from a long-time hibernation, he found himself trapped on a planet, with human residents talking in an unknown form of language, using inferior technologies, and - most shocking to him - naturally breathable air..
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)Black BulletKinema Citrus Co., Ltd., Orange Co., Ltd.ActionLight Novel~24minIn the year 2021, mankind was defeated by Gastrea, a parasitical virus, and is forced to live within a wall made of Varanium Monoliths, a metal that is able to subdue Gastrea. Soon, the "Cursed Children", children born with the Gastrea virus who are able to control it—which gives them superhuman abilities—were discovered. Due to the Gastrea virus' intervention, the Cursed Children could only be female. Civil Securities are formed to specialize in fighting against Gastrea, operating with the pair of an Initiator, who are cursed children, and a Promoter, serving to lead the cursed children. Ten years after the war, Rentarō Satomi, a high school student who is also a Promoter in his childhood friend Kisara Tendō's Tendō Civil Security, along with his Initator Enju Aihara, receives a secret mission to prevent the Tokyo Area's destruction.
- TV-Series, 13 (1999)Now and Then, Here and ThereAnime International Co., Inc.DramaOriginal Work~25minDragged through a time warp by a strange machine, Shu is thrust into a hellish future as it explodes into war! Surrounded by fierce warriors enslaved innocents, and enigmatic wanderers, Shu faces the ultimate challenge of survival in a world gone mad!
- OVA, 3 (2017)Shingeki no Kyojin: Lost GirlsWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~25min
- Web, 5 (2016)PlanetarianDavid Production Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~19min
- Movie, 1 (2012)Evangelion: 3.33 - You Can (Not) RedoStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~95minShinji Ikari just woke up in his Eva unit fourteen years after starting the Third Impact. He hasn’t aged, but everything else has changed. The earth is in ruins. Rei is missing. The people he once protected treat him like a prisoner and threaten to kill him if he pilots another Eva. When he escapes to the remains of NERV headquarters, Shinji meets pianist Kaworu, who is destined to be Shinji’s copilot in a new dual-cockpit Eva. As the boys bond, NERV’s true mission begins to come into focus. Lost in a labyrinth of deception, Shinji careens toward a mental breakdown that could bring about the end of humanity.
- Movie, 1 (2005)Final Fantasy VII: Advent ChildrenVisual WorksAction DramaVideo Game~101minIn the wake of the climactic events played out in Square Enix's Playstation video game world of Final Fantasy VII, the ruins of Midgar stand as a testament to the sacrifices made in order to bring peace. However, as a mysterious illness rapidly spreads and old enemies astir, the solitary hero Cloud must once again step out of his self-imposed seclusion and stand against the dark forces converging on his world!
- OVA, 3 (2013)Attack on Titan Special EditionWIT STUDIO, Inc.ActionManga~23minLevi, currently living in the Underground as a criminal boss with his two close cohorts Isabel and Farlan, is given a choice: either be turned over to the Military Police and be tried for his crimes, or join the Survey Corps. After joining the Survey Corps with an ulterior motive, the three realize there might be something on the surface worth more than they expected. Something worth sacrificing their lives for.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Planetarian (Movie)David Production Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~117min
- Movie, 1 (2019)Human LostPolygon PicturesAction DramaNovel~109minTokyo 2036: The health administration organization S.H.E.L.L.’s nanotechnology enables mankind not only a life of 120 years freed from disease and even the resurrection of the recently deceased, but also total surveillance of all those who use this technology. However, a resistance against the “dehumanization” that goes along with these developments is growing and Yozo Oba joins a motorcycle gang from the poor suburbs that is trying to make a break for the centre of rich Tokyo. The plan, alas, fails due to heavy military intervention: under the influence of a drug designed to counter S.H.E.L.L.’s nanotechnology, the leader turns into a "Lost", a dreadful monster. Yozo himself transforms as well, but he is the first one ever to succeed in turning back into a human. Deceived by the creator of the drugs, Masao Horiki, he switches sides and turns against Masao and his goals together with Yoshiko Hiragi. This is the beginning of a journey full of horrific revelations and fatal encounters—a journey that will change him forever …
- TV-Special, 1 (2009)Tokyo Magnitude 8.0 Digest VersionKinema Citrus Co., Ltd., BONES Inc.Drama~51min
- Movie, 1 (2001)Vampire Hunter D: BloodlustMADHOUSE Inc.ActionLight Novel~102minContinuing his quest to rid the world of the Nobility, the Vampire Hunter D, a dhampir (half human, half vampire), is summoned by the Elbourne family to rescue their daughter Charlotte from the captivity of Meier Link. The race against time not only involves saving the girl, but also the additional hiring of the Markus Brothers; a volatile and infamous group of Hunters known for their tendency to rid themselves of the competition by any means neccessary. To make matters more complicated, when Charlotte is found she is more than reluctant to leave the side of her new love...
- TV-Series, 13 (2009)Asura Cryin’ 2Seven Arcs Ltd.ActionLight Novel~25minFollowing the precedent Asura cryin' Tomoharu has now the dilema of making a contract with an 'Akuma' since he might lost his dear friend Takatsuki if not, but doing so will compromise his own existence as the one from his ghost friend Misao since this will make them an "Asura cryin' ". The biggest threat to humankind according to the school presidents. And the decision will be even harder since they now recover some of their past memories, memories of a 1st world they didn't know that existed.
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)AKB0048Satelight Inc.GanbatteOther~24minAt the start of the 21st century, an interplanetary war broke out. Earth's ecosystem was damaged, and humanity was forced to flee the planet. In this new society, things that "disturb the heart" like music and art are forbidden. 48 years later, a legendary idol group is resurrected as AKB0048. Labeled as terrorists, they must take up arms to defend their careers and their fans.