- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 50 (2002)Mobile Suit Gundam SEEDSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe war between the Coordinators' ZAFT forces and the Naturals of the Earth Alliance has raged on for 11 months now. Kira is a young coordinator who sought refuge on a neutral colony belonging to the peaceful country of Orb. Kira's life is calm until one day he becomes caught up in an attack on his colony by ZAFT. The Coordinator forces plan to steal prototype Mobile Suits (giant robots designed for combat) built for the Alliance’s military. Unfortunately, when Kira inadvertently pilots the Strike Gundam into battle for the Alliance he is reunited with his childhood friend, Athrun... leader of ZAFT's assault team!Following their reunion, Kira and Athrun will slowly be dragged deeper and deeper into the chaos of the surrounding war.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Mobile Suit Gundam 00 Second SeasonSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe year is 2312 A.D.; four years after the United Nation Forces destroyed Celestial Being. Thanks to the actions of the now-missing Gundam Meisters, most of the worlds nations have been unified under the Earth Sphere Federation. But this world is still full of conflicts, and an autonomous peacekeeping force known as the A-LAWS employs brutal tactics such as the use of murderous automatons in order to suppress all resistance to the Federation government. It is time for the Gundam Meisters to make their second advent, and their new objective is to crush this formidable force of global oppression. Setsuna reappears with his battered Gundam and joins forces with Tieria, who has been working with the remnants if Celestial Being to create a new series of Gundams using their precious solar reactors. As they try to recruit a new member and rescue an old comrade, a revolutionary new machine known as the 00 Gundam is about to awaken.
- OVA, 110 (1988)Legend of the Galactic HeroesT.P.O., Inc., Kitty Film Mitaka StudioAction DramaNovel~25minFor decades, the Galactic Empire has been locked in an interstellar war with the Free Planets Alliance, a conflict that involves thousands of spaceships and millions of soldiers on both sides. Two new commanders enter the conflict with great hopes: Imperial Admiral Reinhard von Lohengramm and the FPA's Yang Wen-Li. As they deal with superiors and subordinates, maneuver through complicated political arrangements, plot strategies, and win battles, each will be tested, and ultimately, changed, by the reality of war.
- OVA, 28 (1999)Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden (2)K-Factory Inc.DramaNovel~26minThese short stories fill in the background of Yang Wenli prior to the Overture to a New War movie, and continue with the background of Reinhard and Kircheis where Gaiden 1 left off. In these stories, Yang becomes the Hero of El Facile and is given a research investigation of some delicacy, Reinhard's first assignment to a ship at Iserlohn, Reinhard deals with a formal duel among the politics of the nobles, Reinhard's secret mission into Free Planet territory, and the Third Tiamat Battle, wherein Reinhard earns the rank of General at the age of 19.
- TV-Series, 26 (1998)Cowboy BebopSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25minSpike Spiegel, a bounty Hunter with a dark past, lives on bounty to bounty, barely making it each time, or not making it at all. His partners Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Ed and Ein the dog all help him in his adventures from planet to planet.
- TV-Series, 25 (2007)Mobile Suit Gundam 00SUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe year is 2307 A.D. Earth's fossil fuels have been depleted, but humanity has obtained a new source of energy to replace them, in the form of a large-scale solar power generation system based on three huge orbital elevators. These orbital elevators belong to three superpower blocs who continue to play a grand zero-sum game for the sake of their own prestige and prosperity. Thus, in the 24th Century, humanity has yet to come together as one. In this world of never-ending conflict, a private armed organization appears, dedicated to the elimination of war through armed force. Its name is Celestial Being, and it is in possession of 'Gundam' mobile suits. With these Gundams, it begins armed intervention into all acts of war.
- OVA, 26 (2012)Star Blazers 2199XEBECAdventureOther~25minThe year is 2199. The human race has been crushed in their war with the Gamilos, driven into underground cities by the invader's assault. Scientists estimate they have only a year left. The young officers Susumu Kodai and Daisuke Shima receive a mysterious capsule from a ship that made an emergency landing on Mars and return with it to Earth. It contains humanity's last hope: the planet Iscandar on the other side of the Magellan Galaxy has the technology to defeat the Gamilos and restore the planet. The space battleship Yamato is entrusted with this task, but they have only one year before humanity ends.
- OVA, 24 (1998)Legend of the Galactic Heroes Gaiden (1)K-Factory Inc.DramaNovel~26minThese short stories fill in the first part of the background of Reinhard von Lohengramm and Siegfried Kircheis before the start of the main Legend of the Galactic Heroes series. In these stories, they journey to a planet of ice and are betrayed by their commanding officer, they investigate a possible murder at their alma mater, Kircheis takes a vacation and gets involved in a plot against an admiral, and finally the major 12-part story of Reinhard at Iserlohn, a battle fortress that protects the Galactic Empire from the Free Planets.
- TV-Series, 25 (2007)Macross FrontierSatelight Inc.ActionOriginal Work~26minMacross Frontier marks the 25th anniversary of the Macross anime franchise. It is a direct sequel to the first Macross series and Macross 7 and follows the lives of Alto Saotome, Ranka Lee and a pop idol named Sheryl Nome on board the Macross Frontier colonization fleet. After the war against the Zentradi aliens, Humankind has spread across the universe in order to ensure its survival. The Macross Frontier fleet is part of a effort to spread and maintain the culture of humanity.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Astra Lost in SpaceLercheActionManga~28minKanata no Astra, the anime adaptation of Kenta Shinohara’s manga of the same name, focuses on a group of nine students. However, these nine are not normal pupils of Earth, but live in the year 2061 and attend the Caird High School. Space travel has become commercially available and affordable, so the Caird High School students don’t set out on a simple school trip on their own home planet, instead they travel to another one. While all other groups arrive safely and can set up camp, group B5, shortly after their arrival, makes contact with a mysterious sphere of light that almost appears to be sentient. This sphere transports the nine students of group B5 right into space and leaves them stranded 5012 light years away from their home planet … There they find an old, abandoned spaceship and now it is up to them to make the best of their situation. To get back home on the Astra, they all need to stay strong, manage their limited resources well, and above all else, show team spirit!
- TV-Series, 99 (2012)Space BrothersA-1 Pictures Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24minWhen they were young, the brothers Mutta and Hibito promised each other they would become astronauts. Now, in 2025, Hibito has followed his dream to become the first Japanese on the moon, but Mutta has just been fired from his job. His brother reminds him of their childhood promise, and Mutta decides once again to aim for space.
- TV-Series, 10 (2001)Banner of the Stars IISUNRISE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~25minImperial Calendar Year 956. Operation Phantom Flame has come to an end and has been hailed as a complete success. Now, the Imperial forces have embarked on a new plan, codenamed Operation Hunter. Their task: to hunt down and destroy any remaining enemy forces. With Lafiel's new title as Territorial Ambassador, life has been rather boring... until now. When they arrive at the recently-captured planet of Lobnas, Jinto and Lafiel realize that Lobnas was once a prison planet, and now that the Abh have taken control, it has now become their problem.
- OVA, 12 (2019)Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue These SecondProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaNovel~25minGinga Eiyuu Densetsu: Die Neue These - Seiran seamlessly continues the story of the two galactic adversaries Yang Wenli and Reinhard von Lohengramm after the end of the first season. After Fleet Admiral Yang took Iserlohn Fortress, the Alliance of Free Planets began its expansion campaign in order to “liberate” the star systems oppressed by the Empire. However, Reinhard’s cunning response to the Alliance’s expedition left the planets without food or basic supplies for their inhabitants. While the fleet has their hands full with dealing with the riots of the population, they can hardly do more than wait for the supply convoy from their homeland. Yet, they have already fallen for Reinhard’s trap and find themselves in the middle of his counterattack—Siegfried Kircheis has tracked down the convoy, swiftly destroyed it, and is now approaching the Alliance fleet from their backs. Surrounded by Reinhard and his loyal comrades-in-arms on one side and Siegfried on the other, it is once again up to Admiral Yang and his tactical genius to manoeuvre his own fleet and that of his allies out of Reinhard’s trap. While the government of the Alliance faces difficulties after the failed expansion campaign, a storm is also brewing in the Empire. No sooner did Emperor Friedrich IV unexpectedly pass away, than a civil war erupts among the noble families and potential heirs to the throne, as no official successor had been appointed. A power struggle which threatens the internal and external security of the Empire … Annotation: The anime was first shown as three feature films for a period of three weeks per film in selected Japanese theatres. At the same time, a limited DVD and Blu-ray version—again divided into episodes—was already available in Japanese movie theatres before the actual release.
- TV-Series, 25 (2015)Mobile Suit Gundam: Iron-Blooded OrphansSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25min300 years after a great conflict between Earth and Mars known as the "Calamity War," a woman named Kudelia sets out on a journey to Earth to speak for the independence of the Martian city of Chryse, which is under the control of the Earth government. Escorting her is the private security company CGS members Mikazuki Augus and Orga Itsuka. When a group named Gjallarhorn attacks CGS and Cordelia, Orga sees this as a chance to rebel against CGS and launch a coup. Mikazuki and Orga are thrust into a new conflict. To fend off Gjallarhorn, Mikazuki rides an old mobile suit from the Calamity War, powered by a nuclear reactor, the Gundam Barbatos.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Die Neue TheseProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaNovel~25min
- OVA, 6 (2015)Mobile Suit Gundam: The OriginSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaManga~63minUniversal Century 0068, Side 3 – The Autonomous Republic of Munzo. Zeon Zum Deikun attempts to declare complete independence of Munzo from the Earth Federation Government. Deikun however suddenly falls to his death in the middle of his speech at parliament. Casval and Artesia, just bereaved of their father, must face destinies which will be just as tumultuous as the very era itself.
- Movie, 1 (2014)Uchuu Senkan Yamato 2199: Hoshi-Meguru HakobuneXEBECAdventure~112minA new super weapon has emerged and Gamilas ships vanish from the seas. In the meantime, the Yamato has left the Large Magellanic Cloud and is on its way back to the Milky Way Galaxy. During the voyage, the crew is hit by a gatlantean warrior fleet under command of Goran Dagam, who claims the "Yamatee" as his prey. After Susumu Kodai in command refuses to give up the ship, the Yamato makes a run and accidentally ends up inside a strange world that defies logic and the law of physics. An expedition team is sent to the surface and makes a truly mind-boggling experience that they cannot escape. Next to that the team doesn't seem to be alone after they encounter their old foes. Time runs out and the Gamilas and Terrons walk a thin line in a world that's not their own, having the Gatlanteans sitting in their necks.
- TV-Series, 26 (1999)Infinite RyviusSUNRISE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minIt is 2225 AD. An act of sabotage has sent a space station plummeting towards a dense plasma phenomena known as the Sea of Geduld. With only hours to spare before the collapse of the entire station, a group of teens training on-board the ship will seek safety aboard the Ryvius, an interstellar spacecraft hidden deep inside the station. With the adult crew and instructors killed, these young astronauts must rely on their training, courage, and, most importantly, each other to prepare for the journey home.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet NinePolygon PicturesAdventureManga~24minAfter the events of season one, the authority of Sidonia plans on turning the tables and strike at the enemy's heart. Ace Pilot Nagate Tanikaze and company again must put their lives in the line protecting Sidonia, but now in company of an unexpected ally; a sentient Garde-Gauna hybrid.
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)Aria the OriginationHAL FILM MAKER Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minAs winter melts into spring, Akari, Aika and Alice continue to work hard to become Neo-Venezia s top gondoliers. Aika starts to take on more responsibility around Himeya; Alice travels up the challenging canal near Hope Hill; even Akari spends a day working on a huge gondola called a traghetto! But there's still so much to learn... and the final test to become a Prima, which once seemed so far off in the future, might not be so far off anymore.
- TV-Series, 13 (2000)Banner of the StarsSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~25minBanner of the Stars continues the space saga from Crest of the Stars as depicted in the best-selling novel by Hiroyuki Morioka. The war between the Abh Empire and the Mankind continues to rage across the galaxy! Caught within the intergalactic struggle is a lone human, Jinto, and the Abh Princess, Lafiel. Together, will their efforts be enough to bring about peace?
- OVA, 2 (2005)Banner of the Stars IIISUNRISE Inc.AdventureLight Novel~37minJinto and Lafiel were traveling on the light-armed transport ship Bokbrusue to the Hyde System (which returned to imperial rule after the Union retreated), in order for Jinto (now an earl) to take over the government. However, the government of Martin, Jinto's motherland, resisted obstinately against imperial rule. On the other side, the First Devastation Fleet—formed with a new ship type, the "Attack Vessel"—traveled to the Hyde System for drilling practice…
- TV-Series, 26 (2003)PlanetesSUNRISE Inc.DramaManga~25minThe year is 2075 AD. The dream of working and living in the vast openness of space is now a reality. However, a new threat has arisen and if left unchecked can prove fatal: Space Debris. An undetectable screw struck and disabled a passenger space flight causing disaster and death to the ones on board. A space debris collection agency is formed but it's a money losing venture for the corporations. Follow the men and women of the "Half-Section" and witness the harrowing experience that is involved with such dangers.
- TV-Series, 13 (1999)Crest of the StarsSUNRISE Inc.AdventureLight Novel~25minJinto Lin is a young nobleman, whose world was taken over by the largest empire in the galaxy: the Abh Empire. Jinto's father, the president of his home planet, handed their world over to the Abh in exchange for a standing in the Abh Empire. As a result, Jinto became a member of the aristocracy and was shipped off for an Abh education. On his way, he meets a princess of the Abh Empire, Lafiel, whom he quickly befriends despite her cold exterior. But the Abh empire is plunged into war…
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)AKB0048: Next StageSatelight Inc.GanbatteOther~24minIn the year since the 77th generation understudies joined AKB0048, the Deep Galactic Trade Organization [DGTO] and DES have stepped up their attacks on entertainment. In response, AKB0048 brings back the general elections and the center nova position. The understudies are now thrusted into a new competition directly against the successors. But as AKB0048 brings back policies not seen since Acchan's disappearance, a new more powerful enemy is quietly moving behind the scenes.
- OVA, 6 (2004)Gunbuster 2Gainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~29minDecades after the birth of the Gunbuster legend? Acclaimed studio GAINAX returns with an epic sequel!! A young girl named Nono has left her home behind, to come alone to the big city. She has a grand dream of becoming a space pilot. But reality is harsh, and she spends every day instead at the diner near the spaceport where she lives and works. Then one day, while being harassed by one of the regular customers, a real-life "Topless" pilot named Lal'C comes to her aid. Nono, who is deeply impressed, starts on her own accord to call Lal'C "On?ama," and volunteers herself by saying, "I want to become a space pilot like you!"
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Aldnoah.ZeroA-1 Pictures Inc., TROYCA Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minIn 1972, the Apollo 17 mission discovered a hypergate to Mars on the surface of the moon. Soon a war breaks out between Earth and Mars, and Martian soldiers begin to descend from the sky, riding steel giants, intent on exterminating humanity.
- Movie, 1 (1988)Legend of the Galactic Heroes: My Conquest is the Sea of StarsKitty Film Co., Ltd.DramaNovel~59minThis movie, based on an anecdote of "Ginga Eiyuu Densetsu" written by novelist Tanaka[family-name] Yoshiki [given-name], preludes the 110-episodes TV series by describing the first encounter between the ambitious young man Reinhard von Museal under the imperial flag and the passive Yang Wengli who serves a corrupting democracy. Set in an imaginative future, the story describes the first encounter between Yang and Reinhard and discusses how heroes are born.
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)Toward the Terra...Tokyo Kids Co.,Ltd., Minami Machi Bugyousho Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minEarth, no longer able to sustain life due to the rapid development of human civilization, was abandoned. Leaving Terra behind, mankind set out in search of new planetary systems to inhabit. With this cause in mind a new unified government was formed and dubbed the Superior Domination. Now spread across the cosmos, humanity lives in peace, their lives dictated by Superior Domination s computers. Jomy, a young man fast approaching his fourteenth birthday, stands at the brink of his adult life. On the day of his adulthood exam, his mind races with the remnants of dreams that haunt him in the dead of sleep. Mu, a word unheard amongst the denizens of the human systems, plays upon his lips. Abilities previously unknown soon manifest within, and Jomy s race towards adulthood becomes frenzied fleeing from the powers that be and toward the Terra.
- Movie, 1 (2011)Gekijouban Macross F: Sayonara no TsubasaSatelight Inc.ActionOther~114minPicking up from where the previous movie left off, Ranka's star career flourishes while Sheryl's health rapidly deteriorates after collapsing during a live performance. At the same time, separate factions are maneuvering behind the scenes seeking to control the Vajra horde by utilizing the singing abilities of the two songstresses. As the entire Macross Frontier fleet begins to wage the final war on the Vajra, Alto finally makes a choice between Ranka and Sheryl.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Knights Of SidoniaPolygon PicturesActionManga~24minIt's been a thousand years since the Gauna, a strange alien race with no known method of communication, destroyed the solar system. A portion of humanity managed to escape using enormous "seed ships" like the Sidonia, which have allowed them to maintain the population while drifting through space. Nagate Tanikaze is a young man who has been raised deep in the bowels of the ship. When he goes into training to pilot the huge robotic weapons known as Gardes, Nagate is entrusted with piloting the legendary unit known as Tsugumori. Nagate and his fellow pilots put their lives on the line against the Gauna, in the ultimate battle for the survival of humanity.
- OVA, 3 (2015)Aria the AvvenireYumeta Co., Ltd.?Manga~22min
- Movie, 1 (2009)Gekijouban Macross F: Itsuwari no UtahimeSatelight Inc., 8bitActionOther~120minThe galaxy songstress Sheryl Nome, Ranka Lee, Alto Saotome & friends are traveling space along with the New Macross class ship -Macross Frontier- that contains 10 million citizens in search for new planets in which humankind can develop and progress. The perils of space are vast as itself, the threat from the alien insect-like race Vajra will push all Macross Frontier fleet to an edge, is this the ultimate humankind enemy, or is there something even worse in space. Music & songs will prove one of the most valuable human assets in the space even more powerful than combat VF mechas, as it can reach not only humans but the space and beyond.
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Valvrave the Liberator Second SeasonSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25minHaruto and his comrades continue to fight against the forces of Dorssia. However, many things remain unanswered in the midst of battle, including the past of L-Elf and his fellow soldier's past, the destiny of the mysterious girl Liselotte, and the feelings of Haruto, Shōko, and Saki. The relationships and loyalty of each and every member of each army will be tested as the clash of ideals and power reaches its climax.
- Movie, 1 (1993)Legend of the Galactic Heroes: Overture to a New WarKitty Film Co., Ltd.DramaNovel~90minThis is a retelling of the first 2 episodes of the Legend of Galactic Heroes OAV series. It gives additional details of the background of Yang Wenli and his first encounter with Reinhard's fleets of the Galactic Empire.
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)Gargantia on the Verdurous PlanetProduction I.G., Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24minWhile fighting an intense inter-galactic war, a mecha pilot was accidentally warped into a space-time neither he nor the computer of his mecha could recognize. After waking up from a long-time hibernation, he found himself trapped on a planet, with human residents talking in an unknown form of language, using inferior technologies, and - most shocking to him - naturally breathable air..
- Movie, 1 (2014)Space Brothers #0A-1 Pictures Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~90min
- OVA, 26 (2017)Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2202XEBECAdventureOther~25min
- Movie, 1 (2013)Harlock: Space PirateToei Animation Co., Ltd.ActionManga~115minEarth is forbidden ground. None may return as other planets prove to be difficult to inhabit. However, Captain Harlock and his ship of pirates fight for freedom from those who seek to keep Earth all for themselves.
- TV-Series, 13 (2019)Mobile Suit Gundam: The Origin - Advent of the Red CometSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaManga~25minKidou Senshi Gundam: The Origin (2019) is a 13-episode summary of the six “Kidou Senshi Gundam: The Origin” films. The anime’s plot focuses on the actual antagonist of the “Kidou Senshi Gundam” series—Char Aznable—and his childhood as well as his time as a young adult. Char Aznable is a Zeon pilot ace and is also known by the nickname “The Red Comet”. It was he who attacked the research station in the 7th Colony on behalf of Zeon in order to prevent the Federation from building new Mobile Suits and met the young electrician Amuro Ray there …