- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Web, 13 (2017)Crayon Shin-chan Gaiden: O-o-o no Shinnosuke?Manga~7min
- TV-Series, 37 (2006)Death NoteMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~23minLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal...or his life? Light tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know?
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave FilmsSentimental DramaOriginal Work~107minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)My Hero Academia Season 3BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 25 (2017)My Hero Academia Season 2BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24min
- OVA, 4 (2015)Kamisama Hajimemashita: Kako-henTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~30min
- Movie, 1 (2016)Big Fish & BegoniaDramaOriginal Work~100min
- Movie, 1 (2012)Wolf ChildrenChizu, Inc.DramaOriginal Work~117minHana was a student before she was a mother. She was bright and pretty, and her future held endless possibilities. Then she met a man, who turned out to be a wolf, and together they built a family. Hana loved her mate fiercely, but fate took him from her, leaving her alone with two unusual kids she didn’t know how to raise. Frightened of being discovered, Hana and her wolf children fled to the countryside to build a new life. Raising her little wild things was an adventure. It left Hana bruised, scratched, exhausted, and joyously overwhelmed as her pups grew stronger and wandered further every day. This is a mother’s journey. Teach your children to chase their dreams – and smile through the tears as they disappear into the world in search of who they will become. Hana wasn’t always a mother, but it was always what she was meant to be.
- TV-Special, 1 (2017)Mahou Tsukai no Yome Special DigestWIT STUDIO, Inc.RomanceManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2017)Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal ScaleA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~119min
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)KanonKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minYuichi hasn’t seen his cousin Nayuki in years. Now that he’s back, all knowledge of ever visiting has vanished. He tries to adjust to the vaguely familiar surroundings, but the gaps in his memory haunt him as time grows short. The pieces of the puzzle have appeared – an eerily silent beauty with blazing tresses, the mysterious girl with the winged backpack, and the sword-wielding demon slayer – but it’s up to Yuichi to discover how they fit together.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Season 2ufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minThe Holy Grail war continues to rage on without a dejected Shiro Emiya, who has lost his means to participate and his ability to heal. Meanwhile, Rin Tohsaka has dissolved their partnership and, along with Archer, continues to battle the growing power of Caster who has stolen Saber from Shiro. However, Caster is not the only player in this dangerous game Rin must worry about. Shiro finds himself unable to just sit this one out with all that is at stake, even if it's suicidal for him to continue.
- TV-Series, 11 (2017)Natsume Yujin-cho 6Shuka Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Boy and The BeastChizu, Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~118minThere is the the human realm and the bakemono realm ("Jūtengai"). In these two worlds which must not intersect, there lives a lonely boy in Tokyo's Shibuya ward and a lonely bakemono. One day, the boy gets lost in the bakemono world, becomes the disciple of the bakemono Kumatetsu, and is renamed Kyūta.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Fate/Stay Night: Unlimited Blade Works - Season 1ufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minTen years ago, the magus Kiritsugu Emiya saved one lone survivor of a great disaster. As he cried in happiness, he proclaimed that by saving him, he had saved himself. The boy swore then that he would become a hero who lived to save others. Five years after the death of his foster father, Shirō Emiya finds himself drawn into a battle to the death between seven magi called Masters, where each commands the spirit of a hero of legend called a Servant in pursuit of having one wish granted by the legendary Holy Grail. In this battle, Shirō will finally have the chance to face the ghosts of his past, and to find his path to face his dreams and his future. Through the power of the Holy Grail, his wish will finally come true, for a hero of justice must have an evil to defeat.
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Natsume's Book of Friends 4Brain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~24minTakashi Natsume continues to return the names of the spirits that have been written in the "Book of Friends" he inherited from his grandmother, Reiko Natsume. While Natsume is still aided by the chubby Nyanko-sensei, he's now helped by some of the friends he had made in his journey; be it human beings or spirits. As he becomes closer to both, Natsume faces the inevitable question of the sides he has to take especially when there is a conflict between the two.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Noragami AragotoBONES Inc.ActionManga~24minThe struggling god Yato, his Regalia Yukine, and his devotee Hiyori return in this series of Noragami. The history behind Bishamon's grudge against Yato is revealed, while a brewing plot within her cadre of Regalia surfaces. Yato also has a brush with the god of fortune Ebisu, and he finds himself returning to his dark, destructive past.
- TV-Series, 26 (2013)Monogatari Series: Second SeasonSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24minTsubasa and Hitagi discover that Koyomi has gone missing and has urged them in a text message not to look for him. However, in his absence, new dangerous apparitions begin to appear and target Tsubasa, and Nadeko who are left to try and deal with them on their own. Meanwhile, Koyomi Shinobu, and Mayoi are dealing with serious problems of their own.
- Movie, 1 (2011)Hotarubi no Mori eBrain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~45minAs a child, Hotaru lost herself in a forest near her uncle's place that she visits every summer. There, she had a fateful encounter with a spirit, who helped her even though he would disappear if a human being touches him. She began to visit him every summer, even as she grows; while he waits for the summer to come, for their time together to flow again.
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter experiencing a bizarre dream, Madoka Kaname, a kind 14-year-old girl, encounters a magical creature named Kyube. Madoka and her friend Sayaka Miki are offered the opportunity of gaining magical powers if they agree to make a contract with the strange little being. He will also grant them one wish, but in exchange they shall risk their lives by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Invisible to human eyes, witches are catalysts of despair in the areas they inhabit. An ally of Kyube, a magical girl named Mami Tomoe, befriends and encourages the two girls to accept the contract. For an unknown reason, another magical girl named Homura Akemi is determined to prevent Madoka from accepting the deal.
- TV-Series, 11 (2016)Natsume Yujin-cho 5Shuka Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)My Hero AcademiaBONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minMankind has developed superpowers known as "Quirks" with 80% of the population having some kind of superpower. These new abilities see the rise of both superheroes and villains. A prestigious school known as the The Hero Academy trains superpowered hopefuls into the heroes the world needs. Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he's part the 20% without a Quirk. Unwilling to give up his dream, he plans to take the exam and be accepted into a high school for budding heroes. Through a series of serendipitous events, he catches the eye of the greatest hero, All Might, who agrees to train him. (from manga)
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 2: EternalSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~110minMadoka learns from Kyubey, whose real identity is Incubator, that his species makes contracts to make girls into magical girls that inevitably become witches in order to use the energy that spawns from their despair to counter entropy in the universe. Kyouko, hoping for a chance that Sayaka can be made human again, takes Madoka with her to try and reach her humanity. This ultimately fails, with Kyouko choosing to sacrifice herself to destroy Sayaka with her. Meanwhile, it is revealed that Homura comes from another timeline, having relived the same month several times in the hope of saving Madoka from a grim fate at the hands of the ultimate witch, Walpurgisnacht. Homura attempts to face Walpurgisnacht, but is ultimately defeated and draws close to despair, feeling her efforts have become pointless. Just then, Madoka appears and uses the built up energy from several timelines to become a powerful magical girl capable of eliminating witches before they are born.
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)Sword Art OnlineA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~24minEscape was impossible until it was cleared; a game over would mean an actual «death». Without knowing the «truth» of the mysterious next generation MMO, «Sword Art Online» (SAO), approximately ten thousand users logged in together, opening the curtains to this cruel death battle. Participating alone in SAO, protagonist Kirito had promptly accepted the «truth» of this MMO. And in the game world, a gigantic floating castle named «Aincrad», he distinguished himself as a solo player. Aiming to clear the game by reaching the highest floor, Kirito riskily continued alone. Because of a pushy invitation from a female warrior and rapier expert, Asuna, he teamed up with her. That encounter brought about an opportunity to call out to the fated Kirito.
- TV-Series, 13 (2011)Natsume's Book of Friends 3Brain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~24minTakashi Natsume sees spirits, and with the help of his lazy and sake-guzzling bodyguard Nyanko-sensei he returns to spirits their names that were stolen by his grandmother Reiko Natsume. Not all of the spirits are peaceful though, and he often fights to keep himself and his family and friends safe while at the same time fighting the loneliness that plagued him before he found his home.
- TV-Series, 24 (2017)The Ancient Magus' BrideWIT STUDIO, Inc.RomanceManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2009)Natsume's Book of Friends 2Brain's BaseGhost StoriesManga~24minNatsume is again meeting new youkai and helping them. A lot of friends join him along the way, he meets others who can also see the spirits and at times they join forces to solve the latest mystery. As always, Nyanko-sensei is there to help Natsume on his quests.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 3 - RebellionSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~116minMadoka Kaname used to be a normal girl living happy days of her life. This all ended when she sacrificed herself in order to save other magical girls from the utterly cruel fate that awaited them. Unable to let her memories of Madoka die, Homura Akemi continues to fight alone in the world that Madoka left behind for humanity in order to see her smile once more.
- TV-Series, 43 (1989)Juushin LigerSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25min
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 1: BeginningsSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~130minIn the city of Mitakihara, a girl named Madoka Kaname, along with her friend, Sayaka Miki, encounter a creature named Kyubey and are saved from witches by a magical girl named Mami Tomoe. Kyubey offers Madoka and Sayaka the chance to have any one wish granted in exchange for becoming a magical girl and fighting witches, whilst Homura Akemi, another magical girl who recently transferred into Madoka's class, is strongly against Madoka becoming one. Before Madoka can make a decision, however, Mami is killed by a witch, leaving Madoka too afraid to become a magical girl. Sayaka, however, decides to become a magical girl herself in order to heal the hand of her childhood friend, Kyosuke Kamijou. As Sayaka soon comes into conflict with another magical girl named Kyouko Sakura, they, along with Madoka, learn the shocking truth that their soul gems, the source of their magical powers, literally contain their souls.
- TV-Series, 14 (2006)The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minI thought that when I entered high school, my days of believing in aliens, time travelers and ESPers were going to be over. That is until she introduced herself. Claiming to be interested in only aliens, time travelers, and ESPers, Haruhi Suzumiya was the strangest girl I've met in a long time. Before I knew what's going on, I've been dragged into her weird club, and it looks like I'm not the only one who has been drafted into this SOS-Brigade of hers, because there are three other students who don't seem to be so ordinary themselves. Either way we ve all found ourselves caught up in Haruhi's quest to search for all things extraordinary. And what's this I hear about us making a movie?
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Kamisama Kiss 2TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~25minNanami continues being a 'Land God/Earth Deity' and as well being in love with her familiar, Tomoe. Still with Onikiri, Kotetsu and Tomoe, she is living with her new familiar Mizuki and Mamoru, a monkey shikigami. Her 'being a god' thing continues as she was given a test by Otohiko, a wind god, to determine her capability to attend the Divine Assembly in Izumo.
- TV-Special, 4 (2012)Kokoro Connect OVAsSILVER LINK.RomanceLight Novel~27minKokoro Connect revolves around the daily, not so normal lives of Taichi, Iori, Himeko, Yoshifumi and Yui and their encounters in the Cultural Research Club. Up until recently they thought that they and their friends lived normal happy lives, but now the Heartseed is pulling their lives apart and exposing their inner secrets through body switching, urges and age regression.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha The Movie 2nd A'sSeven Arcs Ltd.Action DramaOther~150minSix months have passed since the events of the previous movie. Fate Testarossa has returned to Uminari City with Lindy Harlaown as her legal guardian and is living the life of a normal elementary schoolgirl along with Nanoha Takamachi and her friends. The reunion between the two new-found friends are cut short however, when they are assaulted by four ancient magic users who identified themselves as the "Wolkenritter". As the motives behind the actions of the Wolkenritter become clear, Nanoha and Fate find themselves in a race against time to stop the reactivation of a highly dangerous artifact known as "The Book of Darkness".
- OVA, 1 (2016)Kamisama Hajimemashita: Kamisama, Kekkon Zen'yaTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~13min
- TV-Special, 1 (2014)Fate/stay night: Unlimited Blade Works - Prologueufotable, Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~51min
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)xxxHOLiC: KeiProduction I.G., Inc.Ghost StoriesManga~24minStill working to get his wish complete, Watanuki finds himself into more mess than he can handle when certain facts about his everyday life gets revealed and when he needs to learn the lesson of Yuuko the hard way.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)GateA-1 Pictures Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minA gate appears in Tokyo's Ginza district sometime in the 21st century. From the gate pours out monsters, knights from middle-age Europe, and other fantasy-like beings, and they kill many of the citizens of Tokyo. This event is known as the Ginza Incident. The government sends a small group of soldiers from the Japanese Self-Defense Forces to the alternate world beyond the gate. Led by otaku soldier Yōji, they find that the villages in the world are being attacked by a dragon. An elf girl who is a survivor from the dragon's rampage joins the group in their travels across the dangerous new world.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)NoragamiBONES Inc.ActionManga~24minYato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled "delivery god." Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a "hanyou," a person who can easily lose her soul. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a "sacred treasure" that can be used by a god. The three of them battle "you" who bring harm to humans as Yato's hidden history is gradually revealed.
- OVA, 1 (2014)Natsume Yuujinchou: Itsuka Yuki no Hi niBrain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~23min