- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 25 (2019)Phantasy Star Online 2: Episode OracleGonzo K.K.ActionVideo Game~?minPhantasy Star Online 2: Episode Oracle adapts the first three out of five episodes of the video game of the same name as an anime and focuses on the colony fleet Oracle as it searches for a new habitable planet. While the members of the organisation ARKS go on to explore the planet Naberius, they not only meet a girl who has lost most of her memories, but also have to face dangerous creatures: Darkers. As they further explore the planet, they discover both the truth about it and the reason for the Darkers’ increased activity as of late. Their own organization, ARKS, also seems to be keeping far more secrets than the young people initially assumed. On the planet Harukotan, the long-lasting peace between the Shironian and Kuronites came to an end when the Kuronites suddenly attacked. ARKS will now have to step in again and investigate the reasons behind the attack. Caught between the fronts, the members of ARKS soon come to realize that the truth behind the war is far more complicated and cruel than they anticipated … Annotation: Apart from the first three episodes of the game, original material was also produced for the anime.
- Movie, 3 (2019)Psycho-Pass: Sinners of the SystemProduction I.G., Inc.CrimeOriginal Work~63min
- Movie, 1 (1997)Princess MononokeStudio GhibliAdventureOriginal Work~133minYoung Ashitaka receives a fatal infection after a demonic wild boar attacks his northern village. Seeking a cure, he sets out to locate the deer-like god Shishigami. Along the way, he sees the rape of the Earth by a mining village. The constant plundering by the village has brought the wrath of the Wolf God, Moro, who attacks the village along with San, a human who was raised by the wolf god. She communicates with the nature spirits.
- TV-Series, 12 (2006)Black Lagoon: The Second BarrageMADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~24minA recent string of murders is the talk of the town. Not that murder is anything unusual, but the twin killers are targeting Hotel Moscow! The delicate balance of power held by the mafia leaders crumbles as the sickening slaughter escalates into a full-blown war of attrition. No quarter is given and none asked for as Balalaika and her soldiers are forced to recall a time when their deadliest enemies were children named Hansel and Gretel.
- TV-Series, 13 (2004)Elfen LiedArms Corporation, Studio Guts Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~25minLucy, a beautiful young mutant, is bred by the government to be the ultimate weapon. Armed with unfathomable powers, she escapes her handlers, but loses her memory in the process. Fortunately, our young waif is taken in by two well-meaning students. Now, with government killers on her trail, the disposition of a five year old, and a hair trigger for ultraviolence, Lucy and her young friends must unravel the dark secret of her legacy before it’s too late.
- TV-Series, 74 (2004)MonsterMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerManga~24minDr. Kenzo Tenma is a neurosurgeon who lives in the City of Dusseldorf. He is one of the very best neurosurgeons in Germany because of his social and medical skills. He loves people and always makes the best of every operation. Nevertheless, he feels ill at ease because of the decisions of the superiors: He has to give important and rich people preference to increase the reputation of the hospital. This is incompatible with Tenma's own opinion on equality. Over the course of the story, Tenma has to treat several patients and he is forced to prefer the people who are more important and influential. Later, he notices what he did, when he is ordered to operate a politician instead of a small boy who suffers from enormous blood loss – as a result of a head shot – . Tenma decides to ignore the order and continue operating on this small boy named Johann. However, soon it becomes clear to Tenma that Johann is not just a "normal" boy.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Code Geass: Lelouch of the ResurrectionSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~113min
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter experiencing a bizarre dream, Madoka Kaname, a kind 14-year-old girl, encounters a magical creature named Kyube. Madoka and her friend Sayaka Miki are offered the opportunity of gaining magical powers if they agree to make a contract with the strange little being. He will also grant them one wish, but in exchange they shall risk their lives by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Invisible to human eyes, witches are catalysts of despair in the areas they inhabit. An ally of Kyube, a magical girl named Mami Tomoe, befriends and encourages the two girls to accept the contract. For an unknown reason, another magical girl named Homura Akemi is determined to prevent Madoka from accepting the deal.
- TV-Series, 12 (2006)Black LagoonMADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~24minRokuro Okajima is meek, mundane and metropolitan. His business trip to South East Asia turns from pleasure cruise to festival of pain when modern day pirates board the ship and take him hostage. Revy, Dutch and Benny are merciless, maniacal and mean. Together, they make up the crew of the Black Lagoon. Making a living in a city where the most villainous of villains make themselves at home isn't without its risks, but they take on any job available to them. Smuggling guns, drugs, kidnapped children and stolen goods is all part of a hard days work.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 2: EternalSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~110minMadoka learns from Kyubey, whose real identity is Incubator, that his species makes contracts to make girls into magical girls that inevitably become witches in order to use the energy that spawns from their despair to counter entropy in the universe. Kyouko, hoping for a chance that Sayaka can be made human again, takes Madoka with her to try and reach her humanity. This ultimately fails, with Kyouko choosing to sacrifice herself to destroy Sayaka with her. Meanwhile, it is revealed that Homura comes from another timeline, having relived the same month several times in the hope of saving Madoka from a grim fate at the hands of the ultimate witch, Walpurgisnacht. Homura attempts to face Walpurgisnacht, but is ultimately defeated and draws close to despair, feeling her efforts have become pointless. Just then, Madoka appears and uses the built up energy from several timelines to become a powerful magical girl capable of eliminating witches before they are born.
- TV-Series, 12 (2003)Full Metal Panic? FumoffuKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minIt’s Full Metal Pandemonium! Sousuke and Kaname are back in action! And this time, the battleground is the school ground! High-yield explosives and hilarity come together with a bang, as the somber soldier and his unwitting target brave everything from lovesick "terrorists" to an unforgiving teacher who is bent on revenge. But as good as he is with guns, Sousuke is one clueless commando when it comes to girls – especially Kaname! A day at the beach turns sour after Sousuke misses the point one too many times (and even fails to notice Kaname’s new bikini). Then, when Kaname is suddenly kidnapped, it’s up to our dense hero to devise a daring rescue! Don’t miss the hilarious antics of everyone’s favorite military maniac – and Jin High’s most fiery female – as the full-throttle action begins!
- TV-Series, 22 (2012)Psycho-PassProduction I.G., Inc.CrimeOriginal Work~23minThe Sibyl System was meant to grind all criminal activity to a permanent halt, but something’s gone horribly wrong. A deranged genius known as Makishima has mastered the art of justifying his own heinous deeds, leaving the Dominator powerless to stop his reign of terror. At the first sign of the system cracking, thugs take to the streets, terrorizing the innocent while wearing special helmets that prevent their cruel intentions from being detected. With their futuristic weaponry powerless to stop the bloody rampage, Inspector Akane and her Enforcer, Kogami, must take an old-fashioned approach to the law. While Akane infiltrates the Sibyl System to discover how far the corruption has spread, Kogami doggedly tracks Makishima, setting the stage for a violent and shocking final showdown!
- Movie, 1 (1995)Ghost in the ShellProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~79minIn the year 2029, the barriers of our world have been broken down by the net and by cybernetics, but this brings new vulnerability to humans in the form of brain-hacking. When a highly-wanted hacker known as "The Puppetmaster" begins involving them in politics, Section 9, a group of cybernetically enhanced cops, are called in to investigate and stop the Puppetmaster. The pursuit will call into question what makes a human and what is the Puppetmaster in a world where the distinction between human and machine is increasingly blurry.
- TV-Series, 13 (2010)Angel Beats!P.A. Works Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~25minIt sucks being dead. It sucks even more to be trapped in a surreal afterlife where you're caught between the living and the dead - where a mysterious, violent Angel is trying to pull you over to... somewhere. What do you do? Well, if you're this group of rough-and-tumble teens, you grab every weapon you can get your hands on and give Heaven hell!
- TV-Series, 13 (2007)Baccano!Brain's BaseActionLight Novel~25minDon't let nobody tell you there's no future in a life of crime, because some rackets can last forever. But we'll get around to all that immortality jazz later. A mafia turf war is raging on the mean streets of the Big Apple, a place where regular joes bounce between backdoor booze joints and the breadline. But this caper ain't about a simple gangland brawl. It's about hoods who can't seem to die proper after catching a bullet or five between the eyes. Sadistic hit-men and the dames they love, mad bombers going boom, monsters going bump and soul sucking alchemists bootlegging an elixir of eternal life. Just remember, Baccano! ain't about beginnings and ends. It's about the twists and turns, bub. Paths don't cross in this story - They collide. Every Dick and Jane plays the lead and it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 3 - RebellionSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~116minMadoka Kaname used to be a normal girl living happy days of her life. This all ended when she sacrificed herself in order to save other magical girls from the utterly cruel fate that awaited them. Unable to let her memories of Madoka die, Homura Akemi continues to fight alone in the world that Madoka left behind for humanity in order to see her smile once more.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 1: BeginningsSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~130minIn the city of Mitakihara, a girl named Madoka Kaname, along with her friend, Sayaka Miki, encounter a creature named Kyubey and are saved from witches by a magical girl named Mami Tomoe. Kyubey offers Madoka and Sayaka the chance to have any one wish granted in exchange for becoming a magical girl and fighting witches, whilst Homura Akemi, another magical girl who recently transferred into Madoka's class, is strongly against Madoka becoming one. Before Madoka can make a decision, however, Mami is killed by a witch, leaving Madoka too afraid to become a magical girl. Sayaka, however, decides to become a magical girl herself in order to heal the hand of her childhood friend, Kyosuke Kamijou. As Sayaka soon comes into conflict with another magical girl named Kyouko Sakura, they, along with Madoka, learn the shocking truth that their soul gems, the source of their magical powers, literally contain their souls.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Saga of Tanya the Evil: The MovieNUTActionLight Novel~101min
- TV-Series, 26 (2011)Future DiaryasreadThrillerManga~24minYukiteru Amano (Yuki) is a loner who never really interact with people and prefers writing a diary on his cell phone with his only companion being an imaginary friend named Deus Ex Machina, the God of Time and Space. However, Yuki soon learns that Deus is not a figment of his imagination but real when Deus makes him a participant in a battle royale with eleven others. Within this "Diary Game", the contestants are given special diaries that can predict the future with each diary having unique features that gives them both advantages and disadvantages.
- OVA, 5 (2010)Black Lagoon: Roberta's Blood TrailMADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~34minThe cutthroat crew of Black Lagoon faces their stiffest challenge yet when a Venezuelan assassination sparks a killing spree that spans the globe. Roberta was a reformed assassin until a clandestine clash between politically backed acronyms claimed the life of her master. In the flash of a muzzle she goes form maid to murderer on a pill-popping, crimson stained quest for vengeance. When Revy and the gang are hired to stop Roberta’s killing spree, they quickly find themselves in the middle of an international shootout starring everyone from the KGB to the CIA. The bullets are flying, the bodies are piling up in the street, and Roberta’s painting the town red – with blood.
- TV-Series, 26 (1998)Cowboy BebopSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25minSpike Spiegel, a bounty Hunter with a dark past, lives on bounty to bounty, barely making it each time, or not making it at all. His partners Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Ed and Ein the dog all help him in his adventures from planet to planet.
- TV-Series, 51 (2008)Soul EaterBONES Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minMaka is a Meister and Soul is her weapon. Literally. Every freak she drops and every soul he sucks down strengthens their bond. And when the Grim Reaper sends them into battle against the supernatural forces of evil, you know like, witches and werewolves and zombies? Yeah, they re a freakin lethal team. Owning the ghouls that lurk in the shadows is what they re all about, and fighting alongside their Meister/Weapon friends, Maka and Soul are totally the last line of defense against evil.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)GateA-1 Pictures Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minA gate appears in Tokyo's Ginza district sometime in the 21st century. From the gate pours out monsters, knights from middle-age Europe, and other fantasy-like beings, and they kill many of the citizens of Tokyo. This event is known as the Ginza Incident. The government sends a small group of soldiers from the Japanese Self-Defense Forces to the alternate world beyond the gate. Led by otaku soldier Yōji, they find that the villages in the world are being attacked by a dragon. An elf girl who is a survivor from the dragon's rampage joins the group in their travels across the dangerous new world.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Saga of Tanya the EvilNUTActionLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Akame ga Kill!White FoxAction DramaManga~24minTatsumi is a young warrior from a small village in the empire. However, his village suffers from poverty, therefore he decides to go to the capital to join the army and support his home financially. When he arrives, he realizes that the capital is a lot less magnificent than he thought it would be. Shortly after his arrival and many complications, he meets the wealthy girl Aria who offers him a job as her bodyguard and informs him about the corrupt condition of the empire. In the middle of the night, Aria's family is kidnapped by assassins of Night Raid. From now on, Tatsumi decides to face the evil of the empire.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Gate (Season 2)A-1 Pictures Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minThe Japanese Special Defense Force continues it's ventures with peace talks with the nations beyond the gate , through the use of hostages from the first attack. Although disaster strikes again, and Itami Youji's squad is in the middle of it all once again.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Golden Kamuy 2Geno Studio Inc.AdventureManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2001)Cowboy Bebop: The MovieBONES Inc.ActionOriginal Work~110minMars. Days before Halloween 2071. Villains blow up a tanker truck on Highway One releasing a deadly virus that kills hundreds. Fearing a bigger even more devastating biochemical attack an astronomical reward is offered for the arrest and capture of the person behind the destruction. On the space ship "Bebop" Spike Spiegel and his crew of bounty hunters (Jet Black Faye Valentine Ed and Ein) are bored and short of cash. But with the news of the reward everything changes.
- Movie, 1 (2010)Meitantei Conan: Tenkuu no Lost ShipTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeOriginal Work~102minThe latest Suzuki corp. challenge to Kaitou Kid turns deadly as the dirigible meant to be the stage to trap Kid becomes a floating fortress as mercenaries from a terrorist group hijacks the ship with everyone still on board. Even worse is that this group has possession of a recently stolen bioweapon and appears to be planning to use it against the population of an entire city by releasing it in the sky as the dirigible passes by. Conan, Kaitou Kid, and Hattori must uncover enough of their nefarious plot before time runs out and find out if there is something far more sinister to their plot than just what they allowed the world to know about.
- Movie, 1 (2015)Psycho-Pass: The MovieProduction I.G., Inc.Crime~113min
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Psycho-Pass 2Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.CrimeOriginal Work~23minHaving learned the true nature of the Sybilla System, Akane Tsunemori chose to obey the system, believing in both humanity and the legal order. She's part of a new police section and spends her everyday life facing down criminals. Unbeknownst to Akane, however, a monster who will shake the system to its core is about to appear before her.
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Jormungand: Perfect OrderWhite FoxActionManga~24minKoko Hekmatyar, is a arms dealer that travels the world selling weapons along with her elite guard, in order to bring about a peaceful world she will have to juggle the CIA and other organizations so that she can execute her plan that will end all wars in the world, and so she puts her plan into action.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Banana FishMAPPA Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~23min
- Movie, 1 (2016)Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XVVisual WorksActionVideo Game~116min
- TV-Series, 25 (2011)Blue ExorcistA-1 Pictures Inc.ActionManga~25minRin Okumura and his twin brother Yukio have been raised by Shiro Fujimoto, an eminent priest, so it comes as a shock when Rin discovers their biological father is actually Satan! As the border between "Assiah" (the human world) and "Gehenna" (the demon world) is crossed by evil, Rin vows to become the ultimate exorcist and defeat his own father. To hone his raw skills, Rin enters True Cross Academy to train with other exorcist candidates.
- TV-Series, 26 (2009)Phantom: Requiem for the PhantomBee Train Productions Inc.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minA young man with no memories fights to salvage his humanity when he's forced into a life of murder by a dangerous crime syndicate called Inferno. The organization gives him a new name, Zwei, and molds him into a perfect killing machine, a meticulous instrument of death created to obey his masters' every deadly command. Zwei's not the only puppet controlled by Inferno; Ein is a girl as beautiful as she is brutal, and as lethal as she is lost. While mafia violence escalates around them, the two assassins grow closer, and Zwei begins the struggle to reclaim his past and save Ein from a blood-soaked future.
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)Blast of TempestBONES Inc.AdventureManga~24minYoshino Takigawa and Mahiro Fuwa are two teenagers who start a quest to help a stranded magician at the same time strange phenomenons are occurring throughout Japan. Despite being a young girl, Hakaze Kusaribe is an extremely powerful sorcerer who has been isolated from the rest of the world by the rest of her clan due to her conncetion to a godlike entity called the Tree of Genesis. Her brother plots to awaken the Tree of Exodus during her exile to try to reshape the world without her interference. In exchange for the help of Yoshino and Mahiro, Hakaze will help find the culprit behind the murder of Fuwa's sister.
- Movie, 1 (2014)Lupin the Third: Jigen's GravestoneTelecom Animation Film Co., Ltd.Adventure~51minLupin & Jigen have their sights set on a treasure worth stealing called the Little Comet which is located in the country of East Doroa. The country has fortified its border after a singer named Queen Malta got assassinated in the neighboring country of West Doroa upon visit. Despite the two countries being enemies, Lupin & Jigen still plan to steal the treasure. During the heist, Jigen almost got killed by a skilled sniper named Yael Okuzaki. His specialty is preparing tombstones for his targets before executing his kills. Its said that no one has survived after Yael makes a grave for that target.
- Movie, 1 (2017)Fate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya: Oath under the SnowSILVER LINK.Action DramaManga~90minFate/kaleid liner Prisma Illya: Oath under the Snow adapts the flashback chapter from Hiroshi Hiroyama’s “Fate/kaleid liner Prisma☆Illya 3rei!!” manga, which tells the story of how everything began for Miyu, of her world and of the Ainsworth Clan. This time, however, the focus of the story is not on Illya, but on Shirou Emiya, whom we accompany during his early childhood on his travels and missions with Kiritsugu. In Miyu’s world the Fourth Holy Grail War ended in a catastrophe and Kiritsugu couldn’t make his plan to save humanity from suffering and torment come true, but he hasn’t given up yet. One day, when he is on the road with Shirou again, the two once more witness a similar catastrophe, but this time there is a dazzling light that stops the dark power that is about to destroy the small town. Upon closer inspection, they find a young girl abandoned in a collapsing building: Miyu Sakatsuki. To Kiritsugu it is clear that Miyu is the key to his life’s work and so he takes her in only to use her power. Shirou, however, finds himself developing completely different feelings—he begins to see Miyu as his little sister, who needs to be protected! But when even after Kiritsugu’s death Miyu is still in danger and the Ainsworth Clan wants to exploit her power, it’s time for the big brother to go to war to save Miyu and grant her a happy life—no matter the cost …! Annotation: Even though the film tells the background story to the whole series, logically it succeeds the end of the anime’s third season. Since the film addresses some more or less unexpected plot points from the previous seasons, it is recommended to watch it only after the end of the anime’s third season in order to avoid possible spoilers.
- Movie, 1 (2004)Ghost in the Shell 2: InnocenceProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~99minThe heavily cyborged police officer Batou, newly partnered with the mostly-human Togusa after the diappearance of Major Motoko Kusanagi, is assigned to investigate a series of murders committed by prototype "sexaroids"—female androids created for sex.