- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Evangelion: 2.22 - You Can (Not) AdvanceStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~108minNew Pilots, New Evas, New Angels The landmark anime Evangelion evolves, reaching new heights of intensity in the new feature film: Evangelion 2.22. In this explosive new story, brutal action and primal emotion clash as a group of young pilots maneuver their towering, cyborg Eva Units into combat against a deadly and disturbing enemy. In the battle to prevent the apocalyptic Third Impact, Shinji and Rei were forced to carry humanity's hopes on their shoulders. Now, as the onslaught of the bizarre, monstrous Angels escalates, they find their burden shared by two new Eva pilots, the fiery Asuka and the mysterious Mari. In this thrilling new experience for fans of giant robot destruction, the young pilots fight desperately to save mankind and struggle to save themselves.
- TV-Series, 27 (2007)Gurren LagannGainax Co., Ltd.Action ComedyOriginal Work~25minIn his sky-less cavern of a village Simon toils daily, drilling holes to expand his stifling little world until one day he makes an extraordinary discovery: a small glowing drill-bit and the man-sized mech it activates. Before he can give it a second thought Simon s dragged into a plot to break through to the surface by the local gang leader Kamina, only to have the ceiling come crashing down on top of them under the weight of a giant monster! It somehow falls onto the boisterous Kamina and cowardly Simon to defend their village but once they defeat the monster what awaits the duo on the surface world?
- Movie, 1 (2009)Gurren Lagann The Movie: The Lights in the Sky are StarsGainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~130min"When the heavens are pierced open, the young man sees a path to the future..." Valiantly persevering through the traumatic aftermath of previous events, Team Dai-Gurren finally reaches Teppelin, the royal capital, where Simon battles the Spiral King, Lordgenome. Seven years pass after the battle of Teppelin, and humans reclaim the surface of the earth and enjoy an unprecedented period of peace and prosperity. However, humanity's increasing population growth triggers the sudden emergence of an unknown, powerful enemy.
- Movie, 1 (1997)Neon Genesis Evangelion: The End of EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Production I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~90minHaving prevented the Third Impact and thus saving the planet, NERV unexpectedly finds itself under attack. Conscious of Gendo's betrayal, SEELE launches a massive raid towards Tokyo-3 in order to conclude the Human Instrumentality Project at any cost. NERV must now fight its most fearsome opponent: mankind itself.
- TV-Series, 26 (1995)Neon Genesis EvangelionGainax Co., Ltd., Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minNeon Genesis Evangelion is the story of a reluctant young hero, called upon to pilot an immense robotic weapon in battle against alien invaders in the year 2015. As the remnants of the human race cower in subterranean cities, a deadly war is being waged on what is left of the planet. On one side are the mysterious beings known as Angels; on the other, the special agency NERV and mankind’s last hope, the awe-inspiring Evangelions. Annotation: An English-dubbed version was first published as part of a VHS release by ADV Films starting in 1996. After ADV Films’ license expired, streaming service Netflix released a newly dubbed version in 2019.
- Movie, 1 (2007)Evangelion: 1.11 - You Are (Not) AloneStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~98minTokyo-3 still stands after most of civilization was decimated in the Second Impact. Now the city endures the ceaseless onslaught of the deadly Angels, bizarre creatures bent on eradicating the human race. To combat this strange and ruthless enemy, the government agency NERV constructs a fleet of towering humanoid machines – the Evas – and Shinji Ikari is called into action, reluctantly taking his place at the controls of Eva Unit 01. Living a life of loneliness and questioning his existence, Shinji struggles to accept responsibility for mankind’s battle for survival in this visually striking rebuild of one of the most important anime of all time. Shinji will fight the Angels alongside the only person who might understand his plight – Rei Ayanami, the elusive and frail pilot of Eva Unit 00. In this film experience not to be missed, Shinji and Rei will struggle to learn a simple truth: when carrying the burden of humanity’s survival on your shoulders, you are not alone.
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Darling in the FranxxTrigger Inc., CloverWorksAction DramaOriginal Work~24minDreaming … dreaming to someday soar free, knowing full well, that the free sky is forever barred to them. In a distant future, after Earth has been devastated and most civilisation ceased to exist, the remaining humans built a moving fortress city called “Plantation” in order to survive and keep some civilisation intact. The children of the “Plantation” live in a pilot training facility best known as the “bird cage.” Not knowing the outside world or the free sky, they are trained for only one purpose: to fight the mysterious enemy that reduced humanity to this miserable state. Learning to pilot what is known as “Franxx” and being trained to fight an enemy they have never even seen, the children believe that only piloting the “Franxx” can prove their existence. Hiro—code number 016—was once hailed a child prodigy, but when he fell behind and wasn’t able to ride a “Franxx,” his existence had lost all meaning. After all … if you can’t pilot a “Franxx,” you might as well not exist at all. One day, however, a mysterious girl called Zero Two appears before him with two lustrous horns rising from her head. A familiar smile flickering across her lips, as she calls out to him: “I found you, my darling.”
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Knights of Sidonia: Battle for Planet NinePolygon PicturesAdventureManga~24minAfter the events of season one, the authority of Sidonia plans on turning the tables and strike at the enemy's heart. Ace Pilot Nagate Tanikaze and company again must put their lives in the line protecting Sidonia, but now in company of an unexpected ally; a sentient Garde-Gauna hybrid.
- Movie, 1 (2008)Gurren Lagann The Movie: Childhood's EndGainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~120minThis is the story of a man who has yet to realize what destiny holds in store for him... Far in the future, humans have lived underground, quietly and restlessly, for hundreds of years, suffering from frequent earthquake and land subsidence. In Giha Village, one such underground community, live two young men. Simon is shy and naive, while Kamina believes in existence of a "surface" world above their heads. Their destinies start moving drastically when the ceiling falls and a gigantic "Gunmen" and a beautiful girl named Yoko with a superconductive rifle come from the surface. Kamina, Simon and Yoko get on the "Lagann" that Simon digs out from the ground, and jump out to the surface! However, the surface is not quite the dreamland Kamina imagined...
- TV-Series, 25 (2014)Cross Ange: Rondo of Angel and DragonSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minHumanity has advanced to great heights since it obtained the information technology known as "Mana." With that nearly magical power, problems like war, food shortages, and pollution have been eliminated. This age of peace and freedom, the Empress Angelese of the Misurugi Empire is a privileged girl with no disabilities. She learns, however, that she is a "Norma," a kind of human who cannot use Mana and are outcasts of society. Having lost everything, she is sent to an isolated island. There she meets other Normas who ride in humanoid weapons called Para-mails, protecting the world from dragons invaders from another dimension.
- OVA, 8 (2000)Yuusha Ou GaoGaiGar FinalSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~32minFollowing Gutsy Galaxy Guard's victory over the Zonder Empire and the 31 Primevals, a new threat makes their appearance on Earth. GGG - with Guy Shishio and the newly-constructed GaoFighGar - team up with their French counterpart Chasseur to battle the evil organization BioNet. Among Chasseur's ranks is Renais Cardiff Shishioh - a former BioNet cyborg with the relentless pursuit of destroying those who took away her humanity. But as GGG and Chasseur fight the BioNet, GGG's bases around the world are suddenly attacked, and the recently-discovered "Q-Parts" and the original Gao Machines are stolen by Mamoru Amami, who has been abducted and cloned by an even greater threat known as the "Eleven Kings of Sol." Evicted from Earth by the United Nations, GGG must now travel to the far reaches of the galaxy to battle the Eleven Kings of Sol and save Mamoru before it's too late.
- OVA, 6 (2004)Gunbuster 2Gainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~29minDecades after the birth of the Gunbuster legend? Acclaimed studio GAINAX returns with an epic sequel!! A young girl named Nono has left her home behind, to come alone to the big city. She has a grand dream of becoming a space pilot. But reality is harsh, and she spends every day instead at the diner near the spaceport where she lives and works. Then one day, while being harassed by one of the regular customers, a real-life "Topless" pilot named Lal'C comes to her aid. Nono, who is deeply impressed, starts on her own accord to call Lal'C "On?ama," and volunteers herself by saying, "I want to become a space pilot like you!"
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Knights Of SidoniaPolygon PicturesActionManga~24minIt's been a thousand years since the Gauna, a strange alien race with no known method of communication, destroyed the solar system. A portion of humanity managed to escape using enormous "seed ships" like the Sidonia, which have allowed them to maintain the population while drifting through space. Nagate Tanikaze is a young man who has been raised deep in the bowels of the ship. When he goes into training to pilot the huge robotic weapons known as Gardes, Nagate is entrusted with piloting the legendary unit known as Tsugumori. Nagate and his fellow pilots put their lives on the line against the Gauna, in the ultimate battle for the survival of humanity.
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Valvrave the Liberator Second SeasonSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25minHaruto and his comrades continue to fight against the forces of Dorssia. However, many things remain unanswered in the midst of battle, including the past of L-Elf and his fellow soldier's past, the destiny of the mysterious girl Liselotte, and the feelings of Haruto, Shōko, and Saki. The relationships and loyalty of each and every member of each army will be tested as the clash of ideals and power reaches its climax.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Evangelion: 3.33 - You Can (Not) RedoStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~95minShinji Ikari just woke up in his Eva unit fourteen years after starting the Third Impact. He hasn’t aged, but everything else has changed. The earth is in ruins. Rei is missing. The people he once protected treat him like a prisoner and threaten to kill him if he pilots another Eva. When he escapes to the remains of NERV headquarters, Shinji meets pianist Kaworu, who is destined to be Shinji’s copilot in a new dual-cockpit Eva. As the boys bond, NERV’s true mission begins to come into focus. Lost in a labyrinth of deception, Shinji careens toward a mental breakdown that could bring about the end of humanity.
- OVA, 13 (2004)New Getter RoboBrain's BaseActionOriginal Work~25minHuge monsters stalk the earth! Resembling the ancient legends of Oni, the monsters begin attacking the laboratory where Prof. Saotome developing the Getter Robo, a robot so powerful it overwhelms ordinary pilots! Prof. Saotome then locates three of the most dangerous men on the planet to draft as pilots: Ryoma the fighter, Hayato the bezerker and Benkei the giant!
- Movie, 1 (2019)PromareTrigger Inc.ActionOriginal Work~111min
- OVA, 7 (2001)MazinkaiserBrain's BaseActionManga~28minIn one of their epic battles, the Mazinger Team suffers a crushing defeat at the hands of Dr. Hell and his minions after Mazinger Z is stolen and its pilot, the legendary Kouji Kabuto, is rendered missing in action. Just when Dr. Hell's second-in-command Baron Ashura uses Mazinger Z against our heroes, Kouji makes a surprise return in Mazinkaiser—an all-new Mazinger with heavier armor and deadlier attacks.
- TV-Series, 22 (2017)Re:CreatorsTROYCA Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Knight’s & Magic8bitActionLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars NovaSanzigen Inc.ActionManga~24minBy 2039, global warming had caused sea levels to rise and large amount of territory to be lost. As though in response, a mysterious group of warships clad in mist, “the Fleet of Mist,” appeared in every corner of the ocean, and began attacking human ships. In spite of humanity mustering all their strength, they were utterly defeated by the Mist's overwhelming force. All of humanity's trade routes were blockaded by the Fleet of Mist, their political economy was destroyed, and the human race was steadily beaten down. Seven years later, the Fleet of Mist's submarine I-401 appears before cadet Gunzo Chihaya. The humanoid life form that pilots the sub, who should be their enemy, is instead offering her services to mankind.
- OVA, 1 (2002)Voices of a Distant StarMakoto SHINKAISentimental DramaOriginal Work~25minA female mecha pilot tries to keep in touch with her boyfriend on earth while she is in space using cell phone text messages. The farther away they get from each other, the harder it is for the text messages to get to each other.
- TV-Series, 26 (2000)DinoZaurs: The SeriesSUNRISE Inc.Action~30minThe story takes place 1,000,000 years since the Dino Knightshad last defeated the Dragozaurs. The Dragozaurs have returned, a boy named Kaito has reawakened them. The battle between the Dino Knights and the Dragozaurs begins once again as the Dino Knights prevent the Dragozaurs from stealing Earth's life force.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Flip Flappers3Hz Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2009)Asura Cryin’ 2Seven Arcs Ltd.ActionLight Novel~25minFollowing the precedent Asura cryin' Tomoharu has now the dilema of making a contract with an 'Akuma' since he might lost his dear friend Takatsuki if not, but doing so will compromise his own existence as the one from his ghost friend Misao since this will make them an "Asura cryin' ". The biggest threat to humankind according to the school presidents. And the decision will be even harder since they now recover some of their past memories, memories of a 1st world they didn't know that existed.
- OVA, 6 (1988)GunbusterGainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~28min2015: Earth's first faster-than-light ship, the Luxion, is lost, attacked by unidentified space monsters in the Perseus Arm. Six years later, Noriko Takaya, daughter of the Luxion's commander, enters the Okinawa Girls' Space Pilot High School, vowing to be a pilot and follow her father's trail to the stars. But is she prepared for the intense training to become a member of the elite Top Squadron? Noriko's fight has just begun and the fate of all humanity depends on her meeting the challenge!
- Music Video, 1 (2018)Zankoku na Tenshi no TheseProduction I.G., Inc., Tatsunoko Production Co., Ltd., Gainax Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~4min
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Valvrave the LiberatorSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~24minThanks to the development of the Dyson Sphere, The majority of the human populace lives in space. The Dorssia Military Federation, and the Atlantic Rim United States exist as major Military countries, while JOIR is a neutral principality, the story follows Haruto Tokishima as a normal boy going thru high school in T.C (True Calendar) year 71. This all changes when Haruto meets the humanoid weapon Valvrave.
- TV-Series, 49 (1997)GaoGaiGar: King of the BravesSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~24minThis is the story of the brave men and women who will defend our world. On a desolate road in the snowy mountains, a childless couple wished upon a falling star. The star is revealed to be Galeon, a mechanical lion who delivers the baby Mamoru into their arms. Mamoru grows into an ordinary grade school student, until the day when his class is caught up in a ferocious attack by the mechanoid alien Zonders. The young cyborg hero, Gai Shishio, is sent by the UN alien defense force “3G.” He risks his own life without question to protect Mamoru’s class and all of Earth. Drawn by the power of his mysterious origins, Mamoru becomes a member of 3G, joining the ranks of humanity’s bravest defenders. They wage all out war against the Zonders with they’re advanced vehicles, weapons and AI robots.
- OVA, 13 (1998)Getter Robo: ArmageddonActionOriginal Work~25minSent to jail after being accused of murdering Getter Robo creator Dr. Saotome, Ryoma Nagare must once again team up with his former comrades and pilot Getter Robo when Saotome returns from the dead and threatens humanity by unleashing his greatest creation - the Shin Dragon. Their efforts, however, are in vain as they fail to stop a nuclear warhead from hitting Shin Dragon, resulting in a massive Getter Ray contamination that wipes out 99% of the planet's population. Thirteen years after this great catastrophe, mankind continues to fight for survival against the Invaders. Out of the remains of the nuclear blast comes Shin Getter, piloted by the artificial human Go. With remnants of the Japanese military by his side, Go - along with co-pilots Kei and Gai - must use Shin Getter to exterminate the Invaders once and for all.
- TV-Series, 26 (2002)RahXephonBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~23minSet in the year 2015, just after Earth's civilizations have been all but wiped out, RAHXEPHON finds a high school student named Ayato Kamina struggling to escape the rubble after an attack on his city left him trapped. Finally freeing himself from the debris, Ayato meets a girl named Reika Mishima who takes him to a secret sanctuary that houses the war's civilian survivors. There, a humanoid mechanical weapon emerges from a black egg when he arrives bearing the same marking as one Ayato has on his body. It becomes apparent that Ayato is the only one who can pilot the weapon, and he soon realizes that he might be the only person able to defend the world from more destruction.
- OVA, 2 (2007)Sousei no Aquarion: Uragiri no TsubasaSatelight Inc.ActionOriginal Work~50mincontinues with the same base storyline of the series but shows different backgrounds for the main characters. example; Apollo has yet to meet any of the others & he grew up with his grandfather and no one else.
- TV-Series, 51 (1991)Matchless Raijin-OhSUNRISE Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24minWhen the legendary Guardian Eldoran is badly wounded by the fifth-dimensional invaders of the Jaku Empire, he has no choice but to leave the Earth's only salvation - the mighty robot Raijin-Oh - in the hands of the first people he can find ... which happens to be a classroom of 5th Graders. The children reluctantly take up the responsibility, only to find that the Jaku monsters invading their planet have become the living incarnations of the things they dislike the most! Can the Earth Defense Class successfully learn to work as a team, overcome their stigmas and defeat the forces of evil while (futilely) attempting to teach Jin how to perform decimal division?
- Movie, 1 (1982)Space Runaway Ideon: Be InvokedSUNRISE Inc.Action~98minThe epic conclusion to the Ideon saga, featuring what was meant to be the final 5 episodes of the TV series. The Solo Ship and its crew continue their intense battle with the Buff Clan leading to a final battle that will determine the fate of all life in the universe.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Undefeated Bahamut ChronicleLercheActionLight Novel~24minLux is a former prince of an empire named Arcadia that was overthrown via a rebellion five years earlier. Lux accidentally trespasses in a female dormitory's bathing area, sees the kingdom's new princess Lisesharte naked, and incurs her wrath. Lisesharte then challenges Lux to a Drag-Ride duel. Drag-Rides are ancient armored mechanical weapons that have been excavated from ruins all around the world. Lux used to be called the strongest Drag-Knight, but now he's known as the "undefeated weakest" Drag-Knight because he will absolutely not attack in battle. After his duel with Lisesharte, Lux ends up attending the female-only academy that trains royals to be Drag-Knights.
- TV-Series, 26 (2012)Aquarion Evol8bit, Satelight Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter accidentally forming the legendary mecha “Aquarion,” Amata finds himself at a pilot-training academy where the flirty girls love to get a rise out of him, and the boys seem more interested in exploring mysterious holes and big bangs than harnessing their Elemental superpowers. It’s all awkward dates, hijinks, and threesomes until otherworldly beings start abducting powerful female students. As a mysterious megalomaniac plots interplanetary disaster, the fate of the galaxy depends on whether or not the hormone-fueled academy coeds can come together to fight evil. Set 12,000 years after the events of Aquarion.
- TV-Series, 51 (1984)Saber Rider and the Star SheriffsPierrot Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~23minSaber Rider and the Star Sheriffs was a 1980s animated space western following a theme similar to The Galaxy Rangers and Bravestarr. Originally a 1984 Japanese anime series known as Star Musketeer Bismarck created by Studio Pierrot. The series is set in the future, when humankind has reached the stars. There are many outposts and settlement worlds in the galaxy with Old West influenced names. There are also outlaws, bounty hunters... and sheriffs. Saber Rider is the leader of the Star Sheriffs. The Star Sheriffs are the special operatives of Cavalry Command, their main assignment is to protect the Galaxy from the growing threat of the Outriders. Due to the escalating menace of the Outriders, the Cavalry Command is forced to create RA MROD, designed and constructed by Commander Eagle and his daughter, April. RA MROD can transform from an airborne battleship into a giant robot. When RA MROD undergoes the Challenge Phase transformation it calls out its rallying cry in a heavy Western drawl, Head em up, move em out. Power stride and ready to ride!
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Planet WithJ.C.STAFFAction DramaOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)Eureka Seven AOBONES Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe year is 2025. Earth is engulfed in the crossfire between massive warring alien life forms that leave annihilation in their wake. While searching for clues about his past, Ao is caught in an attack and forced to fly a giant humanoid fighter craft to save himself and his island. Fragments of the teenager’s origin come to light when a hostile shape-shifter seeking revenge on Ao’s missing mother—who vanished two years after his birth—targets him instead. Consumed with learning how his machine of war is connected to his mother and the monster that now pursues him, the young pilot will fly full throttle into combat zones without hesitation.
- TV-Series, 13 (2000)CybersixTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Adventure~23minCybersix is an escapd cybernetic creation of the evil Dr. Von Reichter. Hiding as a male high school teacher, Cybersix fights against the diabolical plans of her creator.