- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 10 (2014)Mushi-Shi: The Next Passage 2Animation Studio Artland Inc.DramaManga~24minMushi; the life-blood of nature. They exist everywhere in various forms: micro-organisms, fungi, bodies of water. Sometimes, they're even mistaken to be plants, animals, or spirits. But regardless of their appearance, they exist, nonetheless, living the only way they know how. At times, their actions can cause strange or unexplainable phenomena. Enter Ginko, the Mushishi (mushi master), as he continues encountering, studying, and dealing with the mysterious mushi along his journey into the unknown.
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Mushi-Shi: The Next PassageAnimation Studio Artland Inc.DramaManga~24minMushi; the life-blood of nature. They exist everywhere in various forms: micro-organisms, fungi, bodies of water. Sometimes, they're even mistaken to be plants, animals, or spirits. But regardless of their appearance, they exist, nonetheless, living the only way they know how. At times, their actions can cause strange or unexplainable phenomena. Enter Ginko, the Mushishi (mushi master), as he continues encountering, studying, and dealing with the mysterious mushi along his journey into the unknown.
- Movie, 1 (2015)Mushishi Zoku Shou: Suzu no ShizukuAnimation Studio Artland Inc.Drama~47minThe anime adaptation of the final Mushishi manga arc. Ginko stumbles upon a young girl in a mountain with branches and leaves growing out of her body. He later realises that she is the lord of that mountain but finds it strange that a human like her was chosen as the lord. He later meets her older brother who has continued to search for her ever since she disappeared while she was accompanying him on a stormy day. The story is about that girl, Kaya, and how she is torn between continuing her duty as a mushi lord and returning back to her loving human family.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Kaguya-Sama: Love is War?A-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~25min
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Violet EvergardenKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~24minViolet Evergarden tells the story of Violet who heard words on the battlefield that she cannot forget. These words, the meaning of which she doesn’t yet know, came from someone she loved very much. Some time passed on the continent of Telesis and the great war that divided it into a northern and a southern half ended, while its people welcomed a new era. Now, after the wounds of young Violet, who was formerly called a “weapon”, have healed, she begins a new life at the CH Postal Service. There she encounters the profession of an “Auto Memories Doll” and feels the desire to become one herself. She hopes that this work will one day enable her to understand the words she once heard.
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)Mushi-ShiArtland Inc.DramaManga~24minThere’s no effective way to describe the mushi – They simply are. They simply have been since life first began. As with many other things, man has forgotten how to see. And just as it’s difficult to describe the feel or texture of an object to someone who’s never held it in his own hands, to one who’s never seen the mushi… Between this world and the next, there is a point where it becomes impossible to distinguish between plant and animal, between life and death. It is a place man was never meant to tread… This is where you will find the mushi. Neither good nor evil, they are life in its purest form. An unseen river reshaping the path of man, through their very presence we are changed.Vulgar and strange, they have inspired fear in humans since the dawn of time and have, over the ages, come to be known as “mushi.”
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Natsume’s Book of Friends 4Brain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~24minTakashi Natsume continues to return the names of the spirits that have been written in the "Book of Friends" he inherited from his grandmother, Reiko Natsume. While Natsume is still aided by the chubby Nyanko-sensei, he's now helped by some of the friends he had made in his journey; be it human beings or spirits. As he becomes closer to both, Natsume faces the inevitable question of the sides he has to take especially when there is a conflict between the two.
- TV-Series, 11 (2017)Natsume Yujin-cho 6Shuka Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 26 (?)Miraculous Ladybug Season 3Action ComedyOriginal Work~22min
- TV-Series, 12 (2006)Black LagoonMADHOUSE Inc.ActionManga~24minRokuro Okajima is meek, mundane and metropolitan. His business trip to South East Asia turns from pleasure cruise to festival of pain when modern day pirates board the ship and take him hostage. Revy, Dutch and Benny are merciless, maniacal and mean. Together, they make up the crew of the Black Lagoon. Making a living in a city where the most villainous of villains make themselves at home isn't without its risks, but they take on any job available to them. Smuggling guns, drugs, kidnapped children and stolen goods is all part of a hard days work.
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)Miraculous Ladybug Season 2Action ComedyOriginal Work~22min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Junjo Romantica 3Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~24min
- TV-Series, 11 (2016)Natsume Yujin-cho 5Shuka Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIGProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~25minSet in a re-imagined Hong Kong at a time when cyberspace is expanding into human reality, the story follows top cyberwarrior Major Motoko Kusanagi as she hovers on the border of total immersion in the digital world.
- TV-Series, 13 (2011)Natsume’s Book of Friends 3Brain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~24minTakashi Natsume sees spirits, and with the help of his lazy and sake-guzzling bodyguard Nyanko-sensei he returns to spirits their names that were stolen by his grandmother Reiko Natsume. Not all of the spirits are peaceful though, and he often fights to keep himself and his family and friends safe while at the same time fighting the loneliness that plagued him before he found his home.
- TV-Series, 12 (2003)Full Metal Panic? FumoffuKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minIt’s Full Metal Pandemonium! Sousuke and Kaname are back in action! And this time, the battleground is the school ground! High-yield explosives and hilarity come together with a bang, as the somber soldier and his unwitting target brave everything from lovesick "terrorists" to an unforgiving teacher who is bent on revenge. But as good as he is with guns, Sousuke is one clueless commando when it comes to girls – especially Kaname! A day at the beach turns sour after Sousuke misses the point one too many times (and even fails to notice Kaname’s new bikini). Then, when Kaname is suddenly kidnapped, it’s up to our dense hero to devise a daring rescue! Don’t miss the hilarious antics of everyone’s favorite military maniac – and Jin High’s most fiery female – as the full-throttle action begins!
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)When They CryStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual Novel~24minIt's tough to be the new guy in town, but when Keiichi joins an after school club with four cute girls, he thinks he's got it made. Then he learns about demonic cults, the failed dam construction project and the murders that happen every year after the town festival. How many of his "friends" from his club are involved- and what are their plans for him?!
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Kaguya-Sama: Love is WarA-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)When They Cry: KaiStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaVisual Novel~24minThe endless cycle of hatred and death that befell the small village of Hinamizawa continues. Rika Furude, who is the sole witness of all those tragedies, tries to find a way out of it with her friends' help, without knowing if there is one after all.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)Junjo Romantica 2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~24minThree intertwining love stories threaten to unravel as each couple struggles to find its own path. Romantica: College student Misaki and his unlikely lover, the eccentric novelist Usami, are slowly growing closer - but their relationship could be in trouble when Usami's older brother appears and the two begin to vie for Misaki's attention! Egoist: Nowaki loves Hiroki with all his heart, but sometimes he's afraid Hiroki doesn't feel the same way. When Nowaki asks Hiroki for permission to address him by his real name, as others do, Hiroki flatly refuses. To Nowaki, this is just another reminder of the invisible gap that separates them... a gap that he must close, if they're ever going to truly be a couple. Terrorist: Miyagi is growing anxious. Shinobu used to be relentless in his devotion, but recently the relationship has gone quiet. As a 35-year-old university professor, is Miyagi really content with living at the mercy of a younger man whose actions are still such a mystery?
- TV-Series, 15 (2009)BakemonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24minBakemonogatari is about the high school student Koyomi Araragi who is bitten by a vampire during the annual Japanese Golden Week. Since then, he sees strange and supernatural beings like ghosts and demons. Another paranormal event occurs when he saves his classmate Hitagi Senjougahara after she fell down the stairs: Hitagi's weight is extraordinarily little. Therefore, he decides to solve Hitagi's secret and find a solution for his own problem as well. Every story arc deals with Koyomi and the mysterious young girl Hitagi; Koyomi slowly starts to believe that Hitagi might be a central point and of enormous importance to solve the strange happenings.
- TV-Series, 14 (2006)The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minI thought that when I entered high school, my days of believing in aliens, time travelers and ESPers were going to be over. That is until she introduced herself. Claiming to be interested in only aliens, time travelers, and ESPers, Haruhi Suzumiya was the strangest girl I've met in a long time. Before I knew what's going on, I've been dragged into her weird club, and it looks like I'm not the only one who has been drafted into this SOS-Brigade of hers, because there are three other students who don't seem to be so ordinary themselves. Either way we ve all found ourselves caught up in Haruhi's quest to search for all things extraordinary. And what's this I hear about us making a movie?
- OVA, 12 (2008)Detroit Metal CityStudio 4°CComedyManga~14minGet ready for the ear-splittingest, skull-smashingest band to ever assault your senses! Led by phallus-waiving terrorist-from-hell Johannes Krauser II (guitar/vocals,) and given pulsing, throbbing life by indestructible drummer Camus and bassist Alexander Jagi, they're Detroit Metal City, the hottest ticket on the concert circuit! There's just one catch. That"hottest ticket" is just a meal ticket, and beneath the makeup these ultimate headbangers are hired doppelgangers who don't even LIKE what they do! Jaggi is actually Wada, who wants to play Glam Rock, Camus is Nishida, an anime fan with an appalling weakness for curry and NSFW videos, and Krauser is. oh the shame. street-singing Soichi Negishi, whose dreams of singing happy pop seem hopelessly doomed by the success of his rage-fueled alter ego! Worse, he can't even tell anyone who Krauser is. Not even the girl he likes, who HATES DMC! Will rage against the corporate machine consume Negishi's tortured soul? Is there life after Death Metal?
- TV-Series, 26 (1998)Cowboy BebopSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25minSpike Spiegel, a bounty Hunter with a dark past, lives on bounty to bounty, barely making it each time, or not making it at all. His partners Jet Black, Faye Valentine, Ed and Ein the dog all help him in his adventures from planet to planet.
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Samurai Champloomanglobe Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~23minMugen’s a buck-wild warrior -- violent, thoughtless and womanizing. Jin is a vagrant ronin -- mysterious, traditional, well-mannered and very strong as well. These two fiercely independent warriors can’t be any more different from one another, yet their paths cross when Fuu, a ditzy waitress, saves them from being executed when they are arrested after a violent swordfight. Fuu convinces the two vagrant young men to help her find a mysterious samurai "who smells of sunflowers." And their journey begins
- TV-Series, 25 (2007)Darker than BlackBONES Inc.ActionOriginal Work~24minA new and deadly breed of covert agent walks the streets. Known as Contractors, these assassins and spies wield bizarre supernatural powers to carry out the dirty work of others. They thrive in the underworld, between rumour and reality, their loyalties always in question. In Tokyo, an impenetrable field known as "Hell's Gate" appeared ten years ago. At the same time, psychics who wield paranormal powers at the cost of their conscience also emerged. Hei is one of the most powerful of these psychic agents, and along with his blind associate, Yin, works for one of the many rival agencies vying to unlock the mysteries of Hell's Gate.
- Bonus, 4 (2011)Bunny Drop SpecialsProduction I.G., Inc.Drama~5minFour short stories taken from Rin's everyday life. 1. Leaf Aquarium: Rin takes coloured leaves to tinker fish. 2. Dear Santa: Daikichi and Rin make preparations for their first joint Christmas festival. 3. Full Blossom in the Skies: Rin wants to have a picnic and, therefore, Koukis mother prepares a bento box. However, the weather forecast predicts a spring storm, so Rin and Daikichi tinker a weather-amulet. 4. The Road Home: After they visited the folk festival, Daikichi suggests to have a devious route to show Rin, Kouki and his mother a "secret place".
- TV-Series, 22 (2015)Assassination ClassroomLercheAction ComedyManga~23minOne day, the moon exploded, leaving it in a perpetual crescent-moon shape. The creature who claims responsibility for the destruction also claims it will destroy the world in March of next year. With powers beyond human comprehension, no military can stand against it. Yet, for some reason, it chooses to take up occupancy as a teacher in the worst class of Kunugigaoka Middle School. The fate of the world rests in the hands of its students, as they have until graduation to figure out how to murder their teacher and collect ten billion yen for saving the world.
- TV-Series, 26 (2002)Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone ComplexProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~25minMajor Motoko Kusanagi is a beautiful but deadly cyborg that is squad leader of Section 9-the Japanese government's clandestine unit assigned to battle terrorism and cyber warfare. Surrounded by an expertly trained team, Motoko faces her ultimate challenge- the Laughing Man - a terrorist who orchestrated a kidnapping and extortion plot many years ago and has suddenly reappeared. In order to discover the identity of this enigmatic criminal, Motoko and Section 9 are drawn into a deadly labyrinth and they ll have to use all their expertise to survive.
- TV-Series, 24 (2010)K-On! Season 2Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minFor two full years, Yui, Mio, Ritsu and Tsumugi have worked together to keep Sakuragaoka Girl's High School's struggling Light Music Club alive, and along the way they've begun to build a reputation as real rock musicians... especially since the previous year's addition of underclassman rhythm guitarist Azusa. But as a new school year begins, there are new and scary challenges ahead. With four fifths of the club graduating at the end of the year, replacement members have to be recruited. There are college exams to prepare for, colleges to choose, and friends to prepare to say goodbye to. But no matter what happens, they'll have their faculty adviser and secret former death metal guitar/vocalist Sawako Yamada there to help them in her own unusual way, especially since she's now their homeroom teacher as well! Most of all, they'll have each other. The group of amateur musicians who barely knew each other has become much more than just a band, and by the time this school year is over, they're going to achieve something so amazing it requires multiple exclamation marks!!
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Ouran High School Host ClubBONES Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24minOuran High School. An institution of extravagance and prestige where learning is secondary to luxury. Bookish Haruhi can't afford to slack, being on a scholarship and out of place among the moneyed. No matter - the Host Club is now open! A group of handsome boys dedicated to selling their charms to their bored female classmates, Haruhi is suddenly in debt to the club after breaking an expensive vase in their lair. The only way to pay for the damage? Haruhi will work as a Host! The only problem? Haruhi is a she! Between the wildly inflated ego of the expert escorts and the potential calamities of constant cross dressing, Haruhi's freshman year looks like it will be one to remember.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)Junjo RomanticaStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~24minThree very different couples caught up in a storm of pure romance! Romantica: Misaki is struggling to prepare for his college entrance exams, so his brother arranges for a private tutor. But Misaki's nightmare is just beginning when his tutor, Usami, comes on to him! How will Misaki ever manage to pass his exam? And why does he feel so mysteriously drawn to Usami? Egoist: Just when Kamijou's life is at its lowest, he has a chance meeting with a man who never lets anything hold him back: Nowaki. His name means "typhoon," and he's about to take Kamijou on a whirlwind ride that will turn everything upside-down. Terrorist: Miyagi always seems to shrug off the cares of the world with a joke and a smile, but even he has problems, although he doesn't let them show. Foremost is Shinobu, a relentless young man who's adamant that they're destined to be together.
- OVA, 1 (2014)Natsume Yuujinchou: Itsuka Yuki no Hi niBrain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~23min
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Visit!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Non Non Biyori RepeatSILVER LINK.ComedyManga~24minWith just five students (none in the same grade ), the four girls of the tiny Asahioka Branch School still enjoy watching cherry blossoms, playing in rivers, digging potato, and building igloos together. The pace is very slow yet enjoyable and heartwarming.
- Bonus, 1 (2010)K-ON! Live House!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~25minIt's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Planning DiscussionKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Hell Girl: Two MirrorsStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~25minThey call her Jigoku Tsushin - the Hell Girl. For endless years Ai Enma has served as the embodiment of revenge itself. If you desire to send another's soul to eternal torment, contact her via the internet and she'll come from her land of endless sunset to deliver your revenge... at the cost of sending your own soul, of course, but it's a price a surprising number of people are willing to pay. But things are changing with the Hell Girl. Once seemingly implacable and pitiless, glints of emotion now show through the cracks forming in her emotionless facade. And now there is a new girl with infernal connections who seems to be turning up with alarming regularity.
- TV-Series, 11 (2010)The Tatami GalaxyMADHOUSE Inc.ComedyNovel~24minWhen a college dropout stops for a late night bite at a mysterious ramen stand, he crosses paths with a self-proclaimed deity of matrimony. This bizarre meeting sends the young man hurtling through a horrifying flashback to his not-so-glorious college days when the influence of a cruel new friend turned him from a hopeless romantic into a mischievous black cupid".
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)The World God Only Knows Season 2manglobe Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24minEvery otaku's favorite dating-sims champion is back! Keima still has his adorable lost soul-hunting, demon cutie with him, and together, they continue their pursuit of finding escaped lost souls who are hiding within beautiful, young school girls. But how to release these trapped spirits? Why, they have to get the girls to fall in love, of course! This time when lost souls turn up in everyone from the school's sexy bully to the school's hottest new student teacher, Keima finds even his romantic powers are going to have to work over time. And when a giant loose soul turns the entire school into a group of love-starved zombies, Keima and Elsie have to recruit a new demon to help!