- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Page 1 of 1
- TV-Series, 26 (2009)Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! - New ChallengerMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~25minIn spite of his title Ippo still fells not strong enough. In order to gain this strength he tries to set himself new aims. In the beginning this endeavour isn't easy at all, while the events around him keep getting on. Besides his title fight for the world championship, he awaits the battle with Eiji Date, who challenges the mexican champion after seven years. Can Ippo overcome his weaknesses and defend his title to reach the top of the boxing world?
- TV-Series, 75 (2000)Fighting SpiritMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~24minIppo Makunouchi's gentle spirit and lack of confidence make him an easy target for the bullies at his high school who regularly beat him up. Then, he's rescued from a beating by Takamura, a larger-than-life professional boxer who inspires Ippo to learn the art of boxing. After passing one of Takamura's outrageous tests, Ippo attempts to join the Kamogawa Boxing Club, but Chief Kamogawa refuses to believe Ippo has a fighter's spirit and requires Ippo to spar with Miyata, an extraordinarily talented and skilled boxer. Can Ippo even survive the first round?!
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting!MAPPA Co., Ltd., MADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~24minIppo continues to defend his Japanese Featherweight title from an ever stronger pool of challengers. Meanwhile, Takamura challenges for his second WBC title in the middleweight class, and Aoki challenges for the Japanese Lightweight title and Coach Kamogawa and Nekota reminisce about their days as prizefighters after WWII.
- TV-Series, 47 (1980)Champion Joe 2TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.ActionManga~24minA continuation of the previous seres, Ashita no Joe. After accidently killing his rival in a boxing match six months ago, Joe, a boxer, steps into the ring once again to pick up the pieces of his past and regain his former glory.
- TV-Special, 1 (2003)Fighting Spirit: Champion RoadMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~91minIppo Makunouchi's first title defense match is set. The challenger's name is Kazuki Sanada. The strong opponent is currently also a medical school student. Using his knowledge of human biology, he has a thorough understanding of which part of his opponent's body to hit in order to defeat him by accurately delivering the most damage and to drain the opponent's stamina. Ippo faces with a boxer who possesses the most intellectual fighting skills in Japan. Furthermore, Kazuki Sanada's trainer surprisingly is Chief Kamogawa's rival during his prime, Dankichi Hama, who is now giving instructions on his legendary fight technique, the "Flying Swallow" to Sanada. Ippo vs. Sanada and the collision of the coaches, Chief Kamogawa vs. Dankichi Hama - each of these individuals' thoughts entangle as the day of the battle finally arrives! Will Ippo be able to find his way through the deadly Flying Swallow and claim victory?
- TV-Series, 26 (2010)RainbowMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaManga~23minSeven teenagers in 1955 have to learn to live together in the same hold in the reformatory of Shio. Confined in a hall where suffering and humiliation are daily, they are waiting for a ray of hope in a dark, incarcerating world. The story follows their life together and how they move on afterwards.
- OVA, 1 (2003)Hajime no Ippo: The Fighting! - Mashiba vs Kimura: Shikei ShikkouMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~61minKimura finally has his championship match. It takes place at the annual champion carnival. But now he must face the intense champion, Mashiba for the Junior Lightweight championship.
- Bonus, 1 (2003)Hajime no Ippo: Boxer no KobushiMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)MegaloboxTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.ActionManga~24min
- TV-Series, 79 (1970)Ashita no JoeMushi Production Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~25minAshita no Joe tells the tale of a wandering orphan named Joe Yabuki. He falls into one of Tokyo's slums and gets into a fight with a local gang and his street fighting skills gets him the attention of a washed up alcoholic boxing trainer. Until he sticks up for Joe when the gang comes back to finish Joe, Joe decides to live with the trainer. Despite the trainer's generosity, Joe is still committing money making scams and lands him in prison. While serving time, he meets another boxer named Rikiishi Tooru who gets Joe interested in boxing. Upon release, Joe then pursues a boxing career.
- TV-Series, 6 (2011)Ring ni Kakero 1: Sekai Taikai HenToei Animation Co., Ltd.Action~25minAfter defeating Black Shaft's makeshift Team USA and proving their worth to the Shadow Clan, Team Golden Japan Jr. will finally enter the World Jr. Boxing Tournament. In order to fulfill their goal of a perfect victory they'll have to take on teams from countries like Mexico, Italy, France, Germany, and the mysterious and godlike Team Greece.
- Movie, 1 (1981)Ashita no Joe 2 (1981)DramaManga~112minIt has been six months since the tragic accident in Joe and Rikiishi's fight. Joe believes he has overcomed Rikiishi's death and decides to make a comeback. Joe does make a successful comeback by scoring 5 KO's by body blows. Joe is then given a shot at the national title as a means by the boxing commission to put him down. The champion, Tiger Ozaki makes use of Joe's habits and ends up making Joe's corner throw in the towel. Joe is afraid to throw punches at the face because of what happened to Rikiishi. Youko, Joe's love interest and the owner of the gym where Rikiishi trained at recruits a world ranked boxer from Venezuela, Carlos Rivera, to get Joe back on his feet and pursue his boxing career to the regional and world ranks.
- OVA, 3 (1992)Nozomi WitchesGroup Tac Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~52minNozomi Egawa and Ryoutaro Shiba are the new high school students in town. As a matter of fact, they've just moved into houses next door to each other. In a chance encounter, Nozomi realizes that Ryoutaro has genius reflexes and vision, so urges him to join the boxing club to realize her dream of seeing her brother representing Japan in the Barcelona Olympics. This is the story of Ryoutaro's journey to make that dream a reality.
- Movie, 1 (1980)Champion Joe (Movie)DramaManga~153minJoe Yabuki is a troubled orphan who ran away from the orphanage. While wandering in the Tokyo slums, he meets Danpei, a former boxer who sees the potential in Joe and trains him to become a superb fighter. It's only a matter of time before Joe faces his greatest rival, Tohru Rikiishi!
- OVA, 5 (1991)Slow StepPastelRomantic ComedyManga~43minThe story revolves around a romantic triangle formed by the girl Minatsu Nakazato, a young student and softball player; Shu Akiba, a schoolmate; and Naoto Kadomatsu, an up-and-coming boxer. In reality the three-way relationship is more like three-and-a-half, considering that Naoto is in love with Maria... actually Minatsu herself, who`d once disguised herself to escape some evildoers.
- TV-Series, 6 (2010)Ring ni Kakero 1: ShadowToei Animation Co., Ltd.Action~25minAfter defeating Black Shaft's makeshift Team America, the Golden Japan Jr. team returns to training for the World Tournament that will be held in Tokyo. But during training the Shadow Clan, who was written out of Japanese boxing history due to its deadly use of the style, kidnaps Kiku in order to lure Ryuji and the others into a fight to see who's truly the better representatives of Japan's junior boxers.
- Other, 2 (1969)Ashita no Joe Pilot FilmGanbatte~11minThis title consists of two pilot films, each about 11 minutes long, for the TV anime “Ashita no Joe”, which were produced in 1969. Initially started as enlarged extracts of the original manga by two employees of the Mushi Production animation studio, the work aroused interest of a Fuji TV producer who subsequently commissioned the two pilot films. At least the second of the two films was apparently broadcast several times in the night program immediately before the TV anime began for advertising purposes—it is unclear, however, whether in parts or in its entirety.
- OVA, 6 (2003)Joe vs. JoeOffice AOActionOriginal Work~30minJoe Yuki, one of the coolest DJs in Shibuya, has a secret identity as the leader of gangs. Because of his traumatic childhood, he fiercely hates "weaklings" and sees winning as his only option in life. One night, an old man is being taunted by the kid known as "the human punching bag." The old man reminds Joe of his parents and childhood, and he uncontrollably challenges the kid to a fight. A fight in which he's defeated, and his pride is utterly shattered into pieces.
- Bonus, 2 (2018)Megalo Box Picture Drama?Manga~8min
- OVA, 1 (1990)EijiAnimate FilmComedyManga~48minLegendary boxer Keijiro Akagi's second son, Eiji, is a high school dropout and the world's worst rock guitarist. Though his father and elder brother are both boxers, he hates the sport but suddenly takes an interest in it when he meets the local champion's little sister.
- TV-Series, 35 (1980)Ganbare GenkiToei Animation Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~24minGenki's father was a boxer. He died for the consequences reported after a match against world champion Kenji Seki. Genki decides to follow his father's step, pushed by the will of encounter Kenji, who will be revealed to be a sensitive man, struggled by the pain of having killed Genki's father.
- Web, 2 (2012)Surprise 4 U.?Original Work~1min
- TV-Series, 13 (2003)Human CrossingACGT Co., Ltd.Slice of Life Drama~24minFamilies, husbands and wives, lovers and people. Dramas that emerge from life's human crossroads... Ordinary people muddle through life and intersect with one another in random ways, like people walking along road crossings in different directions with no apparent destination in sight. Human Crossing is a realistic portrayal of everyday people in modern Japan with all its beauty and ugliness. It is a collection of short vignettes about hope; a reminder of the small victories one can achieve amid the vicissitudes of life.
- OVA, 2 (1991)Honoo no TenkouseiGainax Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~25minTransfer student Takisawa Noboru quickly learns that all disputes at his new school are settled in the boxing ring. Now he finds himself in a series of showdowns with the local top dog, Ibuki Saburo, for the love and respect of the beautiful Yukari.
- OVA, 2 (1985)Bavi StockActionOriginal Work~46min
- TV-Series, 12 (2006)Ring ni Kakero 1: Nichibei Kessen HenToei Animation Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~24minImmediately after Ryuuji Takane won the Champion Carnival, the U.S. Junior Champion Black Shaft appeared, and challenged the best Japan has to offer, just before the World Tournament is about to happen. Now Ryuuji, Takeshi Kawai, Kazuki Shinatora, Ishimatsu Katori, and Superstar Jun Kenzaki have to prove to not only Black Shaft, but the world, that they are truly world-class boxers before the World Tournament starts. But Shaft is not recruiting boxers for his challenge, but instead gets a life-timer criminal from Death Row, the leader of the Great Angels, one of the toughest gangs in America, a mysterious woman, and the "Dark Emperor of the South". Also, Shaft negotiates with Don Juliano, the Italian Junior Champion, just in case...
- TV-Series, 12 (2004)Ring ni Kakero 1Toei Animation Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~25minIn order to fulfill their dead father's wish, the siblings, Takane Kiku and Takane Ryuji aims for the champion title of the boxing arena. The sister, Kiku, will act as the trainer while her brother, Ryuji, will concentrate on the role of the boxer and learn the Boomerang. His battle with many rivals has led to the growth and maturity of Ryuji. The junior high boxing tournament has began and Ryuji will be fighting with his arch-rival, Kenzaki Jun. The battle begins.
- OVA, 4 (2002)Ashita no YukinojouArms CorporationHentaiVisual Novel~28minThe description has been hidden due to your visibility settings for explicit contents.
- Web, 1 (2006)NakedyouthSlice of Life Drama~10min
- OVA, 2 (2003)Masaru Ashita no Yukinojou 2Arms CorporationHentaiVisual Novel~25minThe description has been hidden due to your visibility settings for explicit contents.
- CM, 1 (2014)Jaic CM: Freeter-kyuu Shuukatsu MatchIndefiniteOriginal Work~1min
- Other, 1 (1999)Crocotires Traction AAAComedy~5min
- Movie, 1 (1942)Maabou no Tairiku Senbutai Zenpen: Circus no MakiGanbatteOriginal Work~11min
- Movie, 1 (1971)Kick no Oni (1971)?~25min
- TV-Series, 12 (?)Megalo Box 2TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.ActionManga~?min
Page 1 of 1