- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)The Pet Girl of SakurasouJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyLight Novel~24minSakurasou – the dormitory for the "troublemakers". This is where Kanda Sorata lives. One day the young Shiina Mahshiro moves in. He immediately feels attracted to her and charges himself with the duty to protect her from the "real" problem students. But Shiina isn't like any other girl, while being extremely talented and gifted, she is an utter mess and in no state to live by herself. This leads to a very reluctant relationship...
- TV-Series, 14 (2006)The Melancholy of Haruhi SuzumiyaKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyLight Novel~24minI thought that when I entered high school, my days of believing in aliens, time travelers and ESPers were going to be over. That is until she introduced herself. Claiming to be interested in only aliens, time travelers, and ESPers, Haruhi Suzumiya was the strangest girl I've met in a long time. Before I knew what's going on, I've been dragged into her weird club, and it looks like I'm not the only one who has been drafted into this SOS-Brigade of hers, because there are three other students who don't seem to be so ordinary themselves. Either way we ve all found ourselves caught up in Haruhi's quest to search for all things extraordinary. And what's this I hear about us making a movie?
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Skip Beat!HAL FILM MAKER Inc.GanbatteManga~25minKyoko followed her true love and childhood friend Sho to Tokyo so she could help him reach his dream of becoming an idol. She cleans, cooks, works three jobs and does nothing for herself because she loves him so much, but gets nothing in return. Still, she remains by his side. But then one day she goes unannounced to his agency with a delivery, and overhears him talking about her; he reveals to his manager that he only took her with him as a maid, and that he doesn't care for her at all. Upon hearing this, Kyoko doesn't just sit around and cry. She cuts and dyes her hair, changes her clothes and attitude and thus begins her journey to join showbiz and have her revenge against Sho.
- TV-Series, 11 (2018)Wotakoi: Love is Hard for OtakuA-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~23min
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)ShirobakoP.A. Works Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work~25minA "shirobako" refers to the white box into which a finalized tape of a film is put, full of the effort of everyone who worked on it. Five girls have their eyes set on getting in a white box as they try to find success in the anime industry through writing, production, and voice acting.
- TV-Series, 6 (2017)Our love has always been 10 centimeters apart.Lay-duce Inc.RomanceOther~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Keep Your Hands Off Eizouken!Science SARU Inc.ComedyManga~25min
- Movie, 1 (1998)Perfect BlueMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerNovel~82minMima is an ex-pop idol who was worshipped by the masses before fashion dictated otherwise. In order to salvage her career, she decides to drop music and pursue acting. A soap opera role is offered but Mima's character is less clean cut than desired. Regardless, she agrees and events take a turn for the worse. She begins to feel reality slip. She discovers her identical twin, a mirror image that hasn't given up singing. Internet sites appear describing every intimate detail of her life and a figure stalks her from the shadows. Her friends and associates are threatened, and killed, as Mima descends into a dangerous world of paranoid delusion. She fears for her life and must unravel fact from illusion in order to stay alive.
- Movie, 1 (2001)Millennium ActressMADHOUSE Inc.DramaOriginal Work~87minMillenium Actress blurs the lines between the past and the present, and truth and fiction, when a documentary filmmaker fulfills his quest to find the legendary actress Chiyoko Fujiwara, and learn why she mysteriously vanished at the height of her brilliant career. When Chiyoko grants the filmmaker’s request, he, in turn, presents her with a token—a key she had lost and thought was gone forever. The filmmaker could not have imagined that the key would not only unlock the long-held secrets of Chiyoko’s life…but also his own.
- TV-Series, 22 (2017)Re:CreatorsTROYCA Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Waiting in the SummerJ.C.STAFFRomanceOriginal Work~24minLights! Camera! Teen Angst! When a group of friends decide to make a movie over a long summer holiday, they end up learning a little about filmmaking and a lot more about each other and themselves. What begins as a simple way to avoid the summer doldrums quickly turns into something much more complex, intimate and revealing, as the maturing relationships between the members of the young cast take on new, and sometimes very unexpected, turns.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)Genshiken 2Arms CorporationComedyManga~24minThe Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, otherwise known as Genshiken, is now under the charge of a more confident Sasahara. Things have changed in between semesters (for all the details, check out the bonus Genshiken OVAs included on the Kujibiki Unbalance TV series), and the otaku club now has a new otaku-hating member named Ogiue. Sasahara's initial goal of starting a dojin circle and selling those fan-made magazines at the next Comic Festival becomes a reality, but reality is a cruel master. Who apparently Cosplays. Afterward, the club is abuzz with talk about Tanaka and Ouno relationship, which takes a hesitant step forward.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Himouto! Umaru-chan RDoga KoboComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Dakaichi: I'm Being Harassed by the Sexiest Man of the YearCloverWorksRomantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 9 (2006)RecSHAFT Inc.RomanceManga~12minFumihiko Matsumaru is an average salaryman with no girlfriend. He invited his colleague Miss Tanaka to a movie but was stood up. Right at the time he was about to toss tickets into a trash can, a cute girl appeared and asked him not to waste those two tickets. After movie and dinner, he escorted her home and found they live in the same neighborhood, yet unfortunately her apartment caught on fire hours later. Having nowhere else to stay, rookie seiyuu Aka Onda moved to Matsumaru's place, and the two had started a "more than friend but not yet lovers" relationship under the same roof while keeping this secret from their employers. Annotation: An English-dubbed version has been aired on Animax Asia.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Himouto! Umaru-chanDoga KoboComedyManga~24minUmaru is Taihei's little sister who boasts beautiful looks as well as prowess in both school and sports. However, she has a certain secret. She's a "Himōto" a little sister who is proper in public but lazy at home.
- OVA, 6 (1995)Golden BoyAnother Push Pin Planning Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~29minKintarou Oe was at the top of his class at the Tokyo University Law School, one of the most prestigious in the entire world. Mastering the entire curriculum easily, he vanishes just before graduation. Now he bikes across Japan on a quest to learn what's most important in life: The lessons that can't be studied in a classroom. First stop is an upstart software company, where the sleekly dressed Lady President has curves that defy computation. Then he tutors a poor little rich girl who's looking for a little experience. Very educational! But nothing can compare to Kintaro's racing challenge against a motorcycle queen who literally loves her bike. She would make anyone want to stay up all night studying! Bouncing beauties keep tumbling across the pages of Kintaro's notebook. However, they'll be the ones learning their lesson in the end. See? Studying can by fun!
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Outbreak Companyfeel.ComedyLight Novel~24minShinichi Kanou is a young secluded Otaku who is offered a job thanks to his vast knowledge of anime, video games and manga and just after meeting his new employer, he is kidnapped, awakening in an alternate world with a fantasy setup. Shinichi then is informed that he was in fact selected by the Japanese government to help improve his country's relations with this new world by establishing a company to spread the unique products of the Japanese culture to this new, unexplored market.
- TV-Series, 12 (2004)GenshikenPalm Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~25minIt is Sasahara's first day of college and a fateful choice awaits him — which college clubs will he chose to join? But Sasahara is no ordinary young man; a dark secret lurks within his soul. For one thing, he knows what "Cosplay" is, and he'd like to know more. He knows how to unlock all the secret characters in "Guilty Gear X", and he'd like to know more. He knows what the plot twist is in episode twenty-five of "Kujibiki Unbalance" because he's read the manga, and he'd like to know more. He's heard of Doujinshi, and he needs to know more. Enter Genshiken, the barely legitimized Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture, home to all subspecies of Otaku!
- OVA, 1 (2017)Oshiete! Galko-chan OADfeel.ComedyManga~28min
- Movie, 1 (2016)Aikatsu!: Nerawareta Mahou no Aikatsu! CardBANDAI NAMCO Pictures Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work~28min
- Bonus, 1 (2011)Black Butler 2: Making of Kuroshitsuji IIComedy~29minThe 1st & 4th episodes are Ciel in Wonderland. The 2nd ep Elizabeth invites a mystery woman whom is implied as the viewer as a guest to a ball at the Phantomhive mansion. The 3rd ep is a documentary with behind the scenes interviews with Ciel, Sebastion and the rest of BB2 cast. The 5th ep is The life and times in the Trancy household. The final ep is The story of Will the Reaper.
- OVA, 3 (2006)Genshiken OVAAJIADO CO.,LTD.ComedyManga~24minIt's the start of a new year for the Genshiken crew, and that means recruiting new members. Always a dreaded task, The Society for the Study of Modern Visual Culture manages to get Chika Ogiue pushed onto them from the Manga Club. With her introduction of "I'm Ogiue and I hate otaku", this year certainly will be anything but boring.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Please tell me! Galko-chanfeel.ComedyManga~8minGalko, Otako, Ojō are a "gal," an otaku, and a proper lady, respectively, and are also good friends. The three high school girls with different perspectives discuss the kinds of secrets you can't tell boys.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Girlish Numberdiomedéa inc.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work~24min
- OVA, 6 (2011)Eroge! H mo Game mo Kaihatsu ZanmaiCollaboration WorksHentaiVisual Novel~30minThe description has been hidden due to your visibility settings for explicit contents.
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Akiba’s Trip: The AnimationGonzo K.K.ActionVideo Game~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Girls Beyond the Wastelandproject No.9Romantic ComedyVisual Novel~24minBuntarō is a student who wants to be something, but doesn't know what. One day his female classmate Sayuki announces she is working on a bishōjo (pretty girl) game. Sayuki scouted him because he wrote a good script for drama club, but Buntarō doesn't know anything about bishōjo games.
- OVA, 2 (1991)Otaku no VideoGainax Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work~50minThis is Gainax having a good deal of fun at their own expense. It details a "fictional" company and its meteoric rise intercut with pseudo interviews. It's way more fun than it has any right to be, and at other times, almost touching. A great film for anyone who's stayed up all night watching films they can't understand.
- Movie, 1 (2004)Naruto the Movie: Ninja Clash in the Land of SnowPierrot Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~82minNaruto and his team are sent on a mission to guard Yukie Fujikaze, a popular actress starring the hit movie "The Adventures of Princess Gale." The crew is heading toward the Land of Snow, a land forever covered in snow, to shoot the final scenes of the film. When Yukie refuses to go and escapes from the set, she is brought back by force by Naruto and his teammates. But little do they know there are three rouge Snow Ninja lying in wait with a sinister purpose that forces Yukie to make a crucial decisiion and face her hidden past.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Anime-GatarisWAO! WorldComedyOriginal Work~24min
- Bonus, 1 (2006)Strawberry 100%: Please Come and Get Me!MADHOUSE Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~25minOne day, Manaka Junpei walks to the roof of his school and encounters a beautiful girl falling down from above him and accidentally exposing her strawberry panties. The embarrassed girl runs away before Junpei can find out whom she is. He wishes to become a filmmaker, and this whole experienced seemed like it would make the perfect scene in a movie. And so he goes on a search for the girl with the strawberry panties in order to reenact it all on film. But he will soon discover that finding that one girl will not be that easy…
- Bonus, 1 (2012)Thermae Romae x Yoyogi Animation Academy CollaborationComedy~5min
- OVA, 1 (2004)Animation Runner Kuromi 2Yumeta Co., Ltd.Comedy~45minIn this second episode the spunky heroine Kuromi continues juggling the demands of her new job at the famous animation house Studio Petit which this time involves holding down the fort while her boss goes through nicotine withdrawal after quitting smoking.
- TV-Series, 12 (2005)Strawberry 100%MADHOUSE Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24minOne day, Manaka Junpei walks to the roof of his school and encounters a beautiful girl falling down from above him and accidentally exposing her strawberry panties. The embarrassed girl runs away before Junpei can find out whom she is. He wishes to become a filmmaker, and this whole experienced seemed like it would make the perfect scene in a movie. And so he goes on a search for the girl with the strawberry panties in order to reenact it all on film. But he will soon discover that finding that one girl will not be that easy…
- Other, 1 (2004)Strawberry 100%: A New Love?! Film Trip - The Heart Sways from East to WestMADHOUSE Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~25minJunpei and the rest of the Photography Club are away on a club trip. Junpei and Toujou get lost on their way to the camp. To make it worse, a storm brews up, so the two of them take refuge in an abandoned building... Junpei has a chance now... In the middle of the trip, they play a game: 'the test of courage' and he has opportunities with Nishino... He is so lucky...
- OVA, 6 (2016)Toshi Densetsu SeriesNewGenerationHentaiManga~20minThe description has been hidden due to your visibility settings for explicit contents.
- OVA, 4 (2005)Strawberry 100% Season 2MADHOUSE Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~30minThe OAV are a collection of short stories: a festival with a jungle maid cafe, a visit to the all girls academy during physicals, fundraising at a remote pension with perverted managers, and the making of the film of alien strawberry panties. All scenarios take a turn for the worse before they get back to normal.
- Bonus, 1 (1999)Making of Meitantei ConanTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~8min
- OVA, 3 (1989)Bouken Shitemoii GoroICHI CorporationHentai~45min