- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 64 (2009)Fullmetal Alchemist: BrotherhoodBONES Inc.AdventureManga~25minEdward and Alphonse Elric’s reckless disregard for alchemy’s fundamental laws ripped half of Ed’s limbs from his body and left Al’s soul clinging to a cold suit of armor. To restore what was lost, the brothers scour a war-torn land for the Philosopher’s Stone, a fabled relic which grants the ability to perform alchemy in impossible ways. The Elrics are not alone in their search; the corrupt State Military is eager to harness the artifact’s power. So too are the strange Homunculi and their shadowy creator. The mythical gem lures exotic alchemists from distant kingdoms, scarring some deeply enough to inspire murder. As the Elrics find their course altered by these enemies and allies, their purpose remains unchanged – and their bond unbreakable.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave Films Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~107minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)Boku no Hero Academia 5Action ComedyManga~?min
- TV-Series, 10 (2019)Attack on Titan Season 3 (Part 2)WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minShingeki no Kyojin Season 3 (2019) is the second part of the third season of the anime adaptation to Hajime Isayama’s manga of the same name and seamlessly continues its prequel. After Hanji failed to analyse the Titan Serum, Erwin decided to entrust Levi with the serum and risk administering it to someone who really needs it. With their plan to reconquer Wall Maria from the Titans, this could come to pass sooner than the scouts would like. The tensions within the squad rise and the emotions lie fallow … So during dinner on the eve of the operation there are more than a few arguments between the members. But the cheering and encouragement from the inhabitants of Trost District the next morning once again awakens the honour and resolve of the Scout Squad, while Berthold and Reiner stand guard on Wall Maria. What will happen with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin, and what about the two corpses that cause a violent conflict between Eren, Mikasa, and Levi …?
- Movie, 1 (2016)A Silent VoiceKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaManga~129minA deaf elementary school girl, Shoko Nishimiya, upon transferring, meets a boy named Shoya Ishida in her new class. Shoya, who is not deaf, leads the class in bullying Shoko, because she is deaf. As the bullying continues, the class starts to bully Shoya for bullying Shoko. After graduating from elementary school, Shoko and Shoya do not speak to each other… until later, when Shoya, tormented over his past, decides he must see Shoko once more. Shoya wants to make amends for what he did in elementary school and be Shoko's friend. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 24 (2008)Clannad After StoryKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minA few months have passed since Tomoya declared his love to Nagisa. Now their relationship is entering a new phase, and neither is quite sure where it will take them. As their friends move on to lives of their own, Tomoya and Nagisa get ready to start a family of their own. But Nagisa's health has always been precarious, and an event that should bring nothing but joy delivers tragedy instead. Now Tomoya must learn to accept the bitter with the sweet and to understand that the most important thing is to hold onto love, no matter what.
- TV-Series, 16 (2020)Attack on Titan Final SeasonMAPPA Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~24minIn Shingeki no Kyojin: The Final Season, the fourth and final season of the anime adaptation of Hajime Isayama’s manga of the same name, we follow Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and the rest of the Scout Regiment one last time on their adventures inside and outside the walls of their small world. After setting out under cheers and encouraging shouts into their previous battle to reclaim Wall Maria and the Shiganshina District from the Titans, they were faced by a whole four Intelligent Titans—including the dreaded Beast Titan … The battle was long and bitter, but in the end the Scout Regiment claimed victory—a victory for mankind! Wall Maria is closed, Shiganshina is habitable again, and the power of the Colossal Titan is now in the hands of the Scout Regiment! But the price for this victory was high … The regiment was reduced to nine members, Reiner and the Beast Titan were able to escape, and Levi, Hanji, and co were met with a cruel decision: who should be saved with the Titan Serum—Erwin or Armin? And the answers they found in Eren’s basement didn’t make their fate any more bearable either, as they now know that the enemy is not “just a few titans”, but the whole world and that their true adversary, far beyond their walls, on the other side of the vast ocean, is plotting against them …
- TV-Series, 148 (2011)Hunter x Hunter (2011)MADHOUSE Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minGon Freecss' father abandoned him as a baby in order to become a Hunter, an elite class with a license to go anywhere or do almost anything. Now 12 years old, Gon wishes to follow in his father's footsteps and become a great Hunter. While Gon faces the unexpected challenges the Hunter Examination throws at him, he makes friends with three other candidates: Kurapika, Leorio, and Killua.
- TV-Series, 25 (2018)My Hero Academia Season 3BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minSummer has finally arrived, and Izuku Midoriya and the other students of the classes 1-A and 1-B at UA High are off to what will probably be the toughest training camp of their lives! Led by the Wild, Wild Pussycats, a professional hero group consisting of Pixie-Bob, Mandalay, Ragdoll, and Tiger, the students are to train their individual skills (so-called “Quirks”) in a secret and secluded location to become even stronger. The seclusion does not last too long, however, because the League of Villains, led by Shigaraki Tomura, are on the students’ heels. This time, they pursue a new goal—and strike with particular ferocity to achieve it! Izuku and his friends must once again gather all their strength to stand united in this fight for survival.
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Attack on TitanWIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minSeveral hundred years ago, mankind was nearly wiped out by the titans. The aggressive giants are much taller and – physically – stronger than humans, however less intelligent. Furthermore, it seems that they eat humans just for fun. Only few people survived these attacks because they entrenched themselves behind tremendous walls. The city was safe from titans for about 100 years. Nevertheless, the adolescent Eren Yeager and his foster-sister Mikasa Ackerman have to watch how the city walls are destroyed by an incredibly big titan. As a result, many small titans are able to enter the city and wreak havoc. To make matters worse, Eren has to witness the death of his mother who is eaten by a titan. Henceforth, he is hellbent on vengeance..
- Movie, 1 (2019)Weathering With YouCoMix Wave Films Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~114minIn the original anime Tenki no Ko we follow the high school student Hodaka Morishima, who is sick of life on his small home island cut off from the outside world and thus moves from there to Tokyo. No sooner has he arrived in the urban metropolitan jungle housing millions than he has to realize that he is broke … He spends his days in isolation and lives from hand to mouth until one day he finally gets a job as an author for a rather questionable occultism magazine. However, Hodaka doesn’t go about work with real motivation until he meets Hina in the hustle and bustle of the big city. Hina lives alone with her younger brother and even though they don’t have much, they still live a happy life. She knows how to inspire the young Hodaka not only with her cheerful nature, but also with her very special ability: she can influence the weather and on a rainy day she can let the sun shine as if by command … As the relationship between the two young people develops, however, dark clouds emerge over their seemingly carefree lives, for a girl who dares intervene with the laws of nature must be prepared to pay a heavy price …!
- TV-Series, 25 (2019)My Hero Academia Season 4BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minMy Hero Academia enters its fourth round and continues the story of Deku, Shouto, Katsuki, and the rest of the young hero crew. After the bitter battle between All Might and All for One, life goes on, but with the official and public end of All Might’s hero career, the future is uncertain and without the “Symbol of Peace”, fear slowly creeps into people’s hearts. Thus it is necessary to swiftly find a new number 1 and train a generation of young heroes who will one day be able to take over the tasks of their predecessors. All Mights last words, too, are still ringing in everyone’s head—“Now it’s your turn!” To whom was the hero referring then? Endeavour? Deku? Or perhaps each and every young and aspiring hero? The media also deal with this question and so Deku’s class at UA gets a surprise visit from a reporter who wants to get to the bottom of it! Which of them is All Might’s successor?! While Deku and his friends have to deal with the media, their training, internships, and the expectations of the world, something is stirring in the shadows … Not only the League of Villains under Tomura Shigaraki, but also the Mafia smells their chance after the fall of All Might …!
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Attack on Titan Season 3WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24minThe third season of the “Attack on Titan” anime adaptation seamlessly continues the events of its predecessor: Eren and his comrades of the 104th are now part of the newly formed Levi Squad, whose mission is to protect Eren and Historia. However, Eren with his new Titan hardening ability and Historia with all her knowledge and lineage are not only of great importance for the Survey Corps around Erwin and Levi … Other powers are also interested in getting their hands on the two, albeit for entirely different purposes than Erwin! This is also confirmed by the brutal torture death of the priest, whom Hanji brought to a supposedly safe place. The suspicion is obvious that the military police have a hand in this and the Survey Corps’ new (human) enemy doesn’t make them wait for long. A hot battle breaks out between Levi and an old acquaintance, whom he remembers only too well from his youth …
- TV-Series, 25 (2020)Fruits Basket 2nd SeasonTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 75 (2000)Fighting SpiritMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~24minIppo Makunouchi's gentle spirit and lack of confidence make him an easy target for the bullies at his high school who regularly beat him up. Then, he's rescued from a beating by Takamura, a larger-than-life professional boxer who inspires Ippo to learn the art of boxing. After passing one of Takamura's outrageous tests, Ippo attempts to join the Kamogawa Boxing Club, but Chief Kamogawa refuses to believe Ippo has a fighter's spirit and requires Ippo to spar with Miyata, an extraordinarily talented and skilled boxer. Can Ippo even survive the first round?!
- TV-Series, 25 (2017)My Hero Academia Season 2BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minThe brutal attack by the League of Villains on the students of UA Academy still weighs heavily on Deku and his friends, but they must still already face their next challenge–this time, however, a planned one: the UA Sports Festival! This prestigious event is more like a tournament between the students than a group discipline and enjoys an excellent reputation throughout Japan, not only with the media, but also with potential employers and internship sponsors for our future heroes. Thus, the goal of this tournament is not necessarily to win, but rather to give it your all and show the world what the new generation of heroes is capable of. How will Deku, who still is far from being able to control his own quirk, do?
- Movie, 1 (2009)Evangelion: 2.22 - You Can (Not) AdvanceStudio KharaAction DramaOriginal Work~108minNew Pilots, New Evas, New Angels The landmark anime Evangelion evolves, reaching new heights of intensity in the new feature film: Evangelion 2.22. In this explosive new story, brutal action and primal emotion clash as a group of young pilots maneuver their towering, cyborg Eva Units into combat against a deadly and disturbing enemy. In the battle to prevent the apocalyptic Third Impact, Shinji and Rei were forced to carry humanity's hopes on their shoulders. Now, as the onslaught of the bizarre, monstrous Angels escalates, they find their burden shared by two new Eva pilots, the fiery Asuka and the mysterious Mari. In this thrilling new experience for fans of giant robot destruction, the young pilots fight desperately to save mankind and struggle to save themselves.
- TV-Series, 22 (2014)Your Lie in AprilA-1 Pictures Inc.Sentimental DramaManga~23minKōsei Arima was a piano prodigy until his mother died when he was eleven years old. The shock of losing her made him lose any interest in piano, and his life has felt monotonous ever since. Then, when he's fourteen, his childhood friend Tsubaki introduces him to her classmate Kaori, a free-spirited violinist. Her enthusiasm reignites his interest in music and in life.
- TV-Series, 25 (2008)Toradora!J.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyLight Novel~25minDue to his frightening appearance, Ryuuji lives a rather unfortunate life. On the first day of his junior year of high school, he meets a strange girl named Taiga - better known as the Palm-top Tiger! Despite looking small and cute, she's extremely short-tempered, and nobody can stop her once she starts throwing punches. However, Ryuuji learns a secret about Taiga that nobody else knows... The dragon and the tiger join forces to bring you a monolithic romantic comedy!
- Movie, 1 (2019)Rascal Does Not Dream of a Dreaming GirlCloverWorksRomantic DramaLight Novel~89minGekijouban Seishun Buta Yarou wa Yumemiru Shoujo no Yume o Minai, the anime film of the “Seishun Buta Yarou” light novel, focuses on its sixth and seventh volumes. This time the plot focuses on Sakuta’s first love Shouko Makinohara. While Shouko, as a middle school student, continues to take care of her little cat Hayate, who still lives at Sakuta and Kaede’s, she doesn’t seem to be able to ask her parents if she can take the cat home with her. After Shouko leaves the Azusagawa household, it’s finally time for Sakuta to devote himself fully to his beloved Mai, but the sweet togetherness doesn’t last long, for no sooner had she started cooking than the doorbell rings … and there’s none other than Shouko Makinohara—the high school student! After Kaede gets tired of the two girls fighting over Sakuta she retreats back to her room Mai starts interrogating Shouko: What is she? What is she doing here? And what’s all this about? And Shouko doesn’t beat about the bush either—she wants to be with Sakuta and spend Christmas with him, because she loves him! Sakuta now finds himself in a tight spot—the woman he loves or his past first love … But this is by far not the only cruel decision Sakuta has to make in the course of the coming weeks, because “the Shoukos” have much more in store for him! And to make matters worse, the mysterious wound on his chest opens up again, too …
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Attack on Titan Season 2WIT STUDIO, Inc.Action DramaManga~24min“Attack on Titan” goes into its second round. When Eren and his comrades discover the face of a titan within the Wall, the priest Nick identifies himself and confesses to knowing something about it and the Wall itself. As it turns out, the Wall is made of titans! However, Eren and the others don’t have much time to recover from their shock, as Wall Rose has fallen and the titans are advancing from the south into the area. This is the day that shall be known as “the new worst day in humanity’s history.”
- TV-Series, 22 (2017)March Comes in Like a Lion Season 2SHAFT Inc.DramaManga~25min
- Movie, 1 (2012)Wolf ChildrenChizu, Inc.DramaOriginal Work~117minHana was a student before she was a mother. She was bright and pretty, and her future held endless possibilities. Then she met a man, who turned out to be a wolf, and together they built a family. Hana loved her mate fiercely, but fate took him from her, leaving her alone with two unusual kids she didn’t know how to raise. Frightened of being discovered, Hana and her wolf children fled to the countryside to build a new life. Raising her little wild things was an adventure. It left Hana bruised, scratched, exhausted, and joyously overwhelmed as her pups grew stronger and wandered further every day. This is a mother’s journey. Teach your children to chase their dreams – and smile through the tears as they disappear into the world in search of who they will become. Hana wasn’t always a mother, but it was always what she was meant to be.
- TV-Series, 1000 (1999)One PieceToei Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minAs a child, Monkey D. Luffy dreamed of becoming King of the Pirates. But his life changed when he accidentally ate the Gum-Gum Fruit, an enchanted Devil Fruit that gave him the ability to stretch like rubber. Its only drawback? He'll never be able to swim again--a serious handicap for an aspiring sea dog! Years later, Luffy sets off on his quest to find the "One Piece," said to be the greatest treasure in the world...
- TV-Series, 11 (2011)AnoHana: The Flower We Saw That DayA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minJintas life is a dead end. Instead of attending school he spends his time at home doing nothing and nobody seems to care about him any longer. But it wasn't always like that. When he was still at elementary school, he was the head of his five friends and together they had a lively childhood, playing superheroes. Six years later nothing remained of this friendship because everyone went their own ways. Anaru has found new friends Yukiatsu and Tsuruko are attending an elite school and Poppo is travelling the world. But when Menma appears before Jinta and requests her wish to be granted it's up to him to gather the old friends and to overcome not only his own personnel problems.
- TV-Series, 50 (2009)Cross GameSynergySP Co. ,Ltd.GanbatteManga~24min5th grader Koh Kitamura lives next door to the Tsukishima family, owners of a batting cage and the Clover cafe. His girlfriend, Wakaba, is the 2nd Tsukishima daughter; the 3rd daughter, the baseball prodigy Aoba, can't stand him. Wakaba dreams of Koh pitching at legendary Koshien Stadium, site of the national high school championship finals. However, tragedy strikes, and it is up to Koh, with the help of Aoba and his other teammates, to make Wakaba's dream come true,
- TV-Series, 24 (2006)KanonKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minYuichi hasn’t seen his cousin Nayuki in years. Now that he’s back, all knowledge of ever visiting has vanished. He tries to adjust to the vaguely familiar surroundings, but the gaps in his memory haunt him as time grows short. The pieces of the puzzle have appeared – an eerily silent beauty with blazing tresses, the mysterious girl with the winged backpack, and the sword-wielding demon slayer – but it’s up to Yuichi to discover how they fit together.
- OVA, 4 (2018)ReLIFE: Final ArcTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~24min“Relife: Kanketsuhen” seamlessly continues the main story with four additional episodes. The four episodes show the further progress of the Relife experiment from both Kaizaki and Hishiro up to its end.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Maquia: When the Promised Flower BloomsP.A. Works Co., Ltd.DramaOriginal Work~115min
- TV-Series, 14 (2019)Ascendance of a BookwormAJIADO CO.,LTD.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~24minHonzuki no Gekokujou: Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan o Erande Iraremasen adapts the light novel of the same name by Miyu Kazuki. Motosu Urano is finally done with her university studies and now holds in her hands her librarian’s certificate. A life filled with books awaits her—both at work and at home! The young woman can’t imagine anything better, but alas she won’t make it to retirement … No sooner has she started her dream job than an earthquake shakes her home town and the books she loves so much turn into a deadly trap and bury Motosu beneath them. “But there are still so many books to read!” She turns to God with a sudden prayer and he answers her plea and grants her a second life …! Now she lives in an entirely new world—her name is now Myne and she is five years old! As the daughter of a poor soldier she doesn’t always have an easy life, but little has changed as far as her interests are concerned: she is still completely enthralled by the written word and wants to read as many books as possible. But in this new, medieval world she is confronted with a completely new problem: hardly anyone here can read and leaving aside the fact that there are only very few books in this world to begin with, it would cost a fortune to buy one of them! And yet Myne wouldn’t be a genuine book lover if she let something like that stop her … If there aren’t any books here, then she’ll just have to make her own!
- TV-Series, 51 (2003)Fullmetal AlchemistBONES Inc.AdventureManga~24minUnder stormy skies, Edward and Alphonse Elric exploited the clandestine science of Alchemy in attempt of the forbidden – To resurrect their dearly departed mother. But every art form has its taboos and every science its laws not to be broken. The tragic failure of the young brothers unleashed an unholy reaction that ripped their bodies apart and their innocence asunder. Four years later, an evil lurks behind the false face of freedom, its growth unchecked. A lone State Alchemist combs the countryside in search of a mythological stone. If found, the stone could amplify natural talents and harness a power equal to the restoration of things once held precious, now lost. If found, the stone would also allow the State Military to senselessly obliterate countless more in the ongoing struggle. The youngest State Alchemist in history is soon faced with harsh truth: The power to create is but a breath away from the power to destroy…
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Rascal Does Not Dream of Bunny Girl SenpaiCloverWorksRomantic ComedyLight Novel~25minOne day in the library, high-school student Sakuta Azusagawa meets a girl in a bunny costume: Mai Sakurajima. As it turns out, she is a famous actress and popular child star who attends the same school as him. However, despite her fame and riscqué appearance, Sakuta is the only one who can see and hear her. For some reason, some people haven’t been able to perceive Mai in the last few days and so she came to the library to verify this. Sakuta wonders if this could be related to the so-called “puberty syndrome,” a mysterious phenomenon that is being rumoured about on the internet. He decides to get to the bottom of it and spends more time with Mai in order to solve this mystery. In doing so, he gets to know her and her feelings better and also meets other girls who fell victim to the “puberty syndrome.”
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)A Place Further Than the UniverseMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24minMari Tamaki is already in her second year of high school when she realizes that all her intentions for her high-school years have remained unfulfilled. No spontaneous trips, no ditched classes, nothing! Again and again she shirks away at the last moment when she’s about to do something spontaneous and thus she always remains on familiar paths. However, one day, purely by chance, she meets Shirase Kobuchizawa, who has decided to travel to Antarctica for a very personal reason. Despite all the mockery and demotivating comments of her peers, she is determined to pursue her dream. Mari, impressed by Shirase’s strength of will, sees her opportunity to finally overcome her own tendency for hesitance and set out on the great journey she has so longed for.
- Movie, 1 (2011)Hotarubi no Mori eBrain's BaseSlice of Life DramaManga~45minAs a child, Hotaru lost herself in a forest near her uncle's place that she visits every summer. There, she had a fateful encounter with a spirit, who helped her even though he would disappear if a human being touches him. She began to visit him every summer, even as she grows; while he waits for the summer to come, for their time together to flow again.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)My Hero AcademiaBONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minMankind has developed superpowers known as "Quirks" with 80% of the population having some kind of superpower. These new abilities see the rise of both superheroes and villains. A prestigious school known as the The Hero Academy trains superpowered hopefuls into the heroes the world needs. Middle school student Izuku Midoriya wants to be a hero more than anything, but he's part the 20% without a Quirk. Unwilling to give up his dream, he plans to take the exam and be accepted into a high school for budding heroes. Through a series of serendipitous events, he catches the eye of the greatest hero, All Might, who agrees to train him. (from manga)
- Movie, 1 (2019)Kono Sekai no (Sarani Ikutsumo no) Katasumi niMAPPA Co., Ltd.DramaManga~168min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)Kaguya-Sama: Love is WarA-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Boy and The BeastChizu, Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~118minThere is the the human realm and the bakemono realm ("Jūtengai"). In these two worlds which must not intersect, there lives a lonely boy in Tokyo's Shibuya ward and a lonely bakemono. One day, the boy gets lost in the bakemono world, becomes the disciple of the bakemono Kumatetsu, and is renamed Kyūta.
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Magi: The Kingdom of MagicA-1 Pictures Inc.AdventureManga~25minAladdin, Alibaba, and Morgiana's adventures continue in the magical Kingdom of Magnostadt, a country ruled by magicians, and the Reim Empire, which is protected by the Magi Scheherazade.
- Movie, 1 (2006)The Girl Who Leapt Through TimeMADHOUSE Inc.DramaNovel~100minWhat would you do if you could leap backward through time? When 17 year old Makoto Konno gains this ability after an accident in her high school chemistry lab, she immediately sets about improving her grades and preventing personal mishaps. Before long however, she realizes that even innocuous changes can have terrible consequences. Changing the past is not as simple as it seems, and eventually Makoto will have to rely on her new powers to shape the future for herself and her friends.