- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 22 (2014)Your Lie in AprilA-1 Pictures Inc.Sentimental DramaManga~23minKōsei Arima was a piano prodigy until his mother died when he was eleven years old. The shock of losing her made him lose any interest in piano, and his life has felt monotonous ever since. Then, when he's fourteen, his childhood friend Tsubaki introduces him to her classmate Kaori, a free-spirited violinist. Her enthusiasm reignites his interest in music and in life.
- TV-Series, 47 (2006)NanaMADHOUSE Inc.Romantic DramaManga~23minTwo girls with the same name leave their old lives behind and come to Tokyo to start fresh--what adventures await these two hopeful young women under the bright lights of the big city? Nana Osaki wants nothing more than to make it big as the singer of a rock 'n' roll band, while Nana Komatsu wants to put her life in motion and get her new relationship off to a good start. When the two Nanas fall in love with the same apartment, they become roommates and then best friends, and the party has just begun!
- Movie, 1 (2017)Sword Art Online The Movie: Ordinal ScaleA-1 Pictures Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~119min
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Beck: Mongolian Chop SquadMADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~25minMusic is life... . Yukio Tanaka was feeling the rut, though he’s only a teenager. Between the sheltered and stifling grind of school and the girls that spend their time not noticing him...Every day was just another day of being a total nobody. Enter Ryuusuke: a local rock n’ roller haunted by a shady reputation. Together they form Beck, a dynamic band that just might be the salvation of the stagnant music scene. Sure, it’s going to take hard work and obsession to make it, but there’s something special in the sound. If the guys can stay true to their vision, the world awaits. Music can change your life, sometimes against your will. Just remember… When it’s live, anything can happen.
- Movie, 1 (2011)K-On! The MovieKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~110minAfter passing their university entrance exam, Yui and co. started to discuss a variety of things they wanted to do before they graduate, including doing something for Azusa. In the process, they managed to go to London as a club for their graduation trip.
- Bonus, 1 (2018)Violet Evergarden: SpecialKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~34min
- TV-Series, 23 (2007)Nodame CantabileJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyManga~24minAt a top music academy in Japan, Shinichi Chiaki's arrogance is matched only by his top-notch piano playing. But when Chiaki and the teacher get into a fight, he's demoted to the reject class. Chiaki is left to pursue his dream of being a conductor while surrounded by a bunch of loser musicians and one annoying girl, Noda, who has proclaimed herself Chiaki's girlfriend. It doesn't help that Noda, who insists on being called Nodame, lives right next door to him.
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Anthem of the Heart: Beautiful Word Beautiful WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaOriginal Work~120minLong ago, the young girl Jun Narase dreamed of one day attending a ball at the glamorous castle on the hill. After once seeing her father driving out of that castle, she returned home to excitedly tell her mother, not realizing she'd just described her father's infidelity. And so her family falls apart, and after her father tells her it was all her fault, she falls into despair until a strange egg tells her she can save herself from further heartbreak, and maybe even find her prince on a hill. All it would take is to forever seal away her dangerous voice. -- Nick Creamer
- OVA, 12 (2008)Detroit Metal CityStudio 4°CComedyManga~14minGet ready for the ear-splittingest, skull-smashingest band to ever assault your senses! Led by phallus-waiving terrorist-from-hell Johannes Krauser II (guitar/vocals,) and given pulsing, throbbing life by indestructible drummer Camus and bassist Alexander Jagi, they're Detroit Metal City, the hottest ticket on the concert circuit! There's just one catch. That"hottest ticket" is just a meal ticket, and beneath the makeup these ultimate headbangers are hired doppelgangers who don't even LIKE what they do! Jaggi is actually Wada, who wants to play Glam Rock, Camus is Nishida, an anime fan with an appalling weakness for curry and NSFW videos, and Krauser is. oh the shame. street-singing Soichi Negishi, whose dreams of singing happy pop seem hopelessly doomed by the success of his rage-fueled alter ego! Worse, he can't even tell anyone who Krauser is. Not even the girl he likes, who HATES DMC! Will rage against the corporate machine consume Negishi's tortured soul? Is there life after Death Metal?
- TV-Series, 25 (2007)Macross FrontierSatelight Inc.ActionOriginal Work~26minMacross Frontier marks the 25th anniversary of the Macross anime franchise. It is a direct sequel to the first Macross series and Macross 7 and follows the lives of Alto Saotome, Ranka Lee and a pop idol named Sheryl Nome on board the Macross Frontier colonization fleet. After the war against the Zentradi aliens, Humankind has spread across the universe in order to ensure its survival. The Macross Frontier fleet is part of a effort to spread and maintain the culture of humanity.
- TV-Series, 11 (2010)Nodame Cantabile: FinaleJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyManga~24minIt's Nodame's third and final year at the Conservatoire de Paris. Her dedication to become a professional piano player and Chiaki's consolidation in Europe are making their skills flourish, but they also seem to be forging unfavorable consequences into their relationship. Forbidden by her teacher to participate in contests, Nodame feels that the gap between herself and Chiaki is expanding to a dangerous length.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Liz and the Blue BirdKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~90min
- TV-Series, 24 (2019)Carole & TuesdayBONES Inc.DramaOriginal Work~23min50 years after the departure to a new habitat—Mars—most of the cultural products are created by artificial intelligence and people are satisfied to be nothing more than passive consumers. Carole lives in the metropolis of Alba City and works part-time, while trying to become a musician. She has always had the feeling she was missing something. Tuesday is the daughter of a wealthy family and lives in the small town of Herschel City. She also dreams of becoming a musician, but she doesn’t feel that anyone understands her and considers herself the loneliest person on the planet. The two meet by chance. They want to sing, they want to make music. Together, they believe, they may have a chance and even if they only set a small stone in motion, in the long run they will still trigger a huge avalanche …
- TV-Series, 11 (2008)Nodame Cantabile: Paris-henJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyManga~24minHaving been given the opportunity to study at Paris, Noda accompanies Chiaki to Europe as he strives to become the accomplished conductor he always dreamt to be.
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Sound! Euphonium 2Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~26min
- TV-Series, 24 (2010)K-On! Season 2Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minFor two full years, Yui, Mio, Ritsu and Tsumugi have worked together to keep Sakuragaoka Girl's High School's struggling Light Music Club alive, and along the way they've begun to build a reputation as real rock musicians... especially since the previous year's addition of underclassman rhythm guitarist Azusa. But as a new school year begins, there are new and scary challenges ahead. With four fifths of the club graduating at the end of the year, replacement members have to be recruited. There are college exams to prepare for, colleges to choose, and friends to prepare to say goodbye to. But no matter what happens, they'll have their faculty adviser and secret former death metal guitar/vocalist Sawako Yamada there to help them in her own unusual way, especially since she's now their homeroom teacher as well! Most of all, they'll have each other. The group of amateur musicians who barely knew each other has become much more than just a band, and by the time this school year is over, they're going to achieve something so amazing it requires multiple exclamation marks!!
- TV-Series, 11 (2019)GivenLercheRomantic DramaManga~23minWhen high school student Uenoyama goes to his secret favourite place at school to take a nap without being disturbed, he finds it already occupied by his classmate, the reserved Mafuyu Satou from his parallel class, who in his sleep clings to a guitar with rusty strings. Annoyed by its neglected condition and Mafuyu’s apathetic behaviour, he takes on the instrument, but from that moment on he is constantly pursued by Mafuyu, because he absolutely wants to learn how to play the guitar from him. As much as Uenoyama resists him at the beginning, he gives in at some point and takes him to his band’s rehearsals.
- Bonus, 1 (2010)K-ON! Live House!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~25minIt's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Visit!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- Movie, 1 (2015)Love Live! The School Idol MovieSUNRISE Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work~105minKnowing that the graduation of the third-year members means the end of μ's, the nine girls take a walk around the school filled with memories. However, when the students attempt to leave the school gates, a single email is sent to them, and the curtain on a new story for μ's begins.
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Planning DiscussionKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- Movie, 1 (1995)Whisper of the HeartStudio GhibliSlice of Life DramaManga~111minDuring summer vacation, a schoolgirl named Shizuku, who longs to discover her true talents, observes an ordinary-looking cat riding by himself on the train. Intrigued, she decides to follow him. This chance encounter leads her to the mysterious Seiji, a boy who is determined to follow his dreams, and The Baron, a magical cat figurine who helps her listen to the whispers in her heart. Soon, Shizuku's exciting adventures carry her far beyond the boundaries of her imagination.
- TV-Series, 12 (2009)K-On!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minWhen Yui Hirasawa enters high school, she wants to join a club but can't decide which one is right for her. Fortunately, the Light Music Club is desperate to find another member or else they'll be disbanded! With the enticement of delicious snacks and assurances that no musical experience is necessary, Yui joins up, becoming the guitarist in this all-girl high school rock band. Together with Mio Akiyama on bass, Tsumugi Kotobuki on keyboard, and Ritsu Tainaka on drums, they're going to rock the school and someday make it to the Budokan! Now, if only they can just put down the snacks long enough to practice...
- TV-Special, 1 (2009)K-ON! Winter Days!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)AKB0048: Next StageSatelight Inc.GanbatteOther~24minIn the year since the 77th generation understudies joined AKB0048, the Deep Galactic Trade Organization [DGTO] and DES have stepped up their attacks on entertainment. In response, AKB0048 brings back the general elections and the center nova position. The understudies are now thrusted into a new competition directly against the successors. But as AKB0048 brings back policies not seen since Acchan's disappearance, a new more powerful enemy is quietly moving behind the scenes.
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Kids on the SlopeTezuka Productions Co., Ltd., MAPPA Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~24minIt’s the summer of 1966 and high school freshman Kaoru Nishimi is struggling to adjust to the latest of many moves in his young life, this time to his uncle’s home in the seaside town of Kyushu. It’s never easy adjusting. But this time will be different. This time he’ll meet friends who’ll change his life forever. And he’ll discover a new passion, one that grabs his heart and rocks him to his very soul. It’s called JAZZ, and together with bad boy Sentarou and music store girl Ritsuko, they’re going to follow their muse to wherever their music takes them!
- Bonus, 1 (2011)K-On: Plan!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)Love Live! School Idol Project (2nd Season)SUNRISE Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work~24minWith Otonokizaka Academy saved by Honoka Kōsaka and members of µ's from being shut down, students are now back to their normal campus lives—for a brief period. Members of µ's are now brought back to the stage and compete with other idol groups for regional tournaments.
- TV-Special, 3 (2006)Nana (Recaps)Romantic DramaManga~22min
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Uta no Prince Sama: Legend StarA-1 Pictures Inc.RomanceVisual Novel~24min
- Movie, 1 (2011)Gekijouban Macross F: Sayonara no TsubasaSatelight Inc.ActionOther~114minPicking up from where the previous movie left off, Ranka's star career flourishes while Sheryl's health rapidly deteriorates after collapsing during a live performance. At the same time, separate factions are maneuvering behind the scenes seeking to control the Vajra horde by utilizing the singing abilities of the two songstresses. As the entire Macross Frontier fleet begins to wage the final war on the Vajra, Alto finally makes a choice between Ranka and Sheryl.
- TV-Series, 52 (2002)Full MoonStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaManga~24minTwelve-year-old Kouyama Mitsuki was devastated when she was diagnosed with a malignant tumor of the throat. She had made a promise to the boy she loves that she would one day become a singer, but her illness made singing impossible. To make matters even worse, two angels of death, Takuto and Meroko, appeared to Mitsuki and informed her that she only had one year left to live. This news provides an even greater motivation for Mitsuki to fulfill her dreams, and with a little bit of divine intervention, she begins her quest to become a professional singer so she can be reunited with Eichi before time runs out.
- Movie, 1 (2008)Meitantei Conan: Senritsu no Full ScoreTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~115minSerial murders involving all kinds have happened. All the victims are from a Music School led by a famous pianist. Conan and company have been invited to a opening concert of the Music Hall built by the pianist. The biggest attraction of this concert is the world famous violin called "Stradivarius" and a special appearance of a singer who has perfect pitch.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Gekijouban Macross F: Itsuwari no UtahimeSatelight Inc., 8bitActionOther~120minThe galaxy songstress Sheryl Nome, Ranka Lee, Alto Saotome & friends are traveling space along with the New Macross class ship -Macross Frontier- that contains 10 million citizens in search for new planets in which humankind can develop and progress. The perils of space are vast as itself, the threat from the alien insect-like race Vajra will push all Macross Frontier fleet to an edge, is this the ultimate humankind enemy, or is there something even worse in space. Music & songs will prove one of the most valuable human assets in the space even more powerful than combat VF mechas, as it can reach not only humans but the space and beyond.
- TV-Series, 17 (2017)IDOLiSH7TROYCA Inc.GanbatteVideo Game~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Sound! EuphoniumKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~24minKumiko Oumae is looking for a new beginning at Kitauji High School, distant from most of her middle school peers. She befriends Hazuki Katou and Saphire "Midori" Kawashima and joins the Music Club with them, a past-time from her junior high days. There she continues to play euphonium and encounters Reina Kousaka, a figure from her past she didn't expect to meet again. As the club works tirelessly to achieve it's goals, the two girls awkwardly dance around each other, each wanting to know the other more.
- Movie, 1 (1998)Perfect BlueMADHOUSE Inc.ThrillerNovel~82minMima is an ex-pop idol who was worshipped by the masses before fashion dictated otherwise. In order to salvage her career, she decides to drop music and pursue acting. A soap opera role is offered but Mima's character is less clean cut than desired. Regardless, she agrees and events take a turn for the worse. She begins to feel reality slip. She discovers her identical twin, a mirror image that hasn't given up singing. Internet sites appear describing every intimate detail of her life and a figure stalks her from the shadows. Her friends and associates are threatened, and killed, as Mima descends into a dangerous world of paranoid delusion. She fears for her life and must unravel fact from illusion in order to stay alive.
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)White Album 2Satelight Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~25minWith only thirty days left until the cultural festival, Haruki Kitahara, a member of the light music club, has to find a way to make his dream of performing an original song on stage come true. When he recruits two new female members, including the school idol, his life becomes more complicated than he anticipated.
- Movie, 1 (2009)Hachigatsu no Symphony: Shibuya 2002-2003WAO! WorldSentimental DramaOther~118minBased on the autobiography Saigo no Kotoba (最後の言葉, "The Last Words") by Ai Kawashima
- Movie, 1 (1984)Macross: Do You Remember LoveTatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.Action DramaOther~115minA.D. 2009: The human race is in the middle of a three-way war with a race of giant humanoid aliens split into the Zentrans (males) and Meltlans (females). After executing a space fold that sent it and part of South Ataria Island to the edge of the Solar System, the space fortress Macross is on its way back to Earth. During a small skirmish with Zentradi forces, young pilot Hikaru Ichijyo rescues idol singer Lynn Minmay and their relationship develops as they're stranded somewhere within the ship. But shortly after returning to Macross City, Minmay is captured by the Zentradi, and Hikaru and female officer Misa Hayase end up back on Earth—only to view the aftermath of the destruction of their civilization. Only a song discovered eons ago—along with Minmay's voice—can determine the outcome of the war.