- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Bonus, 1 (2018)Violet Evergarden: SpecialKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.DramaLight Novel~34min
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Showa Genroku Rakugo ShinjuStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~26minThe year was 1970s. Fascinated by the performance of rakugo master Yakumo the 8th at a philanthropic show in a prison, delinquent Kyōji visited Yakumo immediately after serving his term, begging Yakumo to take him in as an apprentice. To his surprise, master Yakumo agreed without much hesitation, yet things progressed not quite as Kyōji expected. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 23 (2007)ClannadKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minTortured by his past and pained by an uncertain future, Tomoya drifts through life with an almost overwhelming anger and emptiness. But when he meets the mysterious, beautiful, and shy Nagisa, his world seems to change. Drawn in by her gentle but lonely spirit, he begins to experience the joy life can bring. But as he discovers the reason for his newfound friend's loneliness, Tomoya also finds that life can be frighteningly fragile.
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Anthem of the Heart: Beautiful Word Beautiful WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaOriginal Work~120minLong ago, the young girl Jun Narase dreamed of one day attending a ball at the glamorous castle on the hill. After once seeing her father driving out of that castle, she returned home to excitedly tell her mother, not realizing she'd just described her father's infidelity. And so her family falls apart, and after her father tells her it was all her fault, she falls into despair until a strange egg tells her she can save herself from further heartbreak, and maybe even find her prince on a hill. All it would take is to forever seal away her dangerous voice. -- Nick Creamer
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)BeastarsOrange Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minBeastars, the anime of the manga of the same name by Paru Itagaki, takes us into a world dominated by anthropomorphised animals. Carnivores and herbivores live together in peace thanks to the strictest laws, but such “coexistence” naturally comes with its own set of problems. Again and again innocent herbivores fall victim to violent crimes and the illegal “livestock trafficking” flourishes in the shadows of the big cities. In this world, the respected Cherryton Academy set out to be a role model for coexistence, but here, too, the façade slowly begins to crumble … For the students of the Cherryton Academy, school life is full of dreams, hope and romance—as well as distrust and discomfort … In a school where students are literally divided into “predators” and “prey,” peace is maintained only through the personal relationships between students. But when one day a member of the drama club is murdered and eaten, the very foundations of the school are shaken. A suspect is found quickly: the wolf Legosi. Although he insists on his innocence and asserts that he wouldn’t possibly hurt a fly, he finds himself hardly able to hold back his instincts whenever he is near the dwarf rabbit girl Haru. Is the big, bad wolf in love or does he think of Haru as being “delectable” in a whole different way …?
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Bloom Into YouTROYCA Inc.Romantic DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 51 (2005)Glass Mask (2005)TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~24minAt 13 years old, Maya Kitajima seems destined to spend the rest of her life toiling in a crowded restaurant alongside her bitter and unstable mother. But when her incredible acting talent is discovered by the legendary diva Chigusa Tsukikage, Maya finds a new future filled with both golden opportunities and terrifying risks. For Ayumi Himekawa, success has always been assured, yet she longs to be recognized for her own talents and skills, not the family connections of her famous parents. For both girls, the ultimate prize is the role of The Crimson Goddess in the play of the same name, a part created by Chigusa and now portrayed by Ayumi's mother. To achieve this goal, each must seek out and conquer every acting challenge, pushing the limits of their talent and endurance to the utmost, until they are worthy of the part... But for one to win, the other must fail!
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Dakaichi: I'm Being Harassed by the Sexiest Man of the YearCloverWorksRomantic ComedyManga~24min
- Bonus, 1 (2009)Black Butler: His Butler, PerformerA-1 Pictures Inc.ComedyManga~24minThe actors hired to perform Hamlet for the Fantom Company's children charity concert have encountered an accident on the high seas. With the actors not being able to make the event on time, Fantom Hive's president, Ceil Phantomhive, must now take matters into his own hands and put on a performance worthy of the Phantomhive name. To accomplish this feat Ceil and his friends and his mansion staff take the place of the actors to salvage the concert. Among Ceil's friends that volunteer to aid in this endeavor are Undertaker, Prince Soma, Agni, Elizabeth, Griel Sutcliff, Lau, and Lan Mao, as well as all the regular characters. Although many difficulties are faced, a grand concert is performed through the efforts of Ceil and his butler, Sebastian Michaelis, because after all, "He is one hell of a butler."
- OVA, 2 (2015)Shouwa Genroku Rakugo Shinjuu: Yotarou Hourou-henStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~40minThe year was 1970s. Fascinated by the performance of rakugo master Yakumo the 8th at a philanthropic show in a prison, delinquent Kyōji visited Yakumo immediately after serving his term, begging Yakumo to take him in as an apprentice. To his surprise, master Yakumo agreed without much hesitation, yet things progressed not quite as Kyōji expected. (from manga)
- Movie, 1 (2009)Professor Layton and the Eternal DivaP.A. Works Co., Ltd.AdventureVideo Game~98minProfessor Layton, true English gentleman and the world's greatest amateur super sleuth, embarks on his most daring adventure yet when he receives a letter from his old student, the famous opera diva Janice Quatlane. She is to perform at the legendary Crown Petone Opera House and invites him to attend as her special guest. Meanwhile, a spate of disappearances hits London. Two young school girls are the latest victims, and the Professor suspects it's related to the mysterious occurrences at the theatre. The Professor and his loyal assistant Luke travel to the Opera House to solve their toughest puzzle yet, the mystery of Eternal Life!
- Movie, 1 (1996)Kindaichi Shounen no JikenboCrimeManga~95minInvited for a anniversary celebration, Kindaichi, Miyuki and inspector Kenmochi re-visit the Opera House. There they discover that a play of "The Phantom of the Opera" is being rehearsed again. However, it doesn't take long when members of the acting troupe are killed by the "Phantom". Kindaichi will once again have to solve a murder series in the Opera House.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)A3! Season Spring & Summer3Hz Inc., P.A. Works Co., Ltd.GanbatteVideo Game~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Revue StarlightKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Hinako NotePassione Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24min
- Web, 26 (2006)Intrigue in the Bakumatsu: IrohanihohetoSUNRISE Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~25minIn the final years of the Bakumatsu, wandering mercenary Yojiro Akizuki travels the length and breadth of Japan. While he employs his sword in the usual fashion, he also uses it help him locate supernatural items which he pursues with single-minded determination, often with bloody results. In the course of his quest, he crosses paths with a traveling theater group whose members have their own dark agenda. Is it a chance meeting, or the result of an undiscovered conspiracy?
- TV-Special, 1 (2003)One Piece: Mamore! Saigo no OobutaiToei Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~46minFor many years, Ex-Marine Lieutenant Randolph and his troupe have put on a play aboard his ship. Having lost his family to pirates, Randolph wishes to put on plays that will give courage to those who have also lost their loved ones to pirates. Unfortunately, Randolph must retire soon, and he is now giving his last performance. Luffy and his crew come to see the play, and somehow manage to take part in it as well. But from Randolph's past comes a vengeful subordinate with a diabolical plan who has finally become commander in order to capture Randolph. Luffy and his crew now must prove to the people that not all pirates are scum, and protect Randolph's final farewell performance from the bitter commander.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)HitohiraXEBEC M2Slice of Life DramaManga~24minAsai Mugi, a new student at Kumataka arts academy, has trouble speaking when she is confronted with her extreme stage fright. Forced to join the schools Drama Research Society by upperclassmen, she gradually changes due to the influence of drama.
- OVA, 6 (2007)Sakura Taisen: New York NYAnime International Co., Inc.ActionVisual Novel~25minThe late 1920s, New York City. After the battle with Nobunaga, the city is restored to peace...until the owner of Little Lip Theater informs Shinjiro, "This time, the leading lady will be...you," and forces Shinjiro, disguised as the actress Petitmint, into the title role of "Cleopatra." The Star Division members set out to persuade a reluctant Shinjiro, beginning a chase across the five boroughs. Meanwhile, a dark-skinned youth and his servant have appeared unexpectedly in the midst of the flourishing city. His eyes, concealing a silent wrath, are fixed upon nothing less than the Statue of Liberty. Now Shinjiro and company must protect this city of hopes and dreams from a new menace while safely raising the curtain on a new show.
- TV-Series, 26 (1999)Karakuri Zoushi Ayatsuri SakonTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~25minSakon is the grandson of the famous Bunraku master, Tachibana Zaemon. He is incredibly shy and lacks confidence in himself. However, when he is with his puppet, Ukon, he is able to focus himself and his crime-solving abilities. As a contrast to traditional Bunraku puppeteering, Sakon is an expert ventriloquist. He uses his talent of mimicing and throwing voices to confront the villains and often force a confession. Ukon is a beautiful Bunraku puppet created in 1870, supposedly by the Master puppet-builder Unosuke Koizumi III. But Ukon doesn't act as a good Bunraku puppet should. When he is with Sakon, he is forward, obnoxious, flirtatious, coarse, and very egocentric. Together, Sakon and Ukon travel around Japan, solving mysteries, murders, and horrific crimes. In the meantime, Sakon's aunt Kaoruko, a young and pretty police detective, helps him out and keeps an eye on him.
- OVA, 1 (2008)Meitantei Conan: Joshikousei Tantei Suzuki Sonoko no JikenboTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Crime~25minSonoko is writing the script for a charity-related play: a murder case takes place and the high school detective Suzuki Sonoko appears out of nowhere to solve it. There is only one problem, the script is unfinished, and Sonoko has no idea who the murderer is, and why the crime was committed. The play will be performed next week. But with all the other necessary preparations going on, the script needs to be done today, and Sonoko plans to use the expertise of a real detective, like Kogorou, to finish it. Ai finds serious flaws in the deductive chain of the plot. And so Ran decides to call Kogorou, who comes up with the exact same hair-raising idea Sonoko already uses in her script. In desperation Ran asks Shin'ichi for help with the script. Luckily the Detective Boys are also there to help out.
- TV-Special, 1 (2007)Kindaichi Shounen no Jikenbo: Operaza-kan Saigo no SatsujinToei Animation Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~48minHajime Kindaichi, a junior that barely made it past tenth grade has a knack for solving murder mysteries with support from Miyuki, his childhood friend and love-interest who encourages him when all seems lost, and Detective Kenmochi. (from manga)
- Bonus, 3 (2011)Kimi ni Todoke: From Me To You - Mini EpisodesRomantic Comedy~4min
- OVA, 4 (2013)Niji-iro Prism GirlSynergySP Co. ,Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~12minNijika Kohinata is a tall cheerful young girl who dreams of one day being an actress like her mother.
- TV-Series, 12 (2006)Tsuyokiss: Cool x SweetStudio Hibari Co., Ltd., Trinet Entertainment, Inc.Romantic ComedyVisual Novel~24minSunao Konoe starts her first day at a new school and is surprised to find that there is no theater club. So, she decides to make one of her own. But between a childhood friend showing up, the crazy student body, and the arrogant student council president blocking her at every turn, it seems that actually creating the club is going to be more difficult than she thought.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Action Heroine Cheer Fruitsdiomedéa inc.ComedyOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Shonen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 50ZEXCS Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work~24minThe original SHONEN HOLLYWOOD disbanded, the new generation had been recreated 15 years later. After experiencing hardships and obstacles as a trainee, they successfully held their first concert and debut as an idol. Another obstacles lies ahed of them now that they became popular as an idol.
- TV-Special, 2 (2006)Di Gi Charat: Winter GardenJ.C.STAFFRomantic Drama~24minDejiko and Puchiko are ten years older and living together in a small apartment. Dejiko (now twenty years old) works full-time at a cake shop and Puchiko (now fifteen years old) goes to school. Their slow, mundane lives are enhanced when Dejiko meets a boy at work and begins to pursue him.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Kabukibu!Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaLight Novel~24min
- Bonus, 3 (2018)Shoujo Kageki Revue Starlight SpecialsKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work~7min
- Movie, 1 (2001)Sakura Wars the MovieProduction I.G., Inc.ActionVisual Novel~85minThe Imperial Fighting Troupe is called again to defend Tokyo against the demons. However, this time the Douglas-Stewart Company is selling a superior fighting machine that will revolutionize Japan's defense and make the Flower Division obsolete. But the girls suspect something may be wrong when members of their team begin to vanish! But what can they do when their division has been placed on indefinite stand-by status?
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)Shonen Hollywood: Holly Stage for 49ZEXCS Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work~23minFifteen years ago, the legendary idol group Shonen Hollywood stole the hearts of thousands adoring fans. Their performance at the famous Hollywood Tokyo Theater is the stuff of legend, and now a new group of boys is determined to become the next generation of this famed super group. Ikuma, Kakeru, Shun, Kira, and Daiki will train day and night as they chase their dreams on the road to superstardom.
- Movie, 1 (2017)GenbanojouNippon Animation Co., Ltd.?Original Work~24min
- Movie, 1 (1997)Hana Yori Dango: The MovieToei Animation Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~30minSet in an alternative timeline to the TV series and manga, the movie features a classic Cinderella story told through the medium of 80's dance. Tsukushi Makino is a trainee dancer in a New York Performance group, struggling to become the star of the show with the help of Rui Hanazawa and Tsukasa Doumyouji.
- TV-Series, 25 (2000)Sakura Wars TVMADHOUSE Inc.ActionVisual Novel~25minFor years the defense and safety of the Imperial city rested on the shoulders of Sumire Kanzaki of the Flower Division. But this, as with all things, must fade away. As the top star of the Imperial Theatre Company, Sumire was the power and the light from which her comrades drew their own strength and resolve. It was through her that the Flower Division found their courage…and through her that many happy memories were made. Now the curtain rises for one final performance as the star that once shined so brightly begins to grow faint. As the spotlight dims on one legend, another must come center stage.
- OVA, 3 (2004)Sakura Taisen: Le Nouveau ParisRadix Ace Entertainment Co., Ltd.ActionVisual Novel~30minAfter Ichiro Ogami's departure, the girls of the Paris Flower Defense Force are left debating who will be the next captain, while a centuries-old threat surfaces.
- OVA, 3 (2003)Sakura Wars: Ecole de ParisRadix Ace Entertainment Co., Ltd.ActionVisual Novel~25minAn unseen evil lurks in the streets of Paris, and unless something is done, the darkness will unleash its destruction and consume all that is good. The City of Love will be lost to her people forever. All hope rests within the hearts of five young ladies. The only problem is, they don’t even know it yet! But will an apprenticed nun, a reserved aristocrat, a hardened criminal, the daughter of a wealthy Japanese Baron, and traveling circus emcee set aside their unique differences and come together as one for the defense of many? The war continues and the Paris Floral Assault Division is born!
- OVA, 1 (2002)Sakura Taisen: SumireRadix Ace Entertainment Co., Ltd.DramaVisual Novel~25minFor years the defense and safety of the Imperial city rested on the shoulders of Sumire Kanzaki of the Flower Division. But this, as with all things, must fade away. As the top star of the Imperial Theatre Company, Sumire was the power and the light from which her comrades drew their own strength and resolve. It was through her that the Flower Division found their courage... and through her that many happy memories were made. Now the curtain rises for one final performance as the star that once shined so brightly begins to grow faint. As the spotlight dims on one legend, another must come center stage.
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)Beastars 2Slice of Life DramaManga~?min
- CM, 1 (2016)Gekidol?~1minThis is a preview video for the series Gekidol, which was to be part of the Actidol Project, but has never been realised. The video consists mainly of live-action scences.