- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Your Name.CoMix Wave Films Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~107minMitsuha and Taki are total strangers living completely different lives. But when Mitsuha makes a wish to leave her mountain town for the bustling city of Tokyo, they become connected in a bizarre way. She dreams she is a boy living in Tokyo while Taki dreams he is a girl from a rural town he’s never visited. What does their newfound connection mean? And how will it bring them together? Find out in the latest film from the acclaimed auteur Makoto Shinkai.
- Web, 15 (2019)Eoneu Nal Jameseo Kkaeeoboni Bagelyeoga Doeeo IsseotdaStudio AnimalComedy~14min
- TV-Series, 24 (2011)Steins;GateWhite FoxThrillerVisual Novel~24minThe story takes place in Akihabara, Tokyo. Rintarou Okabe, a self-proclaimed mad scientiest, is an eccentric person who heads a Futuristic Gadget Research Laboratory. Together with his friends, Mayuri Shiina and Itaru Hashida, he invents all sorts of things that, in actual fact, often don't have a practical use. Later, he accidently builds a time machine, the Phone Microwave. Contrary to his very own belief, the time machine actually works: From now onwards, he is able to send short mails through time to change the past and, eventually, affect the present. Over the course of the story, Okabe Rintarou admits many other people as new members of his Future Gadget Lab like Kurisu Makise, an extremely intelligent 18-year-old scientist. Soon afterwards, the organisation SERN, that also does research on time travel, becomes aware of Rintarou and his effort to revolutionize the process of travelling through time.
- TV-Series, 13 (2018)Overlord IIIMADHOUSE Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minThe anime adaptation of the light novel Overlord starts into its third season and nothing much has changed: Momonga is still chasing his goal of ruling over all of Yggdrasil and his plan is progressing slowly but steadily. After unifying the lizard clans under Zaryus and then subjugating them, he—under the guise of the Adventurer Momon—and a few of his fellow Ainz Ooal Gown members infiltrated the royal capital of Re-Estize. After the fierce battle was over, it is now time for the members of the guild to take a break, but how do you get these overly loyal and hard-working creatures to take it easy for a while and relax? Well … You order them to! But even in this serene time, one cannot lose sight of the real goal and so the various members of Ainz Ooal Gown train and prepare for the various battles and trials to come, because no matter how successful they might have been so far, a new enemy may always appear out of nowhere …
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)OwarimonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minDuring the month of October of his third year in high school, Koyomi Araragi is introduced to a transfer student named Ougi Oshino by his underclassman Kanbaru Suruga. Ougi tells Koyomi that she has something she wishes to consult with him. When she draws the map of Naoestu High School, she finds something peculiar. This discovery reveals a tale that wasn't meant to be told, and this makes Koyomi's high school life totally different. This is the story that brings to light “what” makes Koyomi Araragi. This is the story that reveals the “beginning” of everything.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)OverlordMADHOUSE Inc.ActionLight Novel~24minIn the year 2138, virtual reality gaming is booming. Yggdrasil, a popular online game is quietly shut down one day. However, one player named Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as "the most powerful wizard." The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) beginning to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become.
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Ouran High School Host ClubBONES Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24minOuran High School. An institution of extravagance and prestige where learning is secondary to luxury. Bookish Haruhi can't afford to slack, being on a scholarship and out of place among the moneyed. No matter - the Host Club is now open! A group of handsome boys dedicated to selling their charms to their bored female classmates, Haruhi is suddenly in debt to the club after breaking an expensive vase in their lair. The only way to pay for the damage? Haruhi will work as a Host! The only problem? Haruhi is a she! Between the wildly inflated ego of the expert escorts and the potential calamities of constant cross dressing, Haruhi's freshman year looks like it will be one to remember.
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Overlord IIMADHOUSE Inc.ActionLight Novel~24min
- TV-Special, 1 (2015)The Labyrinth of Grisaia: The Cocoon of Caprice 08bitDramaVisual Novel~48minYūji Kazami has saved the hearts of five girls of Mihama Academy, but his own heart is still clouded with darkness. Looking back, Yūji wonders what has shaped him into what he is today, as well as what he has gained and lost along the path.
- Movie, 2 (2017)Gekijouban Soushuuhen OverlordMADHOUSE Inc.ActionLight Novel~99min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Yamada-kun & the 7 WitchesLiden Films Inc.ComedyManga~24minOne day, high school boy Yamada bumps into the beautiful female honor student Shiraishi on the stairs (literally), and their lips touch as they fall. When they regain their wits, they realize that they have swapped bodies. As time progresses, the two realize that this is not the only mysterious happening in the school.
- Web, 10 (2017)Recovery of an MMO JunkieSIGNAL.MD, Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 10 (2014)Love Stage!!J.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyManga~24minIzumi was born in a family of celebrities. His father is a singer, his mother and artist, his older brother the lead vocalist for the popular band Crashers. Izumi himself, however, is just a nerdy college student. He loves the manga "Magical Girl Lala Lulu" and dreams of becoming a manga writer himself. One day he is roped into filming a commercial where he wears a dress. Another actor on the set, Ryoma Ichijo, mistakes him for a woman and falls in love at first sight. As it turns out, though, they met ten years in the past. And Ryoma feelings don't change when he finds out Izumi is a boy.
- TV-Series, 18 (1989)Ranma 1/2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24minSaotome Ranma, a teenage martial artist, and his father Genma travel to the 'cursed training ground' of Jusenkyo in China. There, despite the warnings of the Chinese guard, they fall into the cursed springs. From now on, whenever Ranma is doused in cold water, he turns in to a girl, and a cute, well-built red-head at that. Hot water changes him back into a man again, but only until the next time. To make matters worse, his father engages him to Tendo Akane, a girl who hates boys.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Blend-SA-1 Pictures Inc.ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Interspecies ReviewersPassione Co., Ltd.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 10 (2014)Date a Live IIProduction IMS Co., Ltd.Action ComedyLight Novel~24minShido Itsuka, who used to be a normal high school student at Raizen High, meets the first Spirit, Tohka, and awakens his power to “seal the Spirit's power”. Though they may be feared and hated beings due to their immense power, Spirits were always alone and knew only combat and death. Shido, the only one in the world with the power to seal the Spirits' might, hurls himself into life-threatening dates with the beautiful Spirits in order to save them.
- OVA, 1 (2014)Love Stage!! It Wasn't Just A LittleComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2013)Strike the BloodSILVER LINK.ActionLight Novel~24min"The fourth true ancestor" is a legendarily strong vampire that shouldn't exist. Accompanied by the 12 "gun-beasts," this phantom vampire is said to have appeared in Japan. In order to find and kill this "fourth true ancestor," the government and the Lion King Organization order the dispatch of attack mages called "sword-maidens." For some reason an apprentice named Yukina Himeragi was chosen for the task. Wielding the strongest spiritual spear, Yukina comes to the special demon district Itokami City. There she encounters Kojou Akatsuki and learns the true nature of the "fourth true ancestor."
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Haganai: I Don't Have Many FriendsAnime International Co., Inc.ComedyLight Novel~25minBlurb:Yozora's an abrasive loudmouth whose only friend at school is imaginary. She knows she's difficult - which makes her better off than Kodoka, a new transfer student who picked up an undeserved bad reputation the second he stepped on campus. Inspired by their shared status as social catastrophes, the two loners unite and start the Neighbors Club, an organization dedicated to finding other misfits and making friends. In no time, a third member joins their ranks: Sena, a pretty, popular rich girl who annoys Yozora to no end. With Kodoka in the middle of the chaos, the brash brunette and the blonde boy-magnet go 'round and 'round, even as the Neighbors Club begins to grow.
- TV-Series, 11 (2010)Princess JellyfishBrain's BaseComedyManga~25minPlain, timid and obsessed with jellyfish, Tsukimi is a far cry from her idea of a princess. Her tepid life as a jobless illustrator comes complete with roommates who harbor diehard hobbies that solidify their status as hopeless social rejects. These wallflowers run a tight nun-like ship, but their no-men-allowed-not-no-one-not-no-how bubble is unwittingly burst after Tsukimi brings home a rescued sea jelly and a beauty queen who s actually a guy. When threat of losing their cozy convent inspires this glamour boy to turn the neurotic entourage into a portrait of success, will Tsukimi take her chance to bloom or will she end up a hot mess?
- Bonus, 1 (2017)Recovery of an MMO Junkie: Moriko Logs In to Fruits de MerSIGNAL.MD, Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)Hakata Tonkotsu RamensSatelight Inc.ActionLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 10 (2012)Is This a Zombie? of the DeadStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyLight Novel~24minAyumu Aikawa must continue to fight the Megalo in place of Haruna, who continues to recharge her magical powers. While trying to figure out the mysteries behind the people who are releasing these Megalo in the world, Ayumu meets a beautiful, black-haired girl by chance, and she only has eyes... For his butt.
- TV-Series, 143 (1989)Ranma 1/2 (Season 2+)Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~23minIt's not easy being teenage martial artist Ranma Saotome, but it's even worse when your martial-artist father Genma takes you from home at an early age to go on a decade-long training mission. He doesn't speak a word of Chinese, and yet he insists upon bringing you to the cursed training ground known as Jusenkyo, where falling into one of the many springs there instantly turns you into whoever-or whatever-drowned there last. And then, the two of you have this little accident... From now on, a splash of cold water will turn your father into a giant panda, while you...well, you turn into a red-haired (and problematically well-built) female version of yourself. Hot water will reverse the effect, but only until the next time. What's a half-guy, half-girl to do?
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Aoharu x MachinegunBrain's BaseActionManga~24minHotaru Tachibana is a girl disguised as a boy. Through strange circumstances she finds herself drawn into the world of survival games by a host, Masamune Matsuoka. The two form a team with ero-manga artist Tohru Yukimura and aim to be the be the best in Japan.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Shimoneta: A Boring World Where the Concept of Dirty Jokes Doesn’t ExistJ.C.STAFFNonsense-ComedyLight Novel~24minIt's 16 years after the "Law for Public Order and Morals in Healthy Child-Raising" banned coarse language in the country. Tanukichi Okuma enrolls in the country's leading elite public morals school and is soon invited into the Anti-Societal Organization (SOX) by its founder, Ayame Kajō. As a member blackmailed into joining by Ayame, Tanukichi ends up taking part in obscene acts of terrorism against the talented student council president and his crush Anna.
- TV-Series, 13 (2013)Genshiken Second GenerationProduction I.G., Inc.ComedyManga~24minAnother college semester begins and the returning members of Genshiken attempt to recruit new club members. Three new members join the club, attracted by Ogiue's BL drawings. She welcomes the new members but fears the club will become a "rotten girls" haven for yaoi fans and is getting a bit too far removed from it's original purpose.
- OVA, 2 (1994)Ranma 1/2 OAV Series (Episode 7 - 8)Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~26minRanma Saotome continues his search for a way to become a normal teenage boy again. He gets into many hilarious situations involving the many girls in his life. One of the biggest challenges is overcoming the proposals from others who have found a suitable bride for Ranma. But he has his own worries and must muster up the best of his wits and martial arts to keep his sanity. It's not easy being desired by so many women (and men) and not breaking hearts of a few along the way. He just might be able to find it in his heart to confess to Akane or simply find another excuse that he can't marry such a tomboy girl.
- OVA, 3 (1995)Ranma 1/2 OAV Series (Episode 10 - 12)Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~26minRanma Saotome continues his search for a way to become a normal teenage boy again. He gets into many hilarious situations involving the many girls in his life. One of the biggest challenges is overcoming the proposals from others who have found a suitable bride for Ranma. But he has his own worries and must muster up the best of his wits and martial arts to keep his sanity. It's not easy being desired by so many women (and men) and not breaking hearts of a few along the way. He just might be able to find it in his heart to confess to Akane or simply find another excuse that he can't marry such a tomboy girl.
- TV-Series, 13 (2011)Mayo Chiki!feel.Romantic ComedyLight Novel~24minWhen you've got acute gynophobia, even a pretty girl can be like a malady, and as the sparring partner for his family of female wrestlers, Sakamachi Kinjiro has the worst case EVER! Just one touch makes his nose bleed, so school's a bloody nightmare even before Kanade, the Principal's twisted daughter, deduces both Kinjiro's "feminine issue" AND that his name contains the sounds "Chi" and "Kin" back to back. But Chi-Kinjiro's female troubles don't totally redline until a wrong turn in the men's room exposes the secret Subaru, Kanade's manservant, has been hiding in the water closet. (Well, to be fair, SHE is still a servant.) And if Subaru's cross reactions concerning her cross-dressing aren't enough of a drag, Kinjiro's girl problems also include a haunted martial artist (with ghosts,) a cat-eared fetishist (meow!) AND his own sister, who's interest in "wrestling" a certain incorrectly packaged butler, may result in an unexpected ending! And that's JUST the set up! The maiden parts will fly, the punchlines will be below the belt and the butler will be cross-dressed to kill as Kinjiro goes stark-raving "Girl Crazy" in MAYO CHIKI!
- TV-Series, 11 (2011)Wandering SonAnime International Co., Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minShuicihi Nitori appears to be a shy and quiet preteen boy, when he transfers to a new school he quickly makes friends with the tomboyish Yoshino Takatsuki who sits next to him. It soon becomes apparent that both Shucihi and Yoshino are more than simply a sensitive boy and masculine girl, they both are transgendered. Together they decide to take the first steps toward becoming the people they want to be.
- Other, 1 (2008)Ranma 1/2: Akumu! Shunmin KouStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~30minHapposai fed up with Ranma interfering with his hobby, decides to use a sleeping incense on him to make Ranma "sleep till spring".But Akane accidentally smells the incense and due to unforeseen side effects starts attacking everyone and everything in her sleep. Now the gang has to find a way to wake her up.
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Is This A Zombie?Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyLight Novel~25minSome guys have no luck; he's got no pulse. That's life for poor unfortunate, undead Ayumu. First, he was murdered by a serial killer. Total bummer. Then he was resurrected as a zombie by a cute little Necromancer. That seemed pretty cool until she moved into his house, refused to speak, and forced his rotting carcass to do all the cooking. After that, a magical girl in a pretty pink dress used her matching chainsaw to chop his corpse in half. Luckily, the Necromancer's powers of resurrection trumped those of the chainsaw chick, so instead of dying (again), Ayumu became the world's first magical girl zombie. There's also a voluptuous vampire ninja who thinks zombie boy is a pervert and a hideous crayfish demon who wants to devour him. Confused? All you gotta know is this: zombies, frilly dresses, demons, and more chainsaws. Pink. It s the new dead.
- TV-Series, 13 (1998)Legend of BasaraKSSAdventureManga~25minIn a small village, twins are born: a boy, Tatara, and a girl, Sarasa. The prophet Nagi declares that Tatara is the chosen one who will free Japan from the tyrannical rule of the King and his four sons. But when the ruthless Red King slays Tatara, Sarasa must take on her brother's name and responsibilities and embark on a quest to free Japan and deliver vengeance to the Red King.
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)My Bride is a MermaidAnime International Co., Inc., Gonzo K.K.Romantic ComedyManga~24minNagasumi's in hot water after a beautiful, young mermaid named Sun saves him from drowning. The deep-sea sweetheart's dad is a merman Yakuza prone to executing anyone who learns his family's scaly secret! Luckily, there's a catch - if Nagasumi agrees to marry Sun, he just might avoid sleeping with the fishes! Of course, the honeymoon ends before it even begins when Nagasumi finds his life flooded with gilled gangsters looking out for their boss's little girl. The kid's definitely in over his head, but there's no denying the mermaid's allure - Nagasumi's hooked and Sun's ready to come ashore!
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Magical Girl Raising ProjectLercheActionLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 50 (2002)Tenshi na KonamaikiTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~25minMegumi-chan is a girl with a secret past. She used to be a boy until she met a person she thought was a magic user. This person gave him/her a magical book from which a genie appears to grant one wish when blood is applied to it. Megumi made the wish to be a man in a man's body but the genie has a twist: he grants wishes backwards so he turns Megumi-kun aged 9 to Megumi-chan. Years pass and Megumi enters High School where she immediately beats up the school bully who of course falls in love with her. She is looking for that book again to be able to reverse the spell placed upon her.
- OVA, 1 (1992)Ranma 1/2: Tendou-ke no Oyobidenai Yatsura!Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~25min
- TV-Special, 1 (2015)Aoharu x Machinegun: This Is a Battlefield for Beasts!Brain's BaseAction ComedyManga~24minAfter Tooru hasn’t been heard from for three days, Hotaru enters his apartment to check on him. Luckily she can get him on his feet quickly and in the process finds a flyer for the air gun tournament TCC, in which she now desperately wants to participate together with Masamune and Tooru. Tooru’s initial warnings flippantly thrown to the wind, Hotaru gets the entire Toy Gun Gun team to participate in the tournament. At Team Hoshishiro, Ichi makes sure that Nagamasa and Takakora join her in the TCC. She has already made some important preparations for this tournament. Some of the participants in the tournament will thus be in for an unpleasant surprise …