- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Unknown, ? (?)Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni NattemashitaComedyLight Novel~?min
- Movie, 1 (2001)Spirited AwayStudio GhibliGhost StoriesOriginal Work~120minFrom one of the most celebrated filmmakers in the history of animated cinema comes the most acclaimed film of 2002. Hayao Miyazaki's latest triumph, filled with astonishing animation and epic adventure, is a dazzling masterpiece for the ages. It's a "wonderfully welcoming work of art that's as funny and entertaining as it is brilliant, beautiful, and deep" (Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal). SPIRITED AWAY is a wondrous fantasy about a young girl, Chihiro, trapped in a strange new world of spirits. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, she must call upon the courage she never knew she had to free herself and return her family to the outside world. An unforgettable story brimming with creativity, SPIRITED AWAY will take you on a journey beyond your imagination. "To enter the world of Hayao Miyazaki is to experience a kind of lighthearted enchantment that is unique to the world of animation" (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times). It's a fantastic tale the whole family will want to experience over and over again.
- TV-Series, 25 (2016)Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another WorldWhite FoxDramaLight Novel~25minAn autosave option can save your bum or it can be your worst enemy! Subaru Natsuki finds himself wondering about this very dilemma time after time, ever since being suddenly and mysteriously summoned to another world. Being the otaku that he is, he’s waiting for ‒ hoping for, really ‒ his new superpowers to awaken. Turns out, the one superpower that was bestowed upon him is turning back time. “Neat!,” one might think; too bad he has to die for his power to activate . . . and to make matters worse, nobody but him can remember anything from in-between “reaching his last checkpoint” and dying. Being saved by and instantly infatuated with a mysterious and beautiful girl with long silver hair, he wishes for nothing more than to repay her and get closer to her. How do you repay someone who saved you, though, if you’re all but powerless and just about all you can do is die?
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter experiencing a bizarre dream, Madoka Kaname, a kind 14-year-old girl, encounters a magical creature named Kyube. Madoka and her friend Sayaka Miki are offered the opportunity of gaining magical powers if they agree to make a contract with the strange little being. He will also grant them one wish, but in exchange they shall risk their lives by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Invisible to human eyes, witches are catalysts of despair in the areas they inhabit. An ally of Kyube, a magical girl named Mami Tomoe, befriends and encourages the two girls to accept the contract. For an unknown reason, another magical girl named Homura Akemi is determined to prevent Madoka from accepting the deal.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 2: EternalSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~110minMadoka learns from Kyubey, whose real identity is Incubator, that his species makes contracts to make girls into magical girls that inevitably become witches in order to use the energy that spawns from their despair to counter entropy in the universe. Kyouko, hoping for a chance that Sayaka can be made human again, takes Madoka with her to try and reach her humanity. This ultimately fails, with Kyouko choosing to sacrifice herself to destroy Sayaka with her. Meanwhile, it is revealed that Homura comes from another timeline, having relived the same month several times in the hope of saving Madoka from a grim fate at the hands of the ultimate witch, Walpurgisnacht. Homura attempts to face Walpurgisnacht, but is ultimately defeated and draws close to despair, feeling her efforts have become pointless. Just then, Madoka appears and uses the built up energy from several timelines to become a powerful magical girl capable of eliminating witches before they are born.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 3 - RebellionSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~116minMadoka Kaname used to be a normal girl living happy days of her life. This all ended when she sacrificed herself in order to save other magical girls from the utterly cruel fate that awaited them. Unable to let her memories of Madoka die, Homura Akemi continues to fight alone in the world that Madoka left behind for humanity in order to see her smile once more.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 1: BeginningsSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~130minIn the city of Mitakihara, a girl named Madoka Kaname, along with her friend, Sayaka Miki, encounter a creature named Kyubey and are saved from witches by a magical girl named Mami Tomoe. Kyubey offers Madoka and Sayaka the chance to have any one wish granted in exchange for becoming a magical girl and fighting witches, whilst Homura Akemi, another magical girl who recently transferred into Madoka's class, is strongly against Madoka becoming one. Before Madoka can make a decision, however, Mami is killed by a witch, leaving Madoka too afraid to become a magical girl. Sayaka, however, decides to become a magical girl herself in order to heal the hand of her childhood friend, Kyosuke Kamijou. As Sayaka soon comes into conflict with another magical girl named Kyouko Sakura, they, along with Madoka, learn the shocking truth that their soul gems, the source of their magical powers, literally contain their souls.
- Movie, 1 (2004)Howl's Moving CastleStudio GhibliAdventureNovel~119minIn Hayao Miyazaki's latest animated masterpiece, journey beyond imagination and enter a "breathtaking fantasy world" (Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times) filled with adventure, humor and heart. Sophie, a quiet girl working in a hat shop, finds her life thrown into turmoil when she is literally swept off her feet by a handsome but mysterious wizard named Howl. The vain and vengeful Witch of the Waste, jealous of their friendship, puts a spell on Sophie. In a life-changing adventure, Sophie climbs aboard Howl's magnificent flying castle and enters a magical world on a quest to break the spell.
- TV-Series, 51 (2008)Soul EaterBONES Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minMaka is a Meister and Soul is her weapon. Literally. Every freak she drops and every soul he sucks down strengthens their bond. And when the Grim Reaper sends them into battle against the supernatural forces of evil, you know like, witches and werewolves and zombies? Yeah, they re a freakin lethal team. Owning the ghouls that lurk in the shadows is what they re all about, and fighting alongside their Meister/Weapon friends, Maka and Soul are totally the last line of defense against evil.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World: Director's CutDramaLight Novel~50min
- Movie, 1 (2019)Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the OrionJ.C.STAFFAction DramaLight Novel~82minIn the anime movie to Danmachi, Gekijouban Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka: Orion no Ya, we once again follow Bell Cranel and his friends on their adventures. Bell, who has become quite popular by now, makes his way to the Dungeon as every day to earn his daily bread. On the way he not only gets an apple from the local fruit merchant, but of course also a delicious bento for the road from the charming waitress Syr. When he is in the dungeon with his carrier Lili and his companion Welf, the three decide to kill a couple more monsters today—after all there is a big party tonight and they want to indulge a little! While Bell strolls from stand to stand together with Hestia, Lili and Welf, the two girls get into their usual fight over “their Bell,” when they hear Hermes’ calls. He announces a competition: a great prize awaits the adventurer who can pull a lance out of a block of ice! Even though many a mighty adventurer fails, this task is easy for our Argonaut, but what awaits him now surprises everyone … The contest was a selection process of the goddess Artemis and Bell is now her chosen champion—her Orion—who must join her in battle to defeat the mysterious threat lurking outside Orario in distant, ancient ruins. Even though he’s an adventurer of the Hestia familia and now also Artemis’ chosen warrior, Bell finds himself thrown into an adventure that will test every one of his abilities and demand much courage—and that will, perhaps, turn him into the hero he always wanted to be …!
- TV-Series, 25 (2017)Little Witch Academia (TV)Trigger Inc.ComedyOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Yamada-kun & the 7 WitchesLiden Films Inc.ComedyManga~24minOne day, high school boy Yamada bumps into the beautiful female honor student Shiraishi on the stairs (literally), and their lips touch as they fall. When they regain their wits, they realize that they have swapped bodies. As time progresses, the two realize that this is not the only mysterious happening in the school.
- Movie, 1 (2017)Mary and the Witch's FlowerStudio PonocAdventureNovel~102min
- Movie, 1 (1989)Kiki’s Delivery ServiceStudio GhibliSlice of Life DramaNovel~103minKiki is an enterprising young girl who must follow tradition to become a full-fledged witch. Venturing out with only her chatty black cat, Jiji, Kiki flies off for the adventure of a lifetime. Landing in a far-off city, she sets up a high-flying delivery service and begins a wonderful experience of independence and responsibility as she finds her place in the world.
- Movie, 1 (2015)Little Witch Academia: Enchanted ParadeTrigger Inc.ComedyOriginal Work~53minStudent witches Akko, Sucy and Lotte are tasked with organizing a parade commemorating the role of witches for the annual town festival. Sleeping giants, ambitious mayors, insolent boys, the girls' own squabbling and copious amounts of magic combine to create a spectacular event.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Little Witch AcademiaTrigger Inc.ComedyOriginal Work~26minInspired by a magician named Shiny Chariot, the lively Akko Kagari enters the Little Witch Academia with the dream of one day becoming as cool as her idol.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Flying WitchJ.C.STAFFComedyManga~23min15-year-old Makoto Kowata is a witch. Accompanied by her black cat Chito, the somewhat aimless girl moved from Yokohama to live with her second cousin in Aomori in verdant northern Japan. (from manga)
- Movie, 1 (2018)Re: Zero kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu - Memory SnowWhite FoxComedyLight Novel~68min
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Grimoire of ZeroWhite FoxAdventureLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Record of Grancrest WarA-1 Pictures Inc.AdventureLight Novel~24min
- OVA, 3 (2017)UQ Holder! OVAsJ.C.STAFFDramaManga~23min
- OVA, 1 (2016)Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Is It Wrong to Exprect a Hot Spring in a Dungeon?J.C.STAFFAction ComedyLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Witch Craft WorksJ.C.STAFFAction ComedyManga~24minHonoka knows his classmate Ayaka is talented in both the pen and the sword, attractive in face and figure, and that everyone at school calls her the Princess. When he gets himself involved in the "Witch of the Tower" incident one day after school, however, he learns she is also a witch sent to protect him. From then on, his ordinary school life is completely turned upside down, as he discovers that most of his classmates are not what they seem.
- OVA, 13 (1990)Record of Lodoss War OVAMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureNovel~25minLodoss, The Accursed Island! Born in battle, baptizzed in fire, its kingdoms have been ravaged by war for thousands of years. Now, an evil stirs, an ancient goddess of destruction awakened by an evil wizard. A party of six is forged to defeat this threat, or die in the attempt. Join Parn, the young fighter, as he leads his warriors into the heart of a land where dragons rule and evil holds sway over the earth. Six swords are now drawn against this darkness. The war for Lodoss has begun!
- Movie, 1 (2016)Eiga Precure All Stars: Minna de Utau Kiseki no Mahou!Toei Animation Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~75minMirai and Rico come to the human world to play, but are separated when the witch Sorciere and her servant Torauuma suddenly appear. Their aim is to acquire the tears of the 44 Precure girls, using them for her "Most Evil Magic." Only the friendship of all 44 Precure girls will allow them to protect the world.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Mekakucity ActorsSHAFT Inc.Action DramaOther~24minHikikomori and NEET Shintaro Kisaragi, who shut himself inside his room for 2 years, had been living a quiet life until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared on his computer screen, when someone anonymously sent him a mysterious e-mail one year ago. When they got into a fight one day, Ene messes with Shintaro's PC, which thus breaks down and causes him to have to get a new one. This event led to him going outside for the first time in two years.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Maria the Virgin WitchProduction I.G., Inc.AdventureManga~24minDuring the Hundred Year's War between England and France in the Middle Ages, a powerful witch named Maria lives in a secret forest with her familiars. She hates the war around her, and will sometimes stir up trouble against the church that does nothing to stop it. Her interventions into the world, however, run against the plans of heaven, earning her the attention of the Archangel Michael.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Izetta, The Last WitchAJIADO CO.,LTD.Action DramaOriginal Work~25min
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere IISUNRISE Inc.Action ComedyLight Novel~25minAfter claiming sovereignty over the Japanese prefecture Mikawa, the flying city-ship Musashi seeks refuge by retreating to England. While initial talks with the reluctant ruler of England seem promising, sudden chaos ensues as the Musashi finds itself in the middle of a reenactment of the 1588 A.D. invasion of England by the Spanish Armada. Now the students of the Ariadust Academy must use their unique abilities to gain allies while simultaneously defending the resurrected heir to the Mikawa throne, Horizon, against the various world superpowers which are now their enemies.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test PlatoonSILVER LINK.ActionLight Novel~24minPeople with magic powers are close to being wiped out. Just as the balance of power and military might had once shifted from swords to sorcery, it shifts once again to guns. Takeru Kusanagi goes to "AntiMagic Academy," a training facility for Inquisitors of Heretics who crack down on the dwindling threat posed by magic users. However, Takeru cannot use guns at all and can only fight with a sword. As a result, he is relegated to the 35th Test Platoon, the motley "small fry platoon" for poor students. One day, Ōka Ōtori, the ultra-elite pistol master who already has her qualifications for witch-hunts, joins the platoon.
- OVA, 2 (2019)Magimoji Rurumo: The ConclusionJ.C.STAFFComedyManga~27min
- TV-Series, 12 (2010)Demon King DaimaoArtland Inc.Action ComedyLight Novel~24minAfter enrolling at the Constant Magic Academy, Akuto Sai discovers he's not just a gifted student with magical powers, he's destined to become the Demon King. Though he's not that crazy about the idea, it drives the girls wild! From the sexy school girls in his class to the skin-obsessed android who's programmed to seduce him, Akuto has no shortage of wacky girl trouble. How much temptation can a demon king take?
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)El Cazador de la BrujaBee Train Productions Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24minAll they have is each other. Ellis is an amnesiac with a bounty on her head, and Nadie’s trigger finger is the only thing keeping her friend from falling into the wrong hands. They’re looking for pieces of Ellis’s past, and every mile of open highway brings the girls closer together – but their special bond is bound to be tested. At the dusty border crossroads where ancient spirits and modern science meet, a storm of conspiracy is brewing low in the desert sky. Someone out there can explain the hazy mysteries of Ellis’s past. If she and Nadie just keep moving south, the Hunter and the Witch will get their answers soon enough.
- Other, 1 (2010)Pandane to Tamago-himeStudio GhibliAdventureOriginal Work~12min
- TV-Special, 51 (2008)Soul Eater Late NightBONES Inc.Nonsense-Comedy~2min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Magimoji RurumoJ.C.STAFFComedyManga~24minKota Shibaki is a perverted high school student in the Mysterious Discovery Club (MDC). When the MDC finds a witch summoning manual, Kota uses the text to wish for a girl's panties. Later, when his wish comes true, a witch named Rurumo appears and tells him he has 2 days to live. However, once Rurumo gets to know Kota she decides not to kill him and is demoted to a witch trainee. As a trainee Rurumo cannot use magic unless her contractor, Kota, makes a wish. Furthermore, Kota is given a book of magical tickets to make wishes. Once Kota has used up all the tickets Rurumo will be made a full witch again. However, unbeknownst to Rurumo, when Kota uses up all the magic tickets he will die. As Kota contemplates the dilemma he is in, between helping Rurumo and living, a peculiar relationship blossoms.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Soul Eater Not!BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minThree freshman girls: Tsugumi Harudori, a “normal girl” in every way; Meme Tatane, an airheaded girl; and Anya Hepburn, a tsundere princess, encounter and start their new lives at Death Weapon & Meister Academy (DWMA).
- TV-Series, 11 (2018)Dropkick on My Devil!Nomad Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 26 (2009)Umineko - When They CryStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual Novel~25minOn 4 October 1986, Kinzo Ushiromiya, the head of a wealthy family, who lives on and owns Rokkenjima, a secluded island, is near death, and eight of his family members arrive on the island to discuss how Kinzo's assets will be divided once he is dead. Also on the island are three family members who live there, five of Kinzo's servants, and his personal physician. After the eight family members arrive, a typhoon traps them on the island and shortly after people begin to be mysteriously murdered.