- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another World: Director’s CutWhite FoxDramaLight Novel~51min
- Movie, 1 (2001)Spirited AwayStudio GhibliGhost StoriesOriginal Work~120minFrom one of the most celebrated filmmakers in the history of animated cinema comes the most acclaimed film of 2002. Hayao Miyazaki's latest triumph, filled with astonishing animation and epic adventure, is a dazzling masterpiece for the ages. It's a "wonderfully welcoming work of art that's as funny and entertaining as it is brilliant, beautiful, and deep" (Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal). SPIRITED AWAY is a wondrous fantasy about a young girl, Chihiro, trapped in a strange new world of spirits. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, she must call upon the courage she never knew she had to free herself and return her family to the outside world. An unforgettable story brimming with creativity, SPIRITED AWAY will take you on a journey beyond your imagination. "To enter the world of Hayao Miyazaki is to experience a kind of lighthearted enchantment that is unique to the world of animation" (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times). It's a fantastic tale the whole family will want to experience over and over again.
- TV-Series, 25 (2016)Re:ZERO - Starting Life in Another WorldWhite FoxDramaLight Novel~26minAn autosave option can save your bum or it can be your worst enemy! Subaru Natsuki finds himself wondering about this very dilemma time after time, ever since being suddenly and mysteriously summoned to another world. Being the otaku that he is, he’s waiting for ‒ hoping for, really ‒ his new superpowers to awaken. Turns out, the one superpower that was bestowed upon him is turning back time. “Neat!,” one might think; too bad he has to die for his power to activate . . . and to make matters worse, nobody but him can remember anything from in-between “reaching his last checkpoint” and dying. Being saved by and instantly infatuated with a mysterious and beautiful girl with long silver hair, he wishes for nothing more than to repay her and get closer to her. How do you repay someone who saved you, though, if you’re all but powerless and just about all you can do is die?
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Puella Magi Madoka MagicaSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~24minAfter experiencing a bizarre dream, Madoka Kaname, a kind 14-year-old girl, encounters a magical creature named Kyube. Madoka and her friend Sayaka Miki are offered the opportunity of gaining magical powers if they agree to make a contract with the strange little being. He will also grant them one wish, but in exchange they shall risk their lives by accepting the responsibility of fighting witches. Invisible to human eyes, witches are catalysts of despair in the areas they inhabit. An ally of Kyube, a magical girl named Mami Tomoe, befriends and encourages the two girls to accept the contract. For an unknown reason, another magical girl named Homura Akemi is determined to prevent Madoka from accepting the deal.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 2: EternalSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~110minMadoka learns from Kyubey, whose real identity is Incubator, that his species makes contracts to make girls into magical girls that inevitably become witches in order to use the energy that spawns from their despair to counter entropy in the universe. Kyouko, hoping for a chance that Sayaka can be made human again, takes Madoka with her to try and reach her humanity. This ultimately fails, with Kyouko choosing to sacrifice herself to destroy Sayaka with her. Meanwhile, it is revealed that Homura comes from another timeline, having relived the same month several times in the hope of saving Madoka from a grim fate at the hands of the ultimate witch, Walpurgisnacht. Homura attempts to face Walpurgisnacht, but is ultimately defeated and draws close to despair, feeling her efforts have become pointless. Just then, Madoka appears and uses the built up energy from several timelines to become a powerful magical girl capable of eliminating witches before they are born.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Puella Magi Madoka Magica The Movie: Part 3 - RebellionSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~116minMadoka Kaname used to be a normal girl living happy days of her life. This all ended when she sacrificed herself in order to save other magical girls from the utterly cruel fate that awaited them. Unable to let her memories of Madoka die, Homura Akemi continues to fight alone in the world that Madoka left behind for humanity in order to see her smile once more.
- Movie, 1 (2012)Puella Magi Madoka Magica the Movie - Part 1: BeginningsSHAFT Inc.DramaOriginal Work~130minIn the city of Mitakihara, a girl named Madoka Kaname, along with her friend, Sayaka Miki, encounter a creature named Kyubey and are saved from witches by a magical girl named Mami Tomoe. Kyubey offers Madoka and Sayaka the chance to have any one wish granted in exchange for becoming a magical girl and fighting witches, whilst Homura Akemi, another magical girl who recently transferred into Madoka's class, is strongly against Madoka becoming one. Before Madoka can make a decision, however, Mami is killed by a witch, leaving Madoka too afraid to become a magical girl. Sayaka, however, decides to become a magical girl herself in order to heal the hand of her childhood friend, Kyosuke Kamijou. As Sayaka soon comes into conflict with another magical girl named Kyouko Sakura, they, along with Madoka, learn the shocking truth that their soul gems, the source of their magical powers, literally contain their souls.
- Movie, 1 (2004)Howl's Moving CastleStudio GhibliAdventureNovel~119minIn Hayao Miyazaki's latest animated masterpiece, journey beyond imagination and enter a "breathtaking fantasy world" (Kenneth Turan, Los Angeles Times) filled with adventure, humor and heart. Sophie, a quiet girl working in a hat shop, finds her life thrown into turmoil when she is literally swept off her feet by a handsome but mysterious wizard named Howl. The vain and vengeful Witch of the Waste, jealous of their friendship, puts a spell on Sophie. In a life-changing adventure, Sophie climbs aboard Howl's magnificent flying castle and enters a magical world on a quest to break the spell.
- TV-Series, 51 (2008)Soul EaterBONES Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minMaka is a Meister and Soul is her weapon. Literally. Every freak she drops and every soul he sucks down strengthens their bond. And when the Grim Reaper sends them into battle against the supernatural forces of evil, you know like, witches and werewolves and zombies? Yeah, they re a freakin lethal team. Owning the ghouls that lurk in the shadows is what they re all about, and fighting alongside their Meister/Weapon friends, Maka and Soul are totally the last line of defense against evil.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon?: Arrow of the OrionJ.C.STAFFAction DramaLight Novel~82minIn the anime movie to Danmachi, Gekijouban Dungeon ni Deai o Motomeru no wa Machigatte Iru Darou ka: Orion no Ya, we once again follow Bell Cranel and his friends on their adventures. Bell, who has become quite popular by now, makes his way to the Dungeon as every day to earn his daily bread. On the way he not only gets an apple from the local fruit merchant, but of course also a delicious bento for the road from the charming waitress Syr. When he is in the dungeon with his carrier Lili and his companion Welf, the three decide to kill a couple more monsters today—after all there is a big party tonight and they want to indulge a little! While Bell strolls from stand to stand together with Hestia, Lili and Welf, the two girls get into their usual fight over “their Bell,” when they hear Hermes’ calls. He announces a competition: a great prize awaits the adventurer who can pull a lance out of a block of ice! Even though many a mighty adventurer fails, this task is easy for our Argonaut, but what awaits him now surprises everyone … The contest was a selection process of the goddess Artemis and Bell is now her chosen champion—her Orion—who must join her in battle to defeat the mysterious threat lurking outside Orario in distant, ancient ruins. Even though he’s an adventurer of the Hestia familia and now also Artemis’ chosen warrior, Bell finds himself thrown into an adventure that will test every one of his abilities and demand much courage—and that will, perhaps, turn him into the hero he always wanted to be …!
- TV-Series, 25 (2017)Little Witch Academia (TV)Trigger Inc.ComedyOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Somali and the Forest SpiritSatelight Inc.AdventureManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Yamada-kun & the 7 WitchesLiden Films Inc.ComedyManga~24minOne day, high school boy Yamada bumps into the beautiful female honor student Shiraishi on the stairs (literally), and their lips touch as they fall. When they regain their wits, they realize that they have swapped bodies. As time progresses, the two realize that this is not the only mysterious happening in the school.
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)Slime Taoshite 300-nen, Shiranai Uchi ni Level Max ni NattemashitaREVOROOT Inc.ComedyLight Novel~?min
- Movie, 1 (1989)Kiki’s Delivery ServiceStudio GhibliSlice of Life DramaNovel~103minKiki is an enterprising young girl who must follow tradition to become a full-fledged witch. Venturing out with only her chatty black cat, Jiji, Kiki flies off for the adventure of a lifetime. Landing in a far-off city, she sets up a high-flying delivery service and begins a wonderful experience of independence and responsibility as she finds her place in the world.
- Movie, 1 (2017)Mary and the Witch's FlowerStudio PonocAdventureNovel~102min
- Movie, 1 (2015)Little Witch Academia: Enchanted ParadeTrigger Inc.ComedyOriginal Work~53minStudent witches Akko, Sucy and Lotte are tasked with organizing a parade commemorating the role of witches for the annual town festival. Sleeping giants, ambitious mayors, insolent boys, the girls' own squabbling and copious amounts of magic combine to create a spectacular event.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World: Memory SnowWhite FoxComedyLight Novel~60min
- Movie, 1 (2013)Little Witch AcademiaTrigger Inc.ComedyOriginal Work~26minInspired by a magician named Shiny Chariot, the lively Akko Kagari enters the Little Witch Academia with the dream of one day becoming as cool as her idol.
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Interspecies ReviewersPassione Co., Ltd.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2019)Red Shoes and the Seven DwarfesAdventureOther~92min
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Flying WitchJ.C.STAFFComedyManga~23min15-year-old Makoto Kowata is a witch. Accompanied by her black cat Chito, the somewhat aimless girl moved from Yokohama to live with her second cousin in Aomori in verdant northern Japan. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Grimoire of ZeroWhite FoxAdventureLight Novel~24min
- Movie, 1 (2020)Burn the WitchStudio Colorido Co., Ltd.ActionManga~63min“Burn the Witch” adapts the first few chapters of Tite Kubo’s manga series of the same name. Ninny Spangcole is a popular but annoyed pop idol of the band “Cecile Die Twice”—not a single quiet minute is to be had without several tabloid journalists and paparazzi hounding her for an interview. Ninny, however, has a solution and skilfully escapes these wannabe reporters by using magic—yup, magic! Ninny is a witch, and her work as a pop star in “Front London” is really just a sideline for her. In reality, she works with her partner Noel Niihashi for Wing Bind, an agency in “Reverse London” that is dedicated to protecting and managing dragons and defending the people from those very creatures. Thus, it also falls upon Ninny and Noel to take care of the young Balgo Parks, a “Dragonclad” that almost magically attracts dragons. Neither of them are particularly pleased with their role as babysitters for the naive and easy-going young man, but what don’t you do for your job …? However, when an execution order makes Balgo the target of high-ranking witches and wizards, the two young women find themselves between the fronts. And as though that weren’t enough, a former band mate of Ninny’s suddenly appears in “Reverse London,” even though normal people have absolutely no business there! Annotation: The story of this anime film is set after the events of the eponymous one-shot of July 2018, Tite Kubo’s pilot manga for the “Burn the Witch” series that started in August 2020.
- TV-Series, 24 (2013)Strike the BloodSILVER LINK.ActionLight Novel~24min"The fourth true ancestor" is a legendarily strong vampire that shouldn't exist. Accompanied by the 12 "gun-beasts," this phantom vampire is said to have appeared in Japan. In order to find and kill this "fourth true ancestor," the government and the Lion King Organization order the dispatch of attack mages called "sword-maidens." For some reason an apprentice named Yukina Himeragi was chosen for the task. Wielding the strongest spiritual spear, Yukina comes to the special demon district Itokami City. There she encounters Kojou Akatsuki and learns the true nature of the "fourth true ancestor."
- TV-Series, 24 (2018)Record of Grancrest WarA-1 Pictures Inc.AdventureLight Novel~24min
- TV-Special, 12 (2010)Magic KaitoTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.CrimeManga~24minKaito Kuroba is a normal teenage student whom loves being a magician and showing off to his classmates. His father dies in an accident 8 years prior and later finds out it was because of his fathers double life. Kaito finds out his father was a famous international criminal known as Kaitou Kid the Phantom Thief and that he was murdered by a mysterious organization for refusing to aid them in retrieving the "Pandora Gem”. He vows to prevent the organization from gaining the gem and assumes his father's secret identity as kaitou kid.
- OVA, 3 (2017)UQ Holder! OVAsJ.C.STAFFDramaManga~23min
- TV-Series, 12 (2020)Wandering Witch: The Journey of ElainaChallenge To ChallengeAdventureLight Novel~?min
- OVA, 1 (2016)Is It Wrong to Try to Pick Up Girls in a Dungeon? Is It Wrong to Exprect a Hot Spring in a Dungeon?J.C.STAFFAction ComedyLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Witch Craft WorksJ.C.STAFFAction ComedyManga~24minHonoka knows his classmate Ayaka is talented in both the pen and the sword, attractive in face and figure, and that everyone at school calls her the Princess. When he gets himself involved in the "Witch of the Tower" incident one day after school, however, he learns she is also a witch sent to protect him. From then on, his ordinary school life is completely turned upside down, as he discovers that most of his classmates are not what they seem.
- OVA, 13 (1990)Record of Lodoss War OVAMADHOUSE Inc.AdventureNovel~25minLodoss, The Accursed Island! Born in battle, baptizzed in fire, its kingdoms have been ravaged by war for thousands of years. Now, an evil stirs, an ancient goddess of destruction awakened by an evil wizard. A party of six is forged to defeat this threat, or die in the attempt. Join Parn, the young fighter, as he leads his warriors into the heart of a land where dragons rule and evil holds sway over the earth. Six swords are now drawn against this darkness. The war for Lodoss has begun!
- Movie, 1 (2016)Eiga Precure All Stars: Minna de Utau Kiseki no Mahou!Toei Animation Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~75minMirai and Rico come to the human world to play, but are separated when the witch Sorciere and her servant Torauuma suddenly appear. Their aim is to acquire the tears of the 44 Precure girls, using them for her "Most Evil Magic." Only the friendship of all 44 Precure girls will allow them to protect the world.
- OVA, 2 (2019)Magimoji Rurumo: The ConclusionJ.C.STAFFComedyManga~27min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Maria the Virgin WitchProduction I.G., Inc.AdventureManga~24minDuring the Hundred Year's War between England and France in the Middle Ages, a powerful witch named Maria lives in a secret forest with her familiars. She hates the war around her, and will sometimes stir up trouble against the church that does nothing to stop it. Her interventions into the world, however, run against the plans of heaven, earning her the attention of the Archangel Michael.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Mekakucity ActorsSHAFT Inc.Action DramaOther~24minHikikomori and NEET Shintaro Kisaragi, who shut himself inside his room for 2 years, had been living a quiet life until he met a cyber girl named Ene, who appeared on his computer screen, when someone anonymously sent him a mysterious e-mail one year ago. When they got into a fight one day, Ene messes with Shintaro's PC, which thus breaks down and causes him to have to get a new one. This event led to him going outside for the first time in two years.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Izetta, The Last WitchAJIADO CO.,LTD.Action DramaOriginal Work~25min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Anti-Magic Academy: The 35th Test PlatoonSILVER LINK.ActionLight Novel~24minPeople with magic powers are close to being wiped out. Just as the balance of power and military might had once shifted from swords to sorcery, it shifts once again to guns. Takeru Kusanagi goes to "AntiMagic Academy," a training facility for Inquisitors of Heretics who crack down on the dwindling threat posed by magic users. However, Takeru cannot use guns at all and can only fight with a sword. As a result, he is relegated to the 35th Test Platoon, the motley "small fry platoon" for poor students. One day, Ōka Ōtori, the ultra-elite pistol master who already has her qualifications for witch-hunts, joins the platoon.
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere IISUNRISE Inc.Action ComedyLight Novel~25minAfter claiming sovereignty over the Japanese prefecture Mikawa, the flying city-ship Musashi seeks refuge by retreating to England. While initial talks with the reluctant ruler of England seem promising, sudden chaos ensues as the Musashi finds itself in the middle of a reenactment of the 1588 A.D. invasion of England by the Spanish Armada. Now the students of the Ariadust Academy must use their unique abilities to gain allies while simultaneously defending the resurrected heir to the Mikawa throne, Horizon, against the various world superpowers which are now their enemies.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)Magia Record: Puella Magi Madoka Magica Side StorySHAFT Inc.Action DramaVideo Game~24minMagia Record: Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica Gaiden is a side story to the well-known Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica franchise based on the Magia Record smartphone game of the same name. This time the focus is not on Madoka herself, but on the young Iroha. In the flourishing little town of Kamihama, more and more Magical Girls, led by a mysterious power, arrive to do battle with their powers drawn from witches. Iroha, who came to Kamihama one day to look for her missing sister Ui, also joins the other Magical Girls and it doesn’t take long for an old acquaintance to make her appearance: Homura Akemi, who is looking for a way to save Madoka in Kamihama. Only Madoka herself doesn’t know anything about it … Soon Madoka, too, finds her way to the city in search of her missing friend Homura and the fates of the three girls—Iroha, Madoka, and Homura—who all fight for the ones they love, are intertwined in a strange way …