- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 37 (2006)Death NoteMADHOUSE Inc.CrimeManga~23minLight Yagami is an ace student with great prospects - and he's bored out of his mind. But all that changes when he finds the Death Note, a notebook dropped by a rogue Shinigami death god. Any human whose name is written in the notebook dies, and now Light has vowed to use the power of the Death Note to rid the world of evil. But when criminals begin dropping dead, the authorities send the legendary detective L to track down the killer. With L hot on his heels, will Light lose sight of his noble goal...or his life? Light tests the boundaries of the Death Note's powers as L and the police begin to close in. Luckily Light's father is the head of the Japanese National Police Agency and leaves vital information about the case lying around the house. With access to his father's files, Light can keep one step ahead of the authorities. But who is the strange man following him, and how can Light guard against enemies whose names he doesn't know?
- Web, 1 (2016)Wu Shan WuxingActionOriginal Work~5min
- Movie, 1 (1997)Princess MononokeStudio GhibliAdventureOriginal Work~133minYoung Ashitaka receives a fatal infection after a demonic wild boar attacks his northern village. Seeking a cure, he sets out to locate the deer-like god Shishigami. Along the way, he sees the rape of the Earth by a mining village. The constant plundering by the village has brought the wrath of the Wolf God, Moro, who attacks the village along with San, a human who was raised by the wolf god. She communicates with the nature spirits.
- OVA, 4 (2015)Kamisama Hajimemashita: Kako-henTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~30min
- Movie, 1 (2001)Spirited AwayStudio GhibliGhost StoriesOriginal Work~120minFrom one of the most celebrated filmmakers in the history of animated cinema comes the most acclaimed film of 2002. Hayao Miyazaki's latest triumph, filled with astonishing animation and epic adventure, is a dazzling masterpiece for the ages. It's a "wonderfully welcoming work of art that's as funny and entertaining as it is brilliant, beautiful, and deep" (Joe Morgenstern, Wall Street Journal). SPIRITED AWAY is a wondrous fantasy about a young girl, Chihiro, trapped in a strange new world of spirits. When her parents undergo a mysterious transformation, she must call upon the courage she never knew she had to free herself and return her family to the outside world. An unforgettable story brimming with creativity, SPIRITED AWAY will take you on a journey beyond your imagination. "To enter the world of Hayao Miyazaki is to experience a kind of lighthearted enchantment that is unique to the world of animation" (Roger Ebert, Chicago Sun-Times). It's a fantastic tale the whole family will want to experience over and over again.
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)Mushi-ShiArtland Inc.DramaManga~24minThere’s no effective way to describe the mushi – They simply are. They simply have been since life first began. As with many other things, man has forgotten how to see. And just as it’s difficult to describe the feel or texture of an object to someone who’s never held it in his own hands, to one who’s never seen the mushi… Between this world and the next, there is a point where it becomes impossible to distinguish between plant and animal, between life and death. It is a place man was never meant to tread… This is where you will find the mushi. Neither good nor evil, they are life in its purest form. An unseen river reshaping the path of man, through their very presence we are changed.Vulgar and strange, they have inspired fear in humans since the dawn of time and have, over the ages, come to be known as “mushi.”
- TV-Series, 26 (2013)Monogatari Series: Second SeasonSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24minTsubasa and Hitagi discover that Koyomi has gone missing and has urged them in a text message not to look for him. However, in his absence, new dangerous apparitions begin to appear and target Tsubasa, and Nadeko who are left to try and deal with them on their own. Meanwhile, Koyomi Shinobu, and Mayoi are dealing with serious problems of their own.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Noragami AragotoBONES Inc.ActionManga~24minThe struggling god Yato, his Regalia Yukine, and his devotee Hiyori return in this series of Noragami. The history behind Bishamon's grudge against Yato is revealed, while a brewing plot within her cadre of Regalia surfaces. Yato also has a brush with the god of fortune Ebisu, and he finds himself returning to his dark, destructive past.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Dragon Ball Super: BrolyToei Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~100min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Kamisama Kiss 2TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24minNanami continues being a 'Land God/Earth Deity' and as well being in love with her familiar, Tomoe. Still with Onikiri, Kotetsu and Tomoe, she is living with her new familiar Mizuki and Mamoru, a monkey shikigami. Her 'being a god' thing continues as she was given a test by Otohiko, a wind god, to determine her capability to attend the Divine Assembly in Izumo.
- OVA, 1 (2016)Kamisama Hajimemashita: Kamisama, Kekkon Zen’yaTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~13min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)NoragamiBONES Inc.ActionManga~24minYato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled "delivery god." Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a "hanyou," a person who can easily lose her soul. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a "sacred treasure" that can be used by a god. The three of them battle "you" who bring harm to humans as Yato's hidden history is gradually revealed.
- Movie, 1 (1988)My Neighbor TotoroStudio GhibliGhost StoriesOriginal Work~86minFollow the adventures of Satsuki and her four-year-old sister Mei when they move into a new home in the countryside. To their delight, they discover that their new neighbor is a mysterious forest spirit called Totoro, who can be seen only through the eyes of a child. Totoro introduces them to extraordinary characters - including a cat that doubles as a bus! - and takes them on an incredible journey.
- TV-Special, 4 (2014)Tsukimonogatari: Yotsugi DollSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~25minIn the short weeks leading up to Koyomi Araragi's graduation from high school, he experiences a troubling incident that leads him to question his humanity. While searching for answers he enlists the assistance of the human-like doll Yotsugi Ononoki in order to find out where the truth lies in the present and for the future.
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Kamisama KissTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24minNanami was just a normal high school girl down on her luck until a stranger’s lips marked her as the new Land God and turned her world upside down. Now, she’s figuring out the duties of a deity with the help of Tomoe, a reformed fox demon who reluctantly becomes her familiar in a contract sealed with a kiss. The new responsibilities—and boys—are a lot to handle, like the crow demon masquerading as a gorgeous pop idol and the adorable snake spirit who’s chosen the newly minted god to be his bride. As the headstrong Tomoe tries to whip her into shape, Nanami finds that love just might have cute, pointed fox ears.
- OVA, 2 (2015)Noragami Aragoto OADBONES Inc.ComedyManga~30min
- Movie, 2 (2015)Beyond the Boundary: I'll Be HereKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ActionLight Novel~90min
- TV-Series, 131 (2015)Dragon Ball SuperToei Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~23minAfter defeating Majin Buu, life is peaceful once again. Ordered by Chi-chi to earn money, Goku works even as he wants to train even more. Meanwhile, Goten, about to become a brother-in-law to Videl, sets out on a journey with Trunks to find her a present.
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Konohana KitanLercheSlice of Life DramaManga~24min
- TV-Series, 291 (1989)Dragon Ball ZToei Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~25minGoku is back with his new son, Gohan, but just when things are getting settled down, the adventures continue. Whether he is facing enemies such as Frieza, Cell, or Buu, Goku is proven to be an elite of his own and discovers his race, Saiyan and is able to reach Super Saiyan 3 form. He meets many new people, gaining allies and well as enemies, as he still finds time to raise a family and be the happy-go-lucky Saiyan he is.
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Beyond the BoundaryKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ActionLight Novel~24minConsidering his circumstances the young high school student Akihito Kanbara lives a pretty ordinary life in a world where supernatural creatures are living amongst the people. On first sight, he looks like any regular person, but he as well belongs to the world of the supernatural. Akhito is half Youmu, a creature, which gives him the ability to heal wounds so fast, that he is immortal. One day he sees a girl about to jump off the roof. He keeps her from jumping, putting himself, however, into a dangerous situation. Mirai Kuriyama belongs to the blood tamers, a very rare class of the Ghostworld, hated and hunted by the others. By saving her Akihito is pulled into the battle and he tries to protect her from there on.
- TV-Series, 52 (2006)KekkaishiSUNRISE Inc.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minYoshimori Sumimura is a 14-year-old student at Karasumori School. Following a tradition come down through generations, he is the 22nd Kekkaishi of the Sumimura clan. But he's also constantly fighting with his rival, Tokine Yukimura - a Kekkaishi herself and his childhood friend - about who is the rightful heir to the magical barrier arts. Protecting people from danger and growing stronger, Yoshimori will battle the forces of evil and protect the school grounds again tonight!
- Movie, 1 (2011)Children who Chase Lost VoicesCoMix Wave Films Inc.DramaOriginal Work~116minWhen she hears a strange song from a crystal radio, Asuna tunes into more than just a magical stream of music. Soon, she is transported to a mysterious world where mythical beasts roam and brave warriors fight for their lives. Agartha is a land of breathtaking beauty and unimaginable danger-a place where, it is believed, even the dead can be brought back to life. But at what cost?
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Good Luck Girl!SUNRISE Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24minThe 16 year old girl Sakura Ichiko is living a happy and content life. She's got good looks, she's healthy and intelligent – she's basically the perfect girl, which is mainly due to her sheer endless supply of the so-called happiness energy. However, every gift has its downsides: her happiness energy is supplied by the people in around her. This leads to an imbalance of the worlds energy reservoir and is thus a thorn in Momiji's side. She is the god of poverty and her aim is to get rid of Sakura's undesired ability, to send the energy to where it belongs.
- OVA, 2 (2014)Noragami OADBONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minThe God Yato decides to possess the body of Hiyori to get to know how is the life of a normal secondary student. Meanwhile Hiyori tries to recover her body, some funny and weird things happen.
- TV-Series, 112 (1992)Yu Yu Hakusho: Ghost FilesPierrot Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~24minFrom cutting classes to brawling in the streets, Yusuke Urameshi is not your typical role model. In fact, this kid’s nothing more than a fourteen-year-old delinquent with a talent for trouble. But in a single selfless act Yusuke dies while saving another. For such noble sacrifice he is given a second chance at life, but it’s to be a life far different than the one left behind. Now a Spirit Detective, the young man must track down demons and humans alike who desire to rule over the three realms of reality.
- Movie, 1 (2013)Dragon Ball Z: Battle of GodsToei Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~85minBeerus, the God of Destruction, travels to Earth in search of a good fight. Only Goku, humanity’s greatest hero, can ascend to the level of a Super Saiyan God and stop Beerus’s rampage!
- TV-Series, 13 (2019)The Morose Mononokean ⅡPierrot Plus Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)The Helpful Fox Senko-sanDoga KoboRomantic ComedyManga~24minThe single man Nakano works day in, day out at a company that demands the highest commitment from its employees and puts them in constant overtime. As a result, his life consists of working, eating and sleeping. He comes back from work late one evening, close to burnout, when a strange girl awaits him in his apartment. She cooked food for him and greets him like a wife at home. The girl, who calls herself Senko-san and claims to be a Kitsune (Japanese fox spirit), has reddish hair, fox ears and a magnificent fox tail. She is very small in stature and looks more like a 10-year-old. However, she tells him that she is 800 years old and that from now on she wants to pamper Nakano because for one he deserves it and also because he is the type of man she likes. Nakano, who is the younger of the two by large margin, agrees. But can he, who has always stood up reliably for others, really be pampered without remorse? And what will the people around him say about him suddenly living with a young girl who is obviously into cosplay and calls herself his “mother and wife”?
- Bonus, 4 (2005)Kamichu! (Specials)Brain's BaseSlice of Life DramaOriginal Work~26min
- Movie, 1 (2015)Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’Toei Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~95minFrieza is revived by two evil villains. He brings back his whole army with him. After training for four months in hell Frieza is now stronger than Mystic Gohan in his first form.
- TV-Series, 12 (2018)How to Keep a Mummy8bitComedyManga~24minSora Kashiwagi receives a mysterious and oversized package from his self-proclaimed “adventure dad.” However, not only does the package unexpectedly open itself, but it also hosts a little mummy, so tiny, that it fits in one of his palms.
- TV-Series, 10 (2014)Inari Kon KonProduction IMS Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24minInari Fushimi is a middle school girl who's never had a requited love, since she's a shy, clumsy and not very bright. One day, she witnesses her crush Kouji giving a letter to her classmate Akemi. Shocked and saddened, Inari rushes to a shrine, where the goddess Uka-no-Mitama-no-Kami appears to her. As thanks for saving a fox pup, as well as out of pity for her plight, the goddess grants Inari the power to shape-shift.
- TV-Series, 26 (2018)Kakuriyo: Bed & Breakfast for SpiritsGonzo K.K.?Light Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2012)Hiiro no Kakera: The Tamayori Princess Saga Season 2Studio DEEN Co., Ltd.Action DramaVisual Novel~24minAs the monster within Takuma begins to rise, Tamaki realizes that she loves him. However, Logos and allies they once trusted will do anything they can to separate the two. Everything from the past is revealed, and all that's left is to clear the way for a bright future. That is, if it's still possible.
- TV-Series, 13 (2008)Kannagi: Crazy Shrine MaidensA-1 Pictures Inc.ComedyManga~25minNagi is the local deity spirit of the town of Kannagi and she was able to take a physical form when Jin Mikuriya carved a wooden statue of her out of a block of wood from the sacred tree of his family shrine. Nagi's mission is to cleanse the impurities that plague the land, but since her sacred tree has been cut down, she can only do this with Jin's help. While pursuing an impurity, Nagi is reunited with her sister, Zange, who happens to have converted to Catholicism. Zange's power is greater than Nagi's due to her scared tree still being intact and becoming a local celebrity taking confessions on the street at night. The only way for Nagi to regain her power is to gather her own followers and gain popularity. Will you become one of Nagi's worshippers?
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)The Morose MononokeanPierrot Plus Co., Ltd.Ghost StoriesManga~24min
- OVA, 1 (2015)Haiyore! Nyaruko-san FXEBECComedyLight Novel~28min
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Kamigami no AsobiBrain's BaseRomanceVisual Novel~24minYui Kusanagi is ordered by Zeus, a god and the headmaster of a school he created, to teach the meaning of love to young and handsome gods. The reason he has for doing this is to cancel the negative effects of the weakening bond between the world of the divine and the world of the humans.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Matoi the Sacred SlayerWhite FoxAction ComedyOriginal Work~25min