- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Format: yyyy-mm-dd
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Movie, 1 (2017)A Tang Qi YuLight Chaser Animation StudiosAdventure~98min
- TV-Series, 13 (2017)Made in AbyssKinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2017)No Game, No Life ZeroMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaLight Novel~106minSix thousand years before Sora and Shiro were even a blink in the history of Disboard, war consumed the land, tearing apart the heavens, destroying stars, and even threatening to wipe out the human race. Amid the chaos and destruction, a young man named Riku leads humanity toward the tomorrow his heart believed in. One day, in the ruins of an Elf city, he meets Shuvi, a female exiled “Ex-machina” android who asks him to teach her what it means to have a human heart.
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C. 2nd GIGProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~25minSet in a re-imagined Hong Kong at a time when cyberspace is expanding into human reality, the story follows top cyberwarrior Major Motoko Kusanagi as she hovers on the border of total immersion in the digital world.
- Movie, 1 (1995)Ghost in the ShellProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~79minIn the year 2029, the barriers of our world have been broken down by the net and by cybernetics, but this brings new vulnerability to humans in the form of brain-hacking. When a highly-wanted hacker known as "The Puppetmaster" begins involving them in politics, Section 9, a group of cybernetically enhanced cops, are called in to investigate and stop the Puppetmaster. The pursuit will call into question what makes a human and what is the Puppetmaster in a world where the distinction between human and machine is increasingly blurry.
- TV-Special, 1 (2006)Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Solid State SocietyProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~105minA.D. 2034. It has been two years since Motoko Kusanagi left Section 9. Togusa is now the new leader of the team that has considerably increased its appointed personnel. The expanded new Section 9 confronts a rash of complicated incidents and investigations reveal that an ultra-wizard hacker nicknamed the Puppet Master" is behind the entire series of events.
- Movie, 1 (2010)Time of Eve: The MovieStudio Rikka Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work~105minSometime in future Japan, androids have been involved in every aspect of peoples lives. One day, upon checking his android's behavioral log, Rikuo, a student, noticed his android's returning times have been odd recently. With his friend Masaki, they found out the place where his android, Sammy, have been visiting: a small cafe called Eve no Jikan where androids and human are not seen as different. Upon talking with the "people" in the cafe and discovering more of Sammy's behavior, Rikuo changed his view about androids and treat them as friends rather than tools. At the same time, elsewhere in Japan, the Ethics committee is trying to impose policies to reduce the involvement and use of androids in society.
- TV-Series, 26 (2002)Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone ComplexProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~25minMajor Motoko Kusanagi is a beautiful but deadly cyborg that is squad leader of Section 9-the Japanese government's clandestine unit assigned to battle terrorism and cyber warfare. Surrounded by an expertly trained team, Motoko faces her ultimate challenge- the Laughing Man - a terrorist who orchestrated a kidnapping and extortion plot many years ago and has suddenly reappeared. In order to discover the identity of this enigmatic criminal, Motoko and Section 9 are drawn into a deadly labyrinth and they ll have to use all their expertise to survive.
- TV-Series, 23 (2006)Ergo Proxymanglobe Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minA domed city, Romd is home to both humans and robots. The two races peacefully live together, both under the control of the government. This doesn't last forever, however, as the surprise attack on a reporter by a mysterious being that is not clearly robot or human sparks an all-out war which may just be the awakening.
- Web, 6 (2008)Time of EveStudio Rikka Ltd.Slice of Life DramaOriginal Work~17minIn the not too distant future androids have come into common usage. Taking the androids for granted, humans treat them as if they were common everyday tools, while on the other hand, some people empathize with androids due to their human-like appearance (save for a digital ring floating above their heads). This has become a social problem and these people are frowned upon as a result. Rikuo, one who has taken androids for granted for his entire life, one day discovers that Sammy, his home android, has been acting strangely and finds a strange phrase recorded in her activity log. He, along with his friend Masaki, traces Sammy's footsteps and come upon an unusual cafe. This cafe's main rule is to not discriminate between humans and androids.
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)Plastic MemoriesDoga KoboSlice of Life DramaOriginal Work~24minIn a future not too far away, androids that look exactly like humans begin to spread across the world. The android production company SA Corp. produced Giftia, a new kind of android that has the most amount of emotion and human-like qualities out of any other model ever seen. However, due to problems in technology, the androids have a service life, and once they pass that, it gets pretty bad. For this reason, SA Corp. creates a terminal service in order to retrieve Giftia that have gone past their service life. A new employee at the terminal service named Tsukasa Mizugaki forms a team with the Giftia Isla to retrieve the other androids.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Kingsglaive: Final Fantasy XVVisual WorksActionVideo Game~116min
- Movie, 1 (2004)Ghost in the Shell 2: InnocenceProduction I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~99minThe heavily cyborged police officer Batou, newly partnered with the mostly-human Togusa after the diappearance of Major Motoko Kusanagi, is assigned to investigate a series of murders committed by prototype "sexaroids"—female androids created for sex.
- Movie, 1 (2015)Ghost in the Shell: The New MovieProduction I.G., Inc.Action~100minSet in a futuristic Japan after the end of a brutal world war, science has advanced by leaps and bounds giving humanity the choice to prolong life and reduce suffering with the use of sophisticated cybernetics. With all of humanity linked into one system of minds and personalities known as ghosts, the biggest threat to civilization is the cyber terrorists capable of hijacking people's bodies and memories. When a ghost-infecting virus known as Fire-Starter begins spreading through the system resulting in the assassination of the Japanese Prime Minister, Major Motoko Kusanagi and her elite team of special operatives are called in to track down its source. As they delve deeper and deeper into their investigation, they uncover traces of government corruption and a shadowy broker that bears an all-too-familiar face.
- TV-Series, 61 (2014)Dragon Ball Z Kai: The Final ChaptersToei Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~23min
- OVA, 4 (2013)Ghost in the Shell: AriseProduction I.G., Inc.ActionManga~58minIn the year 2027, a year following the end of the non-nuclear World War IV, a bomb has gone off in Newport City, killing a major arms dealer who may have ties with the mysterious 501 Organization. Public Security official Daisuke Aramaki hires full-body cyber prosthesis user and hacker extraordinaire, Motoko Kusanagi, to investigate. On the case with her are Sleepless Eye Batou, who believes Kusanagi is a criminal, Niihama Prefecture Detective Togusa who is investigating a series of prostitute murders he believes are related to the incident, and Lieutenant Colonel Kurtz of the 501 Organization who also wishes to keep an eye on Kusanagi. Freed of her responsibilities with the 501 Organization, Motoko Kusanagi must now learn how to take orders from Aramaki. When unknown forces hack the Logicomas, Batou enlists the help of former army intelligence officer Ishikawa and former air artillery expert Borma. Kusanagi also seeks to enlist ace sniper Saito and undercover cop Paz into the new Public Security Section 9. The two groups rival each other in a case involving a man who receives false memories of a refugee transport operation.
- OVA, 4 (2014)Hybrid ChildStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.DramaManga~25minKotarou found Hazuki at the trash dump one day and took him into his home. It turned out that Hazuki was a Hybrid Child, a doll that grew and developed in response to its owner's love and attention. (from manga)
- OVA, 6 (2004)Gunbuster 2Gainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~29minDecades after the birth of the Gunbuster legend? Acclaimed studio GAINAX returns with an epic sequel!! A young girl named Nono has left her home behind, to come alone to the big city. She has a grand dream of becoming a space pilot. But reality is harsh, and she spends every day instead at the diner near the spaceport where she lives and works. Then one day, while being harassed by one of the regular customers, a real-life "Topless" pilot named Lal'C comes to her aid. Nono, who is deeply impressed, starts on her own accord to call Lal'C "On?ama," and volunteers herself by saying, "I want to become a space pilot like you!"
- TV-Series, 26 (2011)Nichijou: My Ordinary LifeKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Nonsense-ComedyManga~24minThe ordinary life of the peculiar students from class 1-Q and their odd acquaintances.
- TV-Series, 24 (2008)Casshern SinsMADHOUSE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minCasshern, a cybernetic assassin with no memory of his past, awakens in a corrosive wasteland where nothing survives for long. A plague known as the Ruin sweeps across this once-vibrant world, reducing everything in its path to rubble and scattering any chance for salvation. Robots and humans alike - or what little remains of them - seek vengeance against Casshern for the life he took and the role he played in their Ruin. A machine built to kill, Casshern murdered the last hope for this world, but now, lost in a future he does not recognize, he will fight to save the dying.
- OVA, 1 (2006)Ghost in the Shell: S.A.C 2nd GIG - Individual ElevenProduction I.G., Inc.ActionManga~163minTaking the "A" Story from Second Gig. When a series of terroists attacks commited by a group called the Individual Eleven becomes attributed to the already sensitive refugee problem. It's up to Section 9 to solve the problem. and The Major finds a suprising link to her past.
- Movie, 1 (2008)Ghost in the Shell 2.0Production I.G., Inc.Action DramaManga~83minIn 2029 a sentient computer virus is smuggled into an unspecified country. Several prominent scientists from the project also try to defect. Meanwhile, Major Motoko Kusanagi, a cyborg agent with the government's secret Internal Affairs team Section 9, is troubled by a series of crimes committed by the Puppet Master a terrorist who hacks into the minds of innocent citizens. The Puppet Master proves difficult to track leaping from the brain of a ministerial translator to a humble garbage man, to a small-time criminal. Though all the suspects are eventually apprehended, they are mere shells the crucial soul, or ghost of the Puppet Master has already found a new host by the time the squad arrives. In fact, the Puppet Master is not a foreign criminal at all, but a creation of Section 6, a rival espionage wing with the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Section 6 has been using the Puppet Master to create terrorist incidents and crimes that are then used by the government to justify unwelcome new policies and laws, but the artificially-created intelligence has now turned on its former masters. The Puppet Master asks for political asylum, but its latest body (a new cyborg fresh off the assembly line) is stolen by agents of Section 6. Kusanagi and Batou track it down to a remote location, where a gravely wounded Motoko is finally able to link with the Puppet Master. She has become troubled by the false memory incidents around her, and wants to question it about what makes it sentient. The Puppet Master reveals that to truly be alive, it must gain the ability to reproduce and die. It proposes that the two of them merge their souls to form a new being... In terms of CGI, there are over 90 cuts that have been altered and enhanced. And what with extensive use of filter effects and colour correction techniques throughout the rest of the film, it s fair to say that pretty much the entire movie has been enhanced in some way. Mamoru Oshii is talking of his latest cinema release, an enhanced director's cut of his 1995 masterpiece Ghost in the Shell, intended for a new generation of filmgoers, and a new generation of film technology.
- TV-Series, 10 (2015)Ghost in the Shell: Arise – Alternative ArchitectureProduction I.G., Inc.Action~25minThe story follows Motoko Kusanagi, a highly skilled member of the military, whom upon meeting Daisuke Aramaki, a current chief of the Public Security Section 9, in less than desirable conditions struggles to clear her name whilst forming her own independent team with the highest priority under the sponsorship and guidance of the chief Aramaki himself.
- TV-Series, 24 (2017)Rage of Bahamut: Virgin SoulMAPPA Co., Ltd.AdventureVideo Game~24min
- Movie, 2 (2019)Made in Abyss (Compendium Films)Kinema Citrus Co., Ltd.AdventureManga~113min
- TV-Series, 291 (1989)Dragon Ball ZToei Animation Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~25minGoku is back with his new son, Gohan, but just when things are getting settled down, the adventures continue. Whether he is facing enemies such as Frieza, Cell, or Buu, Goku is proven to be an elite of his own and discovers his race, Saiyan and is able to reach Super Saiyan 3 form. He meets many new people, gaining allies and well as enemies, as he still finds time to raise a family and be the happy-go-lucky Saiyan he is.
- Web, 5 (2016)PlanetarianDavid Production Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~19min
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)Space Dandy Season 2BONES Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work~24minSpace Dandy is a space hunter, someone who is paid to search for new, undiscovered alien species. It's an industry where the prize goes to the person who finds aliens the fastest. Dandy searches unknown planets for strange beings with his companions, QT the worn-out robot and Meow from Betelgeuse. Meanwhile, they're being chased by minions of the Gogol Empire, for reasons that are still a mystery.
- Movie, 1 (2013)HalWIT STUDIO, Inc.RomanceOriginal Work~60minKurumi’s heart was broken by the sudden death of her boyfriend in a tragic airplane accident. Forced to carry on without her beloved Hal, she fell into a reclusive and joyless existence. Kurumi had given up on the world, but a brilliant scientist devised a plan to win her back. By melding futuristic technology with the binary equivalent of human emotion, they created an ultra-lifelike robotic surrogate to take Hal’s place – and lure Kurumi from her shroud of solitude. Resistant at first, this shattered beauty slowly yielded to her feelings of longing – and took comfort in the company of a robot.
- TV-Series, 12 (2010)Heaven's Lost Property ForteAnime International Co., Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~25minThe hormonal, heavenly hijinks continue in Heaven’s Lost Property: Forte! Tomoki’s life was normal until a wish-granting angelic android named Ikaros fell from the sky and started calling him master. Things got even crazier when Ikaros’s fellow android, Nymph, came fluttering down to join the fun. With the winged vixens adjusting to life on Earth, you’d think Tomoki’s dream of a peaceful existence might finally be coming true – but you’d be wrong! With his teenage impulses and dirty mind, Tomoki’s wishes are causing more chaos than ever before. Plus, there’s a curvy new android on the scene – Astraea. She definitely looks as angelic as Ikaros and Nymph, but there’s a chance the beautiful blonde newcomer is up to no good!
- Movie, 1 (2017)Blame!Polygon PicturesAction DramaManga~106minIn the post-apocalyptic future, the complex networks of machines have created chaos and the human world was destroyed. The robots known as the "Constructer" continued to build a meaningless structure with no one to guide them. Soon these cities reach out to the outer planets and another breed of life form emerges. Follow the journey of a strange man, name Killy, in his search for the understanding of the chaotic world being run by Silicon lifeforms out to destroy him and every living thing in their path. (from manga)
- TV-Series, 26 (2002)ChobitsMADHOUSE Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~25minIn the near future, personal computers take the form of toys figures, animals or even people, called Persocons (persocons actually means PC or personal computer in Japanese).Hideki Motosuwa is a poor student who failed his entrance exams to get into college. So, Hideki is forced to move to the city, get a job, and attend cram school in hopes of passing the next college entrance exam. He of course, wants a Persocon for himself, but is way too poor to afford one. One day, while passing a building, He finds a Persocon in a trash heap. However, his new find doesn't seem to be like the others he's heard about. She doesn't seem to have any operating system at all, and only says "Chii". As Hideki learns more about his Persocon (aptly named "Chii"), he finds that she is not of any known type, and most likely some sort of homemade model. He also learns of the rumor of the "Chobits", Persocons with the ability to think for themselves, instead of running only complex programs. What is this mysterious persocom and why was she in the trash? Hideki has a mystery to solve and still pass his classes at the same time.
- Movie, 1 (2014)Expelled From ParadiseGraphinica, Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~103minMost of humanity has evolved into an existence where each being is turned into data that composes their personalities living inside Deva, an utopian society which governs its individuals through a virtual reality interface in a base above earth´s atmosphere. The continuous interference of a hacker from planet Earth called Frontier Setter is seen as threat and Deva sends security agent Angela Balzac to deal with it. She will have the assistance of Dingo, a terrestrian agent who refused to join Deva.
- TV-Series, 12 (2013)Arpeggio of Blue Steel: Ars NovaSanzigen Inc.ActionManga~24minBy 2039, global warming had caused sea levels to rise and large amount of territory to be lost. As though in response, a mysterious group of warships clad in mist, “the Fleet of Mist,” appeared in every corner of the ocean, and began attacking human ships. In spite of humanity mustering all their strength, they were utterly defeated by the Mist's overwhelming force. All of humanity's trade routes were blockaded by the Fleet of Mist, their political economy was destroyed, and the human race was steadily beaten down. Seven years later, the Fleet of Mist's submarine I-401 appears before cadet Gunzo Chihaya. The humanoid life form that pilots the sub, who should be their enemy, is instead offering her services to mankind.
- Movie, 1 (2016)Planetarian (Movie)David Production Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~117min
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Dimension W3Hz Inc., Orange Co., Ltd.ActionManga~24minHumanity harnessed a new inexhaustible energy from inventions called "Coils" in 2051. In 2072, a skilled recovery specialist named Kyōma Mabuchi encounters a mysterious, beautiful woman right in the middle of a certain job. It is a fateful encounter that opens the door to the new dimension "W." (from manga)
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)Space DandyBONES Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work~24minSpace Dandy is a space hunter, someone who is paid to search for new, undiscovered alien species. It's an industry where the prize goes to the person who finds aliens the fastest. Dandy searches unknown planets for strange beings with his companions, QT the worn-out robot and Meow from Betelgeuse. Meanwhile, they're being chased by minions of the Gogol Empire, for reasons that are still a mystery.
- OVA, 1 (2005)Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - The Laughing ManProduction I.G., Inc.ActionManga~159minThe year is 2030 and six years have passed since a criminal known only as The Laughing Man swept through top medical nanotechnology firms committing acts of cyber-terrorism, kidnapping, extortion, and corporate espionage leaving no known suspects. New information is revealed to Japan's top homeland security force, drawing Major Kusanagi and Section 9 into the hunt for a suspect capable of hacking the eyes of every operative, obscuring all details of his appearance and leaving behind a trail of copycats and hacked cyborg citizens. The Laughing Man tells the story of the entire first season of Stand Alone Complex as a 2-hour film.
- OVA, 6 (2000)FLCLProduction I.G., Inc., Gainax Co., Ltd.Nonsense-ComedyOriginal Work~25minBlurb: Naota wants to be normal. But with a talented brother leaving Japan for the US to play baseball, everyone now looks at him a bit differently. His brothers girlfriend is acting strange and now theres an even stranger girl hitting on him.Literally. With a bass guitar. Oh, did I mention the robots that keep springing from his head?
- Movie, 1 (2011)Heaven’s Lost Property the Movie: The Angeloid of ClockworkAnime International Co., Inc.Nonsense-ComedyManga~96minA short flashback of what happened in prequel of Heaven's Lost Property series until there's an Angel, Hiyori Kazane who is dreaming while her real body is in heaven. She had a crush on the main protagonist, Tomoki Sakurai who fight until the end where the world has memory about Hiyori erased when she died in her dream and returned to her real body. She wanted to return to her dream so much that she got modified into an Angeloid of Clockwork by heaven's master but got back consciousness with help of Tomoki. However, it was not enough to save her life.