- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 24 (2012)The Pet Girl of SakurasouJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyLight Novel~24minSakurasou – the dormitory for the "troublemakers". This is where Kanda Sorata lives. One day the young Shiina Mahshiro moves in. He immediately feels attracted to her and charges himself with the duty to protect her from the "real" problem students. But Shiina isn't like any other girl, while being extremely talented and gifted, she is an utter mess and in no state to live by herself. This leads to a very reluctant relationship...
- TV-Series, 25 (2010)Bakuman.J.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24minTop student Akito is willing to do anything to become a hit writer in the Japanese comics industry, including manipulating his unsure classmate Mashiro into becoming his illustrator. Before long the pair have their backs up against the wall, fighting for a chance to get noticed in the intense world of manga publishing. Annotation: The dual-audio US-Release has been cancelled after the first DVD-Volume (7 episodes). Complete Sets have been released in UK and Australia later, but subtitled only.
- TV-Series, 15 (2009)BakemonogatariSHAFT Inc.Ghost StoriesLight Novel~24minBakemonogatari is about the high school student Koyomi Araragi who is bitten by a vampire during the annual Japanese Golden Week. Since then, he sees strange and supernatural beings like ghosts and demons. Another paranormal event occurs when he saves his classmate Hitagi Senjougahara after she fell down the stairs: Hitagi's weight is extraordinarily little. Therefore, he decides to solve Hitagi's secret and find a solution for his own problem as well. Every story arc deals with Koyomi and the mysterious young girl Hitagi; Koyomi slowly starts to believe that Hitagi might be a central point and of enormous importance to solve the strange happenings.
- TV-Series, 25 (2019)Fruits Basket: Season 1TMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24minAfter having gone through family tragedy, the world of the 16-year-old high-school student Tooru Honda is turned upside down. She packs her things and moves out … into a tent! Unfortunately, she manages to set up her tent on the private property of the mysterious Souma Clan and it doesn’t take the owner very long until he learns her secret. The Souma Clan, however, has its very own secret as Tooru is soon to find out. When members of the Clan are embraced by a person of the opposite sex, they transform into animals from the Chinese zodiac signs!
- TV-Series, 12 (2017)Tsukigakireifeel.RomanceOriginal Work~24min
- OVA, 4 (2004)Tsuki wa Higashi ni Hi wa Nishi ni -Operation Sanctuary- Mikoto HenRadix Ace Entertainment Co., Ltd.?Visual Novel~12min
- Movie, 1 (2015)The Anthem of the Heart: Beautiful Word Beautiful WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaOriginal Work~120minLong ago, the young girl Jun Narase dreamed of one day attending a ball at the glamorous castle on the hill. After once seeing her father driving out of that castle, she returned home to excitedly tell her mother, not realizing she'd just described her father's infidelity. And so her family falls apart, and after her father tells her it was all her fault, she falls into despair until a strange egg tells her she can save herself from further heartbreak, and maybe even find her prince on a hill. All it would take is to forever seal away her dangerous voice. -- Nick Creamer
- TV-Series, 25 (2013)Chihayafuru Season 2MADHOUSE Inc.GanbatteManga~23minAfter an exciting year for the Mizusawa High School karuta club, a new semester begins as two new members join the group. More passionate than ever for the old card game, Chihaya sets ambitious goals for herself and for her friends. They compete in two extremely arduous high school championships.
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)Major 2nd SeasonStudio Hibari Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~25minGoro's dream is to become a professional baseball player like his father. As he strives through the path towards the pro league, from infancy to adulthood, his passion for the game galvanizes all of those around him.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Mob Psycho 100BONES Inc.Action ComedyManga~24minThis anime revolves around the 14 year old Shigeo Kageyama, also known as Mob, who “explodes” when his emotional capacity reaches 100 %. Shigeo, with his supernatural powers, earned his nickname, because no one would notice him were he in a big crowd. He usually keeps his powers sealed, so that he can lead a normal life and not harm anyone. However, when he reaches his 100 % limit, an overwhelming force that he cannot control surges through his entire body.
- TV-Special, 1 (2018)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K. Season 3EGG FIRM, J.C.STAFFComedyManga~46min
- OVA, 2 (2011)Sekai Ichi Hatsukoi: World's Greatest First Love OVAStudio DEEN Co., Ltd.RomanceManga~22minOnodera Ritsu remembers when he first fell in love with his senpai Masamune Saga while Hatori and Yoshino go through some insecurities regarding their relationship.
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)Non Non Biyori NonstopSILVER LINK.ComedyManga~24min
- Movie, 6 (2017)Girls und Panzer: SaishuushouActas Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work~47min
- TV-Series, 24 (2002)Full Metal Panic!Gonzo K.K.ActionLight Novel~23minOn the surface, Kaname Chidori appears to be a normal, popular high school student. The problem is, she doesn't realize just how popular she is. Unbeknownst to her, a group of terrorists believe she possesses the special powers of "the Whispered," and they're out to kidnap her. Enter Sousuke Sagara, a young, hotshot agent from the stealthy anti-terrorist organization Mithril. Will he be able to protect Kaname without her finding out what's really going on? Or will he just drive her crazy as he tries to fit in as her awkward, gung-ho, war-crazed classmate?
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)Fruits Basket: The Final SeasonTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2019)Kono Oto Tomare!: Sounds of Life Season 2Platinumvision Co., Ltd.DramaManga~24minKono Oto Tomare! (2019), the second season of the anime adaptation of Amyuu’s manga of the same name, continues the story of Takezou, Chika, Satowa, and the koto club of their school. The school competition of the koto clubs is in full swing and because nothing can ever go smoothly, Chika injures his hand when he saves Satowa from a tumbling koto. With his hand injury, he struggles to play and the performance of the whole club suffers for it—it just won’t sound right … But through pure willpower they finally manage to pull themselves together and deliver a worthy performance that takes the audience’s breath away! However, Chika is now left with his hand both, injured and strained, and has to put up with a one-month time-out and while Satowa and Hiro are plagued by guilt, Satowa’s rival Kazusa voices heavy accusations against Chika and the club … How will things continue for Chika, Takezou and co?
- TV-Series, 13 (2015)My Teen Romantic Comedy: SNAFU TOO!feel.Romantic ComedyLight Novel~25min
- TV-Series, 99 (2012)Space BrothersA-1 Pictures Inc.Slice of Life DramaManga~24minWhen they were young, the brothers Mutta and Hibito promised each other they would become astronauts. Now, in 2025, Hibito has followed his dream to become the first Japanese on the moon, but Mutta has just been fired from his job. His brother reminds him of their childhood promise, and Mutta decides once again to aim for space.
- TV-Series, 12 (2007)ef: a tale of memories.SHAFT Inc.Sentimental DramaVisual Novel~24minOn Christmas Eve, Hiro Hirono meets a girl named Miyako Miyamura as she chases a purse snatcher. Hiro later finds out that Miyako also goes to the same school as he does and they start hanging out together. This makes Hiro's childhood friend, Kei Shindō, feel left out, so she tries to compete with Miyako for Hiro's affection, creating a love triangle. Meanwhile, Renji Asō meets a girl named Chihiro Shindō at an abandoned train station. He soon learns that Chihiro suffers from a type of amnesia where her memory lasts for only 13 hours. He also discovers Chihiro's dream of writing a novel, but she has never been able to fulfill that dream due to her condition. Renji then decides to help her fulfill that dream.
- Web, 6 (2019)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.: ReawakenedJ.C.STAFF, EGG FIRMComedyManga~22min
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)Sound! Euphonium 2Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~26min
- Bonus, 1 (2008)Clannad: Another World - Tomoyo ArcKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minTomoya Okazaki is a third year high school student resentful of his life. His mother passed away from a car accident when he was younger, causing his father to resort to alcohol and gambling. This results in fights between the two until Tomoya's shoulder is injured in a fight. Since then, Tomoya has had distant relationships with his father, causing him to become a delinquent over time. While on a walk to school, he meets a strange girl named Nagisa Furukawa who is a year older, but is repeating due to illness. Due to this, she is often alone as most of her friends have moved on. The two begin hanging out and slowly, as time goes by, Tomoya finds his life shifting in a new direction.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)NoragamiBONES Inc.ActionManga~24minYato is a minor deity who lacks even a single shrine. In order to build his own shrine, he scrawls his cell number on the wall of a downtown bathroom telling people he will help them in exchange for a 5-yen offering, becoming a self-styled "delivery god." Hiyori, the daughter of a respectable family, is almost in a traffic accident, but is rescued by Yato. This causes her to become a "hanyou," a person who can easily lose her soul. She chases Yato down, and they begin to work together. Yato also finds a boy named Yukine who becomes a "sacred treasure" that can be used by a god. The three of them battle "you" who bring harm to humans as Yato's hidden history is gradually revealed.
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)The Misfit of Demon King AcademySILVER LINK.ActionLight Novel~24minAnos, the demon king of tyranny, has vanquished many humans, ghosts, and gods. After a long time filled with many wars and conflicts, Anos is fed up with it all and longs for a peaceful world. Thus, he decides to be re-born in the future. When he awakes 2000 years later, he finds the world in a state of peace. However, he fears that his descendants have become very weak, as, after all this time, almost all magic has disappeared. To regain his rightful place and search for his descendants, he enrols in a school, where he quickly realises that his magical abilities greatly differ from those of the others. His abilities are so extraordinary that the academy can’t properly assess them. For that reason, Anos is simply put down as inept and his classmates treat him like an outsider. With the help of Misha, the only classmate with whom he becomes friends, the outsider begins his rise to reclaim his place at the top of the demonic race.
- TV-Series, 9 (2019)Hi Score Girl IIJ.C.STAFFRomantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 50 (2006)Kenichi: The Mightiest DiscipleTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Fighting-ShounenManga~25minYeah, Kenichi’s a total wimp. He’s always getting picked on and doesn’t have a lot of friends to stick up for him. The guy needs motivation if he hopes to graduate in one piece. Well, Miu’s the perfect motivation. She’s hot, she accepts him, and she just so happens to live at a dojo with six martial arts masters. You could say fate has led Kenichi to their door, or you could say he was just following the hottie. Either way, he’s about to get whipped into serious shape. If he can survive some hard-core training, he might survive another day at school. He might even score with Miu. Yeah, you could call Kenichi a wimp. But let’s go with underdog instead.
- TV-Series, 12 (2006)Honey and Clover IIJ.C.STAFFRomanceManga~23minThe sequel and final installment to the highly popular series once again delves into the life stories and love lives of Takemoto Yuuta, Mayama Takumi and Morita Shinobu. The story continues where the first season left off, after Takemoto's self-discovery journey around Japan. Of course, the love triangles and tribulations they face will continue, and eventually decide the paths to their future.
- TV-Series, 24 (2015)My Love Story!!MADHOUSE Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~23minGōda Takeo is a first year in high school who’s unlucky in love. All the girls he likes fall for his best friend Suna (your standard bishie), until one day when he saves a girl from a groper on the train.
- TV-Series, 12 (2011)Kimi ni Todoke: From Me To You - Season 2Production I.G., Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~25minKuronuma Sawako is completely misunderstood by her classmates. Her timid and sweet demeanor is often mistaken for malicious behavior. This is due to her resemblance to the ghost girl from "The Ring", which has led her peers to give her the nickname Sadako. Longing to make friends and live a normal life, she is naturally drawn to Kazehaya Shouta, the most popular guy in class, whose "100% refreshing" personality earns great admiration from Sawako.
- TV-Series, 120 (2016)The Disastrous Life of Saiki K.J.C.STAFF, EGG FIRMComedyManga~5minTo his classmates Saiki Kusuo seems like a normal boy, yet he possesses a multitude of extraordinary abilities, such as telepathy and telekinesis—abilities that do not always obey his will, however. Despite all the obstacles in his path, he tries his hardest to lead a normal life. Annotation: In the Japanese morning programme 5 short episodes were aired each week, which were then compiled into a complete episode once a week and aired during the night programme.
- TV-Series, 24 (2010)K-On! Season 2Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minFor two full years, Yui, Mio, Ritsu and Tsumugi have worked together to keep Sakuragaoka Girl's High School's struggling Light Music Club alive, and along the way they've begun to build a reputation as real rock musicians... especially since the previous year's addition of underclassman rhythm guitarist Azusa. But as a new school year begins, there are new and scary challenges ahead. With four fifths of the club graduating at the end of the year, replacement members have to be recruited. There are college exams to prepare for, colleges to choose, and friends to prepare to say goodbye to. But no matter what happens, they'll have their faculty adviser and secret former death metal guitar/vocalist Sawako Yamada there to help them in her own unusual way, especially since she's now their homeroom teacher as well! Most of all, they'll have each other. The group of amateur musicians who barely knew each other has become much more than just a band, and by the time this school year is over, they're going to achieve something so amazing it requires multiple exclamation marks!!
- TV-Series, 26 (2006)Ouran High School Host ClubBONES Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24minOuran High School. An institution of extravagance and prestige where learning is secondary to luxury. Bookish Haruhi can't afford to slack, being on a scholarship and out of place among the moneyed. No matter - the Host Club is now open! A group of handsome boys dedicated to selling their charms to their bored female classmates, Haruhi is suddenly in debt to the club after breaking an expensive vase in their lair. The only way to pay for the damage? Haruhi will work as a Host! The only problem? Haruhi is a she! Between the wildly inflated ego of the expert escorts and the potential calamities of constant cross dressing, Haruhi's freshman year looks like it will be one to remember.
- TV-Series, 25 (2015)Baby Steps 2Pierrot Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~25minThe second season's story picks up at a Florida academy where rival players practice and clash in order to promote their rankings. For Eiichirō this is not only his first time being abroad but a first chance to face competitors from around the world.
- TV-Series, 12 (2008)ef: a tale of melodies.SHAFT Inc.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minShuichi Kuze's been spending time with Mizuki Hayama, and as they've been getting to know each other, they've been growing closer. Sadly, Kuze discovers that he's contracted a fatal illness and decides to break all romantic ties for the little time left to him. Before he can break things off, however, Mizuki tells him that she loves him. Will her declaration change Kuze's mind? In another city, in the not-so-distant past, Yuu Himura meets a girl who seems to know him, but he doesn't know her. Soon enough, he remembers Yuko Amamiya, a girl he met long ago, and begins to rediscover the depth of their feelings for each other. Will Yuko's love reach across time to find her true love once and for all? Kuze and Mizuki, Yu and Yuko... Intertwining fate, tragic, bittersweet and beautiful.
- TV-Series, 25 (2012)From the New WorldA-1 Pictures Inc.DramaNovel~23minIn the future Japan has become a fractured country, and small towns now exist. The rulers of this world have the cursed power of Telekinesis. When an incident occurs, 5 children come to realize the world is not as it seems, and learn the bloody history behind this world. These 5 children unite and help the world as it falls into a downward spiral of chaos.
- TV-Special, 1 (2004)Hikaru no Go: Hokuto Hai e no MichiPierrot Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~76minHikaru is given a phone call asking him to appear in the Japan/China/Korea Junior's Tournament but he finds out he will have to take part in a preliminary tournament to choose Japan's three contestants. Upon discussing this with Akira, he discovers that Akira has already been chosen for the tournament and will not be taking place in the preliminaries. Hikaru then decides not to visit Akira's Go Salon until he takes his place on the team with Akira. That may be tougher than originally planned, as not only does Hikaru have to battle with old friends for one of two coveted spots, but he may have a new challenger, in a promising player from the Kansai Go Institute.
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Silver Spoon Season 2A-1 Pictures Inc.ComedyManga~24minAs the new semester begins at Ōezo Agricultural High School, Hachiken is now used to the tough lifestyle of a rural high school. While Hachiken still wonders what he will do in the future, he continues to discover the harsh and the beautiful realities of the countryside.
- Movie, 1 (2018)Liz and the Blue BirdKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaNovel~90min
- OVA, 4 (2017)Seitokai Yakuindomo * OVA (2017)GoHandsComedyManga~25min