- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)AquarionSatelight Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minWhen the Shadow Angels invade after 12,000 years of slumber, humanity is held captive by fear and sheer alien dominance. Eleven years after the Great Catastrophe decimated the world, most of those left alive are scavengers, dirty and starving in the streets. There is hope, however - Mechanical Angel Aquarion! Powered by three souls intertwined, a rare breed of pilot takes the controls. Known as Elements, one among them must rise if mankind is to survive. Prophecy is being fulfilled as the end of the world approaches Through a swirling cloud of love, betrayal, loss and destiny, the last hope for the new century arrives and takes flight!
- OVA, 7 (1992)Giant RoboPhoenix Entertainment Ltd.Action DramaManga~46minIt is a new dawn for mankind. The Shizuma Drive has brought clean, limitless energy and launched humanity into an age of prosperity. But even in this Eden of technology, there lurk the shadows of envy and greed, and Big Fire, a secret brotherhood, seeks to direct the world toward chaos! The world is protected by the Experts of Justice, a team of operatives assembled from around the globe to stop the ultimate disaster of The Eternal Night, and the key to everything is the bravery of their newest member, Daisaku Kusama, and the great machine he commands - Giant Robo!
- TV-Series, 13 (2003)The Big O IISUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~25minParadigm City is a place without a past. 40 years ago, something happened that wiped the memories of everyone in it. Unfortunately, the people of Paradigm City were very busy before then, making Megadueses(giant robots) and monsters. People who were born after the memory wipe are gaining/recovering memories of the past and using them to build newer threats. Roger Smith keeps Paradigm City safe with the help of The Big O (a faithful giant robot), his butler Norman and the android Dorothy, Roger keeps Paradigm City safe. As problems mount and more memories surface, Roger's past and Paradigm's future begin to become suspect...
- TV-Series, 13 (2009)Asura Cryin’Seven Arcs Ltd.ActionLight Novel~25minTomo was a school kid with just one problem: he had a ghost friend for a while. One day, his life is turned upside down as his world changes into a new one, one which he couldn't imagine before.
- Movie, 1 (1997)Neon Genesis Evangelion: Death & RebirthProduction I.G., Inc., Gainax Co., Ltd.Action DramaOriginal Work~101minFifteen years after the Antarctic blast known as the Second Impact, the world once again faces the threat of the Angels--super-powered entities with the capacity to bring about a Third Impact capable of destroying all human life. Summoned by his estranged father, 14-year-old Shinji Ikari reluctantly embraces his destiny as the pilot of the bio-engineered vessel known as "Evangelion Unit-01." Alongside fellow Eva pilots Asuka Langley and Rei Ayunami, Shinji battles against the host of invading Angels. But all is not as it seems. Amidst layers of subterfuge, and the competing agendas of secret government organizations each seeking to manipulate the children and their Evas for their own ends, Shinji, Rei and Asuka must each come to terms with their past and unearth their own identities. Told from the various perspectives of the tale's primary characters, Death & Rebirth is a composition of epic proportions. The first half of the film is an orchestrated retelling of episodes 1 through 24 of the original groundbreaking Neon Genesis Evangelion saga. Supplemented with startling new animated sequences, Death offers a unique insight into the personal worlds of the characters as conceived of by the series' director Hideki Anno. In Rebirth, the second half of the film, we see an alternate vision of episode 25 of the original series. Seele, the secret international organization behind the development of both the Evangelion project and the Human Complementation project, is concerned about the way the projects' director, Ikari Gendo, is proceeding. Convinced that Gendo is implementing his own plans, they set out to wrest control of the projects and capture Eva Unit-01. Using the nine-production model Evangelions under their command, and a force of conventional troops, Seele undertakes a full-scale invasion of Central Dogma - the operation control center beneath Tokyo-3.
- TV-Series, 26 (2005)Gun X SwordAnime International Co., Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25minOn the planet of Endless Illusion, a lone man adorned in a tuxedo roams the wild and lawless frontier... Armed with a shape-shifting sword and a powerful Armor, Van's sole purpose in life is to find the mysterious clawed man who had murdered his bride. After saving a town from vicious outlaws, he reluctantly takes on a travel companion--the young Wendy Garret. In exchange for his help in finding her brother, she offers herself to Van as a bride, but that's the least of his worries, as more deadly enemies await!
- OVA, 3 (2010)Mazinkaizer SKLActas Inc.ActionManga~25minAbove Japan waits Remuria, a colossal floating island leftover from the last world war. It's a lawless wasteland of robot super-weapons from a forgotten age of military might. Receiving word that the unstable island's reactors might explode and vaporize Japan at any time, the Japanese government awakens the most destructive force ever devised: MazinKaiser!
- Web, 26 (2018)Last HopeSatelight Inc.ActionOriginal Work~24min
- Movie, 1 (2006)Diebuster: The MovieGainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~100minThis double feature comprises of Gunbuster and Die Buster (aka Gunbuster 2) condensed them into a single theatrical release told in two parts with a musical intermission in between. The first part, Gunbuster the Movie, condenses the six episodes of the original OVA into a 95-minute moviefeaturing a new 5.1 audio remix and a redub by the original Japanese cast. The second part, Die Buster the Movie, mixes large chunks of the second OVA series with a few altered or newly-animated scenes to create a truncated take on Nono's story.
- OVA, 4 (2000)Shin Getter Robo VS Neo Getter RoboActionOriginal Work~26minYears after the defeat of the Reptilian Empire, Getter Team has begun training on a new super robot, Neo Getter Robo. But a surprise attack from the Empire's revived leader forces them to recruit a street fighter named Go Ichimonji as Getter One's pilot. Faced with an enormously powerful foe, the new team's only hope for victory may lie in the resurrection of the lost weapon of humanity, Shin Getter Robo.
- TV-Series, 24 (2008)Linebarrels of IronGonzo K.K.ActionManga~25minKouichi dreams of being a hero, but in reality, he's a punching bag for every bully on the block. His life flatlines when the mysteriously naked Emi crash lands on his pitiful existence, thrusting Kouichi into the middle of an intergalactic showdown between rival races of self-regenerating Machinas. Through his death-bed partnership with the Linebarrel mecha, Kouichi gains the strength to stand up to his tormentors and crush the alien invasion force that's determined to conquer Earth. There's just one problem. All this newfound power and special attention from nearly-naked babes is turning Kouichi into a jerk. His friends can't stand him, he makes his dream girl sick, and those aliens want to kill him extra dead! Kouichi may have the mechanized muscle to save the world, but he has much to learn about being a true "Hero of Justice".
- Web, 1 (2015)Evangelion: Another Impact (Confidential)Steve N' Steven, Sola Digital Arts Inc.ActionOriginal Work~6minVarious omnibus animations produced with love and energy, regardless of any genres.
- TV-Special, 4 (2006)Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny TV MoviesSUNRISE Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~92minThis is the a four-part compilation movie of Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny, with some modification from the TV series itself. The year is Cosmic Era 73. Although the Earth Alliance and ZAFT forces have signed the Junius Seven Treaty in order to end the First Bloody Valentine War, both sides still begin an arms race. A paramilitary group called Phantom Pain, which is controlled by Blue Cosmos/Logos terrorist group, steals three of ZAFT's newest Mobile Suits. Shinn Asuka and the rest of the crew of the ZAFT battleship Minerva, along with Athrun Zala (who assumes a false name), pursue the Phantom Pain but then encounter rogue ZAFT soldiers who intend to drop the Junius Seven colony upon the Earth. After failing to destroy the Junius Seven colony, the Second Bloody Valentine War breaks out, once news has spread that ZAFT soldiers caused the colony to fall to Earth.
- TV-Series, 47 (1993)Yuusha Tokkyuu Might GainSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~30minSenpūji Maito is a billionaire crime fighting teenager, taking up his father's company and assets at the age of only 15. Taking control of the Might Gaine team of robots that his late father created, Senpūji and his free thinking robot teams take on the crime lords that plague Neo Tokyo City.
- TV-Series, 26 (2001)Zone of the Enders: DoloresSUNRISE Inc.ActionVideo Game~24minEarth wants her, Mars wants her... In fact, everybody wants Dolores except the one man who's got her! James Links is just a hard-working, hard-drinking, cargo-carrying all-American trying to reconcile with his estranged family as the planets teeter on the brink of war. But when Orbital Frame Dolores finds herself aboard his carrier ship Ender, the whole Links clan is saddled with mystery, murder, and mayhem. Will the Links family save themselves and unlock the enigma of Dolores' destiny?
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)BBK/BRNK The Gentle Giants of the GalaxySanzigen Inc.Fighting-ShounenOriginal Work~25min
- TV-Series, 24 (2013)Majestic PrinceDoga KoboActionManga~24minIn the latter half of 21st century, humans leave the Earth and begin to live in space. In order to adapt to the environment in space and deal with the hostile aliens in Jupiter, genetically engineered children called "Princes" are artificially raised and trained to be pilots of armed robots "AHSMB (Advanced High Standard Multipurpose Battle Device). This is a story about one of the teenage "Princes", Hitachi O Izuru, who studies in an academic city Grandzehle.
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Nobunaga the FoolSatelight Inc.Action DramaOriginal Work~24minThe planets of the East and the West were once connected by the Ama-no-Hashidate. The culture that built it was destroyed countless years ago, and the two planets have had separate histories ever since. On the Western planet, ancient culture is experiencing a renaissance after a long period of war. Jeanne Kaguya D'Arc, a girl from the Western Planet, was prophesied to be the Savior of the World at her birth. With Leonard Da Vinci, she lands on the Eastern Planet, where Nobunaga "the Fool" longs for the power to change the world, as his planet is still locked in a war where many heroes vie for supremacy. When these two people meet, the culture of both worlds will be transformed.
- TV-Series, 26 (2000)BrigadoonSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25minBrigadoon, the story of Marin, an ordinary teenager with an extraordinary problem: she's the target of a mysterious object in the sky called Brigadoon. Just when Marin is about to lose all hope of surviving the incessant attacks from mecha-like weapons, a Gun-Swordsman named Melan Blue appears to defend her! The series' unique blend of wacky familial humor and cutting-edge, cyborg-infested battle sequences make for a decidedly different and refreshing anime experience.
- TV-Series, 12 (2004)Destiny of the Shrine MaidenTNKSentimental DramaManga~24minThe Advent of the Priestess of the Godless Month! Shy, timid Himeko happily attends school with both the popular and beautiful Chikane and her childhood friend, Souma, blissfully unaware of what's in store for her. However, the destiny of these three changes on Himeko's 16th birthday when the mark of the sun appears on her chest. What does this solar mark represent? At the same time, why has a black aura of agony burst forth from Souma? Who is the enemy? The legend of the eight-headed beast returns to Japan!
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)ArgevollenXEBECActionOriginal Work~24minTwo countries, Alandas and Ingermia, have been warring against each other for a very long time. Tokimune, a young man belonging to the eighth independent unit, saves a girl named Jamie when she is attacked by enemy forces. In order to survive, he rides the new weapon Argevollen and fights.
- Movie, 1 (2006)Gunbuster: The MovieGainax Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~95minThis double feature comprises of Gunbuster and Die Buster (aka Gunbuster 2) condensed them into a single theatrical release told in two parts with a musical intermission in between. The first part, Gunbuster the Movie, condenses the six episodes of the original OVA into a 95-minute moviefeaturing a new 5.1 audio remix and a redub by the original Japanese cast. The second part, Die Buster the Movie, mixes large chunks of the second OVA series with a few altered or newly-animated scenes to create a truncated take on Nono's story.
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-ne 2XEBECActionOriginal Work~24min
- TV-Series, 48 (1996)Yuusha Shirei DagwonSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~23minFloating in space many light years from Earth is a penal colony that holds some of the worse criminals in this part of the galaxy. These criminals were captured by the Dagwon Interstellar Police Force (a Green Lantern style agency) and jailed. However, the inmates took over the jail and began to strike back at their captors by attacking the nearest planet: Earth. After the first attack, 5 high school students are given the power to use their wrist morphers and summon powerful battle armor. In time of crisis they can mentally and physically become one with their respective vehicles and assume a more powerful robot mode. When necessary several of the human/robot hybrids can gattai (or combine) into larger robots with powerful attacks. These 'Brave high school warriors' now attempt to juggle school, love, and saving the planet on a daily basis.
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Lagrange: The Flower of Rin-neXEBECActionOriginal Work~24minMadoka is the lone member of her school's Jersey Club. She is one day recruited by a mysterious girl named Lan to pilot the robot "Vox" and protect her city from space invaders. They are joined by a third girl, Muginami, who has a different goal than Ran. Meanwhile, they still don't know their enemies' true goal, or what "Rinne" might be.
- TV-Series, 39 (1980)Space Runaway IdeonSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~25minHumanity's pursuit of knowledge leads them to the planet Solo, where they find mysterious remains of a long dead alien civilization, including the 3 part super robot 'Ideon', and a powerful warship. Using these, the Earthlings sent to investigate the ruins defend themselves in their constant conflicts against powerful aliens called the Buff Clan, who are in pursuit of 'Id', the mysterious energy that powers the Ideon.
- TV-Series, 49 (1994)Mobile Fighter G GundamSUNRISE Inc.ActionOriginal Work~24minIn the Year FC 60, much of mankind inhabits space colonies which orbit the Earth. Dominance over the colonies is decided once every four years by a large tournament in which each nation sends a single representative to fight the others with a giant robot called a Gundam. Domon Kashuu is selected to represent Neo-Japan in one of these tournaments, but he fights less to ensure his nation's victory than to find his brother, who has been blamed for the deaths of Domon's parents and the disappearance of a very dangerous weapon, the Dark Gundam or Devil Gundam.
- TV-Series, 26 (1998)Steam DetectivesXEBECAdventureManga~24minThe scene is Steam City, a London-ish city which represents an entire civilization run by coal and steam power. Because of steam, the city is sometimes covered in a mist. Villains take advantage of the steamy mist to hide and execute their evil plans. Only a few dare venture into what's beyond the steamy mist. They are known as the Steam Detectives: Narutaki (and his convertible all-purpose pistol), his nurse-assistant Lingling, and his Megamaton robot Gohliki.
- TV-Series, 44 (2011)Little Battlers eXperienceOLM, Inc.GanbatteVideo Game~25minDanball Senki tells the story of a world where kids battle one another using little robot figures called LBX (Little Battler eXperience). Yamano Ban, a young boy who desires to become an LBX Fighter like his friends, is forbidden by his mother from owning an LBX as his father was taken from them in an accident relating to LBX years ago. One day a mysterious woman approaches Ban with a suitcase and tells him the hopes and fears of humanity lie inside it, and when Ban opens it, he finds a strange new LBX Robot. He is soon attacked by organizations who want the data inside this robot, and Ban and his friends are dragged into a corporation war that spreads all the way up to the highest political positions of power in Japan, and the true origins behind LBX Battling which could change the entire political structure of Japan.
- OVA, 1 (2003)Mazinkaiser: Shitou! Ankoku DaishougunBrain's BaseActionManga~56minA race of subterranean beasts called the "Mikene" appear out of nowhere and indiscrimiately wreak havoc all over the world. Their goal: the death of Mazinkaiser pilot Kouji Kabuto. As these monstrous beings destroy cities and decimate the Mazinger Army, Kouji must race against time to once again pilot Mazinkaiser and defeat the Mikene and their feared leader Ankoku Daishogun.
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Comet Lucifer8bitAdventureOriginal Work~24minOn the planet Gift there are precious crystals called Giftjium buried in the earth. A young man named Sōgo lives in Garden Indigo, a prosperous mining town. Sōgo's hobby is to collect rare crystals. One day, he gets wrapped up in a riot caused by his classmates Kaon, Roman, and Otto, and he loses his way until he finds a lake deep under the ground's mining ruins. There, he meets a mysterious girl with blue hair and red eyes that gaze straight ahead. The story follows the adventure of what happens after this meeting.
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)iDOLM@STER XenoglossiaSUNRISE Inc.ActionManga~24min107 years ago, the Moon was destroyed in a massive cataclysm that shattered Earth's former satellite into 81 quintillion tons of orbital debris. However, thanks to super-science, the Earth itself was saved and today no one really thinks much about that century-past disaster. Which is why when teenage Haruka Amami auditions for something called the Idolmaster Project, she THINKS she's trying out to be a singing idol. Instead, Haruka finds herself at a secret school run by the Mondenkind Agency, living with a group of other girls who have also been selected as candidates to pilot an IDOL - an advanced robot specifically designed to intercept falling chunks of moon rock. Except there aren't enough Idols for all the potential pilots, and there are some who will do anything to earn the coveted seats, even if the consequences are lethal. And then there's the question of whether the Idols are really just robots, because from almost the first moment, Haruka starts to feel emotions resonating from within the Idol called Imber.
- TV-Special, 1 (2014)Shirogane no Ishi: Argevollen Tokubetsu-hen - Dokuritsu Dai Hachibutai: Gekisen no KisekiXEBECActionOriginal Work~24min
- OVA, 3 (1997)RayearthTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.Action DramaManga~45minHikaru, Umi and Fuu are just about to finish junior high and move away from each other. They don't want to be seperated, so a week before graduation they make a wish under a cherry blossom tree, to be together forever. The fairy of the tree hears their wish. That night they are out together having fun when Hikaru sees the fairy and runs blindly across the road to get to it. At this point her spirit guardian contacts her and gives her magic powers. She sees a man standing on Tokyo Tower in a vision, he sees her too, then he is attacked and is forced to sort of freeze the whole world, He, Hikaru, Umi, Fuu and the bad guys are the only ones left and the battle has begun.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)RobiHachiStudio Comet Co., Ltd.ComedyOriginal Work~24minNeo Tokyo, the year is G.C. 0051 according to the galactic calendar. Half a century has passed since the First Contact. Humanity has acquired the “Super Speed of Light Navigation Technology” and formed a union with planets populated by extraterrestrials. Robby Yarge, a 30-year-old freelance reporter, is on a losing streak. Due to a mistake at work he was dismissed, his girlfriend leaves him, he almost dies in a traffic accident, and debt collectors pursue him. And to make matters even worse a pickpocket steals his backpack, but alas a young man helps him: Kita Hatchi, an 18-year-old part-time jobber, stops the thief and brings the backpack back to Robby. In return, in a show of gratitude, he invites him for a meal. The two discover that they are fundamentally different and so they part ways again. However, Hatchi soon returns to Robby’s life—as a debt collector for his part-time job for the loan shark Yan. Thus begins a cat-and-mouse game in which Yan’s chief financial officer sends his henchmen Aro and Gra to pursue Robby. Robby manages to escape Hatchi and flees into space. He wants to flee to Isekandar, a distant and legendary planet in the universe that is said to bring happiness to every visitor. Although Robby thinks he managed to escape alone, he discovers Hatchi in his spaceship. The two decide to travel the galaxy together in search of Isekandar.
- TV-Series, 51 (1991)Matchless Raijin-OhSUNRISE Inc.AdventureOriginal Work~24minWhen the legendary Guardian Eldoran is badly wounded by the fifth-dimensional invaders of the Jaku Empire, he has no choice but to leave the Earth's only salvation - the mighty robot Raijin-Oh - in the hands of the first people he can find ... which happens to be a classroom of 5th Graders. The children reluctantly take up the responsibility, only to find that the Jaku monsters invading their planet have become the living incarnations of the things they dislike the most! Can the Earth Defense Class successfully learn to work as a team, overcome their stigmas and defeat the forces of evil while (futilely) attempting to teach Jin how to perform decimal division?
- TV-Series, 26 (2007)ReideenProduction I.G., Inc.ActionOther~25minSaiga is a normal high school student with a gift in mathematics. His daily routine is disrupted when his family gets news that his Father's remains have been discovered- a noted archeologist and researcher who had gone missing while exploring a site many years before. Among his remains were notes and artifacts that needed to be identified by the family near a notable triangular mountain in Japan known as "Japan's pyramid", a place suspected by some to be man-made. A meteor containing a strange robotic lifeform falls from the sky and begins to cause destruction, putting Saiga in danger and causing a mysterious bracelet from his father's research to activate and merge him with an ancient robot burried within the pyramid- a robot the runes describe as Reideen. It is now up to Saiga and guardian Reideen to fight against this unknown alien threat from the sky.
- OVA, 3 (2005)Super Robot Wars: Original Generation - The AnimationBrain's BaseActionVideo Game~28minDr.Jurgen of DC developed a global defense system to combat potential alien threats. This system has two elements. First is the VTX-001 Vartoul unmanned anti alien PT. Governing these drones is the ODE worldwide network system. However, this system has a noteworthy secret. A living human is needed to control the ODE core. Furthermore, the ODE core needs human organs to support itself. At the present day, the drone have gone on a mass abduction spree. Kyosuke and co has been sent in to take care of the problem.
- TV-Series, 37 (2013)Little Battlers eXperience WARSOLM Digital, Inc., OLM, Inc.GanbatteVideo Game~25minYear 2055, 4 years after the events in Danball Senki W. LBXs have become the world’s largest hobby, big enough for pro leagues to be established, and people to make their entire living off being an LBX player. 14-year-old Arata is a new transfer student at Kamui Daimon Integrated Academy on Kamui Island, near Japan. Known to be the most prestigious institution in the world for raising LBX players and mechanics, entrance to the academy requires an extremely competitive hurdle of being the champion of at least 3 official tournaments. Along with other members of his platoon, they face rivals and delve into the secrets lurking within the academy.
- TV-Series, 12 (2016)Active Raid 2ndProduction IMS Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work~24min