- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Episodes
- Average duration (in minutes)
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)BeastarsOrange Co., Ltd.Slice of Life DramaManga~23minBeastars, the anime of the manga of the same name by Paru Itagaki, takes us into a world dominated by anthropomorphised animals. Carnivores and herbivores live together in peace thanks to the strictest laws, but such “coexistence” naturally comes with its own set of problems. Again and again innocent herbivores fall victim to violent crimes and the illegal “livestock trafficking” flourishes in the shadows of the big cities. In this world, the respected Cherryton Academy set out to be a role model for coexistence, but here, too, the façade slowly begins to crumble … For the students of the Cherryton Academy, school life is full of dreams, hope and romance—as well as distrust and discomfort … In a school where students are literally divided into “predators” and “prey,” peace is maintained only through the personal relationships between students. But when one day a member of the drama club is murdered and eaten, the very foundations of the school are shaken. A suspect is found quickly: the wolf Legosi. Although he insists on his innocence and asserts that he wouldn’t possibly hurt a fly, he finds himself hardly able to hold back his instincts whenever he is near the dwarf rabbit girl Haru. Is the big, bad wolf in love or does he think of Haru as being “delectable” in a whole different way …?
- TV-Series, 13 (2019)We Never Learn!: Bokuben Season 2ARVO ANIMATION Inc., Silver Co. Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24minWith Bokutachi wa Benkyou ga Dekinai (2019) the anime adaptation to Taishi Tsutsuis’s manga of the same name enters its second round. After the unusually eventful study sessions of the high-school students around Nariyuki Yuiga ended in extremely suggestive situations more than once and Nariyuki—gentleman that he is—had to assist his female companions (be it Sensei, Senpai or a girl of the same age), the summer came to an end with the big summer festival. Again Nariyuki miraculously met all the usual suspects and while he and Uruka helped out at the Udon stand of Rize’s family, Kirisu-sensei went to great lengths to drive the owner of the shooting gallery into financial ruin … But when two little girls got lost at night and cried for their mother, both Nariyuki and Fumino couldn’t help but assist the two—although that made them miss the last train home. With the feelings of the girls in turmoil and with clear goals in mind, the journey through the rocky landscape of studying continues! And believe you me, all of them still have a lot to learn—no matter if they’re still aiming for university access, if they have already left high school behind or if they’re experienced in standing in front of a class themselves …
- TV-Series, 22 (2016)March Comes in Like a LionSHAFT Inc.DramaManga~25min
- TV-Series, 14 (2003)Rumbling HeartsStudio Fantasia Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaVisual Novel~24minFour high school friends, named Takayuki Narumi, Mitsuki Hayase, Akane Suzumiya and Shinji Taira must reconsider the meaning of life when one of them, Haruka Suzumiya, is involved in a terrible accident and sent into a coma. The hole left by Haruka's absence is hard to fill, but Haruka's boyfriend and her friend Mitsuki eventually try to move on, embarking on a romance of their own. When three years later Haruka wakes up, everyone tries to pretend that no time has gone by. But no one can deny everything has changed.
- TV-Series, 12 (2014)Blue Spring RideProduction I.G., Inc.Romantic DramaManga~24minThe girl Yoshioka Futaba wants, with the transition to high school, to end a chapter in her life. She was bullied by some of her classmates because of her attractive outward appearance, therefore, Yoshioka decides to act more grown-up and more mature to avoid such a harassment in future. However, when she attends high school she unexpectedly meets her former crush.
- OVA, 2 (2019)Haikyu!! Land vs AirProduction I.G., Inc.GanbatteManga~23min
- Bonus, 1 (2010)K-ON! Live House!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~25minIt's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...
- Movie, 1 (2011)From up on Poppy HillStudio GhibliSlice of Life DramaManga~95minUmi Matsuzaka, the eldest sibling in a close-knit family of five, raises a pair of signal flags everyday at her seaside house in Yokohama Bay without fail in anticipation of the return of her father, who went missing in action during the Korean War. In school, Umi finds herself involved in a student movement seeking to prevent the demolition of an old club house. In the process, she falls in love with the newspaper club member Shun Kazama, only to find out that they might be related by blood.
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Visit!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- TV-Series, 11 (2014)Ping Pong The AnimationTatsunoko Production Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~23minChildhood friends Makoto "Smile" Tsukimoto (ironically, he seldom smiles) and Yukata "Peco" Hoshino are capable and aspiring table tennis players of Katase High School. Coach Jō "Butterfly" Koizumi has high expectation to both of them, but when Peco gets decisively defeated by a Chinese student he becomes so devastated and stops practicing. Meanwhile, Koizumi discovers Smile's potential and tries to motivate him to overcome his psychological obstacle.
- TV-Special, 1 (2010)K-On!!: Planning DiscussionKyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's the final year of high school for Yui Hirasawa (guitar), Ritsu Tainaka (drums), Mio Akiyama (bass), and Tsumugi Kotobuki (keyboard); the founding members of the Light Music Club. Together with their junior member Azusa Nakano (guitar), they spend their days after school in the music room enjoying tea and sweets, and practicing music. Amidst band practice, preparations for the new student orientation performance, scouting for new members, and student responsibilities they still have time for "After School Tea Time".
- OVA, 1 (2016)Yahari Ore no Seishun Lovecome wa Machigatte Iru. Zoku: Kitto, Onna no Ko wa Osatou to Spice to Suteki na Nanika de Dekite Iru.feel.Romantic ComedyLight Novel~24min
- TV-Series, 13 (2020)The Irregular at Magic High School: Visitor Arc8bitActionLight Novel~24min“Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Raihousha-hen” continues the events of the first season of the anime adaptation of the light novel by Tsutomu Satou. October 31st, 2095 went down in history as “Scorched Halloween,” when a military city and its navy at the southern tip of the Korean peninsula was destroyed by an unknown, strategic class magic. The arrival of a new magician of the strategic class—only 13 of which are officially known worldwide—also alarm the United States of North America, which command the unrivalled magic troop called “Stars.” Secretly, they put everything into finding out information about this new, strategic class magic, as well as the magician who used it. Two months later, on Christmas Eve, Tatsuya Shiba and his friends gather in their favourite café for a farewell party for Shizuku, who will soon start a three-month study abroad in the United States. In exchange, a girl of the same age called Angelina Kudou Shields, is said to come to the magic high school …
- Movie, 1 (2016)Doukyusei -Classmates-A-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic DramaManga~60minThe story revolves around two classmates Hikaru Kusakabe and the honor student Rihito Sajou. It all starts out with Hikaru noticing that Rihito is not singing during their music class. He thought that Rihito just doesn’t like to sing, but then he finds him practicing alone in the classroom after school. Without even thinking, Hikaru calls out to him …
- TV-Series, 24 (2013)Kill La KillTrigger Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work~25minRyuuko Matoi carries a large weapon shaped like half of a pair of scissors. She's looking for the woman with the other half, who killed her father. Satsuki Kiryuuin, student council president of Honnouji Academy, is said to know the woman's identity, so Ryuuko transfers there. Those who arrive at the school receive a special goku uniform, and Satsuki has used that power to rule the school in fear.
- TV-Series, 20 (2014)Nisekoi: False LoveSHAFT Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~24minAs a child, Raku Ichijo made a secret promise with his childhood sweetheart, keeping a pendant as a memento while his love took the key. He dreams of one day meeting his past love, but years later, reality smashes his hopes when Chitoge Kirisaki accidentally knees him in the face. Though Raku's a normal high schooler, his family heads the notorious yakuza gang the Shuei-Gumi faction. And he's dragged into family affairs when he's forced into a relationship with Chitoge, the daughter of a rival gang's boss.
- Movie, 1 (2019)Saekano the Movie: FinaleCloverWorksRomantic ComedyLight Novel~115min
- OVA, 2 (2019)Otaku ni Koi wa Muzukashii: YouthA-1 Pictures Inc.Romantic ComedyManga~23min
- TV-Series, 12 (2019)The Quintessential QuintupletsTezuka Productions Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~24minHigh-school student Fuutarou Uesugi may be an intelligent person, but his family does not have a lot of money. Thus, he tries to be a tutor and just so happens to find a position that pays astonishingly well. It soon turns out, however, that, even with all his smarts, it will not be an easy job for him. After all, his student is his new classmate Itsuki Nakano, and as if that weren’t bad enough already, he also has to teach her four sisters. Unfortunately, the five siblings are as chaotic as they come and have absolutely no desire to study, despite their horrendous test results. Fuutarou, however, needs that job and actually wants the sisters to succeed, so he must first win their trust.
- Movie, 3 (2014)Initial D: LegendSanzigen Inc., Liden Films Inc.GanbatteManga~61minWhen an unplanned street duel launches tofu-delivery driver Takumi Fujiwara into the world of high-stakes street racing, the competition isn’t going to know what hit them. The son of another legendary driver, the unassuming Takumi quickly becomes the downhill racing phenomenon to beat, with a line of challengers as long as the deadly Mt. Akina road itself! There’s no time to blink. No chance to second guess your strategy. The streets of Japan become a deadly arena for an incredible battle where if you have everything under control, you’re not moving fast enough!
- TV-Series, 13 (2016)OrangeTelecom Animation Film Co., Ltd.Sentimental DramaManga~24min
- Bonus, 1 (2015)Kuroko's Basketball: The Greatest PresentProduction I.G., Inc.GanbatteManga~24min
- Movie, 1 (2019)BanG Dream! Film LiveSanzigen Inc.?Manga~72min
- OVA, 1 (2020)Oresuki: Are you the only one who loves me? Our Playball / Our End Run / Our GameCONNECTRomantic ComedyLight Novel~70min
- TV-Series, 12 (2009)K-On!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minWhen Yui Hirasawa enters high school, she wants to join a club but can't decide which one is right for her. Fortunately, the Light Music Club is desperate to find another member or else they'll be disbanded! With the enticement of delicious snacks and assurances that no musical experience is necessary, Yui joins up, becoming the guitarist in this all-girl high school rock band. Together with Mio Akiyama on bass, Tsumugi Kotobuki on keyboard, and Ritsu Tainaka on drums, they're going to rock the school and someday make it to the Budokan! Now, if only they can just put down the snacks long enough to practice...
- TV-Series, 24 (2007)Lovely ComplexToei Animation Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~25minRisa Koizumi, taller than the average girl, and Atsushi Ootani, shorter than the average guy—their constant bickering and comical love-hate relationship is well-known throughout the school. They act similarly and love the same music, and their friendship is full of laughing, shouting at each other, and of course, lots of jokes about one another's height. But when Risa notices her feelings for Ootani growing, she's worried. She doesn't know if he can ever see her as more than a friend. With her friends rooting for her, she struggles to make him see how she feels about him, and that a romantic relationship between a tall girl and a short guy can work. Oblivious Ootani doesn't make things easy for her, but she stubbornly perseveres in her own unconventional way, determined for her feelings to get through to him, and finally be returned. If only she could do it without driving herself and everyone else crazy in the process...
- TV-Series, 24 (2014)Yowamushi Pedal: Grande RoadTMS Entertainment Co., Ltd.GanbatteManga~24minSecond season of Yowamushi Pedal series.
- TV-Series, 26 (2014)The Irregular at Magic High SchoolMADHOUSE Inc.ActionLight Novel~23minDuring the third World War - caused by a lack of food due to the deep freeze in the 2030's - the population plunged down to three billion. What prevented this war from turning into a thermonuclear war, was the international collaboration between magic technicians. And now, during the late 21st century, all countries compete to raise magicians. The siblings Tatsuya and his little sister Miyuki Shiba both are magicians, who got accepted to First High School - a state-run school dedicated to teaching magic technicians. Due to the strict separation into two distinct groups according to their magical performances, Tatsuya was assigend to the so-called Weeds - the group with less advaned magical skills - and therefore separated from Miyuki, who was assessed to be a Bloom. Ever since brother and sister have entered through the gates of this prestigious school, the former calm campus has been subject to a rapid change...
- OVA, 2 (2016)Shokugeki no Souma: Ni no Sara OADJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Special, 1 (2009)K-ON! Winter Days!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.ComedyManga~24minIt's Yui Hirasawa's first year in high school, and she's eagerly searching for a club to join. At the same time, Ritsu Tainaka, a drummer, and her friend Mio Akiyama, a bassist, are desperately trying to save the school's light music club, which is about to be disbanded due to lack of members. They manage to recruit Tsumugi Kotobuki to play the keyboard, meaning they only need one more member to get the club running again. Yui joins, thinking it will be an easy experience for her to play the castanets, the only instrument she knows. However, the other members think their new addition is actually a guitar prodigy...
- TV-Series, 26 (2004)School RumbleStudio Comet Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyManga~23minWhile there is a decided lack of rumble in School Rumble, there’s more hilarious humdingers than any single dinger can hum… Look that one up! And while there is a truck full of pigs, a giraffe, flying saucers and crazy dream sequences, none of that’s even close to what this show’s about. (Though I would probably watch that show, too!) Here’s what you need to know: Sophomore cutie Tenma is completely crushed on classmate Karasuma past the point of freakin’ out. Tough guy Harima, with his own delinquent style of freak, has a long-standing crush on Tenma… And Karasuma? Can you say clueless? He’s pretty much all about the curry. Mmm… Curry! With enough tangled triangles for an entire semester of geometry, just keep in mind… School Rumble – The absolutely funniest show you’ll ever see that’s not about anything that rumbles… Ever!
- Movie, 1 (2019)Hello WorldGraphinica, Inc.Sentimental DramaOriginal Work~98minThe year is 2027, and the city of Kyoto has made enormous technological progress. Naomi Katagaki, a socially incompatible and introverted boy with a passion for books, and Ruri Ichigyou, a girl with a cold personality, who is often quite blunt with others, live there. Although Ruri shares Naomi’s love for reading and despite other similar interests, Ruri’s unfriendly nature has Naomi afraid of approaching her. When Naomi goes for a walk one day, a purple aurora briefly appears in the sky. Soon after, he catches sight of a three-legged crow and a mysterious hooded man who introduces himself as his older self from ten years in the future and explains that he has come to prevent an imminent tragic event that would happen to Ruri shortly after their relationship began. With the help of his future self, Naomi begins his preparations to rescue Ruri. Will he be able to change the future?
- TV-Series, 12 (2015)Yamada-kun & the 7 WitchesLiden Films Inc.ComedyManga~24minOne day, high school boy Yamada bumps into the beautiful female honor student Shiraishi on the stairs (literally), and their lips touch as they fall. When they regain their wits, they realize that they have swapped bodies. As time progresses, the two realize that this is not the only mysterious happening in the school.
- Bonus, 1 (2014)Kill La Kill: Last GoodbyeTrigger Inc.Action ComedyOriginal Work~27min
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Love, Chunibyo & Other Delusions!Kyoto Animation Co., Ltd.Romantic ComedyLight Novel~24minHigh school freshman Yūta Togashi was once a "chūnibyō patient" i.e. an overly self-conscious middle schooler. He wants to bury this embarrassing past and begins a new life in high school—unsuccessfully. His classmate Rikka Takanashi, a "current" chūnibyō patient, has found traces of residual symptoms on him and used the fact to force Togashi "making a contract" with her.
- OVA, 1 (2018)Shokugeki no Souma: San no Sara - Kyokuseiryou no ErinaJ.C.STAFFGanbatteManga~24min
- TV-Special, 1 (2020)Dokyuu Hentai HxEros: HxEros Reportproject No.9Romantic ComedyManga~24min
- TV-Series, 12 (2021)Wonder Egg PriorityCloverWorksSlice of Life DramaOriginal Work~23min
- TV-Series, 13 (2014)Love Live! School Idol Project (2nd Season)SUNRISE Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work~24minWith Otonokizaka Academy saved by Honoka Kōsaka and members of µ's from being shut down, students are now back to their normal campus lives—for a brief period. Members of µ's are now brought back to the stage and compete with other idol groups for regional tournaments.
- TV-Series, 12 (2012)Kids on the SlopeTezuka Productions Co., Ltd., MAPPA Co., Ltd.Romantic DramaManga~24minIt’s the summer of 1966 and high school freshman Kaoru Nishimi is struggling to adjust to the latest of many moves in his young life, this time to his uncle’s home in the seaside town of Kyushu. It’s never easy adjusting. But this time will be different. This time he’ll meet friends who’ll change his life forever. And he’ll discover a new passion, one that grabs his heart and rocks him to his very soul. It’s called JAZZ, and together with bad boy Sentarou and music store girl Ritsuko, they’re going to follow their muse to wherever their music takes them!