The "I hate Karaoke in Fansubs" Thread

Topics that do not fit elsewhere.

The "I hate Karaoke in Fansubs" Thread

•  
DB-Helper
Thread Creator#1
Everytime you're reminded that you hate karaoke subs, you can complain in this thread and feel better.

Kyoukai no Kanata by denpa

I friggin' hate karaoke subs.
    • ×1
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0

Comments (1)

DB-Helper - Thread Creator
#1.1
Ep 05, ED

Stupid karaoke subs can go to hell.

Ep 06, OP

I passionately hate this shit.

Ep 06, some song in the middle of the episode and it has fucking karaoke subs. Rage.
Post was last edited on 01.04.2015 18:37.
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
Hello TaZ. I see you wrote this "I hate the karaoke in fansubs" thread over 2 months ago. But since there wasn't any reply to this, I just thought on replying on this.

Yes, sometimes karaoke in fansubs can be annoying to me too. I have seen some karaoke subs which almost cover the entire screen a few rare times. So I somewhat have to agree with you here.

However, when I watch an anime, and some karaoke appears on the screen, then I often ignore the text and only focus on whatever happens on the scene. Then I don't get easily distracted from the anime I'm watching, just because of those "stupid karaoke subs" as you call them. May I suggest you to try the same as I do; Just ignore the karaoke subs and enjoy whatever anime you watch, then it shouldn't be much of a problem. Hope my suggestion helps....
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
DB-Helper
Thread Creator#3
You just reminded me how much I hate karaoke subs again.

Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei (OP)

..and no, I cannot ignore this. But occasionally I extract the subtitles and delete all the offending karaoke. Usually I just quickly turn the softsubs off, though.
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
OK, I see. Sorry if I reminded you on the hate again.  We are all different anyway on how we like the subs or not...And yes, I also tend to turn off softsubs, sometimes. This is also my first time trying to make a reply on any forum topic, anyway...
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
DB-Helper
Thread Creator#5
You sure this was your first reply? Kinda feels like I've seen your name and avatar hundreds of times already.

Anyway, instead of complaining again, here's a script that removes karaoke. I wrote this a couple of months ago, but sharing is caring so here you go.

Save the following in an executable text file and put that text file in a folder with all the subs. It's assumed the subs are in the container .ass (if not just change the script accordingly) and that you run Linux (could work with Windows, too. But I don't know.).

#!/bin/bash
IFS="|"

if test -z ; then
WORKDIR="$PWD"
else
WORKDIR=""
fi

for f in `find $WORKDIR -maxdepth 1 -name '*.ass' -printf "%p|"`; do

# Remove Karaoke
sed -i 's/,OP English,.*//g' "$f"
sed -i 's/,OP Romaji,.*//g' "$f"
sed -i 's/,OP Kanji,.*//g' "$f"

done

For the part under "Remove Karaoke" it's necessary to look up what kind of indicator is used in the subs and put that in. For example, if its looks like

Dialogue: 10,0:02:21.20,0:02:22.58,karaoke,,0,0,0,,karaoketextkaraoketextkaraoketext
Dialogue: 10,0:02:22.58,0:02:24.74,karaoke,,0,0,0,,karaoketextkaraoketextkaraoketext
Dialogue: 10,0:02:25.08,0:02:26.83,karaoke,,0,0,0,,karaoketextkaraoketextkaraoketext
Dialogue: 10,0:02:33.46,0:02:36.26,karaoke,,0,0,0,,karaoketextkaraoketextkaraoketext

write sed -i 's/,karaoke,.*//g' "$f" instead.
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
You sure this was your first reply? Kinda feels like I've seen your name and avatar hundreds of times already.

Sorry for kinda late answer, because I've been very busy with Christmas stuff today. But yes, this was my first reply, at least in a forum discussion like this. I have been in contact with some other users earlier, but that an another story. And as for you seeing my avatar hundreds of times already, I think this must be because of myself rating lots of anime I've watched, as well as trying to add new anime titles missing from the site, and visiting other users just to look at different anime they've watched and rated. As an anime-fan, I love this Anisearch site, and I use this a lot. I watch pretty much anime anyway.

Anyway, instead of complaining again, here's a script that removes karaoke. I wrote this a couple of months ago, but sharing is caring so here you go.

The "how to remove karaoke" description was pretty interresting. I just copied the text and pasted it on a Word document so I can remember this. However, I use Firefox on Windows, so I don't know if it could really work on it, but thanks for your information anyway.
Post was last edited on 06.12.2015 15:50.
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
    • ×0
  •