- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 40/356 (1989)BerserkHakusensha, Inc.ActionOriginal WorkHis name is Guts, the Black Swordsman, a feared warrior spoken only in whispers. Bearer of a gigantic sword, an iron hand, and the scars of countless battles and tortures, his flesh is also indelibly marked with The Brand, an unholy symbol that draws the forces of darkness to him and dooms him as their sacrifice. But Guts won't take his fate lying down; he'll cut a crimson swath of carnage through the ranks of the damned-and anyone else foolish enough to oppose him! Accompanied by Puck the Elf, more an annoyance than a companion, Guts relentlessly follows a dark, bloodstained path that leads only to death...or vengeance.
- Manga, 58/645 (2006)KingdomShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkTwo boys who work as slaves dream of becoming great generals. An opportunity arrises when one of the boys is taken away to the capital. However, he returns on the brink of death. Shin, the other boy, vows he will continue their dream. He does everything he has to to survive on the battlefield and become a superior commander. Starting from a 5 man team, he works his way up through every battle, every war, to get to the top.
- Manga, 10/95 (1997)HellsingShounen-Gahousha Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkThere's a secret organization somewhere in England created to defend the Queen and country from monsters of all sorts. Enter Hellsing, an agency, long in tooth, with the experience, know-how, and...er...equipment to handle the problems that arise when vampires, ghouls, and the like clamber from the darkness. "What equipment?" you may say. How about another vampire, souped up by generations of study and refinement, armed with a big pistol loaded with special silver bullets?
- Manga, 9/53 (1990)Battle Angel AlitaShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThis sophisticated, complex science fiction tale by master writer and artist Yukito Kishiro is full of action, black humor, and bizarre philosophical, historical, and cultural references. The heroine, Alita, is a powerful cyborg with a soft heart and a mysterious past. Her second lease on life isn't easy: her heart is broken, she gains and loses friends to the cruel world of the Scrapyard far below the Utopian city of Tiphares, and she serves many masters in her quest to protect the innocent and create a new life for herself. A cross between Star Trek and Blade Runner, this series constantly challenges the reader's definition of what it means to be human.
- Manga, 11/103 (2002)Black LagoonShougakukan Inc.ActionOriginal WorkLock n' load with the baddest group of mercenaries ever to hit the high seas of Southeast Asia! Aboard their World War II torpedo boat, the Black Lagoon, Dutch the Boss, Benny the Mechanic, Revy Two Hand, and Rock, the salaryman from Japan, deliver anything, anywhere. In the dangerous underworld of the Russian Mafia, Chinese triads, Colombian drug cartels, crazed assassins, and ruthless mercenaries, it's hard to know who to trust. But if you've got a delivery to make, and you don't mind a little property damage along the way, you can count on the crew of the Black Lagoon!
- Manga, 37/383 (2000)GantzShuueisha Inc.ActionOriginal WorkThe last thing Kei and Masaru remember was being struck dead by a subway train while saving the life of a drunken bum. What a waste! And yet somehow they're still . . . alive? Or semi-alive? Maybe it's reanimated . . . by some kind of alien orb with a nasty message . . . "Your lives are over. What you do with your new lives is up to me!" And what this orb called "Gantz" intends to do with their lives is make them play games of death, hunting all kinds of odd aliens, along with a bunch of other ordinary citizens who've recently met a tragic semi-end. The missions they embark upon are often dangerous. Many die-and die again.
- Manga, 18/126 (1997)Eden: It's an Endless World!Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIn the tradition of cyberpunk classic "Akira" comes "Eden", a story about a boy's survival in a post-apocalyptic world where problems are solved with bullets, love is bought, and his only companion is a cybernetic killing-machine called Cherubim! The planet has been devastated by the pandemic Closure virus, leaving what remains of a crumbling society in the hands of a sinister paramilitary group known as the Propater. When young Elijah Ballard is captured by a group of mercenaries while on a quest to find his long-lost mother, he realises his adventures have only just begun...Philosophical, heartbreaking, action-packed and beautifully illustrated, "Eden" truly is paradise on earth. It is published in Japanese right-to-left reading format. It is for adults only!
- Manga, 13/58 (2007)Deadman WonderlandKadokawa ShotenActionOriginal WorkTen years have passed since the Great Tokyo Earthquake, and the people's memories of the disaster have faded. Ganta Igarashi, a middle school evacuee, has finally begun to live a normal life...That is, until the day "Red Man" appears at his school and Ganta's fate is changed forever. His entire class is brutally murdered, and although innocent of the crime, Ganta is sentenced to death and sent to the bizarre prison known as "Deadman Wonderland." An insane and brutal game of prison survival begins!
- Manga, 17/75 (2001)Shin Angyo OnshiShougakukan Inc., Daewon Culture Industry Inc.AdventureOriginal WorkAfter the disappearance of the kingdom of Jushin, the power-hungry governors bring terror to the defenseless villagers. Only one of the secret agents of that kingdom is left, the Angyo Onshi named Mun-Su. Together with his bodyguard Mon-Ryong, he travels the country to protect the oppressed and punish the tyrants. Much of the story mixes Korean legends and historical truths.
- Manga, 6/87 (1982)AkiraKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkWelcome to Neo-Tokyo, built on the ashes of a Tokyo annihilated by a blast of unknown origin that triggered World War III. The lives of two streetwise teenage friends, Tetsuo and Kaneda, change forever when paranormal abilities begin to waken in Tetsuo, making him a target for a shadowy agency that will stop at nothing to prevent another catastrophe like the one that leveled Tokyo. At the core of the agency’s motivation is a raw, all-consuming fear of an unthinkable, monstrous power known only as Akira.
- Manga, 15/80 (2010)Akame ga Kill!Square Enix Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkAkame was bought and brainwashed at a very young age and thus turned into an Empire assassin. One day Akame, who knows of nothing but of how to kill meets a boy named Tatsumi. His life is turned upside down by their meeting and he is forced to make a decision – he vows to stand up against the malevolence of the Empire!
- Manga, 19/124 (2000)Battle Angel Alita: Last OrderShuueisha Inc., Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkLovely cyborg Alita embarks on a quest to rescue her friend Lou's brain from enslavement as a component in a massive computer and discovers the secret of the Utopian city of Tiphares... Finally, the full story of Alita's first life is revealed!
- Manhua, ? (2015)Yao Shen JiQidian Chinese Network, Tencent Holdings Ltd.ActionNovel
- Manga, 10/66 (1997)Blame!Kodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkIf Killy is going to find the treasure he seeks, he will need more help and information than the inhabitants of these beleaguered outposts can offer. He needs to find a larger cluster of civilization, but he'll have to survive the trip to get there, first...
- Manga, 9/48 (2016)Goblin Slayer!Square Enix Co., Ltd.ActionLight NovelA young priestess has formed her first adventuring party, but almost immediately they find themselves in distress. It’s the Goblin Slayer who comes to their rescue—a man who’s dedicated his life to the extermination of all goblins, by any means necessary. And when rumors of his feats begin to circulate, there’s no telling who might come calling next …
- Manga, 25/181 (2006)Sun-Ken RockShounen-Gahousha Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkA Japanese teenage guy, Ken Kitano, goes off after the girl he likes, Yumin, to Seoul, Korea. However, because of his immense fighting skills and his strong spirits he catches the eyes of a gang...
- Manga, 9/58 (2000)Full Metal Panic!Kadokawa ShotenActionLight NovelA tie-in to the smash-hit anime series of the same name, the Full Metal Panic! manga is the story of gung-ho young secret agent Sousuke Sagara, assigned to go undercover and protect high-school honor-student Kaname Chidori from a band of international terrorists. Needless to say, Sosuke's background as a counterinsurgent guerilla isn't the best possible preparation for high school!
- Manga, 27/125 (2009)Btooom!Shinchousha Publishing Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkRyota Sakamoto is one of the top-ranked players of BTOOOM!, an online battle game. But no amount of simulated warfare could have propared him for what is to come ...Ryota wakes one evening to find himself dangling from a tree by a parachute with no recollection of how he got there. Before he can orient himself to his unfamiliar surroundings, Ryota is attacked. As a barrage of explosives rain down on him, Ryota realizes that he too has a pack of bombs ...bombs that look very similar to the ones used in BTOOOM! Ryota may have mastered the online game, but can he come out on top in this real-life game of survival?!
- Manga, 18/162 (2003)AkumetsuAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.ActionThis is the story of Hazama Shou a highschool student who has a particular and peculiar way of justice
- Manga, 8/57 (1999)Chrno CrusadeFujimi ShobouActionOriginal WorkAmerica in the Roaring 20s. On the surface, it's a positive, peaceful time after the violence of the Great War. But lurking in the shadows is a dark element ready to snatch that peace away. Sister Rosette Christopher, an exorcist working as a part of the Magdala Order, has a duty to fight the demons which appear and cause destruction. But along with her companion Chrono, she usually ends up causing more destruction than the demons themselves! On one particular mission, they meet a young girl with a beautiful voice named Azmaria, who is being targeted by her own stepfather. As Rosette and Chrno work to save her, more is revealed about the relationship between them. There is more to these two than meets the eye.
- Manga, 20/82 (2012)Darwin’s GameAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, 13/52 (2014)OverlordKadokawa ShotenActionLight NovelIn the year 2138, virtual reality gaming is booming. Yggdrasil, a popular online game is quietly shut down one day. However, one player named Momonga decides to not log out. Momonga is then transformed into the image of a skeleton as "the most powerful wizard." The world continues to change, with non-player characters (NPCs) beginning to feel emotion. Having no parents, friends, or place in society, this ordinary young man Momonga then strives to take over the new world the game has become. (from manga)
- Light Novel, 14/- (2012)OverlordEnterbrainActionOriginal Work
- Light Novel, 24/- (2009)Accel WorldASCII Media WorksActionOriginal WorkBlurb Even in the future, all the advances and innovation in the world can’t change the dynamics of the school playground. And for Haruyuki Arita, a fat kid in junior high, that means he’s destined to always be at the bottom of the food chain, prime pickings for the school bullies. But when he is approached by Kuroyukihime, a beautiful and aloof upperclassman, Haruyuki’s life is turned on its head as he dives into Brain Burst, a mysterious computer program, and the Accelerated World with her help. It’s in the Accel World that Haruyuki casts off his depressing reality and takes hold of the chance to become a Burst Linker, a knight to protect his princess!
- Manhwa, 21/210 (2006)Witch BusterDaewon Culture Industry Inc.ActionOriginal WorkIn a world where witches have declared war against humanity, the surviving human population has gathered specialists with the power to hunt and destroy witches. Tasha Godspell, also known as the "Magic Marksman," is one of the best Witch Hunters there is. Along with his sword-wielding Jack-o’-Lantern partner known as Halloween, Tasha puts his magical training and weaponry to good use, in his constant battles against witches. And yet, he cannot bring himself to fully hate the very witches he is tasked to destroy.
- Manga, 18/182 (2000)HolylandHakusensha, Inc.ActionOriginal WorkYuu Kamishiro is a lonely highschool kid, driven to isolation by the abuse of his peers. Tired of getting beaten on day after day, Kamishiro starts practicing punches from a boxing guide. With his new knowledge, he takes to the streets, hoping to find a place for himself in the gang violence of Tokyo at night. His fighting skills progress and he begins to find his first friends, and with them a place to protect, his own Holyland.
- Manga, 30/206 (1993)Blade of the ImmortalKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkTo end his immortal suffering, he must slay one thousand enemies! Manji, a ronin warrior of feudal Japan, has been cursed with immortality. To rid himself of this curse, to regain his mortality, and to end his life of misery, he must slay one thousand evil men! His quest begins when a young girl seeks his help in taking revenge on her parents' killers . . . and his quest won't end until the blood of a thousand has spilled!
- Manga, 10/68 (2005)Shakugan no ShanaMedia WorksActionLight NovelYuji Sakai is beginning what he thinks will be another boring year of school. But everything changes when the world around him stops, the surrounding people are engulfed in blue flames and a freakish doll-like creature begins sucking them up! Before Yuji suffers the same fate, a young redheaded girl with a sword appears and saves him. Yuji is drawn into the struggle between these creatures from another world: the Crimson Denizens and the girl Shana, called Flame Haze. He too has a crucial role to play in the conflict, despite the fact that...he's dead!
- Manga, 12/117 (2007)Wolf Guy: Ookami no MonshouAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.Action
- Manga, 13/44 (2008)AdekanShinshokan Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkShiro, a sexy loinclothless umbrella maker and Koujirou, a policeman with a passionate sense of justice who stands against all things undisciplined, together get caught up in erotic, grotesque and bizarre crimes in the back streets of what appears to be the Meiji Era of Japan. Tsukiji Nao's very first anthology, packed with handsome, awful, sexy, "anything goes" action! You will be in opium-like addictiveness!
- Manga, 8/56 (2011)Gangsta.Shinchousha Publishing Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkBlurb: In the city of Ergastulum, a shady ville filled with made men and petty thieves, whores on the make and cops on the take, there are some deeds too dirty for even its jaded inhabitants to touch. Enter the “Handymen,” Nic and Worick, who take care of the jobs no one else will handle. Until the day when a cop they know on the force requests their help in taking down a new gang muscling in on the territory of a top Mafia family. It seems like business (and mayhem) as usual, but the Handymen are about to find that this job is a lot more than they bargained for.
- Manga, 26/217 (2005)Until Death Do Us PartSquare Enix Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkHaruka Touyama is a twelve-year-old girl with incredible precognitive abilites. But her accuracy in predicting the future has made her a target for any number of greedy corporations that would use her power for their own profits. After she is taken from her family, Haruka uses her gift to seek out someone who can help her escape her captors and fixes upon a blind man making his way through the busy streets of Tokyo. Though it may seem an odd choice, Haruka's powers have not led her wrong. Despite his inability to see, her chosen protector's fighting skills become apparent when he draws a sword from his walking stick and takes out a corporation's thugs. Haruka knows she will always be pursued and begs the mystery swordsman to keep her safe..."until death do us part."
- Manga, 33/225 (2007)FreezingKill Time Communication, Haksan Publishing Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkExtraterrestrial beings have invaded our garden world, hellbent on wiping humanity off the face of the planet. The only hope is a specialized force of genetically-engineered female “Pandoras” and their male partners known as “Limiters,” who represent the last line of defense against a horrific alien force. Kazuya Aoi is a Limiter who enrolls in a prestigious academy that trains genetically-engineered soldiers. Having made a promise to his Pandora sister who died in battle, Kazuya must overcome his sadness and become the best he can be. His first major obstacle is a frigid second-year student known as Satellizer el Bridget, who has remained undefeated in combat simulation. Does Kazuya have what it takes to beat her, while readying himself for an impending war?
- Light Novel, 32/- (2008)The Irregular at Magic High SchoolASCII Media WorksActionOriginal WorkThe year is 2095. Magic has been tamed as another form of technology, and the practice of magic is now a rigorous discipline. Brother and sister Tatsuya and Miyuki Shiba are just about to start their first year at the renowned First Magic High School of Japan. But the school’s ironclad rules mean that the brilliant Miyuki enters the prestigious Course 1, while her older brother, Tatsuya, is relegated to Course 2—and that’s just the beginning of their troubles!
- Manga, 12/75 (2006)Omamori HimariFujimi ShobouActionOriginal WorkSixteen-year-old orphan Yuuto Amakawa has terrible cat allergies. So when he finds himself suddenly face to face with a beautiful girl who makes those allergies act up one morning, he’s left wondering about her identity. And when she saves Yuuto and his friends from a demon spirit with a very real, very sharp sword, she reveals herself as a sworn protector of the Amakawa family and a demon spirit to boot! Poor Yuuto, now that he’s living with an otherworldy samurai catgirl, his runny nose is the least of his worries!
- Manhwa, 10/81 (2005)VeritasHaksan Publishing Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal Work
- Manga, ? (2001)Hellsing: The DawnActionOriginal WorkHellsing, an organization devoted to the elimination of the vampire threat, has recently uncovered information regarding the attempted production of "man-made undead." The world is presently in the thick of WWII, and the current leader of Hellsing fears the Nazis could potentially use these creatures as front-line super-soldiers. Although the technology of creating artificial vampires is still in its infancy, it has advanced enough to be a serious threat. In an attempt to put a stop to this perverse and dangerous experimentation, Hellsing has sent two of its most skilled agents to Poland. A young man by the name of Walter C. Dornes - a.k.a. "The Angel of Death," and Alucard, an ancient vampire currently in forced service to the Hellsing Organization. Together, they attempt to stop the progress of the Nazi's efforts.
- Manga, 10/65 (2005)Lucifer and the Biscuit HammerShounen-Gahousha Co., Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkThe War of the Rings has begun and it's up to the Princess and the Beast Knights to stop Animus the Mage from destroying the world with his ultimate weapon: The Biscuit Hammer, a giant mallet that floats in space. Yuuhi Amamiya, the Lizard Knight, and Samidare Asahina, the Princess Anima, fight against the Mage and his golems to save the world - but only so that they can destroy it themselves.
- Manga, 9/75 (1991)Gunsmith CatsKodansha Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkMeet Rally and Minnie May -- The Gunsmith Cats -- two of the most fun-loving, well-armed, bounty-hunting women in Chicago! Whether they're chasing bail jumpers or fending off the mob, you can bet on a healthy supply of guns, bombs, car chases, and more guns! In this 176-page trade paperback -- collecting issues 1 through 6 of the series -- the pair run afoul of Bonnie and Clyde, a couple of hired guns working mob jobs in the Windy City. With their business interests running on opposite sides of the law, it's no surprise that the net result is gunfire and mayhem!
- Manga, 28/142 (1970)Lone Wolf and CubFutabasha Publishers Ltd.ActionOriginal WorkDark Horse Comics is proud to present one of the authentic landmarks in graphic fiction, Lone Wolf and Cub, to be published in its entirety for the first time. Lone Wolf and Cub is an epic samurai adventure of staggering proportions -- a 17th century story of a disgraced Shogun's executioner wandering the country as an assassin.