- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 20/176 (2008)Bakuman.Shuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkAverage student Moritaka Mashiro enjoys drawing for fun. When his classmate and aspiring writer Akito Takagi discovers his talent, he begs Moritaka to team up with him as a manga-creating duo. But what exactly does it take to make it in the manga-publishing world? Moritaka is hesitant to seriously consider Akito's proposal because he knows how difficult reaching the professional level can be. Still, encouragement from persistent Akito and motivation from his crush push Moritaka to test his limits!
- Manga, 34/102 (2000)Beck: Mongolian Chop SquadKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkFourteen-year-old Yukio Tanaka is one heck of a boring guy. He has no hobbies, a weak taste in music, and only a small vestige of a personality. His shy and somewhat neurotic personality makes him his own worst enemy. Little does he know that his life will be forever changed when he meets rocker Ryuusuke Minami, an unpredictable sixteen-year-old with a cool dog named Beck. Ryusuke has just returned to Japan from America, and when he inspires Yukio to get into music, the two begin a journey through the world of rock 'n' roll dreams.... Lace up your Docs and head to the mosh pit--Harold Sakuishi's highly addictive manga series that spawned a hit anime has finally reached the States!
- Manga, 128/1304 (1989)Hajime no IppoKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkWhat does "strong" really mean? Awkward high school student Ippo Makunouchi is a loner who gets bullied and thinks he's not tough enough to fight back. But a meeting with the boxer Mamoru Takamura reveals Ippo to be the possessor of a dynamite punch. Determined to become a pro, he takes the test to get into the Kamogawa training gym.
- Manga, 17/170 (2005)Cross GameShougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkCross Game is a moving drama that is heartfelt and true, yet in the brilliant hands of manga artist Mitsuru Adachi, delightfully flows with a light and amusing touch. The series centers around a boy named Kou, the family of four sisters who live down the street and the game of baseball. This poignant coming-of-age story will change your perception of what shonen manga can be.
- Manga, 45/285 (2002)Skip Beat!Hakusensha, Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkKyoko knows she's not plain and uninteresting, no matter what Sho says. With the help of a little makeover, Kyoko's ready to exact her revenge. But first she needs to land an audition, and she sets her sights on the agency where Sho's lead rival works. Her persistence pays off, but her broken heart turns out to be a disadvantage. Kyoko has lost the will to love anybody, let alone fans she's never met. Can the agency see past this problem to Kyoko's true star potential?
- Manga, 37/333 (2002)Eyeshield 21Shuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkWimpy Sena Kobayakawa has been running away from bullies all his life. But when the football gear comes on, things change--Sena's speed and uncanny ability to elude big bullies just might give him what it takes to become a great high school football hero!
- Manga, 36/315 (2012)Food Wars: Shokugeki no SomaShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkBlurb: Soma Yukihira’s old man runs a small family restaurant in the less savory end of town. Aiming to one day surpass his father’s culinary prowess, Soma hones his skills day in and day out until one day, out of the blue, his father decides to enroll Soma in a classy culinary school! Can Soma really cut it in a place that prides itself on a 10% graduation rate? And can he convince the beautiful, domineering heiress to the school that he belongs there at all?!
- Manga, 44/402 (2012)Haikyu!!Shuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 31/276 (1990)Slam DunkShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkWinning isn't everything in the game of basketball, but who wants to come in second? It takes dedication and discipline to be the best, and the Shohoku High hoops team wants to be just that. They have one last year to make their captain's dream of reaching the finals come true--will they do it?
- Manga, 30/276 (2008)Kuroko’s BasketballShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 23/191 (1998)Hikaru no GoShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkAfter stumbling across a haunted go board, Hikaru Shindo discovers that the spirit of a master player named Fujiwara no Sai has taken up residence in his consciousness. Sai awakens in Hikaru an untapped genius for the game, and soon the schoolboy is chasing his own dream--defeating the famed go prodigy Akira Toya!
- Manga, 47/462 (2007)Baby StepsKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkEiichirō Maruo (nicknamed "Ei-chan" for his grades being straight "A") is an honor student, bookworm, and is not interested in anything other than studying. In order to solve his problem of lacking physical strength, he enrolled a tennis school and soon found the fascinating side of tennis. Being a tennis newbie lacking physical strength, he supplement his shortcomings with his excellent observing and analyzing skills.
- Manga, 37/357 (2002)Air GearKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkItsuki Minami is a junior high school student with a dream - to become the best Air Track player in town. It won't be easy, as he faces a lot of competition from boys and girls alike. What is Air Track? Just the latest craze that involves taking a two-wheel inline skate and adding a motor, new suspension and a shock absorber to enable the wearer to execute the wildest, wackiest, most aggressive moves you can imagine. Ikki has a lot to learn as he fights his way to the top in this wild, sexy manga. **** Itsuki Minami needs no introduction - everybody's heard of the 'Babyface' of the East-side. He's the toughest kid at Higashi Junior High School, easy on the eyes but dangerously tough when he needs to be. Plus Itsuki lives with the mysterious and sexy Noyamano sisters, so life's never dull. But it gets downright dangerous when Itsuki leads his school to victory over some vindictive Westside punks with gangster connections. Now he stands to lose his school, his friends, and everything he cares about. Then the Noyamano girls give him an amazing gift, one that just might help him save his school: a pair of Air Tracks. These high-tech skates are more than just supercool. They'll enable Itsuki to execute the wildest, most aggressive moves ever seen - and then bring him to a thrilling and terrifying new world.
- Manga, 34/338 (1992)H2Shougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkKunimi Hiro and his best friend Hideo were baseball wonders... Until Hiro found out his arm was permanently damaged, rendering him unable to play anymore. A frustrated Hiro goes through the trouble of specifically finding a high school with no baseball team... Only to later on find out the doctor who examined him was a quack and his arm is perfectly fine. Hiro is quick to reinstate his dream: Creating a baseball team for his school and getting to face off against Hideo in the Koshien... The number one premier league for high school baseball.
- Manga, 26/257 (1981)TouchShougakukan Inc.GanbatteUesugi Tatsuya and his twin brother Kazuya have both fallen in love with their childhood friend, Asakura Minami. But whereas Kazuya is a talented baseball pitcher, planning on fulfilling Minami's dreams of entering Koushien, Tatsuya always seems to mess up - perhaps deliberately giving in to his younger brother. But then, a life-changing event happens, and Tatsuya begins to work his way up to earn Minami's love and fulfill her dreams.
- Manga, 43/205 (2008)ChihayafuruKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 16/157 (2002)Katsu!Shougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkSatoyama Katsuki is a carefree 15 year old high school kid, and a pretty lazy one at that. However, he secretly has a crush on a girl who happens to share his name: Mizutani Katsuki. Upon finding out that Mizutani's father used to be a pro-boxer, and she herself infatuated with the sport, he reluctantly joins a boxing gym in order to impress Mizutani. Satoyama is quick to find out he may have the blood of a genius boxer running through his veins...
- Manga, 3/11 (2008)Ice RevolutionShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 18/169 (2006)Smash!Kodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 42/379 (1999)The Prince of TennisShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkFour-time consecutive U.S. Junior tournament champ Ryoma Echizen comes to Seishun Academy to further his reign as The Prince of Tennis. His skill is matched only by his attitude--irking some but impressing all as he leads his team to the Nationals and beyond!
- Manga, 20/204 (2014)FuukaKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkYuu Haruna is the new boy in town and finds himself drawn to Fuuka. He discovers that they both have love for the same band and Yuu, who isn't too bad on bass, compliments Fuuka's raw singing voice. They decide to form a band together. Yuu wants to confess his growing feelings for Fuuka but his childhood friend and idol "Niko" still harbors feelings for Yuu.
- Manga, 56/529 (2007)Giant KillingKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkIn Giants Killing a ragtag bunch from East Tokyo are struggling in Japan's top football league. The team is going through an abysmal spell right now where they are nearing the bottom of the table and have lost 5 matches in a row. The losses haven't done much to team moral, because it was already low. Fan support, on the other hand, is looking bleak. In the world of football, once the fans turn on a team the end is near. Teams don't recover. Coaches are fired, players are sold, and teams drop to lower divisions where profits often prevent them from ever being successful against even mediocre top division teams. East Tokyo United, ETU, can only blame their coach right now. And Coach is ready to give up this next game to prove to his team and fans, that against the biggest club in the nation he can make this team win.
- Manga, 1/6 (2010)1/2 Love!Shougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 47/417 (2006)Ace of the DiamondKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkIt is a manga of high school baseball. The main character, who is a pitcher from a country high school, accidentally gets teamed up with a catcher from a school with an elite baseball team. He decides to quit his school to attend the school that this catcher plays.....
- Manga, 13/142 (2007)NonononoShuueisha Inc.GanbatteYūta Nonomiya is a promising young ski jumper, aiming for the Olympics. The son of a disgraced former Olympic contestant, he wants very badly to redeem the family's honor. However, "Yūta" holds a secret — "he" is actually a girl, the twin sister of the real Yūta, who died in a fire.
- Manga, 57/503 (2006)Area no KishiKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkBelieving himself to be useless at scorer, Aizawa Kakeru is the manager of his school's Scorer team, while his brother Suguru is its ace, and is even good enough to represent Japan. However, Kakeru may be harbouring a strong talent within himself that only Suguru can see, and the two often get into arguments over Kakeru's denial of his skills. Things are made more complicated with Suguru die in a car accident and Kakeru got a heart injure and need a heart transplant and the parent gave Suguru' heart to save Kakeru. Seven, an old playmate of theirs that Kakeru has a crush on. She join Aizawa Kakeru in his journey to the national and even international championships.
- Manga, 10/42 (2011)Welcome to the BallroomKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkFuijta Tatara lives a directionless middle school life with little confidence within himself and no plans for the future. After being saved by a mysterious man from a group of delinquents Tatara is taken to a dance studio where he is introduced to Hanaoka Shizuku, a girl from his school, and her partner Hyoudou Kiyoharu, a world class dancer. After experiencing the beauty of their craft Tatara becomes inspired dedicate his time to ballroom dancing but with no previous experience Tatara must rely on hard work if he wants to make it in the fiercely competitive word of ballroom dancing.
- Manga, 26/242 (2002)Yakitate!! JapanShougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkEngland. France. Germany. What common thread binds these three nations together? Answer: each is famous for producing unique, distinctive, delicious bread. But what about Japan, home to rice and delicacies of the sea? Is there not a doughy, gastronomic delight they can claim as their own? The answer is no...until now! Kazuma Azuma, a 16-year-old-boy blessed with otherworldly baking powers, has taken it upon himself to create Ja-pan, the national bread of the land of the rising sun!
- Manga, 2/10 (2014)Kuroko no Basket: Extra GameShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 6/27 (2006)Charm AngelShougakukan Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 5/26 (1999)Angelic LayerKadokawa ShotenGanbatteOriginal Work12-year-old Misaki is beginning school in Tokyo. Upon arriving in the city she spots a competition being broadcast called Angelic Layer - the latest high tech battle game fought by using dolls (Angels). Enchanted with one of the Angels she sees fighting, Misaki is inspired to create her own Angel and it leads her on an adventure that she never in her wildest dreams would have thought possible! Now Misaki has entered the tournament with her doll, Hikaru, and together they plan to take the sport by storm!
- Manga, 7/68 (2007)Beach StarsShougakukan Inc.Ganbatte
- Manhwa, 31/338 (1998)Quantum MistakeDaewon Culture Industry Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkIt's nature vs. Nurture when a nerd swaps bodies with the toughest guy in school! Tuji and Usoo have swapped...their bodies! After becoming the subjects of a mad scientist's experiment with her latest invention - the quantum teleporter - their bodies are switched, leaving only their minds and spirits intact. Usoo, who was once a model student, must face the life of Tuji, a teenage menace. Never having an enemy in his life, he now has to deal with the handful of Tuji's list, but will his kinder, gentler demeanor ward off his rivals? Or will survival determine his future? Will he become the hardened fighter that matches his new exterior? Find out when you follow the tale of the Change Guy!
- Manga, 38/343 (1996)Yu-Gi-Oh!Shuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work10th grader Yugi spent most of his time alone playing games...until he solved the Millennium Puzzle, a mysterious Egyptian artifact! Possessed by the puzzle, Yugi becomes Yu-Gi-Oh, the King of Games, and challenges evildoers to the Shadow Games...weird games with high stakes and high risks! These graphic novels contain new stories not seen in the anime, including the origin of Yugi and his friends!
- Manga, 17/75 (2003)La Corda D'OroHakusensha, Inc.GanbatteVisual NovelKahoko is a normal student in the General Education department with absolutely no musical skill, but all that changes when she catches a glimpse of an elusive fairy who lives on campus. The fairy grants Kahoko a magic violin, and before she knows it, she's nominated to participate in the school's music competition with five very attractive boys. Will she win love and fame, or will bitter rivalry rule the day?
- Manga, 20/80 (2002)Crimson HeroShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal WorkAll that matters to 15-year-old Nobara Sumiyoshi is volleyball--she's an awesome player with big-time ambitions. But sometimes it seems like a girl just can't get a break in the competitive world of high school volleyball.
- Manhwa, ? (2010)Green Boy: Shouting To YouNaver CorporationGanbatteOriginal Work
- Manga, 37/114 (1981)Captain TsubasaShuueisha Inc.GanbatteOriginal Work11-year-old Tsubasa Ozora transfers to his new school where quickly he becomes the star of the school`s soccer team. His Brazilian coach, Roberto Hongo, notices the potential of the young athlete and soon offers him a chance to come with him to Brazil. Young Tsubasa trains more and more and with each passing game is more confident about his abilities. Old enemies become his friends and the World Cup seems closer and closer for him.
- Manga, 48/719 (1995)Initial DKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkThe Ghost of Mount Akina Takumi Fujiwara spends a lot of time behind the wheel. His tofu delivery job sends him racing down treacherous roads of Mount Akina, and without even realizing it, Tak has mastered racing techniques that take most drivers a lifetime to learn. Of course, none of his friends realize this. They're all too busy watching the Akina Speed Stars, the local street racing team. When the legendary Red Suns show up to challenge the Speed Stars, it seems the local boys are doomed to lose the race. But hope arrives in the form of a mysterious Trueno Eight Six that has been seen racing through the mountain roads. The question is: who is the driver behind this phantom car?
- Manga, 33/133 (2003)Ookiku FurikabutteKodansha Ltd.GanbatteOriginal WorkMihashi moves on to high school convinced he is a lousy baseball pitcher. There he meets the catcher Abe and the team manager Momoe who together work to make Mihashi and the team shine.