- Main genres
- Subsidiary Genres
Title starts with
- Adapted From
- Target Group
- Country of Origin
Search for Releases within a Language Region
- Language Region
- Release Window
- Number of Volumes
- Number of Chapters
Slice of Life Drama
If several main genres were selected, only results containing at least one of these main genres will be shown.
Slice of Life
If several subsidiary genres were selected, only results containing all of these subsidiary genres will be shown.
- Manga, 14/144 (2011)Tokyo GhoulShuueisha Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkHigh schooler Ken, who just barely escaped the fangs of death, reawakens as a ghoul. At first everything seems normal … until he finally feels a devastating appetite for human flesh. This, however, poses some rather moral questions as Ken would sooner kill himself than eat a human. His dilemma soon dissolves, however, as he discovers that a secret society of ghouls has long since been living right under the humans’ noses.
- Manga, 34/139 (2009)Attack on TitanKodansha Ltd.HorrorOriginal WorkIn this post-apocalytpic sci-fi story, humanity has been devastated by the bizarre, giant humanoids known as the Titans. Little is known about where they came from or why they are bent on consuming mankind. Seemingly unintelligent, they have roamed the world for years, killing everyone they see. For the past century, what's left of man has hidden in a giant, three-walled city. People believe their 100-meter-high walls will protect them from the Titans, but the sudden appearance of an immense Titan is about to change everything.
- Manga, 20/181 (2016)The Promised NeverlandShuueisha Inc.HorrorOriginal Work
- Manga, 2/7 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Abducted by Demons ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelLife couldn’t be better for Keiichi Maebara. Sure, he’s moved to a sleepy, little town where nothing happens and high school consists of a one-room schoolhouse — but his new friends and fellow students are all cute girls! When he happens upon a story about a grisly local murder, however, his contentment turns to uneasiness as he finds himself drawn into a web of silent intrigue that involves his newfound friends…and threatens his very existence.
- Manga, 7/30 (2006)Highschool of the DeadFujimi ShobouHorrorOriginal WorkA mysterious illness is spreading rapidly through the halls of Fujimi High School. In a matter of hours, the campus is transformed from a place of learning into a hive of nightmares, as the infected students collapse and are reborn as flesh-hungry zombies! Only a handful of students escape the initial outbreak - among them Takashi Komuro and his childhood friend, Rei. He manages to protect Rei from the initial onslaught, but how long can Takashi and the other students hope to survive when the whole school - maybe the whole town - is out for their blood?!
- Manga, 16/181 (2014)Tokyo Ghoul:reShuueisha Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkThe Commission of Counter Ghoul is the only organization fighting the Ghoul menace, and they will use every tool at their disposal to protect humanity from its ultimate predator. Their newest weapon in this hidden war is an experimental procedure that implants human investigators with a Ghoul’s Kagune, giving them Ghoul powers and abilities. But both the procedure and the newly formed Qs Squad are untested. Will they become heroes … or monsters?! Haise Sasaki has been tasked with teaching Qs Squad how to be outstanding Investigators, but his assignment is complicated by the troublesome personalities of his subordinates and his own uncertain grasp of his Ghoul powers. Can he pull this ragtag group together as a team, or will Qs Squad’s first assignment be their last?
- Manga, 2/12 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Cotton Drifting ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelThe Cotton-Drifting Arc Shion, a girl claiming to be Mion's younger sister, takes control of Keiichi's life. The story progresses like a love comedy set at the restaurant Angel Mort. But as the night of the Cotton Drifting Festival approaches, the story takes a dramatic turn...for the worst.
- Manga, 4/21 (2007)Higurashi When They Cry: Eye Opening ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelThe long-awaited 'answer arc' to the Higurashi WHEN THEY CRY Cotton Drifting Arc: You've already met Keiichi Maebara and his mischievous friends in the Abducted by Demons Arc. But Oyashiro-sama's curse is poised to strike anew in Hinamizawa village. When Keiichi spots tomboy Mion working at a maid café, he can hardly believe his eyes! But it's not Mion after all - it's her identical twin sister, Shion. Keiichi's never heard of this 'twin sister' before and suspects it's just another one of Mion's pranks. But through Shion, Keiichi is able to see a quieter, more feminine side of his best friend, even if it is all an act. As Keiichi spends more time with Shion, however, Rena grows more accusatory...
- Manga, 4/20 (2010)AnotherKadokawa ShotenHorrorNovelHorror novel reader Kouichi Sakakibara moves to his grandparents home after his father went abroad, but soon after turning 15 he's hospitalized by a sudden pneumothorax, missing his first day of school. In the hospital he meets a mysterious girl called Mei Misaki. After recovery he joins the 3rd year 3-Class at North Yomiyama Middle School. Kouichi finds Mei Misaki is in the same class, but notice that the rest of his classmates don't see her and avoid to speak about it. He later hear from his aunt from the story of a prestigious girl in the same class from 26 years before that died in an accident. Refusing to accept it her classmates kept pretending she was still alive. In that year' graduation commemorative photograph, the girl supposedly not to be was there. Her name was Mei Misaki.
- Manga, 2/13 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Curse Killing ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelIn this new re-telling, Keiichi, the new boy in the small mountain village of Hinamizawa, learns that his friend Satoko had a brother who disappeared. She's never fully recovered, so Keiichi is encouraged by fellow club member Rika to take the place of Satoko's brother in her life until her brother gets back. Keiichi and Satoko's bond gets stronger and stroger as he discovers how smart and resourceful she is but he also learns about Oyashiro-Sama's Curse, which allegedly claimed Satoko's family as its victims...
- Manga, 15/119 (2000)Battle RoyaleAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.HorrorNovelA random class of 9th graders have been chosen for the 'program.' They must now kill each other until the final winner is decided. In protest, it's up to Shuuya to gather a group to fight back and deliver a counter-punch to the government that ruined their lives. But they must be careful, for there are those among them who have decided to try to 'win' this cruel game.
- Manhwa, 5/94 (2014)BastardNaver CorporationHorrorOriginal WorkBlurb There is a serial killer in my house!
- Manga, 2/9 (2005)Higurashi When They Cry: Time Killing ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelFive years before Keiichi Maebara moved to Hinamizawa, inspector Mamoru Akasaka was sent from the Tokyo police to investigate the kidnapping of another officer's grandchild. The investigation leads him further and further into the greater mystery surrounding Hinamizawa and Oyashiro-sama's curse.
- Manga, 20/81 (2008)Zekkyou GakkyuuShuueisha Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkThe screaming lessons, a guide to the dark world behind our everyday life. No textbooks or pencils are needed, only courage...
- Manga, 7/98 (2016)Until Your Bones RotKodansha Ltd.HorrorOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/16 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Atonement ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelRena Ryugu has made a lot of great friends since returning to Hinamizawa a year ago. But the happiness of playing with her classmates can hardly make up for the sadness she feels at home. Her father’s new lover spends more and more time at their house, making Rena feel that she is no longer as needed as she was when her mother first abandoned the family for another man. Rena thought that coming back to the village would end the curse that tore apart her family and her mind, but she can’t shake the feeling that more heartbreak is in store…
- Manga, 4/20 (2007)DoubtSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorOriginal WorkRabbit Doubt—a mobile phone game—has taken Japan by storm. In it, players are rabbits who must uncover the wolf in rabbit’s clothing before falling prey to its mistrust-sowing wiles…as well as its teeth. When a group of teen players decides to meet offline for fun, the last thing they expect is to lose consciousness and wake up trapped in an abandoned building, mysterious bar codes tattooed on their bodies, and a corpse strung up in front of them. To stay alive and find a way out, they have but one option—to sniff out the lying wolf in their midst. Will these virtual acquaintances be able to pull it together in the real world and figure out what’s going on in time to avoid ending up as the wolf’s dinner??
- Manga, 5/18 (2008)Grand Guignol OrchestraHakusensha, Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkBlurb Lucille and his orchestra encounter a town overrun with the worst kind of audience: the Living Dead! Well, not really. They're people who have been turned into doll-like zombies. And they are definitely not a crowd to take lightly.
- Manga, 3/20 (1998)Uzumaki: Spiral into HorrorShougakukan Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkKurouzu-cho, a small fogbound town on the coast of Japan, is cursed. According to Shuichi Saito, the withdrawn boyfriend of teenager Kirie Goshima, their town is haunted not by a person or being but by a pattern: uzumaki, the spiral, the hypnotic secret shape of the world. It manifests itself in everything from seashells and whirlpools in water to the spiral marks on people's bodies, the insane obsessions of Shuichi's father and the voice from the cochlea in our inner ear. As the madness spreads, the inhabitants of Kurôzu-cho are pulled ever deeper into a whirlpool from which there is no return!
- Manga, 17/81 (2012)Ajin: Demi-HumanKodansha Ltd.HorrorOriginal Work“Those creatures who cannot die are called Ajin. Those creatures don’t realize that they are Ajin until they’ve "died" once. That’s how it was for me, too.” Nagai Kei is a very gifted high-school student who got to first place at the national medical school’s mock exam. For his aim to become a great doctor he works harder than anyone else in his class. But one day, as Kei passes the street lost in thoughts, he gets into a traffic accident which should have cost him his life. As a surprise for his classmates and the lorry driver, who had caught him, Kei’s body regenerates and he comes back to life. That’s a bad sign and it can mean only one thing: Nagai Kei is an Ajin! "What the heck is an Ajin?" – Kei doesn’t know the answer, but he knows for sure that he has to run away, otherwise he will end up as a guinea pig. Not much is known about the true number of Ajins or their special abilities, so he would certainly be researched in a laboratory if he gets caught. Terrified and not knowing what to do next, Kei is saved by his friend Kai. Together, they flee deep into a deserted mountain, but Kei doesn’t wanted Kai to stay by his side, because it seems too dangerous for someone who’s not immortal. Later, an underground group of Ajin who are hostile against humans contact Kei. What are they planning and what will Kei’s decision be?
- Manga, 4/21 (2008)Umineko WHEN THEY CRY Episode 1: Legend of the Golden WitchSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelBlurb Each year, the Ushiromiya family gathers at the secluded mansion of its patriarch, the elderly Kinzo. It has been six years since Battler joined his cousins at the annual event, but their happy reunion is overshadowed by worsening weather and an eerie premonition from his youngest cousin-not to mention their parents’ feud over the inheritance. Battler doesn’t hold much stock in dark omens, nor does he believe the tales of the witch rumored to have given his grandfather a fortune in gold … and who walks the halls of the mansion to this day … But when the eighteen family members and servants are trapped on the island by the raging typhoon, the grisly events that follow leave Battler shaken to his core. Is one of his relatives desperate enough to kill for the family fortune? Or is this the work of the Golden Witch?
- Manga, 6/32 (2010)JudgeSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorOriginal WorkA young man, driven by jealousy over love, tells a lie that accidentally results in the death of his older brother. Some time later, Hiro is kidnapped and confined to a room with eight other people, each wearing a grotesque animal mask. Their kidnapper informs them that their time has come to be judged for their “sins”-and that they will have to judge one another. Every twelve hours, the captives must choose who among them will die…and only four will remain alive when all is through…
- Manga, 12/52 (2005)Ga-ReiKadokawa ShotenAction DramaOriginal WorkFreshman Nimura Kensuke has the ability to see ghosts, and his life changes when he meets Kagura, a girl with the power to summon a "Ga-Rei" called Byakuei. The two work together to find evil spirits and devour them with the Ga-Rei under the auspice of the Ministry of the Enviroment's Supernatural Countermeasure Division.
- Manga, 2/8 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Demon Exposing ArcKadokawa ShotenHorrorVisual NovelIt's been almost a year since Natsumi and her family moved from the town of Onigafuchi. Her grandmother, a native of Hinamizawa village, fears that they will be cursed for abandoning the mountains, but Natsumi has never been happier, making new friends and enjoying school life. When a terrible gas explosion in Hinamizawa wipes out everyone in the village, her grandmother is convinced it is the wrath of the village god, Oyashiro-sama. Natsumi's family has never taken Grandmother's beliefs seriously, but her devotion to Oyashiro-sama has taken a frightening turn. Have the old woman's fanatical convictions gone too far?
- Manga, 2/13 (2006)Higurashi When They Cry: Beyond Midnight ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelTwenty-three years after the terrible Hinamizawa Disaster, five strangers are drawn together to the abandoned mountain village by fate. One of them claims to be Mion Sonozaki, who was supposed to have died in the incident that claimed the lives of all the villagers. But only one thing is certain: Oyashiro-sama's curse did not die with the village. Will these five be able to survive the night?
- Manga, 3/17 (2011)Corpse Party: Another ChildMag Garden CorporationHorrorOriginal Work
- Manga, 3/22 (2011)KuroShuueisha Inc.HorrorOriginal Work
- Manga, 22/264 (2009)I Am a HeroShougakukan Inc.HorrorOriginal WorkA mentally unhinged manga artist witnesses the beginning of a zombie outbreak in Tokyo, and he’s certain of only two things: he’s destined to be the city’s hero, and he possesses something quite rare in Japan—an actual firearm!
- Manga, 11/41 (2007)ShikiShuueisha Inc.HorrorNovelSotoba is a small, quiet village where life has always been peaceful. Natsuno Yuuki, who moved from the city, hates it. However, recently a strange rash of mysterious deaths has begun to torment the village, and an epidemic is suspected. As various investigations continue, the truth behind the deaths becomes clear. The town is being attacked by vampires.
- Manga, 6/25 (2008)Higurashi When They Cry: Massacre ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelAs each incarnation of the terrible events in Hinamizawa unfolds, Rika Furude must watch as her friends descend into madness and despair, knowing the only fate that awaits her is death. With the unique ability to see all of these worlds, Rika desperately searches for the common links between them that will help her stop the cycle and give her and her friends a happy future beyond June 1983. But with less than a month before the cotton drifting in her current life, will Rika be able to change destiny in time?
- Manga, 5/39 (2012)Resident Evil: The Marhawa DesireAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.HorrorVideo Game
- Manga, 8/35 (2008)Higurashi When They Cry: Festival Accompanying ArcSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelWhen her parents are killed in a terrible train accident, a young Miyo Takano is sent to live at an orphanage deep in the mountains. Little does she know that her parents' deaths are just the beginning of her hell, as the institution is run by a group of greedy, cruel men who care nothing for the grief-stricken girl. Subjected to abuses beyond imagining, Miyo and her roommates plan to escape, despite rumors of the terrible punishments that have befallen past runaways...
- Manga, 17/153 (2014)Karada SagashiShuueisha Inc.HorrorLight Novel
- Manga, 5/25 (2010)Ousama GameFutabasha Publishers Ltd.HorrorNovelA whole classroom is submitted to a creepy version of the "king's game". They all receive in their cell phones, instructions about the order of the day and who will execute it. At first, they're small and insignificant tasks, like poking someone or giving a kiss. But they gradually become uncomfortable, weird and even deeply sexual. Failing to obey the order within the next 24 hours, will result in the death of the one who was chosen for the task. Also, leaving the game is forbidden. Soon, relationships between classmates begin to fall from friendship into distrust, fear, psychosis, and paranoia.
- Manhwa, ? (2011)CrepusculeNaver CorporationHorrorOriginal Work
- Manga, 10/47 (2008)Corpse Party: Blood CoveredSquare Enix Co., Ltd.HorrorVisual NovelWhen a mysterious earthquake rocks the grounds of Kisaragi Academy, its student soon find themselves in an alternate reality of murder and blood-covered mayhem.
- Manga, 16/64 (2012)Magical Girl ApocalypseAkita Shoten Co., Ltd.HorrorOriginal WorkKii and Tsukune are normal high school freshmen. One day, a magical girl appears at their high school, and she uses her mysterious power to kill their classmates one by one.
- Manga, 1/9 (2010)HideoutShougakukan Inc.HorrorOriginal Work
- Manga, 4/19 (2004)VarianteKadokawa ShotenHorrorOriginal WorkAiko is a normal teenage girl, who comes home one day to find that a monster known as a chimera has killed her parents. She is attacked too, and her body is taken away to the morgue. However, it turns out that she is not dead, or perhaps has revived. Her arm, however, has been replaced with one containing material exactly like that of the chimera that killed her parents...The organization that found her body wants to dissect her to find out how this is possible. Aiko's other option: join Atheos to fight the chimera, which she does once she has discovered how much she really wants to live.
- Manga, 10/49 (2011)Fort of ApocalypseKodansha Ltd.HorrorOriginal Work